angelanddan

My K1 interview experience at (Manila) US Embassy

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you try to search "co-sponsorship in manila" here on visa journey, you would probably see lots of post from me. My fiance have not been working for the entire 2006 and for 2007, he only worked for the final five months because he was with me for 6 months (living in my country). He got back to the USA May and started working for the fianl five months of 2007. So, the Income Tax Return of my fiance has only been 10, 600. So, to be wise, this is what my affidavit of support package looks like:

-NOTARIZED I-134 (MUST BE ORIGINAL)

-ITR of 2007 (I was asked 2006 too because he didnt make enough for 2007, and what I did is to submit 2005 too because he made 50,000 so in another piece of paper, I average the 3 years of ITR and emphasize that its 20,000/yr)

-Explanation Letter why the tax return for 2007 is low

-Employment Letter (in cover letter)

-pay stubs for the past 9 months he has been working (he made 19,000) ---(I also made another excel print out showing that for the past 9 months that my fiance has been continuosly working, he made more than the poverty guideline

-Bank Statement (it wont be asked unless you made below the poverty guideline..BUT..it depends on the prescreener, one of my co-applicant was asked even if his fiance made OVER the poverty guideline

THE MOST IMPORTANT CONSIDERATION THAT THE CONSUL WILL BE LOOKING INTO IS THE CAPABILITY OF THE AMERICAN FIANCE TO SUPPORT HIS FIANCEE. In my case, I told the consul as soon as I got to the door that I have a co-sponsor package if in case he would think I need it. (My adviser told me not to bring up the cos-ponsor stuff but I still did). The CONSUL SAID THAT THEY DONT ACCEPT CO_SPONSOR ON A K1 EXCEPT FOR SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES. BUT WHATS IMPORTANT IS IF YOUR FIANCE/FIANCEE IS CURRENTLY WORKING. (on my case, my fiance just switched jobs)

THE SECOND MOST IMPORTANT THING IS TO PROVE THAT YOU HAVE A GENUINE RELATIONSHIP. As for me, they are overwhelmed to see the VOIP records of me and my fiance, love letters (snail mail and emails) and pictures. They might ask you questions about the pics taken. As for me, here are the questions:

How did you meet your fiance

What are the similarities of you and your fiance

And the rest of the questions are all about me and my current work experience. (i think its a bonus if your foreign fiancee is working so it's gonna give the consul the idea that you will not be a public discharge to the govt)

I decided to post this so you may be able to know that the most important thing than a co-sponsor (if in case you dont meet the poverty guideline), is the CURRENT SOURCE of INCOME of your petitioner fiance.

OOPS>>>> on the interview, my co-Filipina, YOU DONT NEED TO BRING THE XRAY FILM. IT"S JUST AN EXTRA BAGGAGE AND WONT BE ASKED.

<<<<<<<AND ALSO, IF YOU WANT YOUR VISA TO BE DELIVERED ON TIME, make sure to pay your DELBROS DOCUMENT VERIFICATION---4 WEEKS BEFORE YOUR INTERVIEW and DONT FORGET TO FAX THE RECEIPT TO THE EMBASSy (of course dont forget your name and case number when you fax it)

FACT: the NSO verification period is from 1-4 weeks. So better pay it 4 weeks in advance.

AHMMMM>> WHAT ELSE CAN I HELP YOU WITH..... oh, If you received a text message from delbros regarding the delivery of your visa, dont forget to leave an authorization letter from whoever you authorize to receive it..(just in case you werent there). Make sure she have ID and leave your ID too. That's required.

THe most important lesson I've learned here is this: Pray fervently (what I prayed for was that the consul will be a blessing to me that all the applicants who really love their fiance for real get their visa approved), trust God (EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE WITH HIM!), trust your love for your fiance and BE HELPFUL TO OTHERS (it will help you more than you know).

When the interview is done, the consul said "Congratulations". I replied "Sir, I hope you dont mind me asking..Is My visa approved?" And then the handsome consul said "Yes it is" (I SCREAMED).

If you have questions that I can help you with, dont hesitate to drop me a line.

God bless us all!

Edited by angelanddan

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats! Lets :dance:

12-05-08 Arrived at Detroit Airport

12-06-08 Cincinnati, Ohio

12-13- 08 Detroit, Maine ( Home )

01-25-09 Sent EAD to St. Albans, Vermont

01-27-09 Confirm St. Albans, Vermont received!

03-30-09 Approval notice sent

03-31-09 EAD sent for printing

04-01-09 EAD Card Mailed

04-04-09 EAD Card in Hand

04-07-09 Applied SSN ( need to wait a 10 days or 2 weeks to deliver)

01-15-2011 10 yrs Green Card Receive

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats.

Though, doesn't mean when someone pay the document verification 4 weeks he/she wont be delayed. It's just a matter of "who gets lucky". Mine, paid 6 weeks before interview,at day of interview result of doc. veri. weren't in USEM yet. Only May 12 they sent the request to NSO.

So, paying early doesn't guarantee visa won't be delayed.

COngratulations in your successful interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Congratulations!!! :star:

APPLIED FOR NATURALIZATION 07/2021

08.01.2011 - I-751 SENT

08.05.2011 - Check cashed

08.08.2011- NOA Received

08.19.2011 - Biometrics Letter Received

09.12.2011 - Biometrics Appointment

01.27.2012 - Card production ordered

02.01.2012 - 10 year GC Received

07.25.2021 - N400 filed online

08.09.2021- Biometrics re-use notice

04.18.2022- Interview done at Minneapolis USCIS Local Office   ✔️ Received N-652 "Congratulations your application has been recommended for approval" during the interview.

05.19.2022- Oath Ceremony in MN

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

That's why you really have to fax the receipt to the embassy so they can ff it up to delbros who then sent the docs to NSO for verification :)

Thanks for all your congratulations. To God be the Glory! We didnt just get lucky because I feel that we're blessed by the Father in Heaven.

God Bless You All!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

Congratulations!!!

AOS Timeline:

7/30/08: Sent AOS to Chicago lockbox

7/31/08: Received by USCIS

8/06/08: Check cashed

8/07/08: Rec'd NOA for I-485 AOS

8/07/08: AOS, EAD, & AP - Touched

8/08/08: Rec'd NOAs for EAD & AP

8/12/08: Rec'd Biometrics appt letter

8/21/08: Biometrics

9/29/08: EAD & AP - approved!!

10/6/08: EAD & AP - received in the mail!

2/06/09: Received interview notice for March 10th!!

3/10/09: Passed interview - husband's GC approved!!! Woohoo!!! :-)

01/2011: File to remove conditions

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

still that doesn't guarantee a free-visa-delay due to document verification.

That's why you really have to fax the receipt to the embassy so they can ff it up to delbros who then sent the docs to NSO for verification
Edited by SHAPE OF MY HEART

congratz :dance:

N-400

March 21, 2014 - Application sent thru Expressmail

March 25, 2014 - Received/Priority Date

March 26, 2014 - Check cashed

March 27, 2014 - Notice Date

April 2, 2014 - Notice for Biometrics Appointment thru email

Aprill 22, 2014 - Biometrics

April 24, 2014 - In line for interview

August 25, 2014-Scheduled for Interview

September 30, 2014 - Interview and Oath-Taking :joy:

Congratulations!!! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

K1 Timeline

02/26/2007 - Filed I-129F

03/08/2007 - NOA1

06/05/2007 - NOA2

09/10/2007 - Interview

09/13/2007 - Visa Received

12/14/2007 - Flight to USA, POE-LAX

02/22/2008 - Wedding Date

AOS

05/29/2008 - I-485 received at Chicago Lockbox

06/19/2008 - Biometrics

08/25/2008 - Card production ordered

08/30/2008 - Green Card received

ROC

07/15/2010 - Mailed I-751 to CSC

07/19/2010 - NOA1

07/21/2010 - Check cleared

08/11/2010 - Biometrics

08/24/2010 - Card production ordered

08/27/2010 - Approval notice received

08/30/2010 - Green card received

N400 - Naturalization

08/08/2011 - Mailed N400 to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

08/12/2011 - NOA

08/15/2011 - Check cashed

09/07/2011 - Biometrics

09/09/2011 - Case status update - In line for testing & interview

09/13/2011 - Case status update - Interview scheduled

09/16/2011 - Interview appointment letter received from the mail

10/31/2011 - Test/Interview - Passed

12/07/2011 - In line for Oath Ceremony Scheduling

01/27/2012 - Oath Ceremony

If you try to search "co-sponsorship in manila" here on visa journey, you would probably see lots of post from me. My fiance have not been working for the entire 2006 and for 2007, he only worked for the final five months because he was with me for 6 months (living in my country). He got back to the USA May and started working for the fianl five months of 2007. So, the Income Tax Return of my fiance has only been 10, 600. So, to be wise, this is what my affidavit of support package looks like:

-NOTARIZED I-134 (MUST BE ORIGINAL)

-ITR of 2007 (I was asked 2006 too because he didnt make enough for 2007, and what I did is to submit 2005 too because he made 50,000 so in another piece of paper, I average the 3 years of ITR and emphasize that its 20,000/yr)

-Explanation Letter why the tax return for 2007 is low

-Employment Letter (in cover letter)

-pay stubs for the past 9 months he has been working (he made 19,000) ---(I also made another excel print out showing that for the past 9 months that my fiance has been continuosly working, he made more than the poverty guideline

-Bank Statement (it wont be asked unless you made below the poverty guideline..BUT..it depends on the prescreener, one of my co-applicant was asked even if his fiance made OVER the poverty guideline

THE MOST IMPORTANT CONSIDERATION THAT THE CONSUL WILL BE LOOKING INTO IS THE CAPABILITY OF THE AMERICAN FIANCE TO SUPPORT HIS FIANCEE. In my case, I told the consul as soon as I got to the door that I have a co-sponsor package if in case he would think I need it. (My adviser told me not to bring up the cos-ponsor stuff but I still did). The CONSUL SAID THAT THEY DONT ACCEPT CO_SPONSOR ON A K1 EXCEPT FOR SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES. BUT WHATS IMPORTANT IS IF YOUR FIANCE/FIANCEE IS CURRENTLY WORKING. (on my case, my fiance just switched jobs)

THE SECOND MOST IMPORTANT THING IS TO PROVE THAT YOU HAVE A GENUINE RELATIONSHIP. As for me, they are overwhelmed to see the VOIP records of me and my fiance, love letters (snail mail and emails) and pictures. They might ask you questions about the pics taken. As for me, here are the questions:

How did you meet your fiance

What are the similarities of you and your fiance

And the rest of the questions are all about me and my current work experience. (i think its a bonus if your foreign fiancee is working so it's gonna give the consul the idea that you will not be a public discharge to the govt)

I decided to post this so you may be able to know that the most important thing than a co-sponsor (if in case you dont meet the poverty guideline), is the CURRENT SOURCE of INCOME of your petitioner fiance.

OOPS>>>> on the interview, my co-Filipina, YOU DONT NEED TO BRING THE XRAY FILM. IT"S JUST AN EXTRA BAGGAGE AND WONT BE ASKED.

<<<<<<<AND ALSO, IF YOU WANT YOUR VISA TO BE DELIVERED ON TIME, make sure to pay your DELBROS DOCUMENT VERIFICATION---4 WEEKS BEFORE YOUR INTERVIEW and DONT FORGET TO FAX THE RECEIPT TO THE EMBASSy (of course dont forget your name and case number when you fax it)

FACT: the NSO verification period is from 1-4 weeks. So better pay it 4 weeks in advance.

AHMMMM>> WHAT ELSE CAN I HELP YOU WITH..... oh, If you received a text message from delbros regarding the delivery of your visa, dont forget to leave an authorization letter from whoever you authorize to receive it..(just in case you werent there). Make sure she have ID and leave your ID too. That's required.

THe most important lesson I've learned here is this: Pray fervently (what I prayed for was that the consul will be a blessing to me that all the applicants who really love their fiance for real get their visa approved), trust God (EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE WITH HIM!), trust your love for your fiance and BE HELPFUL TO OTHERS (it will help you more than you know).

When the interview is done, the consul said "Congratulations". I replied "Sir, I hope you dont mind me asking..Is My visa approved?" And then the handsome consul said "Yes it is" (I SCREAMED).

If you have questions that I can help you with, dont hesitate to drop me a line.

God bless us all!

Thanks for sharing your interview experience and congrats!

Marriage : June 30,2007 (Fernwood Gardens,QC Phils)

K3 Visa Application

I-130 sent: July 14,2007

I-130 Noa1: July 31,2007

I-130 Noa2: Mar 14,2008 (approved within 242 days)

I-129f sent: Aug 07,2007

I-129f Noa1: Aug 21,2007

I-129f Noa2: Mar 14,2008 (approved within 219 days)

NVC Received: Apr 01,2008

NVC Left: Apr 03,2008

Usem received: Apr 08,2008

2 days medical: May 15 and May 16,2008

Interview date: May 29,2008 (Approved with pink slip only)

Visa Received: June 04,2008 (visa received within 6 days only)

US Entry: June 23,2008

EAD Application only- (AOS application later-late next year)

Date filed: July 09,2008

Noa date: July 10,2008

Bio. Appt.: Aug 27,2008

Approved date: Oct 08,2008 (approved within 91 days)

Date card received: Oct 14,2008

SSN Application:

Date filed: Oct 15,2008

Receipt Notice: Oct 21,2008

Date card received: Oct 30,2008

June 30, 2009- Our 2nd Year Wedding Anniversary!

AOS Application (Hoping for 10 yr greencard)

Date filed/Sent: Nov 28, 2009

Received (by L Box): Nov 30,2009

Noa Date (Mail): Dec 10, 2009

Bio. Appt.: Jan 05, 2010

AOS Interview (Thank God! No RFE)

AOS Notice date: Feb 11, 2010

AOS Interview date: Mar 17,2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.