vjb

Application sent back!!!

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

So I checked the post today and in it was a big fat envelope from USCIS...I knew straight away that it was my I-751 application being sent back. I sent it to them 3 weeks ago. It said on the piece of paper that it was being sent back due to incorrect fee and it should be $465 plus $80 biometrics for each person. I had sent them $465 plus $160 for me and my daughters biometrics. :wacko:

So after spending all day trying to figure it out I finally find out that you can only put your conditional resident child on your application in section 5 if there card expires within 90 days of your permanent resident card. My daughters card doesn't expire within 90 days of mine it expires 102 days after mine. So for the sake of 12 days I have to pay the whole application fee again...this stuff always happens to me lol! But I looked on the original instructions for the I-751 and it said:

...In Part 5 of the form, please make sure to include any conditional resident children applying with you in order to have their conditional basis removed, or they may file separately. Please remember to provide their A-number.

And when I was at the imiigration office at Oklahoma City when I was first trying to get my daughters permanent resident card the immigration officer repeatedly kept telling me not to forget to put my daughter on my application when I had to apply to lift conditions. He knew we did not get our cards at the same time.

The instructions don't say that the childrens card has to be within a 90 day window or does it mention having to be within a 90 day window from my permanent resident card.

So now I have get my application back out tomorrow (because my card expires next friday) and in 2 weeks send out my daughters.

But I hope that my lesson learnt helps someone else out :thumbs:

So I checked the post today and in it was a big fat envelope from USCIS...I knew straight away that it was my I-751 application being sent back. I sent it to them 3 weeks ago. It said on the piece of paper that it was being sent back due to incorrect fee and it should be $465 plus $80 biometrics for each person. I had sent them $465 plus $160 for me and my daughters biometrics. :wacko:

So after spending all day trying to figure it out I finally find out that you can only put your conditional resident child on your application in section 5 if there card expires within 90 days of your permanent resident card. My daughters card doesn't expire within 90 days of mine it expires 102 days after mine. So for the sake of 12 days I have to pay the whole application fee again...this stuff always happens to me lol! But I looked on the original instructions for the I-751 and it said:

...In Part 5 of the form, please make sure to include any conditional resident children applying with you in order to have their conditional basis removed, or they may file separately. Please remember to provide their A-number.

And when I was at the imiigration office at Oklahoma City when I was first trying to get my daughters permanent resident card the immigration officer repeatedly kept telling me not to forget to put my daughter on my application when I had to apply to lift conditions. He knew we did not get our cards at the same time.

The instructions don't say that the childrens card has to be within a 90 day window or does it mention having to be within a 90 day window from my permanent resident card.

So now I have get my application back out tomorrow (because my card expires next friday) and in 2 weeks send out my daughters.

But I hope that my lesson learnt helps someone else out :thumbs:

Thank you for posting your experience! Although I do not have any children yet, but I'm very sure your post will help out lots of others who have children. Thanks again! :thumbs:

N-400

5/29/2010 - USPS Express Mail Out N-400

6/2/2010 - Priority date

6/9/2010 - Check cashed

6/11/2010 - NOA in my mail box

6/17/2010 - Able to see case status "Initial Review"

6/18/2010 - LUD

7/2/2010 - Called mis-information line to put in a service request for STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED "FP NOTICE"

7/8/2010 - LUD, at 2:32am, received text msg and e-mail for req. for add'l evidence being mailed out on July 6th, believe it's for the FP

7/12/2010 - Received FP notice in mail, scheduled for 8/2/2010

7/15/2010 - Walk in FP

7/22/2010 - Online status changed to "Case sent to local office for interview schedule"

7/27/2010 - Received interview letter for 8/23/2010

8/23/2010 - Passed interview, was informed that next oath date is 9/22/2010 and oath letter will come in the mail

9/3/2010 - Received oath letter in the mail for 9/22/2010

Disclaimer: All comments, advice and information are given out by my kind intention, please use them at your own risk and do not hold me liable or responsible for any inaccuracy.

I had the same thing pretty much happen to me, my daughter was approved 101 days after me.

I resent the paperwork and got it sent back again so I resent it again, I called the 1-800 number and I got to speak to an adjudication officer, not just one of the ones that answer the phone, because I was so upset and she said it was a clerical error and was resent back by mistake and nothing bad would happen to me, in the meantime my card has expired, in fact it expired the day I got the packet back the second time.

I am still waiting for something to happen, the check hasn't been cashed yet, they received it last saturday, so I am assuming they are going to deny me this time and I will have to go before a judge, because the last lot of paperwork arrived two days after my card expired, which was last thursday so I am pretty stressed out right now. Here's hoping that yours goes through more smoothly.

2-28-2009 Sent in I-751

3-14-2009 Received I-751 back because they can't read

3-16-2009 Re-Sent I-751

3-17-2009 Received by Vermont

Waiting and watching the calendar flip ever so over closer to 4-2-2009 (When my 2 yr GC expires) . . .

4-2-2009 Received I-751 back AGAIN! Oh and my GC expired today.

4-3-2009 Re-Sent I-751

4-4-2009 Received by Vermont

4-6-2009 Date of NOA-1 Extension Letter (Rec'd 4/13/09)

4-10-2009 Check Cashed

4-24-2009 Date of Biometrics letter (Rec'd 4/30/09)

5-11-2009 Biometrics Appointment in Louisville.

Filed: Timeline
I had the same thing pretty much happen to me, my daughter was approved 101 days after me.

I resent the paperwork and got it sent back again so I resent it again, I called the 1-800 number and I got to speak to an adjudication officer, not just one of the ones that answer the phone, because I was so upset and she said it was a clerical error and was resent back by mistake and nothing bad would happen to me, in the meantime my card has expired, in fact it expired the day I got the packet back the second time.

I am still waiting for something to happen, the check hasn't been cashed yet, they received it last saturday, so I am assuming they are going to deny me this time and I will have to go before a judge, because the last lot of paperwork arrived two days after my card expired, which was last thursday so I am pretty stressed out right now. Here's hoping that yours goes through more smoothly.

Did you resend the paperwork with your daughter still listed on section 5? Or did you take her name off and resent it?

Did you resend the paperwork with your daughter still listed on section 5? Or did you take her name off and resent it?

vjb has good points. Also, as far as I know, when they send back the package to you, they are supposed to put a piece of paper notice on top of your package that tells you why it was send back. I'm not sure if they do that or not in your case. If yes, and if you have made copy of that notice and included it in the package this time, they won't deny you. If not, have you send the package with USPS tracking method? Do you have the receipt for the postage? Hope you have those proof. I think they would give you some leniency. Nothing real bad has happened yet, so please don't worry too much. Hope you'll receive your NOA soon, and same to the OP. :star:

N-400

6/2/2010 - Priority date

6/9/2010 - Check cashed

6/18/2010 - LUD

7/2/2010 - Called mis-information line to put in a service request for STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED "FP NOTICE"

7/8/2010 - LUD, at 2:32am, received text msg and e-mail for req. for add'l evidence being mailed out on July 6th, believe it's for the FP

7/15/2010 - Walk in FP

7/22/2010 - Online status changed to "Case sent to local office for interview schedule"

8/23/2010 - Passed interview, was informed that next oath date is 9/22/2010 and oath letter will come in the mail

Disclaimer: All comments, advice and information are given out by my kind intention, please use them at your own risk and do not hold me liable or responsible for any inaccuracy.

I redid the I-751 without my daughter on it the second time round, I made the mistake of putting her on but knew that she wasn't in the application I also stated that in the cover letter.

The second time it was their mess up. I sent a copy of the notice back both times. I got the same notice both times, with and without her on the I-751.

2-28-2009 Sent in I-751

3-16-2009 Re-Sent I-751

Waiting and watching the calendar flip ever so over closer to 4-2-2009 (When my 2 yr GC expires) . . .

4-3-2009 Re-Sent I-751

4-10-2009 Check Cashed

I redid the I-751 without my daughter on it the second time round, I made the mistake of putting her on but knew that she wasn't in the application I also stated that in the cover letter.

The second time it was their mess up. I sent a copy of the notice back both times. I got the same notice both times, with and without her on the I-751.

Alrighty, then you should be fine. No worries at all except for the long wait at the Very Slow Center, well perhaps it should change name to Very Sloppy Center since they mess up your second time. Just to add some humor. Really don't worry at all. They will accept your petition this time, I'm sure. :thumbs:

N-400

6/2/2010 - Priority date

6/9/2010 - Check cashed

6/18/2010 - LUD

7/15/2010 - Walk in FP

Alrighty, then you should be fine. No worries at all except for the long wait at the Very Slow Center, well perhaps it should change name to Very Sloppy Center since they mess up your second time. Just to add some humor. Really don't worry at all. They will accept your petition this time, I'm sure. :thumbs:

Your unfetted enthusiam sure worked Jasminelily! :thumbs: The check was cashed today, :dance: so I am now more hopeful that our lifting of conditions is moving forward and I won't expect the packet back in our mailbox again. Thank you. Take heart vjb yours should be cashed soon as well.

2-28-2009 Sent in I-751

3-16-2009 Re-Sent I-751

4-3-2009 Re-Sent I-751

4-10-2009 Check Cashed

Your unfetted enthusiam sure worked Jasminelily! :thumbs: The check was cashed today, :dance: so I am now more hopeful that our lifting of conditions is moving forward and I won't expect the packet back in our mailbox again. Thank you. Take heart vjb yours should be cashed soon as well.

WooHoo! :dance: Congratulations! I know it's not the golden GC, but hey at least it's a start. Wish everything goes smooth for everyone! :thumbs:

N-400

6/2/2010 - Priority date

6/9/2010 - Check cashed

6/18/2010 - LUD

7/15/2010 - Walk in FP

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.