w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Pat Buchanan: Black Americans should be grateful we brought them over on slave ships!

891 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

America has been the best country on earth for black folks. It was here that 600,000 black people, brought from Africa in slave ships, grew into a community of 40 million, were introduced to Christian salvation, and reached the greatest levels of freedom and prosperity blacks have ever known.

Wright ought to go down on his knees and thank God he is an American.

Second, no people anywhere has done more to lift up blacks than white Americans. Untold trillions have been spent since the ’60s on welfare, food stamps, rent supplements, Section 8 housing, Pell grants, student loans, legal services, Medicaid, Earned Income Tax Credits and poverty programs designed to bring the African-American community into the mainstream.

We hear the grievances. Where is the gratitude?

Is white America really responsible for the fact that the crime and incarceration rates for African-Americans are seven times those of white America? Is it really white America’s fault that illegitimacy in the African-American community has hit 70 percent and the black dropout rate from high schools in some cities has reached 50 percent?

As for racism, its ugliest manifestation is in interracial crime, and especially interracial crimes of violence ... white criminals choose black victims 3 percent of the time, black criminals choose white victims 45 percent of the time?

Black-on-white rapes are 100 times more common than the reverse ... black-on-white robberies were 139 times as common in the first three years of this decade as the reverse?

We have all heard ad nauseam from the Rev. Al about Tawana Brawley, the Duke rape case and Jena. And all turned out to be hoaxes. But about the epidemic of black assaults on whites that are real, we hear nothing.

http://buchanan.org/blog/?p=969

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Seriously? Like...seriously, this guy exists?

I mean I've heard of Pat Buchanan before, but I just assumed if someone like this exists it'd be kind of like a mandatory tag onto his name to say "Pat Buchanan, that really stupid idiot dude" or something...

I mean it's not all 'white America's' fault about the inequalities and discriminations and injustices etc. between the races (more than just black and white), sure, I go with that. But like...yeh this guy exists?

Summer 2001 - met my Scottish boy

December 18th, 2007 - proposal in Madrid's Botanical Gardens with a duck standing behind him going 'food?'

January 18th, 2008 - I-129F sent to VSC

January 31st, 2008 - received NOA1, issued Jan. 24 :)

February 24th, 2008 - NOA2; omgwtfbbqlolz

February 29th, 2008 - NVC letter sent

Seriously? Like...seriously, this guy exists?

I mean I've heard of Pat Buchanan before, but I just assumed if someone like this exists it'd be kind of like a mandatory tag onto his name to say "Pat Buchanan, that really stupid idiot dude" or something...

I mean it's not all 'white America's' fault about the inequalities and discriminations and injustices etc. between the races (more than just black and white), sure, I go with that. But like...yeh this guy exists?

And some people believe him...completely :blink:

Dawn

Our journey to be together (work in progress)

March 2007 - Met online

1/28/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC

5/13/08 - Visa in hand!!!

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

7/20/08 - AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

11/18/08 - AOS approved!!!

11/25/08 - Received welcome letter...and Green Card!!!

12/21/08 - ceremonial wedding

10/9/10 - Sent I-751 and started the fresh hell that is ROC

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

10/29/10 - received appointment for Biometrics

11/22/10 - Biometrics appointment

Currently: Living blissfully with my Essex lad...

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Pat Buchanan is a lunatic...a sometimes brilliant one, but still a lunatic.

On a similar note...how many Republican candidates have close ties to the controversial preacher Pat Robertson, or the late Jerry Falwell. How many of them have gone to speak at Bob Jones University?

John McCain thanked Pastor Hagee for his endorsement without a peep from the Republican Party.

While I think that it was important for Obama to publicly denounce his pastor's controversial remarks, there's definitely a double standard when it comes to controversial preacher's associating themselves with candidates...the right leaning ones get nothing but a shrug from the same group (the Sean Hannity's) who get all riled up over Obama's ties to his preacher.

John McCain thanked Pastor Hagee for his endorsement without a peep from the Republican Party.

Hagee, in 'NYT' This Sunday, Says McCain Sought His Endorsement

NEW YORK In an interview that will appear in this Sunday's New York Times Magazine, controversial televangelist Rev. John Hagee declares, "It's true that [John] McCain's campaign sought my endorsement."

On a similar note...how many Republican candidates have close ties to the controversial preacher Pat Robertson, or the late Jerry Falwell. How many of them have gone to speak at Bob Jones University?

While I think that it was important for Obama to publicly denounce his pastor's controversial remarks, there's definitely a double standard when it comes to controversial preacher's associating themselves with candidates...the right leaning ones get nothing but a shrug from the same group (the Sean Hannity's) who get all riled up over Obama's ties to his preacher.

I've often wondered about that hypocrisy...

Dawn

Our journey to be together (work in progress)

March 2007 - Met online

1/28/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC

5/13/08 - Visa in hand!!!

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

7/20/08 - AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

11/18/08 - AOS approved!!!

11/25/08 - Received welcome letter...and Green Card!!!

12/21/08 - ceremonial wedding

10/9/10 - Sent I-751 and started the fresh hell that is ROC

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

10/29/10 - received appointment for Biometrics

11/22/10 - Biometrics appointment

Currently: Living blissfully with my Essex lad...

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I've often wondered about that hypocrisy...

...and let's not forget that both Pat Roberstona and Jerry Falwell, within days after 9/11, blamed America for the attacks. Pat Robertson had ran as Republican candidate for president and Falwell was the founder of Moral Majority - both major players in the Christian Coalition which was key in the Republicans winning the White House.

I guess by the same token Pat Buchanan ancestors should feel lucky that Ireland had a potato famine since it brought them to the US

It's called turning lemons into lemonade.

I don't hear too many Irish b!tch about the famine today. Waaa waaaa no potatoes to eat 150 years ago.... give me a handout today.

Edited by LuckyStrike

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I knew some total racist would show up in this thread and meekly agree with Pat Buchanan. And of course it happened. VJ sux.

oooooo you're gonna get it. calling someone a 'total racist' is against the TOS. lets see if the mods show favoritism....

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

I knew some total racist would show up in this thread and meekly agree with Pat Buchanan. And of course it happened. VJ sux.

Oh, cmon. Echo chambers are no fun! I like that people who disagree with me exist here, it gives us something to argue about :)