YANNY

TURIST VISA WHILE I GET MY K1? IM FROM MEXICO

34 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline
:help: I GOT MY PASPORT AND VISA WHEN I WAS VERY YOUNG A LITTLE GIRL,I NEVER RENEW AGAIN, IT EXPIRED PROBABLY MORE THAN 15 YEARS AGO. MY BOYFRIEND FROM USA ASKED TO GET MY FIANCÉ VISA SINCE LONG TIME AGO WE HAVE HAD SO MANY PROBLEMS TO GET IT 2 YEARS I GUESS,WE USE TO CALL AND THEY USE TO SAY THE SAME THAT I SHOULD WAIT TO BE CALLED TO GO TO CIUDAD JUAREZ AND GET IT, BUT WE HAD A PROBLEM RIGHT NOW,HE CANT LEAVE USA BECAUSE HE IS FIGHTING TO GET THE CUSTODY OF HIS SON,WE NEED TO SEE EACH OTHER AND I NEED TO BE NEXT TO HIM SUPPORTING HIM,I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF I CAN ASK TO GET THE TURIST VISA ALTHOUGHT I ALREADY ASKED FOR K1?, I WANT JUST VISIT HIM AND STAY WITH HIM SOME DAYS THEN COME BACK AGAIN,I DONT WORK,BECAUSE MY FIANCÉ AND ME GOT MARRY BY A SIMBILIC WEDDING,BY GOVERMENT WE ARE SINGLE BUT WE CALL EACH OTHER HUSBAND AND WIFE SO, I LEFT MY JOB BECAUSE HE DOESNT WANT ME TO WORK,HE USE TO SEND ME MONEY EVERY 15 DAY, I WAS WONDERING THAT IF I OPEN AN ACCOUNT IN THE BANK I CAN SHOW TO THE EMBASY THAT I HAVE MONEY TO TRAVEL AND I HAVE A HOME WHERE TO STAY WHEN IM THERE WITH HIM, PLEASE HELP ME I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO OR WHERE TO GO TO ASK FOR HELP.PLEASE MEXICAN PEOPLE IF YOU KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT IT PLEASE HELP ME I WILL APPRECIATE IT SO MUCH.IM SO DESPERATE :help:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Whilst you *can* get a tourist visa to visit your fiance while applying for a K1, you'd have to show proof of strong ties to Mexico. You'd have to show that you have a steady job, money in the bank, property, etc.

You said that you're out of work so I think it'll be very difficult for you. Furthermore, even if you are/were able to show proof of ties to your country, immigration could still deny your entry if you say you're visiting your fiance, since it could be considered as a red flag.

Also, calling each other husband and wife is not a very smart move when you go to the interview, from what I've heard.

Best of luck. :) I hope other VJs can be of better assistance.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline
CAN I GET A VISA AND PASSPORT AS STUDENT AND GO TO LEARN ENGLISH TO USA? THEN I CAN STUDY AND SEE MY BOYFRIEND,IS THAT FINE? PLEASE SOME ONE WHO CAN HELP ME!!!!!!

You could. But to my knowledge - and I may be wrong - you'd still have to show ties to your home country. Also, you'd have to spend money on tuition. ESL courses are not exactly cheap. And, again, there would still be the issue of entering the U.S. with a K1 being processed. Immigration officers might find it a bit suspectful.

Edit: Also, the passport thing. It's not connected with getting a visa. As far as I know, you can have a passport issued and not use it for a long time. It happened to me (I'm from Brazil). I've renewed it so I have one for the K1 visa.

Edited by Mew

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline

YES THATS TRUE MEW,IM JUST VERY DESPERATE I WOULD CRUZE THE RIVER TO BE NEXT TO HIM IN THIS MOMENTS, WE HAVENT SEEN EACH OTHER SINCE LAST JUANUARY BECAUSE HE CANT MOVE FROM HIS STATE BECAUSE OF THE FIGHTING CUSTODY OF HIS SON. HE HAD THE CUSTODY BUT NOW THE MOTHER APPEARED AND SAID LIES,WHEN SHE NEVER LOVED HER SON,BUT NOW SHE WANTS IT BECAUSE SHE NEEDS MONEY FROM CUSTODY,SHE IS JUST CRAZY,AND I DONT WANT TO LEAVE MY BOYFRIEND ALONE,WE USE TO TALK EVERYDAY BUT WE MUST BE FACE TO FACE AGAIN. WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR MY K1 SINCE ALMOST 2 YEARS AGO,LAST YEAR THEY TOOK MY PAPERS BACK TO NEBRAZCA BECAUSE SOMETHING WAS WRONG,THEN WE KNEW PAPERS WERE BACK TO CHIHUAHUA MEXICO ON DECEMBER, WE HAVE BEEN CALLING AND THEY SAY TO WAIT BECAUSE THEY HAVE HAD SO MUCH WORK,WOW!!!!! SO LONG TIME WAITING,IM JUST VERY DEPRESS AND SAD,NOW HE FEELS WORST ABOUT HIS LOVELY SON,WHAT CAN WE DO? GOD!

Timeline
YES THATS TRUE MEW,IM JUST VERY DESPERATE I WOULD CRUZE THE RIVER TO BE NEXT TO HIM IN THIS MOMENTS, WE HAVENT SEEN EACH OTHER SINCE LAST JUANUARY BECAUSE HE CANT MOVE FROM HIS STATE BECAUSE OF THE FIGHTING CUSTODY OF HIS SON. HE HAD THE CUSTODY BUT NOW THE MOTHER APPEARED AND SAID LIES,WHEN SHE NEVER LOVED HER SON,BUT NOW SHE WANTS IT BECAUSE SHE NEEDS MONEY FROM CUSTODY,SHE IS JUST CRAZY,AND I DONT WANT TO LEAVE MY BOYFRIEND ALONE,WE USE TO TALK EVERYDAY BUT WE MUST BE FACE TO FACE AGAIN. WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR MY K1 SINCE ALMOST 2 YEARS AGO,LAST YEAR THEY TOOK MY PAPERS BACK TO NEBRAZCA BECAUSE SOMETHING WAS WRONG,THEN WE KNEW PAPERS WERE BACK TO CHIHUAHUA MEXICO ON DECEMBER, WE HAVE BEEN CALLING AND THEY SAY TO WAIT BECAUSE THEY HAVE HAD SO MUCH WORK,WOW!!!!! SO LONG TIME WAITING,IM JUST VERY DEPRESS AND SAD,NOW HE FEELS WORST ABOUT HIS LOVELY SON,WHAT CAN WE DO? GOD!

Calm down...

Yanny, first thing is a tip. Using captalized words is seen as shouting in forum boards.

Second, would you provide us with a timeline? It helps us understand your process and give you more accurate advice. Waiting for a K1 for 2 years is not normal. Something seems very wrong here. Please fill out your timeline or give us a more detailed story.

With that said, you don't want to do anything crazy that could jeopardize your K1 or that would make it very difficult or impossible for you to go to the U.S. again.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
:help: I GOT MY PASPORT AND VISA WHEN I WAS VERY YOUNG A LITTLE GIRL,I NEVER RENEW AGAIN, IT EXPIRED PROBABLY MORE THAN 15 YEARS AGO. MY BOYFRIEND FROM USA ASKED TO GET MY FIANCÉ VISA SINCE LONG TIME AGO WE HAVE HAD SO MANY PROBLEMS TO GET IT 2 YEARS I GUESS,WE USE TO CALL AND THEY USE TO SAY THE SAME THAT I SHOULD WAIT TO BE CALLED TO GO TO CIUDAD JUAREZ AND GET IT, BUT WE HAD A PROBLEM RIGHT NOW,HE CANT LEAVE USA BECAUSE HE IS FIGHTING TO GET THE CUSTODY OF HIS SON,WE NEED TO SEE EACH OTHER AND I NEED TO BE NEXT TO HIM SUPPORTING HIM,I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF I CAN ASK TO GET THE TURIST VISA ALTHOUGHT I ALREADY ASKED FOR K1?, I WANT JUST VISIT HIM AND STAY WITH HIM SOME DAYS THEN COME BACK AGAIN,I DONT WORK,BECAUSE MY FIANCÉ AND ME GOT MARRY BY A SIMBILIC WEDDING,BY GOVERMENT WE ARE SINGLE BUT WE CALL EACH OTHER HUSBAND AND WIFE SO, I LEFT MY JOB BECAUSE HE DOESNT WANT ME TO WORK,HE USE TO SEND ME MONEY EVERY 15 DAY, I WAS WONDERING THAT IF I OPEN AN ACCOUNT IN THE BANK I CAN SHOW TO THE EMBASY THAT I HAVE MONEY TO TRAVEL AND I HAVE A HOME WHERE TO STAY WHEN IM THERE WITH HIM, PLEASE HELP ME I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO OR WHERE TO GO TO ASK FOR HELP.PLEASE MEXICAN PEOPLE IF YOU KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT IT PLEASE HELP ME I WILL APPRECIATE IT SO MUCH.IM SO DESPERATE :help:

Has your fiance received approval for the I-129f he filed for you?

Is your case at Juarez?

You do not have to wait for Juarez to contact you. You should look at what do you need to do to complete your K-1 and come to the US with that.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Timeline

meauxna, yes it supose the papers are in juarez since december, he have been calling and they use to tell him to wait until they contact me for my inteview,that is what i know,.........now if you say i can go to get the visa now,im scared to go alone with out him, because he cant leave his state because of the problem he is having to get his son custody......

Timeline
meauxna, yes it supose the papers are in juarez since december, he have been calling and they use to tell him to wait until they contact me for my inteview,that is what i know,.........now if you say i can go to get the visa now,im scared to go alone with out him, because he cant leave his state because of the problem he is having to get his son custody......

So, as I understand it, you've gotten NOA2? The K1 approval? So, probably you're stuck on the FBI name check.

Have you gotten Packet 3 yet?

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline
I HAVENT GET OR HEAR ANYTHING ABOUT MY PAPERS,ALL I KNOW IS THAT MY BOYFRIEND HAVE BEEN CALLING AND THEY USE TO TELL THEM THE SAME THAT I SHOULD WAIT FOR BE CONTACTED,.........

Well, Yanny, I guess you have to stay put, wait and be extremely patient. I feel for you... (F)

Edited by Mew

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

If you have an approved I-129F application for a K-1...It is my understanding that CJ has walk in adjudications of K-1 visas without appointments. Just make sure that you have all the required visa applications and other proofs with you when you go.

Ademas, si hay algo que Ud no puede expresarse en ingles, hay mucha gente aqui que puede contestarle en espanol. Pero, no necestas una cita para una entrevista a Ciudad Juarez por un visado de tipo K-1.

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Timeline
If you have an approved I-129F application for a K-1...It is my understanding that CJ has walk in adjudications of K-1 visas without appointments. Just make sure that you have all the required visa applications and other proofs with you when you go.

They do have walk in interviews, but she'd need to be sent her packet 3 and from what I understood of her story, she still doesn't have it.

http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/wwwhivfi.html

Timeline (incompleta)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.