Ban Hammer

what makes a Muslim country a Muslim country?

36 posts in this topic

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Is the U.S. a Christian country?

:ot::P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Good question. Looking forward to responses. My grandfather would love this conversation... He just bought a book about this......... the things that make you go hhmmmmmm........

It wouldnt be muslims would it? Nah

How about the religon? hhmm

The way of life?

Maybe all of the above? Or none?

Don't make me call my gramps......

Edited by limah

Pray with me Forrest! Dear God, make me a bird so I can fly far. Far, far away from here..... Dear God, make me a bird so I can fly far. Far, far away from here!

Timeline

It's not off-topic. The answer to my question is the same as my answer to the topic question.

here is what prompted me to start this thread. it has zippo to do with the usa. i'm curious what the answers are.

But I wouldn't exactly characterize Lebanon as a "Muslim" country. It has a sizeable and powerful Christian minority, and the Lebanese legal system is based on a mixture of Ottoman law, canon law, Napoleonic code, and civil law. Lebanon has no official state religion, nor does it recognize sharia as a source of legislation.

Anyway, I stand by what I've said -- in an actual "Muslim" country (meaning one with Islamic law) there is no way a group of guys would be doing this on a public street. I say this for a reason -- in many Muslim countries they could face arrest for such behavior, and even passers-by would likely beat them.

I guess we need to start a new thread to discuss what makes a Muslim country a Muslim country, because under your standards, Morocco isn't one. Because they use a combination of French provincial law and sharia, you shold definitely inform 99% of the population they do not live in a Muslim country. Then we'd have to move on to Indonesia, Bangladesh, and even India.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

A muslim country is a country that has its laws based on some degree of shariah and the majority of the population is muslim.

Filed K1 Petition September 2005

Interview at Embassy in Abu Dhabi December 2005 Denied

Interview at Embassy in Abu Dhabi January 2006 Approved

Nikah April 21, 2006

Biometrics June 2006

Received Green Card August 2006

Waiting for 10 year card since June 2008

Received 10 year card April 2009

U.S. Citizen November 2009

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

It's not off-topic. The answer to my question is the same as my answer to the topic question.

here is what prompted me to start this thread. it has zippo to do with the usa. i'm curious what the answers are.

Is the U.S. a Christian country? Yes, the majority of Americans are Christian. No, we have separation of church and state.

Isn't this just a semantic question?

Is there a difference between a Muslim country and an Islamic state?

Timeline

i have no idea. you tell me.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Unfortunately I think it's important to understand that currently no true muslim country exists. Even in countries that many might consider to be very islamic in the western world, in reality, in many areas of the local culture nothing can be further from the truth.

Filed K1 Petition September 2005

Interview at Embassy in Abu Dhabi December 2005 Denied

Interview at Embassy in Abu Dhabi January 2006 Approved

Nikah April 21, 2006

Biometrics June 2006

Received Green Card August 2006

Waiting for 10 year card since June 2008

Received 10 year card April 2009

U.S. Citizen November 2009

Filed: Other Timeline

Is the U.S. a Christian country? Yes, the majority of Americans are Christian. No, we have separation of church and state.

There was an opinion in the other thread that Lebanon isn't a Muslim country b/c 40% of the population is Christian, the law is a combination of sharia & tribal law, and the government allows equal representation to all religious groups.

So, what makes a Muslim country a Muslim country? I guess I didn't realize there were opposing views on this.

Edited by peezey

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

Timeline

There was an opinion in the other thread that Lebanon isn't a Muslim country b/c 40% of the population is Christian, the law is a combination of sharia & tribal law, and the government allows equal representation to all religious groups.

So, what makes a Muslim country a Muslim country? I guess I didn't realize there were opposing views on this.

i'm quite curious too about what makes it. i guess i'm gonna never know :(

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

i'm quite curious too about what makes it. i guess i'm gonna never know :(

I don't think there are any set guidelines and all you will get here are opinions. :star:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Timeline
I don't think there are any set guidelines and all you will get here are opinions. :star:

it's kinda like a date when i was 16.........something is better than nothing :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

it's kinda like a date when i was 16.........something is better than nothing :P

Charles! Why did Nessa take down the wedding photos?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.