mohamed N melinda

insulting religion

104 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

i just noticed some link in member signature totaly insult and disrespect islam .

yes islam is religion of peace and muslims respects all religions if they are jewishs or christains . everyone is free to follow the religion he choose and want but not free to insult other religions

Edited by mohamed N melinda

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
i just noticed some link in member signature totaly insult and disrespect islam .

yes islam is religion of peace and muslims respects all religions if they are jewishs or christains . everyone is free to follow the religion he choose and want but not free to insult other religions

Actually everyone is free to insult anything they like.. no matter how ignorant or unecessary it is.

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Actually everyone is free to insult anything they like.. no matter how ignorant or unecessary it is.

Well, yes, everyone is free to insult.

There are a couple of VJ members who link Islamophobic hate sites in their profiles or siggies. It makes me wonder how long a link to Stormfront, or David Duke, or the KKK would be tolerated on this site.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Sorry, Mohammed, this is the USA-- you can insult what you like. We do have a clause for "hate speech" but it pretty much is difficult to define and I thought it had to involve inciting violence. We're allowed to not only possess but speak about any opinion we want to as long as we do not move into slander-- no matter how wrong or silly the opinion or even hurtful-- it may be. You are just as able to say you think Judaism, Hinduism, Christianity, Satanism, etc are all total ####### populated by idiots and killers as anyone is to say the same things about Islam, its prophet, or anything you hold sacred. It's a two-way street.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_speech

is a link to hate speech and when it becomes not permissable by law.

You also make a limited comparison of religions that you say Islam respects (which I disagree it actually respects them but that's my opinion and I am free to say so here in the USA :) ). The person whose signature you saw may not even be of either of those two religons OR may not even have a religion at all. One never knows.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Sadly enough that's true. Everyone is free to say what they want when they want. Just some ppl don't have any sense of morals or respect for the other ppl they associate themselves with.

I respect all religions and try to never slander anybody for their beliefs. For example, I wouldn't think of insulting Christianity in a primarily Christian forum OR insulting Islam in a primarily Islamic forum...or insulting any religion in any forum where the client base is primarily of that religion.

I hope that before a person chooses to hate a religion (or religious person) that they talk to others and find out the truth before posting slanderous things ensha'allah.

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

"just noticed some link in member signature totaly insult and disrespect islam ."

he's talking about this website, not the u.s. in general.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Timeline

There are a couple of VJ members who link Islamophobic hate sites in their profiles or siggies. It makes me wonder how long a link to Stormfront, or David Duke, or the KKK would be tolerated on this site.

Well, I think YH was pointing out the lack of some people's (complete) sense of tact or taste :) I think it's totally stupid and unnecessary myself, but I can't control their siggys (or else I'd have flowers up all over the place-- or something funny or a good photo of SOMETHING as opposed to what I consider #######.) You know people would be all up in a giant bunch over a KKK link or whatever... but people don't realize what they are even doing is the same thing-- different object of hate. That's kind of why I brought up hate speech.

Timeline

I see. Should I try it and see if I get TOS'd? I would be attacked Im sure. I just dont get it really... people are so wrapped up in hate and propaganda that they find it necessary to add a hate/phobic site to their signature? I feel sorry for them really. It must suck to be so ignorant AND feel so strongly about it.

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline
"just noticed some link in member signature totaly insult and disrespect islam ."

he's talking about this website, not the u.s. in general.

True. Is it a violation of TOS? I was pointing out it's not necessarily a violation of the law itself.

I saw the link and I think the person knew 100% what they were posting. There is no other way to take it. Wow! It was very hurtful and offensive. BUT its just a link and everybody can believe as they like. It would be up there with KKK though (IMHO)

Well, I think YH was pointing out the lack of some people's (complete) sense of tact or taste :) I think it's totally stupid and unnecessary myself, but I can't control their siggys (or else I'd have flowers up all over the place-- or something funny or a good photo of SOMETHING as opposed to what I consider #######.) You know people would be all up in a giant bunch over a KKK link or whatever... but people don't realize what they are even doing is the same thing-- different object of hate. That's kind of why I brought up hate speech.

by the way, julianna, I just love those pink flowers in ur signature!

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Just to clarify for everyone... they are all talking about me bcz of a link I posted... while I have never insulted or talked openly about islam to anyone on here ... and have the right and freedom to post a website link of my choosing... I get called a name or two and get told how rude and ignorant I am... whoah!!! isnt there alot of other things in this world to get mad about ? and as someone stated... we all have our own opinions about religion and how we perceive them... I was giving a website link for others to read... some agree with it and some dont... but no one ever asked me about it but all started slandering me about it... interesting !
10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I really wish that was true considering we spent almost 2 years dealing with the police in egypt bcz adam choose to become a christian and they found out and didnt like it... 2 yrs of not knowing if I would see him or when he would go to prison and why on earth they wanted to spy on us... hmmm thats some sort of freedom to choose... (F) Thankfully he is now in a free country to choose his religion!

Edited by TamaraLovesAdam
10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
Just to clarify for everyone... they are all talking about me bcz of a link I posted... while I have never insulted or talked openly about islam to anyone on here ... and have the right and freedom to post a website link of my choosing... I get called a name or two and get told how rude and ignorant I am... whoah!!! isnt there alot of other things in this world to get mad about ? and as someone stated... we all have our own opinions about religion and how we perceive them... I was giving a website link for others to read... some agree with it and some dont... but no one ever asked me about it but all started slandering me about it... interesting !

Well.... first of all, as far as the law goes, "slander" refers to spoken statements which are defamatory or malicious. "Libel" refers to such statements that are written or printed, or in any way other than spoken (or gestured.)

However, I don't see even one person "libeling" you here, much less "all." Or are you referring to some other thread ?

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline

"but if you fear freedom leave this site NOW" <--- this is my favorite line so far. Its just classic!!

Tamara, you have the right to post a link whatever you like, but if you come into a forum where the majority of everyone posting is married/engaged to a muslim.. you must be prepared for the backlash.

Just my two cents.

Im very sorry that your SO had this experience and I am truly gratefull that we live in a country that allows religious freedom. But, saying that only "decent" muslims leave their religion is pretty hypocritical.

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.