aussiewench

US Airlines

70 posts in this topic

ok.....have been looking online for my flight from Sydney, Australia to FL. I will be flying into LAX or SF with Qantas but I'm looking for advice/experiences on who to fly with once in the US for the leg to FL. The flights that I am looking at give me these choices.......

Frontier

American West

Delta

US Airways

United

I want one that aint gonna crash lol and has good service.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Well I've flown on Delta and US Airways. Delta was pretty "cheap" in my opinion. The planes were kinda run down and didn't look to be in great shape. US Airways was really nice and the planes looked to be in great shape. They did lose my luggage and didn't want to reimburse me for it. I wasn't worried about either one of them crashing even though the Delta planes didn't look that great. If I had to fly on one or the other I would choose US Airways even after the hassle with them over my luggage. Price wise, I think Delta is much cheaper.

Just couldn't stay my @ss away!

Have flown US Airways both internally and trans atlantic many times and never had a problem so would definitely give them a reccomendation :thumbs:

LifeacrossthePond

Removing Conditions (here we go again)

July 27th I-751 sent to Nebraska

July 30th USPS delivered

Aug 22nd check cashed

Aug 23rd I797C received - case been transferred to California

Aug 29th Biometrics Appt Letter arrived

Sept 12th Biometrics Appt Pittsburgh

Sept 24th email notice of Approval - card ordered !!!!!!

united is probably you best bet of the list./.imho..

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Agreed with brother Dean. I also think Delta seems 'cheap'. I've never flown Frontier or America West, though, so I can't speak to that. US Scareways (uh I mean Airways) scares me. :lol:

SA4userbar.jpg

Within the last 2 weeks I have had nothing but hassle and ineptitude from United and I know many people who have experienced the same.

But horses for courses - probably six of one and half a dozen!

Personally, if there was a huge difference in cost I would go cheapest. When I arrived in LAX I was flying onwards to John Wayne with US airways but my luggage went to San Jose! However, they were very apologetic and had it delivered to my room by 07:30am the next morning (not bad considering I didn't arrive in John Wayne until 9:00pm the night before) so even with that I was very impressed with their customer service.

The executive whom I support in my job does a lot of travel across the country and he always flies either America West or US Airways with a slight preference for the latter. Hope that helps.

OUR TIMELINE

K1 VISA & MARRIAGE - 8 MONTHS

17 February 2004 Sent I-129F petition CSC - It was APPROVED in 147 days

3 September 2004 INTERVIEW IN LONDON SUCCESSFUL VISA APPROVED! MARRIED OCTOBER 16, 2004

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS - 5 MONTHS

4 January 2005 - Submitted applications for AOS and EAD - 12 May 2005 Conditional Permanent Residency Approved - interview in Santa Ana

4 June 2005 CPR 2-year Green Card arrives in mail

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS - 3½ MONTHS

8 May 2007 - I-751 sent to CSC - 23 August 2007 - Approved - Card production ordered

30 August 2007 - 10 year Green Card received

K2 TIMELINE (Stayed behind in UK to finish school)

28 March 2005 - embassy interview & medical London - visa granted

01/18/06 Applications for AOS/EAD sent - 03/28/06 EAD approved

4/3/06 - RFE for AOS - requested new medical and vacc supplement

4/26/06 - approved without interview and welcome letter sent

05/02/2006 - Greencard arrives in mail

03/14/08 - Petition to Remove Conditions mailed to CSC delivered - 7/2/08 APPROVED

NATURALIZATION TIMELINE (for myself and son) 5 MONTHS

April 18, 2011 - N-400 Applications Mailed to AZ lockbox

April 21 (received April 25) NOAs

May 12 - FP Letters mailed

May 16 - Received FP appointment letters for June 8 at 11am

August 1 - Interview - approved for Oath Ceremony - OATH CEREMONY 28 SEPTEMBER

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I have used Delta and Ishteaq is flying stateside now and will use Delta on the last leg home.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

(as long as you don't expect them to cater to your every whim).

:yes: After an initial 14hr flight with Qantas.....I will be continuing to have lots of whims lol Damm 24-25 hrs all up getting to FL

Great input so far guys, thank you :thumbs:

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

They all suck, Its a crapshoot on if it will be on-time or not largely dependant on weather. They all overbook and they all are streched on crews and resources. Pick the cheapest one and be done with it. Its a short flight.

I personally prefer US air because when they screw up they are nice about paying for hotels and shuttles etc.

IR1

April 14, 2004 I-130 NOA1

April 25, 2005 IR1 Received

April 26, 2005 POE Dorval Airport

May 13, 2005 Welcome to America Letters Received

May 21, 2005 PR Card in Mail

May 26, 2005 Applied for SSN at local office

June 06, 2005 SSN Received

June 11, 2005 Driver Licence Issued!

June 20, 2005 Deb gets a Check Card! Just like Donald Trump's!

Citizenship

Jan 30, 2008 N400 Mailed off to the VSC!

Feb 2, 2008 N400 Received at VSC

Feb 6, 2008 Check Cashed!

Feb 13, 2008 NOA1 Received

Feb 15, 2008 Fingerprint letter received. (Feb 26th scheduled)

Feb 18, 2008 Mailed out the old Please Reschedule us for Biometics <sigh>...

Feb 27, 2008 Received the new scheduled biometrics.

Mar 15, 2008 Biometrics Rescheduled.

Sep 18, 2008 Interview Letter Recieved.

Nov 11, 2008 Interview Passed :-).

Nov 14, 2008 Oath Cerimony.

Ok,

Here you go. It really doesn't matter. All the airlines are safe, they may or may not provide a better level of service when compared, it could all depend on the day, route or crew. I would say since you are flying Quantas they code share in the "One World" group with American Airlines. This will allow you to transfer your "miles" to either airline...ie...lots of miles from your trip here = faster to get a free ticket(s) later. What ever airline you fly you may want to join their "miles" program(s). Just food for thought.

Oh that's right, bamdame! The 'one world' is a deal that American has with other airlines (including Quantas). It should help you a lot, wench, in fares and also will be easier on transfers. :yes:

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Oneworld codeshare parters are AA, Aer Lingus, British Airways, Cathay, Finnair, etc...

Skyteam (my preference) are Delta, Northwest, KLM, Continental, Air France, Aeromexico, etc...

Star Alliance are Air Canada, United, US Air, Lufthansa, SAS, Swiss, etc...

if you fly with many different airlines in the same grouping, might be worth getting those frequent flyer points programs.

Filed: Timeline
Well I've flown on Delta and US Airways. Delta was pretty "cheap" in my opinion. The planes were kinda run down and didn't look to be in great shape. US Airways was really nice and the planes looked to be in great shape. They did lose my luggage and didn't want to reimburse me for it. I wasn't worried about either one of them crashing even though the Delta planes didn't look that great. If I had to fly on one or the other I would choose US Airways even after the hassle with them over my luggage. Price wise, I think Delta is much cheaper.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES -

shon.gif

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES -

they don't fly to austrailia

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835