Jeraly

Official HPV Vaccine/New Police Certicate Thread

116 posts in this topic

Ok - I figured as this is the word on everyone's lips at the moment that we needed somewhere to keep all the info in one place.

~~~

First off:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/ty...types_2994.html

Vaccination Requirements

United States immigration law requires immigrant visa applicants to obtain certain vaccinations prior to the issuance of an immigrant visa. Panel physicians who conduct medical examinations of immigrant visa applicants are required to verify that immigrant visa applicants have met the vaccination requirements. See IV Vaccination Requirements for the list of required vaccinations and additional information.

As a fiancé(e), you are not required to fulfill this requirement at the time of your medical examination for a fiancé(e) visa. However, you may want to do so. These vaccinations are required when you adjust status following your marriage.

By this we can assume that we don't need to get the HPV vaccine until we are in the US (by "we" I mean females under the age of 27:

http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/...ccinechart.html

I would still like to know what happens if our last injection (as it seems to be a six month course of three injections) falls after our 27th birthday. Any info on this would be welcome.

~~~

Next:

http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/niv/add_crime.html

Applicants who have, or have applied for, a Subject Access Statement

If you have applied for, or are in possession of a Subject Access Statement, and you will appear for a visa interview before August 15, 2008, the Nonimmigrant Visa Section will accept this Statement, provided it was issued within 6 months of the date of the visa interview. Applicants appearing for interviews on or after August 15 will be required to furnish the new style police certificate from the ACPO.

As the K-1 is a NON-IMMIGRANT VISA we can also assume that the above is true for us. I have read that there is dispute about consulates stating that K-1 is IMMIGRANT. I am going to print the information that clearly states it isn't and wave it in the face of any officials who contest otherwise :lol:

There is also a thread regarding the Police Certificate here

~~~

Hope this helps some people and I hope we can get more info here as well :)

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you, Jeraly :thumbs:

Sucks that I'll have to get the HPV vaccine - I'll hopefully have completed AOS long before I am 27. I just have to work out whether it's going to be better getting the vaccine here or in the US - it may be cheaper in the US, but I'd to get as much as possible out of the way before I emigrate.

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I'm so annoyed about this, I think that the police cert + HPV combo is enough to warrant an extortion line call. Humph. I don't have the wait-for-AOS option since i'm CR-1. And I really was hoping to go in august, so 6 months is really pushing it.

What I don't understand is do they give you the whole course in Knightsbridge? in one day? if so, maybe they are the most economical option? 120GBP is better than 3x80GBP which is the best price i've heard from GP's.

hmmmmm

The UK Wiki

They certainly don't make this process easy, do they?

Dawn

Our journey to be together (work in progress)

March 2007 - Met online

1/28/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC

5/13/08 - Visa in hand!!!

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

7/20/08 - AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

11/18/08 - AOS approved!!!

11/25/08 - Received welcome letter...and Green Card!!!

12/21/08 - ceremonial wedding

10/9/10 - Sent I-751 and started the fresh hell that is ROC

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

10/29/10 - received appointment for Biometrics

11/22/10 - Biometrics appointment

Currently: Living blissfully with my Essex lad...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Are vaccines required in the UK for a K1 visa? I know that the USCIS says that they aren't, but I contacted the consulate in Canada and here they are, regardless of the visa type. If they're not required for a K1 visa, then the HPV vaccine isn't something to worry about. That vaccine isn't required for AOS.

Edited to also add that as far as I understand it, you only need the first injection for the interview to be a success. After that, they strongly recommend you get the other two shots.

Edited by TheATeam

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

Filed: Other Timeline

You'd be better off to email the embassy with any concerns you have. You'll get little useful information out of calling the extortion line.

Insofar as the vaccine goes, it's just not the type of thing you can do in 'one dose'. It's three injections here over a period of time also.

I can almost guarantee you that even if the vaccine is expensive at your Doc, it'll be worse at Knightsbridge.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hello all,

just got off the phone to Knightsbridge... She said that they only need to see that I've had the first dose, and have started the course, and at that point i'm approved as far as the HPV is concerned.

If you are K-1 I suppose you can tell them that you'll have it done in the US before AOS. (Though it seems to be questionable if it's required for AOS at all)

I'm not sure when I'd need to finish the course by, or who'd be checking up on it after that point - removal of conditions?

:star: well at least I know i don't have to wait around for 6 months to get a course of unnessesary medication. :star:

The UK Wiki

What I don't understand is do they give you the whole course in Knightsbridge? in one day? if so, maybe they are the most economical option? 120GBP is better than 3x80GBP which is the best price i've heard from GP's.

Wow - which GP? Mine said £399 because that is how much the company GP Care (0117 956 2100) cost! I mean - even one injection at £80 is better than that... but it is still cheaper in the US so I am going to print out all the evidence saying K-1 is a non-immigrant visa and that the vaccines aren't required for it until AOS then wave it in their faces if they contest that!!

Edited to also add that as far as I understand it, you only need the first injection for the interview to be a success. After that, they strongly recommend you get the other two shots.

Do you have a link to where it says that? I would like to add it to my collection for when I go through AOS :lol: Of course if I am going to start it I might well finish it anyway - at least then it won't be wasted money even if I have to spend a bit more on it - guess it will have to depend on finances :)

just got off the phone to Knightsbridge... She said that they only need to see that I've had the first dose, and have started the course, and at that point i'm approved as far as the HPV is concerned.

If you are K-1 I suppose you can tell them that you'll have it done in the US before AOS. (Though it seems to be questionable if it's required for AOS at all)

:star: well at least I know i don't have to wait around for 6 months to get a course of unnessesary medication. :star:

Great news that you dont' have to hang around!!! An if we only need the first injection then it does make things seem a little easier :D

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

hmmmmm

Yeh, that's what I was saying yesterday. My GP quoted me £80 per injection x 3 and Knightsbridge docs quoted me £120. I have a feeling that the £120 is only for the first injection though.

I think i'm just going to wait until AOS and then just wait and see what happens. :wacko: If I have to have it done, then so be it. Good news that we might only need the 1 though and not the 3!

Our K1 Journey

November 5th 2005 - ♥ Tash & Chris met ♥

June 11th 2007 - We posted the I129F :D

June 19th 2007 - USCIS received date

June 22nd 2007 - NOA1 received

November 16th 2007 - NOA2 - 156 days from filing

November 24th 2007 - Hard copy of NOA2 received

December 15th 2007 - Packet 3 received

January 18th 2008 - Packet 3 returned

February 13th 2008 - Packet 4 received

March 4th 2008 - Medical @ 1.00pm

March 5th 2008 - INTERVIEW @ 10.00am - APPROVED!!

March 11th 2008 - Visa received!

April 30th 2008 - Flying home at last!!!!! (POE: Dulles - Washington DC)

July 12th 2008 - Wedding date!

Now for AOS!

*bump*

People are still asking about the police certificate as well so if they could post here then it would help to keep all the info in the same place...

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Not specific to the UK, they are pulling the same ####### in Thailand. I'd rather my fiancee got it here so insurance would pay for it. I feel like we were extorted and it's BS.

Not specific to the UK, they are pulling the same ####### in Thailand. I'd rather my fiancee got it here so insurance would pay for it. I feel like we were extorted and it's BS.

But you have to have the police certificate before you can enter the US... that is if you are talking about the UK-specific police certificate...

As for HPV - as far as I can tell it can't be done on insurance in the US because it isn't considered a mandatory vaccine :angry:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.