Faisal khan

k1 inquiry call to my home

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I appeared at the U.S Embassy for my interview. I was told that administrative processing is required for my case.

After interview of K1 my family had an inquiry call from embassy to my home land line twice same day I had the interview, and the inquiry guy talked to my parents about my case.

that inquiry guy lead my father and started questions like who attended the marriage ceremony and where is the marriage certificate.

i live far from my parents when my fince visited me i bring my mother with me, we goes out from morning to evening may be that thing confuse my father that my be i marry her, but truth is we never married.

but the case is inqury guy told my father which sounds like i applied for the marriage visa, this created misunderstanding b/w me and my parents and my parents not talking to me since my interview.

please tell what embassy will be considering after this that my father didn't deny that i am not married ??? and i will explain my parents about the lie of my marriage.

will i be denied for visa ??? will i be disqualify for the visa ??

please tell me what should i do now ?

Thanks in advance

Edited by Faisal khan

If you got married, you do not qualify for a K-1 visa and yes, it will be denied due to misrepresentation. Big, big mistake.

He said he was NOT married.

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Some consulates are known to follow up with phone calls and even visits to the family of the beneficiary. In at least one case reported here on VJ, the consulate called the beneficiary's father three times in the same day making false accusations against the beneficiary, and did not admit until the 3rd call that they were from the consulate. The father was steadfast, and the beneficiary eventually got the visa.

Consulates do this in countries where there are strong traditions of family involvement in engagements and marriages. The implication that you were married without your parent's knowledge sounds like a typical ploy they might use. Getting married without your parent's knowledge in one of these countries would almost certainly mean the marriage was a sham.

Explain to your father that the consulate is trying to find visa scammers, and they WILL LIE to your parents in order to find them. As long as what your father told the consulate agrees with what you have told the consulate, then it's not likely the phone calls will result in your visa being denied. If your father acknowledged you were engaged, but said he didn't know anything about a marriage, then you're probably fine. On the other hand, if your father didn't know anything about your relationship or engagement, then your visa will almost certainly be denied. It would be very very unusual for a man to get engaged in Pakistan and not tell his parents, and the consulate knows this.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline
Some consulates are known to follow up with phone calls and even visits to the family of the beneficiary. In at least one case reported here on VJ, the consulate called the beneficiary's father three times in the same day making false accusations against the beneficiary, and did not admit until the 3rd call that they were from the consulate. The father was steadfast, and the beneficiary eventually got the visa.

Consulates do this in countries where there are strong traditions of family involvement in engagements and marriages. The implication that you were married without your parent's knowledge sounds like a typical ploy they might use. Getting married without your parent's knowledge in one of these countries would almost certainly mean the marriage was a sham.

Explain to your father that the consulate is trying to find visa scammers, and they WILL LIE to your parents in order to find them. As long as what your father told the consulate agrees with what you have told the consulate, then it's not likely the phone calls will result in your visa being denied. If your father acknowledged you were engaged, but said he didn't know anything about a marriage, then you're probably fine. On the other hand, if your father didn't know anything about your relationship or engagement, then your visa will almost certainly be denied. It would be very very unusual for a man to get engaged in Pakistan and not tell his parents, and the consulate knows this.

my father agree that we had a gathering where we did engagement etc.. and he knew about it, but when councilor asked for marriage certificate to trick with my father he told him that he didn't know about marriage certificate. but the matter of fact that he didn't denied that we didn't have marriage rather then engagement.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

my father agree that we had a gathering where we did engagement etc.. and he knew about it, but when councilor asked for marriage certificate to trick with my father he told him that he didn't know about marriage certificate. but the matter of fact that he didn't denied that we didn't have marriage rather then engagement.

So your father was vague? He could not give them an answer one way or the other? Is that correct? It would seem to be inconclusive and they may call around to other people or they may decide your father should know one way or the other and if he doesn't something is wrong.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

So your father was vague? He could not give them an answer one way or the other? Is that correct? It would seem to be inconclusive and they may call around to other people or they may decide your father should know one way or the other and if he doesn't something is wrong.

Actually i have been living far from my parents and i visit them once in a week, my father was considering may be without telling them i married b/c inquiry guy tell them some thing like i filed the marriage visa thats why he become confuse..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I appeared at the U.S Embassy for my interview. I was told that administrative processing is required for my case.

After interview of K1 my family had an inquiry call from embassy to my home land line twice same day I had the interview, and the inquiry guy talked to my parents about my case.

that inquiry guy lead my father and started questions like who attended the marriage ceremony and where is the marriage certificate.

i live far from my parents when my fince visited me i bring my mother with me, we goes out from morning to evening may be that thing confuse my father that my be i marry her, but truth is we never married.

but the case is inqury guy told my father which sounds like i applied for the marriage visa, this created misunderstanding b/w me and my parents and my parents not talking to me since my interview.

please tell what embassy will be considering after this that my father didn't deny that i am not married ??? and i will explain my parents about the lie of my marriage.

Thanks in advance

Providing you and your parents have answered all questions put them them honestly, I don't see there being a problem. I think it's great that the embassy are taking the time to dig a little deeper into some peoples Visa applications. I know it must be scary to have them look into your case with such intense, but remember... if you're all above board and everything's in order, then you have nothing to worry about. Their digging will, if anything, actually help prove your case to them.

I don't think you should do anything. Let them run their checks, and do whatever they have to do to in order to give you a Visa at the end of it.

They call families to find out fraudsters... if you're not one, then you have nothing to worry about

Dave

UK-US%20Flags2.gif

Timeline

Thanks in advance

Providing you and your parents have answered all questions put them them honestly, I don't see there being a problem. I think it's great that the embassy are taking the time to dig a little deeper into some peoples Visa applications. I know it must be scary to have them look into your case with such intense, but remember... if you're all above board and everything's in order, then you have nothing to worry about. Their digging will, if anything, actually help prove your case to them.

I don't think you should do anything. Let them run their checks, and do whatever they have to do to in order to give you a Visa at the end of it.

They call families to find out fraudsters... if you're not one, then you have nothing to worry about

Thank you very much you cheer me up..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
If you got married, you do not qualify for a K-1 visa and yes, it will be denied due to misrepresentation. Big, big mistake.

Len would you actually start reading posts before responding please

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I say this with as much respect as I can, but I think it's shady to lie to people to get information. I can see why they do it, but I still don't like it. We have to be honest, but they can bend the truth. "Do what I say, not what I do".

However, I'm sure if you explain the situation to the embassy, they will understand. For example, on some of my forms, it asks for my mother's address and other info regarding her. I have even spoken to her in 10 years. If they were to call her, my marriage would seem like a sham, because she most likely wouldn't know I got married.

Adjustment of Status

11/03/10 ------- AoS (I-130/I-485) Package mailed out (Priority Mail)

11/07/10 ------- AoS Package received and singed for

11/10/10 ------- NOA1 received for I-130, I-485 and I-765 (emails)

11/12/10 ------- NOA1 received for I-130, I-485 and I-765 (hard copies)

11/12/10 ------- Touches on I-130, I-485 and I-765

11/19/10 ------- Biometrics appointment letter received

12/06/10 ------- RFE for I-693 (I think the issue is that it was not signed. Called USCIS and will receive a letter in a few days explaining)

12/13/10 ------- Biometrics done

12/16/10 ------- EAD card in production (email)

12/20/10 ------- Received "Letter of Explanation" for RFE (Service Request to expedite my case. Called USCIS and was told to ignore that and just send in response to RFE.)

12/22/10 ------- Touch (Email for Post Decision Activity on EAD saying that a letter of approval has been mailed out)

12/24/10 ------- Received EAD in the mail

12/27/10 ------- Applied for SSN

12/31/10 ------- Received Interview letter

01/03/11 ------- Received SSN card in the mail

01/07/11 ------- Mailed out response to RFE (I-693)

01/15/11 ------- Email confirming USCIS received RFE response

01/31/11 ------- Approved!

Pre-Adjustment of Status:

2006 -------- Met Online

02/07 ------- Visited him in the U.S. for what was suppose to be a few weeks (Came in with birth certificate and health card. Health card expired a few months after)

08/07 ------- Decided to get married because we didn't want to be apart (in the U.S.)

10/10 ------- USCIS Medical Done

Timeline

I sent an email yesterday to the embassy telling them i have answered all of the questions asked in the interview with best of my know knowledge and information i had.

I told them honestly though my father didn't denied for the married but i invite you to open inquiry and u will find the truth easily. i wrote we never married but inquiry guy made my father nervous about asking questions like i am married without telling them.

I am great full all of u here being for ur replies which given me lil bit relax :thumbs: else i was worried and frustrated after that. :wacko:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
I say this with as much respect as I can, but I think it's shady to lie to people to get information. I can see why they do it, but I still don't like it. We have to be honest, but they can bend the truth. "Do what I say, not what I do".

However, I'm sure if you explain the situation to the embassy, they will understand. For example, on some of my forms, it asks for my mother's address and other info regarding her. I have even spoken to her in 10 years. If they were to call her, my marriage would seem like a sham, because she most likely wouldn't know I got married.

Not in your case. Family involvement in engagement and marriage is not a de-facto requirement in western culture, and they don't suspect a sham marriage for immigration purposes very often in Canada. People in western countries will sometimes cut off communication with a family member over a spat, and nobody thinks anything of it. This simply doesn't happen in south and east Asia.

Consulates in non-Western countries will judge the validity of the relationship according to both western and local culture and traditions. If the country is very poor and/or has a high visa fraud rate, they scrutinize the relationship that much harder.

For many centuries in south and east Asia, marriages were arranged by the families. Young people did not choose their own husband or wife. Those traditions are still followed in many countries, but are less strictly observed now, especially in "modern" cities. Even so, for a son or daughter in those countries to marry without the knowledge and consent of the family would be a huge insult to the family. They would effectively be cutting ties with their family. You can see the effect it had on Faisal khan's father when the consulate implied his son had married without his knowledge - his parents didn't want to speak to him. I doubt the consulate was intentionally trying to start a row between Faisal khan and his parents, but they were trying to find out just how seriously involved his family was in his relationship. If he was involved in a sham marriage for immigration, his family might be aware of it but might not be as involved as they would be if the marriage was serious.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
I think it's shady to lie to people to get information. I can see why they do it, but I still don't like it. We have to be honest, but they can bend the truth. "Do what I say, not what I do".
Federal agents (and, indeed, all police officers) can lie to us with impunity. I lack immediate access to the U.S. Supreme Court decision that enabled this.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.