chipsahoy

Request for expedite while waiting for NOA 2

13 posts in this topic

May fiance just got an order from his commander to be deployed in Iraq early next year. Can we request for K1 expedite though we are already waiting for our NOA 2? (We got our NOA1 late January of this year).

We need your opinions! Thanks.

You were never a mistake. You were my realization.

May fiance just got an order from his commander to be deployed in Iraq early next year. Can we request for K1 expedite though we are already waiting for our NOA 2? (We got our NOA1 late January of this year).

I don't know, but I don't think orders to deplyoment "early next year" will qualify as a reason to expedite. There's another member here, (hmm1 - i believe is the username, fiancee is from Korea) w/ a late February NOA1 who is in the same situation, and I believe his request to expedite was denied because it was not considered a pressing enough reason. I think he also had congressional involvement to see if it would help. Check out his posts....I think I remember seeing something to this effect. W/ a K-1 there are very few reasons that they would consider as valid in order to expedite....basically only if it is a life or death matter....and very few can prove that if they don't get to see each other sooner they will die. I know many of us feel that way....but in reality it is just not the case. ;) Hang in there, good luck!

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

its definetely worth a shot, if your fiance can a get a letter of this effect from his commander, then fax it to the Service Center. I was approved for military expedite in September, and i had a letter from my commander stating im deploying in April/May timeframe. (my deployment has since been pushed back til July). So i was approved for expedite 8 months before projected deployment. If the service center expedites you, then the consulate will most likely follow suit, providing you request expedite through them as well.

21FUNNY.gif

Just send them a copy of your orders or better yet call your local representative and they would be able to handle that for you. I think that they would way some options with you being deployed and all, things like she's new to the country while you're not here to help her adjust. The only thing that I can suggest is to pray to whoever you pray too. Most military bases have spousal support for spouses that are deployed! Check with your JAG office as well!

-K-1-

February 20, 2007 - mailed I-129F to TSC

February 21, 2007 - I-129F received by TSC

February 27, 2007 - NOA1 approved by CSC

March 12, 2007 - received NOA1 by mail

April 19, 2007 - Touched

May 14, 2007 - Touched

May 14, 2007 - NOA2 Approved!

May 15, 2007 - Touched

May 23, 2007 - NVC Received

May 25, 2007 - Left NVC

June 7, 2007 - Consulate Received Petition

June 12, 2007 - Received Interview date from NVC

June 29, 2007 - Packet 4 received

July 23 & 24, 2007 - Medical appointment completed

August 13, 2007 - Interview(Visa Approved!)

September 28, 2007 - Sharon arrives in US

December 22, 2007 - Civil Wedding

-AOS-

Febuary 10, 2008 - Chicago Office recieves AOS package

Febuary 15, 2008 - Check cashed for AOS

March 7, 2008 - Case Transfered to CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER

March 8, 2008 - Biometrics Taken

May 13, 2008 - Received Welcome Letter Notification

May 16, 2008 - AOS Approved

Austin & Sharon

Paula&Minya and Sharon Austin, thanks.. But methinks, nothing to lose if we gonna try. Matt, thank you so much. We will prolly do that.. If the USCIS will deny the expedite request, will the local US embassy also deny it?

Paula&Minya and Sharon Austin, thanks.. But methinks, nothing to lose if we gonna try. Matt, thank you so much. We will prolly do that.. If the USCIS will deny the expedite request, will the local US embassy also deny it?

I think your chances for an expedite are very good if you have deployment orders to Iraq.

Also, the consulate in Manila has a very steady track record for expediting based on deployment orders.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You should be receiving your NOA2 soon check out my timeline my fiance is also from the Philippines I received my NOA1 January 25th 2007 received my NOA2 April 30th 2007 if everything else goes right she will be here by August this year and mine was at the California Service center which traditionally is the slowest service center of them all. So keep the faith trust in God and you and your future husband will together forever soon.

Craig

Craig & Jessica Achorn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

I think your chances for an expedite are very good if you have deployment orders to Iraq.

Also, the consulate in Manila has a very steady track record for expediting based on deployment orders.

Yeah, I think mine was turned down...we are on a two week deployment notice(a prepare to deploy), luckily they extended the tour of OEF/OIF boots on ground, now I do not have to go for sure until mid 2008...hopefully CSC will have my NOA2 by then...just make sure you get a copy of the orders for the unit and a copy of the orders assigning him to the unit, it is too early in the game for him to have his name on a manifest order yet...that are the two biggest pieces of paper that you need...do the expeidte process and get your congressman involved...best of luck.

Feb. 16-Sent 129F to TSC.

Feb. 27-NOA1, received CSC.

Mar. 27-Found VJ, and became disappointed for not being able to use VSC.

Mar. 27-Applied for military expedite and got congressional help.

Mar. 28-touched.

Mar. 29-touched again.

Mar. 30-touched yet again.

Apr. 04-touched another time.

Apr. 05-touched some more.

May 15-touched once again.

May 15-NOA2. 78 days...WOW!!!

May 16-touched???(mail to NVC???).

May 18-Received Hard Copy NOA2.

May 21-NVC receives case!!!

May 23-NVC sends to Seoul!!!

Jun 04-Embassy receives case!!!

Jun 06-Receive Packet 3.

Jun 08-Receive Packet 4.

Jul 06-Interview.

Jul 06-APPROVED VISA

Aug 02-Arrived in US

Oct 29-Married

Soon, real soon for AOS, AP and EAD...just need time from the Army to do it with...

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzQ0Jk5PQTErcmVjZWl2ZWQuLi4mMDAwMDAwJjAwMDAwMCYxNSYxMiZjJjAmMjYmMiYyMDA3JjIwJjImNjU4ODk3MDAxMTc2OTc4Mzk1Lic=.gif

Timeline
Give it a shot .. can't hurt anything .. (I highly recommend that you request a senator to help you)

My problem is that I can not show the prepare to deploy orders...because of classification and the orders for next year are not printed yet... :crying::crying::crying:

Mar. 28-touched.

Mar. 29-touched again.

Jun 06-Receive Packet 3.

Jun 08-Receive Packet 4.

Jul 06-Interview.

Jul 06-APPROVED VISA

Aug 02-Arrived in US

Oct 29-Married

Soon, real soon for AOS, AP and EAD...just need time from the Army to do it with...

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzQ0Jk5PQTErcmVjZWl2ZWQuLi4mMDAwMDAwJjAwMDAwMCYxNSYxMiZjJjAmMjYmMiYyMDA3JjIwJjImNjU4ODk3MDAxMTc2OTc4Mzk1Lic=.gif

Give it a shot .. can't hurt anything .. (I highly recommend that you request a senator to help you)

My problem is that I can not show the prepare to deploy orders...because of classification and the orders for next year are not printed yet... :crying::crying::crying:

Hmm1, The same thing happened with me, due to classification and that it was too soon, I couldnt get orders... But I went to my 1st Sergeant, told him the situation, and he typed up an official letter stating that I am deploying during such and such months in support of OIF/OEF. The commander endorsed it. And the expedite was approved. It was that simple. USCIS doesnt need to see orders, per se, they just need undeniable proof that you are deploying in support of OIF/OEF. Im pretty sure they understand that orders cant be obtained so far out from deployment.

Also i think it is completely unnecessary to involve a senator or congressman. That is definetely breaking the military chain of command. A First sergeant's sole job is to help, use it.

21FUNNY.gif

Timeline

Hmm1, The same thing happened with me, due to classification and that it was too soon, I couldnt get orders... But I went to my 1st Sergeant, told him the situation, and he typed up an official letter stating that I am deploying during such and such months in support of OIF/OEF. The commander endorsed it. And the expedite was approved. It was that simple. USCIS doesnt need to see orders, per se, they just need undeniable proof that you are deploying in support of OIF/OEF. Im pretty sure they understand that orders cant be obtained so far out from deployment.

Also i think it is completely unnecessary to involve a senator or congressman. That is definetely breaking the military chain of command. A First sergeant's sole job is to help, use it.

I understand...if I worked for or was below a 1SG I would use it...I am going to see if my BN XO will type up one...and get the BN CDR to sign it...I didn't know you could do such like that...my Rep. told me that they needed military orders...thanks Matt

Mar. 28-touched.

Mar. 29-touched again.

Jun 06-Receive Packet 3.

Jun 08-Receive Packet 4.

Jul 06-Interview.

Jul 06-APPROVED VISA

Aug 02-Arrived in US

Oct 29-Married

That what exactly was my fiance told me. He doesn't want a senator or congressman to get into the picture.. Thanks Matt! :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.