rsn

vaccination records

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

My fiancee was given the first in a series of shots for a few different vaccinations in early April. It says that the 2nd dose is due 4-8 weeks after the first one for some of the shots. Obviously 8 weeks has passed, and we hope to head back to the U.S. in about a week. Is this going to be a problem for her at the POE, or can she safely wait to get the next dose of each vaccination after she enters the U.S.?

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Filed: Timeline
My fiancee was given the first in a series of shots for a few different vaccinations in early April. It says that the 2nd dose is due 4-8 weeks after the first one for some of the shots. Obviously 8 weeks has passed, and we hope to head back to the U.S. in about a week. Is this going to be a problem for her at the POE, or can she safely wait to get the next dose of each vaccination after she enters the U.S.?

I don't have any problem at the POE. I took the other shots when I got here in the US but it's more expensive in here. So it's better to get the shots there and if you do, make sure to have a vaccination record of the 2nd shots. It will be needed in the AOS wherein a civil surgeon will transcribe the list of vaccinations to the I-693 form.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

No, absolutely not. It WILL be a problem for the AOS, so get all those done and documented before you file for the AOS

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

No, absolutely not. It WILL be a problem for the AOS, so get all those done and documented before you file for the AOS

I assume it is ok to file AOS without getting all shots completed, especially since some in the series require a 6 month wait between doses. A few more questions on this topic:

1.) If we wait, say 12 weeks from the initial dose and the next dose in a series of shots was to be administered 4-8 weeks after the initial dose, is this going to be an issue or does it not matter if my fiancee gets this dose a bit late?

2.) On my fiancee's vaccination form, it says something like "vaccine history incomplete" (checked box) then below that another box is checked (a sub-item) that says something about a blanket wavier. What does this mean and do I need to worry about this?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I assume it is ok to file AOS without getting all shots completed, especially since some in the series require a 6 month wait between doses. A few more questions on this topic:

1.) If we wait, say 12 weeks from the initial dose and the next dose in a series of shots was to be administered 4-8 weeks after the initial dose, is this going to be an issue or does it not matter if my fiancee gets this dose a bit late?

2.) On my fiancee's vaccination form, it says something like "vaccine history incomplete" (checked box) then below that another box is checked (a sub-item) that says something about a blanket wavier. What does this mean and do I need to worry about this?

Yes, you can file AOS but you will get an RFE and they will not adjust status until all vaccinations are complete. Vaccinations must be complete and current for AOS, it tells you that in the guides which you read many months ago when you filed the petition. Another case where reading through the entire process before filing would have been helpful. Her K-1 visa is valid for 6 months, you can delay entry while you get shots, otherwise you will delay AOS, your choice as always.

1. I am not a doctor and do not play one on TV, so I cannot say

2. If the vaccine is waived it means she does not need it. It could be beacsue it is not necessary for people from that country or not appropriate for her age.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Yes, you can file AOS but you will get an RFE and they will not adjust status until all vaccinations are complete. Vaccinations must be complete and current for AOS, it tells you that in the guides which you read many months ago when you filed the petition. Another case where reading through the entire process before filing would have been helpful. Her K-1 visa is valid for 6 months, you can delay entry while you get shots, otherwise you will delay AOS, your choice as always.

2. If the vaccine is waived it means she does not need it. It could be beacsue it is not necessary for people from that country or not appropriate for her age.

Got it. I think we will opt for delaying AOS! So is it safe to say that all we have to do is complete the series of shots that were already started during her medical exam pre-K1 interview? There's a lot of shots listed on the sheet but only a small number were given at the exam. I'm assuming/hoping the hospital gave her all the initial shots she needed.

Edited by rsn

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Got it. I think we will opt for delaying AOS! So is it safe to say that all we have to do is complete the series of shots that were already started during her medical exam pre-K1 interview? There's a lot of shots listed on the sheet but only a small number were given at the exam. I'm assuming/hoping the hospital gave her all the initial shots she needed.

One way to get the follow up shots done is thru your local county health department. Download the page from the medical portion & take it to them for stamp & signature. They will also issue a shot card for the immigrant.

We did it this way. In our area shots for kids are free & my wifes follow up shots cost 20 bucks for three.

There was no problem at the AOS meeting.

Timeline

I have recently read through the guides and have not seen anywhere that states the "series" of vaccinations must be completed prior to adjusting status. Can you please link to where it says that?

Thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.