Peanut Butter story please!!!!!!!!!

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Funny story, at my expense! I had a hard time finding toilet paper in the USA that I liked. So on one trip back to the usa I brought back a suitcase full of Scotts toilet paper!! I was going through Toronto and at that time if u were going to DC, you had to goto a special area and security checked every bag right in front of you!! Needless to say the security lady thought it was pretty amusing I had a big suitcase full of toilet paper!! No longer do that, I found costco's Kirkland brand to be sufficient,lol

:o:lol::lol::lol:

I TOTALLY had the same problem tooooo!!!!!!! I've finally settled on (no pun intended) Charmin Ultrasoft. I think it comes with aloe or something. I just know not to buy anything with "White" on the label. Might as well use my finger. Oh wait. I did. :angry:

:lol: Ahhh that is funny too, I am not awake enough to write anything intelligent (or not) but you guys have me laughing anyway.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On this last trip I returned with:
  • 2 year old cheddar
  • Shreddies
  • side bacon (American bacon sux)
  • peameal bacon
  • bone-in ham steak for my ham and pea soup (American has WAY too much sugar :blink: . Makes the soup taste like #######. Oh... and no bone.)
  • Maltesers, Aeros
  • herb & garlic cream cheese (No, they don't have the proper stuff here.... just some sort of whipped ####### with garlic swirls. :blink: )
  • wheat bran for my cranberry blueberry bran muffins (no, they don't have it here)
  • ground almonds (see old cookie-baking post)
  • white pepper (they have it here but it smells and tastes like stinky socks)
  • Chicken and beef liquid Bovril
  • Turkey Pepperettes
  • Proper rye bread (they just have some sort of doughy imitation here)
  • Malt bread (mmmmm. Toasted malt bread dripping with butter. Must. Remember. To ration.)

Whhaaa.... no smarties?? :blush:

Filed: Other Timeline
Actually, I don't think you will have problems with peanut butter. I have found 100% natural peanut butter with nothing added as well as peanut butter with everything from High Fructose Corn Syrup to Molasses to sugar and oil. Just be prepared to read some labels. Most stores have a variety of brands available from which to choose. Right now we have Kroeger brand peanut butter and it tastes pretty good - the ingredients listed are: Roasted peanuts, sugar and less than 2% molasses, fully hydrogenated vegetable oils (rapesead, cottonseed, soybean) and salt. The jar waiting in the pantry for when the Kroeger one is used up is Great Value brand from Wal-Mart; it's ingredients list is peanuts, sugar, hydrogenated vegetable oil (rapeseed, cottonseed, soybean) salt. From what I remember that is very similar to what most store brands in Canada had. I personally prefer to 100% natural but my husband doesn't like how the oil separates so I use the one he prefers.

all that "hydrogenated" or "partially-hydrogenated" vegetable oils are added trans-fats that you don't need and are only contributing to ill health and expanding wastelines the same as HFCS is. Its nasty stuff, and IMO, there's no need for it in peanut butter. There's no need for anything but peanuts!

Why the Concern Over Trans Fats?

Recent research has suggested a link between increased LDL-cholesterol levels and trans fats. While there is still research to be done to prove a cause-effect relationship for trans fats, there is no question that saturated fats do raise LDL-cholesterol levels. Therefore, nutritionists generally do not recommend substituting foods higher in saturated fats for foods with trans fats.

Increased LDL-cholesterol levels are one risk factor in heart disease. Remember, though, that there are many other factors involved such as maintaining a healthy weight, leading a physically-active life, diabetes, high blood pressure, gender, age and heredity.

The best advice from nutritionists is still to lower the overall fat in your diet to no more than 30% of your daily calories and the saturated fat in your diet to no more than 10% of your daily calories. Reducing the overall fat in your diet will naturally lead to lower saturated and trans fat intake as well.

(from peanutbutterlovers.com)

We use Skippy all natural peanut butter, its available pretty much everywhere, and doesn't cost a whole lot more than "regular" Skippy. I used to be able to find another brand of all natural no-stir peanut butter, but nobody carries it around here anymore. Its pretty much hit or miss in this hick town to keep anything healthy stocked regularly. The store where I shop tried having organic bread and organic Kelloggs cereals and they just don't sell well here, (other stores have had similar luck) so they're gone now. I make my own bread and buy Kashi cereals when they go on sale at Big Lots.

But for some strange reason, organic canned goods and condiments are selling well here, and lately are always available. I used to have to search everywhere for ketchup with no HFCS in it, now everyone carries Full Circle products.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Timeline
Funny story, at my expense! I had a hard time finding toilet paper in the USA that I liked. So on one trip back to the usa I brought back a suitcase full of Scotts toilet paper!! I was going through Toronto and at that time if u were going to DC, you had to goto a special area and security checked every bag right in front of you!! Needless to say the security lady thought it was pretty amusing I had a big suitcase full of toilet paper!! No longer do that, I found costco's Kirkland brand to be sufficient,lol

:o:lol::lol::lol:

I TOTALLY had the same problem tooooo!!!!!!! I've finally settled on (no pun intended) Charmin Ultrasoft. I think it comes with aloe or something. I just know not to buy anything with "White" on the label. Might as well use my finger. Oh wait. I did. :angry:

and there I was just about to say i am a chokoholic and MISS MY MARSBAR

but eh yeah lmao reading the toiletpapper and finger story i think it just made my Marsbar withdrawels easier , LOLOL

129f for K1 visa filed in march 07 check my timeline for full info

03 March 2008 , received welcome letter and 2 year GC yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh

22 NOV 2009 to lift condition GC expires 22 Feb 2010

24 Nov 09 send in I 751 ( ROC , in VT )

25 Nov 09 Your item was delivered at 12:10 PM in SAINT ALBANS, VT 05479 to INS .

30 Nov 09 Check Cashed

21 Dec 09 biometric

On March 9, 2010, we ordered production of your new card.

12 March 2010 received approval letter in mail

16 March 2010 10 year Green Card received in mail exp date March 09 / 2020

April 14/2017 send N400 

04/25/17 credit card charged 

04/25/17 e mail NOA send 

05/01/17 hard copy of NOA dated 04/25 received in mail

05/06/17 biometric hard copy in mail 

05/19/17 Biometric appointment in Hartford CT 

07/17/17 Inline for Interview 

07/24/17 Interview letter in mail 

08/24/17 Interview in Springfield MA ... Yes Aproved

09/14/17 Oath Ceremony .... done I am a US citizen

09/22/17 Applied for Passport ( per reg mail ) 

10/04/17 got passport in mail  

10/13/17 got certificate in mail  , updated status with social security office 

AM DONE YEAHHHHHHHHHHH 

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Methinks on the next trip home we're going to buy a HUGE stockpile of favourites and ship it home to ourselves. Then when his parents fly down have them bring another stockpile of favourites. The donair sauce that was sent to us is ok...but doesn't compare at all to Pizza Delight's sauce! *drools thinking about their sauce*

I just had an idea! Of course it would depend on having a lot of Cdns in the area, but a Canadian Favourites store...stocked with all the essentials. Seems to me that at one time there was a link to a website where one could order such things...

Oh how I wish we were going home soon!

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

I just had an idea! Of course it would depend on having a lot of Cdns in the area, but a Canadian Favourites store...stocked with all the essentials. Seems to me that at one time there was a link to a website where one could order such things...

Nick and I were just talking about this!!! Opening up a store!!! :lol:

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Timeline

Nick and I were just talking about this!!! Opening up a store!!! :lol:

OH if you do and your in jersey get Lots of MARS BARS , Tony was born in jersey we go to visit the inlaws a lot , I WANT MY MARSBAR :crying:

( i substitude mars with milkyway but damn it aint a MARS :crying: )

129f for K1 visa filed in march 07 check my timeline for full info

03 March 2008 , received welcome letter and 2 year GC yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh

22 NOV 2009 to lift condition GC expires 22 Feb 2010

24 Nov 09 send in I 751 ( ROC , in VT )

25 Nov 09 Your item was delivered at 12:10 PM in SAINT ALBANS, VT 05479 to INS .

30 Nov 09 Check Cashed

21 Dec 09 biometric

On March 9, 2010, we ordered production of your new card.

12 March 2010 received approval letter in mail

16 March 2010 10 year Green Card received in mail exp date March 09 / 2020

April 14/2017 send N400 

04/25/17 credit card charged 

04/25/17 e mail NOA send 

05/01/17 hard copy of NOA dated 04/25 received in mail

05/06/17 biometric hard copy in mail 

05/19/17 Biometric appointment in Hartford CT 

07/17/17 Inline for Interview 

07/24/17 Interview letter in mail 

08/24/17 Interview in Springfield MA ... Yes Aproved

09/14/17 Oath Ceremony .... done I am a US citizen

09/22/17 Applied for Passport ( per reg mail ) 

10/04/17 got passport in mail  

10/13/17 got certificate in mail  , updated status with social security office 

AM DONE YEAHHHHHHHHHHH 

Filed: Timeline

Ahhh, The Great Peanut Butter Caper of 1910. Only to be rivalled by the Hellatious Liver & Onions Escapade of 1911. I remember it well.

Cousin Michael and I decided to play on the railroad tracks one day. A brilliant move, I know. But it may have resulted from all the times we were told to go play there by our older siblings. Anyway, the nice men in the gas station near the tracks called us over and offered us a lollipop if we came inside. Another brilliant move. Wouldn't fall for it in this day and age.

As we happily licked our lollies, our new "friends" called the cops. The cops drove us home. Our parents were mortified by the shamefulness of having the neighbours see a police car in the driveway, and we were promptly and swiftly judged and sentenced. We would go straight to bed without our dinner and we couldn't watch The Flintstones.

Cousin Michael was devastated that he couldn't watch The Flintstones. I didn't care either way because our family was sleeping over and we were banished to the same room so it was extra playtime sans parental guidance for me. And then we got hungry.

Our initial clash with the law had taught us something. If we were going to have an adventure and not get caught, it required a plan. The mission was to sneak into the kitchen without drawing the attention of the parental units. No problem. We were little. We would stick close to the ground and come in below the radar. But we would need to choose an item which would not involve preparation or the scaling of great heights. The target would be the jar of Peanut Butter from the bottom kitchen cupboard!

All went according to plan. We scurried past the parental units, located the peanut butter, stuck in our fingers, grabbed a whopping great clomp of it, then hurried back to our room. Yummy. And very more-ish. We returned to the scene of the crime. Another honking great clomp and we were back in our room with none the wiser. Who says crime doesn't pay? We were successful criminals after only one lesson! Back to playtime.

And then I got this weird feeling in the pit of my stomach. And my cheeks felt irritated. And then my mouth began to fill with saliva. I broke into a sweat and ran for the bowl. The toilet bowl that is. Oh wondrous great cool porcelain relief. That little tidy bowl man was not expecting this one. I never ate peanut butter again. And, to this day, I will hold my breath if a wee one asks for it in a sandwich. In fact.... just the thought.... does anyone have a Gravol?

iagree.gif

OH if you do and your in jersey get Lots of MARS BARS , Tony was born in jersey we go to visit the inlaws a lot , I WANT MY MARSBAR :crying:

( i substitude mars with milkyway but damn it aint a MARS :crying: )

You got it!!! :thumbs:

Ahhh, The Great Peanut Butter Caper of 1910. Only to be rivalled by the Hellatious Liver & Onions Escapade of 1911. I remember it well.

Cousin Michael and I decided to play on the railroad tracks one day. A brilliant move, I know. But it may have resulted from all the times we were told to go play there by our older siblings. Anyway, the nice men in the gas station near the tracks called us over and offered us a lollipop if we came inside. Another brilliant move. Wouldn't fall for it in this day and age.

As we happily licked our lollies, our new "friends" called the cops. The cops drove us home. Our parents were mortified by the shamefulness of having the neighbours see a police car in the driveway, and we were promptly and swiftly judged and sentenced. We would go straight to bed without our dinner and we couldn't watch The Flintstones.

Cousin Michael was devastated that he couldn't watch The Flintstones. I didn't care either way because our family was sleeping over and we were banished to the same room so it was extra playtime sans parental guidance for me. And then we got hungry.

Our initial clash with the law had taught us something. If we were going to have an adventure and not get caught, it required a plan. The mission was to sneak into the kitchen without drawing the attention of the parental units. No problem. We were little. We would stick close to the ground and come in below the radar. But we would need to choose an item which would not involve preparation or the scaling of great heights. The target would be the jar of Peanut Butter from the bottom kitchen cupboard!

All went according to plan. We scurried past the parental units, located the peanut butter, stuck in our fingers, grabbed a whopping great clomp of it, then hurried back to our room. Yummy. And very more-ish. We returned to the scene of the crime. Another honking great clomp and we were back in our room with none the wiser. Who says crime doesn't pay? We were successful criminals after only one lesson! Back to playtime.

And then I got this weird feeling in the pit of my stomach. And my cheeks felt irritated. And then my mouth began to fill with saliva. I broke into a sweat and ran for the bowl. The toilet bowl that is. Oh wondrous great cool porcelain relief. That little tidy bowl man was not expecting this one. I never ate peanut butter again. And, to this day, I will hold my breath if a wee one asks for it in a sandwich. In fact.... just the thought.... does anyone have a Gravol?

:lol: Hilarious!!!!

Thank you for sharing it! LOL

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

The smarties here are so much better. I tried them when I was in Canada and they tasted like waxy M&M's. :lol: ..I'm not a big ketchup eater...actually I NEVER eat ketchup so I dont even know the difference. But reading all your messages about the High Fructose Corn Syrup really made me think, and I went down to the fridge/cupboard to look at all the foods. EVERYTHING has HFCS in it! My God! When my honey is finally here, we are going to be very particular about buying fresh foods and foods with NO HFCS. You guys may have saved my and my SO's waistlines. :dancing:

K-1 Process

I-129F Sent : 2007-04-28

I-129F NOA1 :2007-06-05

I-129F RFE(s) :2007-10-28

RFE Reply(s) :2007-11-05

I-129F NOA2 :2007-11-28

NVC Received : 2007-12-20

NVC Left :2007-12-27 (due to holidays :P)

Consulate Received :2007/12/28 (Vancouver)

Packet 3 Received :2008-01-07

Packet 3 Sent :2008-01-07

Packet 4 Received :2008-01-14

Interview Date :2008-02-11

Visa Received :2008-02-13

US Entry :2008-02-20

Marriage :2008-02-26

Wedding Ceremony: 2008-05-03

Adjustment of Status 4105.gif

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2008-03-09

NOA: 2008-03-15

RFE(s) : 2008-03-29

Bio. Appt. : 2008-04-01

Touched: 04/01 - 04/02 - 04/16 - 04/17 - 04/18 - 04/21 - 05/06 - 05/07 - 05/08

Transferred to CSC: 2008-04-30

APPROVED!! : 2008-06-18

Employment Authorization Document

CIS Office : Chicago National Office

Filing Method :Mail

Approved: 2008-05-12

Advance Parole

Filing Method : Mail

Timeline

Rockets do not taste the same and do not have the same texture! Not nearly as good. US candy is so much better than Canadian lol. I will not back down from that comment! I will say the popcorn is better though, at the movie theaters. :D hahaha can't think of anything else where I even noticed a difference.

K-1 Process

Advance Parole

Filed: Timeline
Rockets do not taste the same and do not have the same texture! Not nearly as good. US candy is so much better than Canadian lol. I will not back down from that comment! I will say the popcorn is better though, at the movie theaters. :D hahaha can't think of anything else where I even noticed a difference.

:lol:

Okay. Well I'll let you away with it cause you grew up here and don't know any better. :thumbs::P:lol:

iagree.gif

Timeline

:lol:

Okay. Well I'll let you away with it cause you grew up here and don't know any better. :thumbs::P:lol:

:lol: Are you calling me ignorant :o

K-1 Process

Advance Parole

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.