jennleah72

How did everyone meet their american/canadian significant others?

145 posts in this topic

Just wanted to ask everyone how they met :)

And I guess I should start off with mine :D

My Fiance and I met on the online game World of Warcraft in the summer of 2007 in true nerd fashion :D We then talked online for awhile and he flew up in May 2008 to meet me and we recently decided to apply for the I-129F visa which we will be doing very shortly :) I am from Alberta, and he is from Washington state.

I129F sent: May 1, 2009

I129F arrived: May 4, 2009

NOA1: May 13, 2009

NOA1 Hard Copy: May 18, 2009

NOA2: Aug 21, 2009

NOA2 Hard Copy: Aug 29, 2009

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My Fiance and I met on the online game World of Warcraft in the summer of 2007 in true nerd fashion :D We then talked online for awhile and he flew up in May 2008 to meet me and we recently decided to apply for the I-129F visa which we will be doing very shortly :) I am from Alberta, and he is from Washington state.

Reverse that story and its me and Wes!!! I met him in August 2007 when I joined his guild after breaking up with my ex. Went to visit in May 2008 in San Diego, we decided we never wanted to be apart. I went down again for Blizzcon and he took me ring browsing. We will be filing beginning of march :D

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Reverse that story and its me and Wes!!! I met him in August 2007 when I joined his guild after breaking up with my ex. Went to visit in May 2008 in San Diego, we decided we never wanted to be apart. I went down again for Blizzcon and he took me ring browsing. We will be filing beginning of march :D

Blizzcon :( did you get the cute mount with the murloc? :( What do you play? :D I play a Night Elf druid and now a Night Elf Death Knight :D They're pretty hot :D

Timeline
You wouldn't believe how many people have met on WOW! I didn't, btw. I don't even know what it is other than some online game. LOL

Yeah I know lots of WoW couples. My guild master is actually just in the process of finishing their K1...his interview is on the 18th! (hes from england, she lives right near my honey). Its just kinda creepy that jen and I have almost the exact same timeline for meeting and everything.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)

Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline

Wow so many of you met your loves online, that's neat! Imagine the days before the internet?

Well I (worked) for a shipping company in Toronto. We have many offices all over the world, it's container shipping and we go everywhere. One office that we deal with the most is the Philly office. I made bookings in the customer service dept, and Glen in Philly is the logistics co-ordinator. Many times I had to call him and ask if we had equipment in Philly that I could book for my customers, and if there was space on a certain vessel. Well this goes back to 2005, we'd chat it up since we were around the same age, ask what he did that past weekend, make small talk. He was so sweet and friendly on the telly and sounded hot but what does a voice tell you, not much about looks haha. So his boss really appreciated all the hard work myself and my co-worker Mel did, and invited us to come to the 2006 company Christmas party in Philly, all expenses paid! I was pretty excited to go, meet everyone I talk to on the telly but especially Glen. I picked out a black strapless dress, I wanted to make a good impression. So off we go to Philly, and arrived Friday afternoon, in time for a tour of the office. In the office they all have tags on their desk, and I saw who was Glen so went right up and gave him a hug. He was on the telly though so we couldn't chat, but I said to myself, damn he's good looking!!

Got changed in the hotel, went to the party. I walk in and see Glen standing alone at the bar waiting for his beer, so I went right up to introduce myself properly this time. There was an instant connection and sparks, we both felt it. He was so easy to talk to, and the entire night we danced and chatted. I barely spoke to anyone else LOL. Well we said our goodbyes and nice to meet you, I had to fly home the next morning. I couldn't get him out of my head, but said to myself this is silly, he lives in Philly nothing can come of this. But Monday morning back at work, I e-mailed him to say how wonderful it was to meet him and I enjoyed his company, he said the same. NY eve was coming soon, so I asked for his cell # so I could text him happy new year. Well from that day forward, we texted non-stop and called eachother. I ended up coming back in February, and we ended up seeing eachother once a month until I moved here! It was fate how we met, because I was invited to the party to meet my future husband!!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

7 years ago on the zwan message board. :lol:

We're huge Billy Corgan fans. :P

the zwan album came with stickers :D :D :D :D

Timeline
7 years ago on the zwan message board. :lol:

We're huge Billy Corgan fans. :P

the zwan album came with stickers :D :D :D :D

YES IT DID! :lol:

And if you didn't get your stickers, warner sent you a whole pile.

When I came down to visit Mike he had a pile of zwan stickers and we went around parking lots and stuck them to the back of SUV's. :lol:

baaad.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

I also play a NE druid, and yes I did get the mount. Wes actually works for Bliz so I got in free!! I've been playing for about 4 years now, have quite a few alts in the 70-80 range

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~

Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

I also play a NE druid, and yes I did get the mount. Wes actually works for Bliz so I got in free!! I've been playing for about 4 years now, have quite a few alts in the 70-80 range

NICE!! was it a cool convention? Ive always wanted to go :) My sister plays too :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Bo and I are another WoW couple. We had been in the same guild for awhile, but my bf at the time was also in the guild. When things soured and ended between us, Bo was there to listen to me vent and get me through a rough time. We started calling each other in October 07 (we had to be in vent for raids, hard to be personal LOL) and I came down for the first time a year ago.

WoW is the first game I ever played seriously. My brother and dad are huge CompGeeks, but it was my ex that got me to try Wow...I always thought things happened for a reason :)

I have a BE hunter and he is a BE rogue...we have other alts, but those are the ones we met on :)

When I went to my interview in Montreal, the lad that interviewed me asked how we met, and I told him an online game. He asked which one, and when I told him he said "you know, I think I'm going to start a running tally - you must be the 20 person this year to have met in that game....Maybe I should get on there to meet a lovely lady!" :yes:

~She's my Lion~
~He's my Puppy~

[size=5]Our Timeline[/size]

05/05/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC
05/14/08 - NOA1
09/01/08 - NOA2
09/11/08 - Petition received by US Consulate in Montreal
09/20/08 - Received Packet 3
10/02/08 - Packet 3 delivered to MTL
10/16/08 - Medical in Halifax
01/15/09 - Interview in Montreal
01/20/09 - Visa in Hand
02/03/09 - Fly to US - POE Halifax NS
03/06/09 - Wedding in Yanceyville, NC

AOS
4/24/09 - Sent AOS package (after too many delays!)
4/27/09 - Signed for in Chicago
5/05/09 - Check cashed and all three NOA1's in the mail
5/14/09 - Received Biometrics appointment letter - Appointment is June 2nd.
6/2/09 - Biometrics at Raleigh field office - they were some of the nicest people :)
6/18/09 - EAD approved and card production ordered
6/20/09- received AP papers in the mail
6/22/09 EAD card arrived in the mail (that was fast eh?)
7/09/09 - received notice of GC appointment date
8/07/09 - Green Card interview at Raleigh Field office at 8:45am - Given RFE for I-693 Vaccination suppliment
9/08/09 - returned RFE to field office. Approved for Green Card
9/09/09 - Received email that Card production had been ordered.
9/17/09 - Green Card in the mail - No more USCIS until June, 2011 :D

Timeline

NICE!! was it a cool convention? Ive always wanted to go :) My sister plays too :)

Yeah it was really nice, got to meet a lot of friends, so now I know a bunch of ppl for when I move.

Jenni - Thats so similar to Wes and I though my BF wasnt in that guild (he couldnt play anymore when I kicked him out cuz he had to go live with his mom again who has dialup :lol: sweet justice) Wes and I would skype each other cuz we couldn't talk on vent...and he wasnt raiding at that time, so this way I could talk to him even when I was raiding :D Its very sweet in a nerdy type of way lol.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~

Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Me and my girl met on second life about a year ago :) Different game than WoW, but still a game!! How we met is also very interesting....hahahaha I cant share that, sorry! I can also say it is very hard to play the game with that person after you have met in person....brings you back to the time that u met when you didnt fully know them. We decided it would be best to just not play again after we met, brings back memories of not being together!

Edited by apeters

7/2/10- NOA1

2/9/11- NOA2 (transferred to Texas)

NVC

2/28/11- case number received

3/2/11- Paid AOS bill

3/5/11- Paid IV bill

3/12/11- expedite to Bogota consulate approved!!!

3/14/11- left NVC to Bogota for further processing

3/17/11- received by Bogota, emailed consulate and was told to send DS-230 and DS-2100 (packet 3)

3/18/11- packet 3 emailed to Bogota consulate, email confirmation on March 23

3/31/11- Interview date! Approved!!!!!!

Keep the faith, everything works out for the very best

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.