Fandango

What are you Thankful for today????

44 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

8 years ago today I had brain and spinal surgery from my accident. Docs gave me 50/50 chance of survival 'at best' and 75-80% chance that I'd be paralyzed from the neck down.

And here I am perfectly fine.

It's kinda surreal actually, was sittin with my mom havin a coffee this AM and she was all 'at this time I was brushing your hair and praying' (when they shaved it, I asked them to give it to her)...damn my hair never looked so shiny, lol.

But it gave me chills, cos I think I did the easy bit...went to sleep, woke up. She had to sit and wait for like 9+ hours. And this morning with a tear in her eye, she said 'it was at around 3:30 when the doc came out and said you were mostly out of the woods and would lead a normal life again'

Life gets in the way...we all have our annoyances...bills, stress, bs...and I think part of me kinda lost sight of the thankfulness I felt when I left the hospital. I never thought I'd see the outside world ever again. I had prepared all my affairs - updated my will, wrote letters to everyone, made a video-goodbye to my parents. I had all my important papers arranged neatly for my mom to go through, and I had even given my spouse at the time an advance d directive that if I was a cabbage, I wanted to be placed in a home so that I was not a burden to my family.

All the stuff you never want to deal with.

And here I am...years later....and all that stuff has passed for me.. Praise God!!!! My hair has grown back, the scar has been covered with my hair...you'd never know what happened unless I told ya. ButI think I forgot, though, to not let the lil ####### get me down...and today is a perfect reminder that not only is 'no one shootin at me', but I am a very blessed person, because I was given another chance to make life all it can be.

So instead getting bogged down with bullsh!t, take a minute and think about everything in your life that you have been blessed with....a soulmate, a family, health, etc....whatever. Revel in the joys that you have and kick the ####### to the curb. Work, bills, stress, USCIS PROCESSING!!!, silly fights, etc...don't mean a damn thing. At all!

Have a beautiful day everyone! I know I will! (L)

Edited by LisaD

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Singapore
Timeline

What a lovely post, Lisa. I am so glad God has been watching over you and your family. I thank Him too, for giving you to me as a friend. :)

I am very thankful for:

1. My first ever American job performance review. My review was on Thu. I didn't think I'd be reviewed so soon (been full time with the company for only 6 months). My supervisor has been very pleased with my work and how I have gelled with the team. Everyone at the company received a year-end bonus and I got a salary increase! :dance:

2. My husband, Brandon, who does the biggest and smallest things to show how much he loves me. And he's still gaining weight! :)

3. McDonald's sausage and egg McMuffin. :P

:D

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

That's so beautiful Lisa, and so true.

I had cancer surgery 10 years ago and thank God I am OK and survived. I don't get worn out by little things anymore and don't hold any bad feelings for anything. I live and enjoy each day like it could be my last because I was given the opportunity to live. :dance: I don't even let USCIS stress me! :lol:

I am happy that everything went well for you, it's nice to have you around!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Have a wonderful day! (L)(F)

Our AOS Journey

July 18, 07: AOS/EAD sent to Chicago

Aug 03, 07: Received Biometrics appt. letter

Aug 23, 07: Biometrics

Aug 30, 07: Transfer to CSC letter dated 8/27

Sept 19, 07: EAD Approval email

Sept 29, 07: EAD card Received

Oct 09, 07: AOS Approved

Oct 13, 07: Green Card in hand

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm thankful that my husband is finally here.

Grateful that I finally have a family to call my own.

Thankful for so much...too much to list.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I just got word my sweety made it through heart surgery. Not only is that THE best belated Valentines gift a person could receive, but more than that is the peace in knowing God is the God of restoration and resurrection.....and grace.

There is no earthly satisfaction , and nothing can complete my joy more . ( Thank you, Yeshu'a for paying the price and also for your shalom ) .

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Beautiful post, Lisa! (F)

I'm thankful that I'm alive.

I'm thankful that the man that I am desperately in love with is desperately in love with me too. (L)

I'm thankful my chemotherapy is working (even though I'm bald!) so that I can live a long happy life.

I'm thankful for each day when I wake up.

And of course, I'm thankful for VJ, for all the help I get here, and for the knowledge that I'm not alone in this journey!!

Like you said, Lisa, sometimes I lose sight of what's really important, and get annoyed with stupid stuff... then I think about what's truly important.

Remove Conditions

08-19-2009: I-751 Sent to VSC

I just got word my sweety made it through heart surgery. Not only is that THE best belated Valentines gift a person could receive, but more than that is the peace in knowing God is the God of restoration and resurrection.....and grace.

There is no earthly satisfaction , and nothing can complete my joy more . ( Thank you, Yeshu'a for paying the price and also for your shalom ) .

PRAISE GOD!

Thank you everyone for sharing your blessings....man, we are a lucky bunch, aren't we?

(L) to you all!

I'm thankful that the man that I am desperately in love with is desperately in love with me too. (L)

I'm thankful my chemotherapy is working (even though I'm bald!) so that I can live a long happy life.

And of course, I'm thankful for VJ, for all the help I get here, and for the knowledge that I'm not alone in this journey!!

Like you said, Lisa, sometimes I lose sight of what's really important, and get annoyed with stupid stuff... then I think about what's truly important.

I will keep you in my prayers for continued success with your chemo treatments.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Thank you so much for sharing your story!!

C (Oregon, USA) & Melissa (Lima, PERU)

---

K1- 129F: Profile - Signature and Story

--

05/27/2005 We are married!

06/02/2005 Got Marriage Certificate

06/02/2005 Change name in SSC

06/11/2005 Receive SSC

--

AOS: Profile - Signature and Story

--

EAD: Profile - Signature and Story

--

10/06/2006 Find out we are pregnant!!

05/29/2007 Our boy is born

--

08/14/2007 Start gathering documents for I751

08/29/2007 Mailed I751

08/30/2007 I751 received at NSC

09/27/2007 Received NOA1 in the mail, dated 08/30/2007

10/04/2007 Received Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2007 Biometrics 1pm

11/30/2007 Card production ordered!! Whoohooo!!!!

Wish Upon a Plane

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I think we need to stop and think and count every blessing, but sometimes we need to be reminded, so thank YOU, LisaD for starting this thread. (F)(L)

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

PRAISE GOD!

Thank you everyone for sharing your blessings....man, we are a lucky bunch, aren't we?

(L) to you all!

I am thankful that LisaD made me realize how lucky and blessed I am. I am thankful that God

loves me...I am thankful for each day that i live. GREAT POST Lisa.

I will keep you in my prayers for continued success with your chemo treatments.

Thank you so much. I honestly believe that prayer and attitude both have a lot to do with recovery.

Remove Conditions

08-19-2009: I-751 Sent to VSC