Asante Maroon

USC, Would You Move to Your SO's Country One Day in the Future?

USC, Would You Move to Your SO's Country One Day in the Future?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Living Abroad in the Future

• Yes! Just say the word and I am there (given financial stability)
    • Yes! Just say the word and I am there (don't care about the money, we will make do!)
    • Maybe, half the year...
    • No. But we can always visit
    • No. I am quite comfortable where I am

101 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Ever since my first trip to Ghana, I have been struck by the (L) bug :luv:. I felt an overwhelming sense of belonging...Like I had been there before. When I left Ghana after my first trip, I developed a sense of "home sickness". I guess it was pretty easy for me because many parts of Ghana strongly resembles Jamaica (where my family is from)....Not to mention there is a strong love out there for Jamaica and its culture music!

But, strange enough Ghana has had the greatest impact on me, than any other place I have been, here or abroad. I say: "strange enough" because I knew Ghana is where I wanted to be almost immediately.

Many SO's have asked their USC SO's if they would ever consider moving to their home country....or they have simply made the statement that they would eventually like to return "back home" once they have made some sort of financial accomplishment, etc.... here in the US

....I guess I was a little strange in that, I told my SO when we were just getting to know each other, that I would LOVE to live in Ghana...he never had to ask me.

I can already envision my home and have ideas of what I would like to do when I am there. I think about it all the time!!! It makes me feel good, happy, and gives me something to work towards...

So, obviously my answer is YES YES YES :yes: :yes: :yes: I would ABSOLUTELY love to live in my SO's home country...I feel like it already home to me :wub:

What about you? How do you feel and why??? Don't forget to vote too! :star:

OTxq.jpgAsante Maroon

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Timeline

regardless of my marital demise :mellow: , I would consider part-time residency in ghana :yes: .

I fell in love with the beach, the ambiance and the serenity of it all (L) .

I did not like the some of the attitudes I encountered :ranting: , but attitudes are every where; here and abroad, so I just disregard the bad and soak up the good :thumbs: .

if I had my way :idea: , I'd spend half of the fall and all of the winters there,

with spring and summer in the good ol' u.s. of a :dancing: .

(gotta have the best of both worlds) :goofy: .

UNO (F)

I am all that the Potter created me to be.

I celebrate, liberate and dedicate my life to His Glory.

I Am Uno!

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

We have talked about it. But we are more apt to move to Dubai...as opposed to Pakistan.

"Tolerance implies no lack of commitment to one's own beliefs. Rather it condemns the oppression or persecution of others.

~John Fitzgerald Kennedy~

“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there."

~Jalal ad-Din Rumi~

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Y'all already know that my family is from Ghana (except my sisters and parents) so going back is not something I have to think about. Its not something we think about because we know it is going to happen, whether its in 5 years ir 50.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
:yes: I lived one year in Russia already to be with my fiancée and to know her and her family properly. As long as we could have a normal life, I would happily move back for always. I chose a future wife not a country. :yes:

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

It's no secret, anyone who has read my posts will tell you...yes I would move to Nova Scotia in a New York minute if I were legally able to bring my daughter with me. Until that time, we are here in the US. :D

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Nigeria isn't the most stable place but his village is such a wonderful place. We have plans for building there and on his property in Enugu. I have children here so splitting time makes more sense than moving full time. I don't fit in as naturally as I would like right away as his village is fairly remote and doesn't get visitors often.

First visit:2007-09-12 to 2008-09-23

I-129F Sent : 2007-11-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-11-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-31

NVC Received : 2008-04-21

NVC Left : 2008-04-23

Consulate Received : 2008-04-28

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-20

Interivew date : 2008-08-07 CO asks inappropraite questions

His father died: 2008-08-18

Retain Marc Ellis 2008-09

Visited Nigeria again: 2008-11-12

petitioned returned to CSC :2008-11-27

returned to USA 2008-12-13

His father buried 2009-01-03

picks up K1 visa Nov 2009

Marriage Dec 2009

take throne as Igwe /Lolo 2010 or 2011

As I was actually born there, and having observed how my parents lived there, I can picture myself there--but the picture is NOT one that makes the idea desirable.

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Alex says, 'yes! I would have no objections to that'. :)

We were originally going to live in the UK anyway, but right now California is the better option for us both.

We are probably equally close to both of our families and wherever we chose to live we'd have been leaving behind close friends and a large supportive family, so we'd have been happy in either country, really.

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

My husband and I talk about moving back to Brazil pretty often, so I voted YES, but given financial stability. My plan is to go for my MA here and then search for a job in Brazil. In the meantime, my husband will improve his English and apply for citizenship.

We met while I was living in Brazil and I'd like to move back, but I want to know that I can give a good life to my future children.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
My husband and I talk about moving back to Brazil pretty often, so I voted YES, but given financial stability. My plan is to go for my MA here and then search for a job in Brazil. In the meantime, my husband will improve his English and apply for citizenship.

We met while I was living in Brazil and I'd like to move back, but I want to know that I can give a good life to my future children.

Ditto on securing a good life for the future children! :thumbs:

Thanks for responding :star:

OTxq.jpgAsante Maroon

We would live in the UK if it was financially possible...alas, we are not made of money...

But it could always happen in the future...

Dawn

Our journey to be together (work in progress)

March 2007 - Met online

1/28/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC

5/13/08 - Visa in hand!!!

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

7/20/08 - AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

11/18/08 - AOS approved!!!

11/25/08 - Received welcome letter...and Green Card!!!

12/21/08 - ceremonial wedding

10/9/10 - Sent I-751 and started the fresh hell that is ROC

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

10/29/10 - received appointment for Biometrics

11/22/10 - Biometrics appointment

Currently: Living blissfully with my Essex lad...

IN A HEART BEAT. I HAD PLANNED TO MOVE THERE AT THE END OF THIS MONTH IF MY WIFE DID NOT HAVE A VISA YET. NOW SHE HAS AN INTERVIEW SIX DAYS AFTER MY PLANNED DEPARTURE DATE!

WHAT TIMING, NOW WE WILL WAIT AND SEE!!!

IT IS PLANNED FOR IN THE FUTURE. AFTER THE DEALINGS W/ USCIS, I WAS READY TO LEAVE THE COUNTRY AND NEVER RETURN. THERE ARE OPPROTUNITIES AVAILABLE THAT MAY STILL BE TO GOOD TO PASS UP.

JOHN&JEAN