PhiLandShiR

Questions about the interview

20 posts in this topic

Hi,

I was reading over a post : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...ost&id=4619

And the last few words have me a bit worried...

"I asked some of them why it took so long and it's either there are some documents missing or the age gap is too big."

What is this about age?? I was under the impression that age was of little consequence.

I am older than my fiancée and now I am worried that there may be problems that will result in a failed interview.

What can anyone tell me about this?

Thanks

GWN

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello greatwhitenorth, i dont think if the age gap can cause any probs with the approvals of the interview, as i have my friend just done her interview in the USEM they dont have any probs with the CO they have a big age gap imagine her fiancee is 72 and my friend is 19?...so think possitive always....everything will be okay...good luck

K1 -visa:Timeline

6/26/08:resent the 1-129f package to VSC

8/21/08:received NOA1 in the mail,yeyeyeh i was relief after the long period of waiting

1/28/09:NOA2 received ...in 161 days from NOA1

2/10/09:received appointment letter from USEM

3/11 - 12 : MEDICAL -- passed

3/30/09: INTERVIEW -- APPROVED

4/02/09:VISA deliver at home at 2:45 pm

5/28/09:SSN arrived after less than 1 week from filling.

6/01/09:Wedding day.[/color]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

AOS :Journey

07/08/09:sent the 1-485 forms for adjustment of status package to chicago (USPS)..Day 1

07/10/09:arrived USCIS,chicago...(when i checked the USPS post office)...Day 3

07/12/09:check cashed...Day 5

07/15/09:noa1 date for (AOS,AED,AP)i thanks god for everything...(date arrived,07/20/09)...Day 10

08/12/09:calling USCIS to check the bio apt...Day 35

08/25/09:bio notice date issued...Day 48

08/29/09:bio notice received.(thank u so much mama mary...)...Day 52

09/04/09:AP arrived in the mail (date issued 08/27/09)

09/09/09:biometrics done...

09/17/09:EAD = card arrived today...so happy...

10/03/09:interview notice received

11/05/09:AOS -- interview approved (thank u mama mary)...

11/16/09: GREEN CARD arrived today...

.........o0o...............

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

age doesn't matter :thumbs:

relax, and be prepared. ;)

just make it sure you have all the required documents and your income is above 125% poverty level. :thumbs:

goodluck (F)

Naturalization

01-04-2012 --- N400 sent

01-11-2012 --- Check Cashed

01-10-2012 --- NOA1

02-07-2012 --- Biometrics

02-14-2012 --- Yellow Letter (it says "bring any state issued ID" for interview)

02-24-2012 --- Placed in line for Interview Scheduling

02-27-2012 --- Interview Letter sent out

03-02-2012 --- Interview Letter received

04-02-2012 --- INTERVIEW- passed!

05-01-2012 --- Oath scheduled/ Oath Letter Sent

05-16-2012 --- Oath Taking! I am now a USC!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IR-5

05-17-2012 --- I-130 Sent

05-29-2012 --- NOA1

09-24-2012 --- NOA2

10-11-2012 --- Received Case Number via email

10-12-2012 --- Mailed AOS

10-24-2012 --- Mailed DS-230

11-16-2012 --- Case Complete

11-27-2012 --- Received interview schedule via email

11-05-2012 --- Early Medical day 1

11-06-2012 --- Medical Day 2 -PASSED!

01-03-2013 --- Interview- APRROVED!

01-10-2013 --- VISA Received

01-14-2013 --- POE LAX

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
hello greatwhitenorth, i dont think if the age gap can cause any probs with the approvals of the interview, as i have my friend just done her interview in the USEM they dont have any probs with the CO they have a big age gap imagine her fiancee is 72 and my friend is 19?...so think possitive always....everything will be okay...good luck

72 and 19? Reckon this is a farce, pure and simple. Nobody in his right mind will dare go into this. There ain't gonna be no wedded ecstasy; all will be agony. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The South shall rise again!

confederate_flag-2.gif

72 and 19? Reckon this is a farce, pure and simple. Nobody in his right mind will dare go into this. There ain't gonna be no wedded ecstasy; all will be agony. :lol: :lol: :lol:

AHHH, YES MR. LEE, BUT WHAT A WAY TO GO :whistle::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Thank you everyone for your encouragement.

I found the poverty level charts so I know I make enough to be ok for that. They can be found here: http://www.visapro.com/Immigration-Articles/?a=394&z=64

I also have my tax records all set and I have my phone logs and chat sessions all printed.

I will be back in Philippines this Christmas to visit Shirryl and her family so we will have lots of new photos.

I am not sure what else I need...

Oh, the employment letter...

That should have date of hire, amount I am making, that I am in good standing...

What else in the letter??

GWN

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I found the poverty level charts so I know I make enough to be ok for that. They can be found here: http://www.visapro.com/Immigration-Articles/?a=394&z=64

I also have my tax records all set and I have my phone logs and chat sessions all printed.

I will be back in Philippines this Christmas to visit Shirryl and her family so we will have lots of new photos.

That should have date of hire, amount I am making, that I am in good standing...

GWN

If submitted, letters from current employers should show

- Dates of employment

- The nature of the job

- Wages or salary earned

- Number of hours/weeks worked

- Prospects for future employment and advancement. It should be sufficient for the employer to say that the employment is of indefinite duration or words of similar effect. Promises of future employment are not required.

link

I am 60 and my wife is 35. She just had her interview (passed!).

The CO did not ask about age directly but she did ask "Why this guy?".

My wife's answer: "Because he is the one who asked me" lol

I guess that satisfied her.

Timeline

03-05-2007 Met Jan online

07-05-2007 Flew to the Philippines to meet Jan

10-02-2007 2nd trip to the P.I.

10-04-2007 Obtained "Legal Capacity to Marry" document at the US Embassy in Manila

10-05-2007 Talked to Jan's father about my intentions

10-05-2007 Proposed to Jan

10-08-2007 Applied for marriage license

10-13-2007 Talked to Pastor at St Stephen's Lutheran Church in Baguio

12-22-2007 Our wedding day

04-01-2008 I-130 package sent

04-03-2008 4th trip to the P.I.

04-14-2008 NOA1 received

07-17-2008 NOA2 email received

07-22-2008 NVC Case# generated

07-28-2008 AOS fee paid

07-31-2008 5th trip to the P.I.

08-11-2008 Choice of agent form sent

08-15-2008 Jan attends CFO seminar

08-21-2008 AOS package sent

08-22-2008 Jan applies for passport

08-25-2008 IV Bill received

08-25-2008 IV Bill paid online

09-11-2008 Jan gets her passport

09-12-2008 DS-230 package sent

09-23-2008 Case Complete at NVC

10-03-2008 Appointment made

10-11-2008 Appointment letter received

11-13-2008 Interview date

12-12-2008 HK police clearance sent to NVC

01-15-2009 Manila receives HK police clearance and gives final visa approval

01-16-2009 "SHIPMENT RELEASED BY EMBASSY"

01-21-2009 Visa delivered!

02-09-2009 Flight to Seattle

That is about the most perfect reply I can think of. :)

I wish you both the very best in your future years.

GWN

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

Filed: Country: Kenya
Timeline

GWN

You need to look at this page for up to date poverty guideline http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1327.html

Corbin

MGCtBY

GWN

You need to look at this page for up to date poverty guideline http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1327.html

Well... Even with those numbers I am 350% or better of the poverty level so I will not worry about that!

Thanks for the update.

GWN

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Your GI (Genuine Igorota) will be with you very soon. You must be the happiest soul in The Evergreen State indeed! :thumbs::thumbs:

Filed: Timeline

ahhh.....those blue pills...do wonders....LOL :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I AGREE,, THAT MAKES ME THINK OF ANNA NICOLE :innocent: ... LOL .. VIGARA STOCK. OR HAND LOTION WHICHEVER ONE WORKS..LOL

6958115_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.