americanlass

Any help??

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

OK so I posted this in another thread with no responses, so I just started a new thread and copied and pasted the post :) If you guys could help me with this, I would appreciate it! Thanks

This was a big concern for me as well...my fiance just sent out packet 3 on Saturday....our NOA2 expires July 10th. I was under the impression that you had to had your visa by then, not the sending out of packet 3. If it's meant that packet 3 is to be sent within 4 months then no worries for me!! I'm wondering however, if we should get a hold of someone to possibly get our interview sooner because if we need the visa completed by the time the NOA2 expires(in about a month's time!! ) then we better be on it as it's a month away. If anyone knows where I can get info on this, I would greatly appreciate it!

I-129F sent to Cali on Dec. 19, 2007

Received NOA1 on Jan. 17, 2007

I-129F approved March 21, 2008

NOA2 Hardcopy March 26,2008

Letter from NVC sent March 29, 2008, received April 3, 2008

The Brit received Packet 3 on April 14, 2008

Medical May 16, 2008-passed yay!! :)

Packet 3 returned June 1, 2008

Packet 4 received June 2nd, 2008

Interview July 16th, 2008!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

The embassy will automatically extend the NOA2. What you will need for the interview are re-affirmed letters of intent to marry. Otherwise, this is no biggie. Relax and fret not!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

So the 4 month expiration date for the NOA2 is for the whole process to be completed, interview done, visa in hand? I'm getting mixed answers, some say the 4 months is to send back packet 3, others say you have 4 months to interview date. I'm so confused right now!! Should I just go ahead and send him another letter of intent to marry? Our NOA2 expires July 10th, he send packet 3 out June 7th...maybe he should call someone to schedule interview closer? I don't know, any other answers would be great! :thumbs:

I-129F sent to Cali on Dec. 19, 2007

Received NOA1 on Jan. 17, 2007

I-129F approved March 21, 2008

NOA2 Hardcopy March 26,2008

Letter from NVC sent March 29, 2008, received April 3, 2008

The Brit received Packet 3 on April 14, 2008

Medical May 16, 2008-passed yay!! :)

Packet 3 returned June 1, 2008

Packet 4 received June 2nd, 2008

Interview July 16th, 2008!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Listen to the facts, as applicable to the US Embassy in London. Other answers you are receiving in another forum may be based on experiences at other embassies as the process can vary.

You DO NOT need to have your interview within the 4 months of the NOA2 period of valididty. If the NOA2 expires prior to your fiance's interview, the US Embassy in London will automatically extend the NOA2. At the interview, your fiance will need to supply the US Embassy in London personnel with updated letter of intent to marry from you and your fiance. You do not need to call the US Embassy in London, nor do you need to write to them at this time. Whether you get an interview date at the US Embassy in London before or after the NOA2 expiration date of July 10 is of no consequence.

*Please note all information supplied in this post is specific to the US Embassy in London only. I have no experience with any other US Embassy.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
So the 4 month expiration date for the NOA2 is for the whole process to be completed, interview done, visa in hand? I'm getting mixed answers, some say the 4 months is to send back packet 3, others say you have 4 months to interview date. I'm so confused right now!! Should I just go ahead and send him another letter of intent to marry? No wait till you have the interview date, then send the letter as close to the interview as possible. London have rejected letters if intent only a month old recently. You should also sign it in the presence of a notary.

Our NOA2 expires July 10th, he send packet 3 out June 7th...maybe he should call someone to schedule interview closer? I don't know, any other answers would be great! :thumbs:

The only answer you need is how the London embassy deal with this issue. People's experience will vary depending on the embassy they've been dealing with. London has been consistant in this matter, and the way they work is found in the answer you have already got:

Listen to the facts, as applicable to the US Embassy in London. Other answers you are receiving in another forum may be based on experiences at other embassies as the process can vary.

You DO NOT need to have your interview within the 4 months of the NOA2 period of valididty. If the NOA2 expires prior to your fiance's interview, the US Embassy in London will automatically extend the NOA2. At the interview, your fiance will need to supply the US Embassy in London personnel with updated letter of intent to marry from you and your fiance. You do not need to call the US Embassy in London, nor do you need to write to them at this time. Whether you get an interview date at the US Embassy in London before or after the NOA2 expiration date of July 10 is of no consequence.

*Please note all information supplied in this post is specific to the US Embassy in London only. I have no experience with any other US Embassy.

The UK Wiki

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

*sings*

hail to the Julez; she's the one we all say 'hail' to

we all say 'hail' cos she knows of what she speaks...

;)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

You wanna hear what you need to do if you go through the Embassy in Prague? :unsure: Maybe I just don´t understand the original question :jest:

Timeline

or maybe you're a cheeky monkey :P

061017001as.thumb.jpg

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Can I be really lame and hail Julez without reading her post? Or should I just throw peanuts?

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

peanuts?

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Timeline

macadamia for me, thankyouverymuch B)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.