Perseverance

North American Airlines, JFK to Lagos

14 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Has anyone utilized this service yet? I know it is new. If you have traveled with this airline I would like to know how the service was, even more particular the flight from JFK to Lagos. I am thinking of using on my next trip to Nigeria.

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello Heather,

Welcome aboard visa journey, It's hard to know what airline your talking about you forget to ad it......lol

idocare

NSC, NOA1 September 26th,03

received NOA1 in mail Oct. 03,03

RFE - received in mail March 29th,04

RFE returned April 17th,04

RFE received April 21,04 at NSC online

NOA2 received April 29th,04 via online

NOA2 received May 03,04 in mail

NVC receives file May 6th,04

NVC sends file to Nigeria May 11th,04

Lagos receives our file, notified thru e-mail May 19th,04

Victor goes and picks up packet #3....May 20th,04

Sent request for earlier interview date via e-mail May 20th,04

May 27th, Lagos won't change date.

August 16th, 2004 fly to Nigeria for Victors interview

August 19th, 2004 Interview date, visa approved.

August 25th, 2004 Victor picks up passport with visa stamp.

August 26th, 2004 fly back to USA

September 18th, 2004 Victor arrives in USA, Lord willing.

October 9th, 2004, we become husband and wife

October 25th, 2004 I learn that I'm pregnant.

Feburary 25th, 2005 AOS Appointment

( went to appt. and requested a reschedule)

June 7th, 05 gave birth to a boy child.

July 5th, 05 Victor packs he suitcase and leaves for good.

July 2005 2nd AOS appointment

( went and requested a reschedule )

August 2005- I file for divorce. and withdraw immigration paperwork.

Washington State/ Nigeria

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I personally haven't used it, but Re used it to fly from Ghana to JFK. His flight was supposed to leave Dec 20. It took off and then landed 30 min later at the same airport. They said the plane had problems so they flew it back to JFK without passengers to repair it. Re didn't get a flight until Dec 25. They did pay for them to have a hotel room in Accra complete with meals. They were supposed to give them phone cards, but Re didn't get his until I continuously called the airline asking where my fiance was. After my 20+ calls they were very nice to Re and just dreading my next call.

He said the actual flight was nice. It is the only airline that has a direct flight to Ghana so it is very popular among Ghanaians. It is a small airline, primarily a charter airline so it doesn't have all the nice features that you would be used to on airlines like AA.

Anyway, I've never flown to Lagos, but it is the same airline, so it should have the same issues there. They have a very small fleet of airplanes so if it breaks down, there's not another plane sitting there waiting to pick you up. Even so, I think the passengers on Re's flight did get the option of being substituted tickets on another airline.

Good Luck.

Kanyiri

K-1 (more detail in profile):

05-25-05 - Applied for I-129F

06-07-05 - Approved

12-01-05 - Picked up visa!!

AOS:

12-25-05 - Flight lands at JFK - EAD stamp

05-15-06 - Green card received!! Woo-hoo!!!

05-09-07 - Our first son born!

Removal of Conditions

01-29-08 - Mailed Removal of Conditions Application (overnight)

02-07-08 - Check Cashed

02-08-08 - NOA1

03-12-08 - Biometrics

12-12-08 - Card production ordered! Yay!

12-30-08 - 10 year card received! Yay!

Naturalization

01-12-10 - Mailed application

01-20-10 - NOA

02-16-10 - Biometrics

04-21-10 - Interview

04-21-10 - Oath ceremony - US CITIZEN!!!

Timeline
Has anyone utilized this service yet? I know it is new. If you have traveled with this airline I would like to know how the service was, even more particular the flight from JFK to Lagos. I am thinking of using on my next trip to Nigeria.

:thumbs: Hey there Heather! I just used this airline on July 21 on my trip to Lagos to see my fiance. I came back yesterday to be exact! I loved it. I was fast, stewardess nice, good movies and hey I recommend them :thumbs: I wish you the best. I had fun...and I can say life changing experience..lol (L)

Livi

jidedoll1.gif

us-flag.gifni-flag.gif

"If God be for us...who can be against us?"

Jide and Olivia Love Story Blog

Ministry I founded: WOMEN OF DELIVERANCE

My Homepage Spot!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I flew JFK to Accra and it was great! On time, friendly staff. Only problem is that the airplanes are older ones with small cabin carry-on luggage space. They will hold you to the maximum sizes for carry-ons!

--------------------------

Becoming a U.S. Citizen

2/15/10 Sent N-400 packet via Fedex to Lewisville TX

2/19/10 Received text message and email notification of application received, check cashed

2/27/10 Received biometrics appointment letter

3/19/10 Biometrics appointment

3/25/10 Received email notice that case will be sent for interview scheduling at local office

3/26/10 Received yellow letter asking to being more tax records/info to interview

3/27/10 Received interview letter (dated 3/24/10)

4/28/10 Interview appointment

6/5/10 Received oath letter (dated 6/1/10)

6/29/10 Oath ceremony date

Timeline
Alright great information so far thanks!! :D

Jideprincess,

How was Nigera, I wish that I could go soon, I miss it.

:D Well ummm...let me see..it was new experience I can truly say ;) I had fun after I learned to trust myself crossing the streets..ahahhahahh..I tried a few of the foods...too nervous to try too many different things, but on the next visit I will. I found that the people were more friendly than I expected which made me happy. Of course you know a sistah wouldnt dare jump in a car and drive...the funny thing is..The big joke for Jide was me getting on an Okada (the motorcycle guys) :P Well I got cute and was walking around one day while Jide was at work and GOT LOST!!! :help: Well i had good sense not to start hollering I was lost :wacko: So guess what ? I had to get on the back of an Okada driver and say ...PLEASE TAKE ME TO EXCELLENCE HOTEL :secret: that way i didnt appear lost...but LAWD ON MY SOUL....drivign through the traffic and my phat behind on one...Had all of us, me, Jide and my friends laughing for days!! :jest: shoot after that I was bold..but i stayed off them..I just stayed close to what i knew..ahahhahahahh

Also the weather was niceee..yeahhhhh..NO HEAT :devil: I heard it was blazing in my hometown of VA..ahahhah..GOD was thinking of me...cuz i was a little nervous..the weather was rainy and cool most of time. So hmmmmm.. it was nice...alot to tell but hey...whose talking...ahahahhah...Cant wait to go back again in a few months..for ministry work...Things turned out for the best and I wish you well. :dance::D

jidedoll1.gif

us-flag.gifni-flag.gif

My Homepage Spot!

Timeline

Alright great information so far thanks!! :D

Jideprincess,

How was Nigera, I wish that I could go soon, I miss it.

:D Well ummm...let me see..it was new experience I can truly say ;) I had fun after I learned to trust myself crossing the streets..ahahhahahh..I tried a few of the foods...too nervous to try too many different things, but on the next visit I will. I found that the people were more friendly than I expected which made me happy. Of course you know a sistah wouldnt dare jump in a car and drive...the funny thing is..The big joke for Jide was me getting on an Okada (the motorcycle guys) :P Well I got cute and was walking around one day while Jide was at work and GOT LOST!!! :help: Well i had good sense not to start hollering I was lost :wacko: So guess what ? I had to get on the back of an Okada driver and say ...PLEASE TAKE ME TO EXCELLENCE HOTEL :secret: that way i didnt appear lost...but LAWD ON MY SOUL....drivign through the traffic and my phat behind on one...Had all of us, me, Jide and my friends laughing for days!! :jest: shoot after that I was bold..but i stayed off them..I just stayed close to what i knew..ahahhahahahh

Also the weather was niceee..yeahhhhh..NO HEAT :devil: I heard it was blazing in my hometown of VA..ahahhah..GOD was thinking of me...cuz i was a little nervous..the weather was rainy and cool most of time. So hmmmmm.. it was nice...alot to tell but hey...whose talking...ahahahhah...Cant wait to go back again in a few months..for ministry work...Things turned out for the best and I wish you well. :dance::D

Oh my Gosh, I could never get on the back of one of those little bikes...you are a brave woman.

NO way I would not drive either they are mad crazy drivers. :hehe:

I dont venture out on my own I am not that brave.

Yes try the food its not as scary as you think. Justice likes to cook for me, he is a very good cook too. And his sisters have cooked for me as well.

The first time we all went out to eat, I am eating (with a fork... I just cant eat with my hands) and I look up, everyone is staring at me, I was like what is going on. So Justice is laughing, :lol: he says his family did not believe him that I would eat Nigerian food. they had to see for themselves. Too funny. :lol:

We usually share a plate of food when we go out I just cant eat a whole plate by myself.

Glad you had a great time it is always an adventure that is for sure.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi, new here, wish i did not have to be. so want my husband home with a GC.

Ahhh Ikeja and the okata! I don't miss it. Been 5 times to lagos Nigeria within the past year. yet to go on the direct flight hope to not have to if my husband gets an interview. But if not, i will be in the go slow fo sho.

The execllence hotel holds lots of memories for me. isn't that round about crazy! driving is not an option for anyone newly. there are no rules in the road unless you count if i can inch in I can pass you. even that means fender bending. and don't think you can call road side assistance or a cop. hit and runs are the only way to get through most congested spots.

Edited by ijeme

Every day is one day closer to the end of my visa journey.

Timeline
Hi, new here, wish i did not have to be. so want my husband home with a GC.

Ahhh Ikeja and the okata! I don't miss it. Been 5 times to lagos Nigeria within the past year. yet to go on the direct flight hope to not have to if my husband gets an interview. But if not, i will be in the go slow fo sho.

The execllence hotel holds lots of memories for me. isn't that round about crazy! driving is not an option for anyone newly. there are no rules in the road unless you count if i can inch in I can pass you. even that means fender bending. and don't think you can call road side assistance or a cop. hit and runs are the only way to get through most congested spots.

WOW I wish i could afford to go that many times!!

Did you get good fares?

I have used KLM and Brithish Air, I preferred British. KLM had a 5 hour delay and a gate change in Amsterdam that was not announced to us. Wow there were some pissed off Nigerians. I am eager to use this direct from JFK. I cant go untill his interview. Cost to much $$$$$$$.

Timeline
The first time we all went out to eat, I am eating (with a fork... I just cant eat with my hands) and I look up, everyone is staring at me, I was like what is going on.

:lol: THat is too funny cuz same thing happened to me..I went into a restaurant..ordered a chicken pie and ummmm..asked for a fork. THe woman looked at me in a daze..like WHAT THE HECK???!!! :unsure: So the friend who took me says...EAT IT WITH YOUR HAND..ahahhahah..okkkk...I can deal with that but chileeee i went to a rest room....to ummmm...pee pee :blush: welll ummmmm..thank goodness thats it..because this was a large community church and NO TISSUE PAPER!!!! I was like OH MY GOD...and then i went to wash my hands..and had the nerve to reach for paper towel to dry..a woman beside me...looked and said...HONEY PLEASE YOU IN NIGERIA :P:jest: I had to fall out and laugh...and after that..I CARRY TISSUE in my BAG!!! :thumbs:

ahahahhahahah

jidedoll1.gif

us-flag.gifni-flag.gif

My Homepage Spot!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

no good deals.... ticet prices were from $1300 - $2800 round trip. Depending on if i planned far in advance. Only twice did i get a ticket uner $1500. I am not from a state with an international airport so i have to pay to fly to MI, NY, NJ or DC. Due to this immigration process I have to go every 3 or 4 months. I love my husband but I hate the flying. 22 plus hrs most times. I have used british airways, KLM, and iberia. British was the best by far. Iberia was a once and never ever again mistake (though cheap but the layover is ridiculous).

Every day is one day closer to the end of my visa journey.

Timeline

The first time we all went out to eat, I am eating (with a fork... I just cant eat with my hands) and I look up, everyone is staring at me, I was like what is going on.

:lol: THat is too funny cuz same thing happened to me..I went into a restaurant..ordered a chicken pie and ummmm..asked for a fork. THe woman looked at me in a daze..like WHAT THE HECK???!!! :unsure: So the friend who took me says...EAT IT WITH YOUR HAND..ahahhahah..okkkk...I can deal with that but chileeee i went to a rest room....to ummmm...pee pee :blush: welll ummmmm..thank goodness thats it..because this was a large community church and NO TISSUE PAPER!!!! I was like OH MY GOD...and then i went to wash my hands..and had the nerve to reach for paper towel to dry..a woman beside me...looked and said...HONEY PLEASE YOU IN NIGERIA :P:jest: I had to fall out and laugh...and after that..I CARRY TISSUE in my BAG!!! :thumbs:

ahahahhahahah

Yeah I have to use a fork, and they all look like you have lost your mind. :lol: Funny stuff. And tissue, I have to have tissue, I knew that tissue would be in short supply so I always bring plenty along with me. And man if you need feminine products while you are there...you best not forget to bring them. :no: And heck good luck finding a toilet depending on where you are.

And good Heavens the crazy bugs that are there. When I go I stay with him in his apartment and the shower facility is separate, so he would always check for creatures in the shower before I would go in. One night I am too tired to wait I just go on in by myself...GOOD LORD :help: there are Fear Factor bugs in there. :o:hehe::huh: I just took off my shoe and started whacking them, standing on one leg holding all my stuff in my non lethal hand. What a site...he open the door and we just looked at each other both in hysterics. :lol:

no good deals.... ticet prices were from $1300 - $2800 round trip. Depending on if i planned far in advance. Only twice did i get a ticket uner $1500. I am not from a state with an international airport so i have to pay to fly to MI, NY, NJ or DC. Due to this immigration process I have to go every 3 or 4 months. I love my husband but I hate the flying. 22 plus hrs most times. I have used british airways, KLM, and iberia. British was the best by far. Iberia was a once and never ever again mistake (though cheap but the layover is ridiculous).

I have been lucky about $1200 each time. I dont like the killer layovers in Europe. last time I was in Heathrow for 9 hours and it was sooooo cold in that airport. I think it all depends on when you go how the airfare is. I wish that I could go more often, I have 3 kids and currently working 2 jobs to get through this process.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.