aidan80

USCIS Mail Returned by USPS... :-(

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I’ve a few questions, I’m asking partly out of curiosity and partly out of pure and utter boredom. Check my timeline if needed and read below… :D

I phoned the “Customer Service Center” some time around 27th July asking why the system online told us “On 26th July the card or document” was basically returned by the post office as undeliverable. I called and explained the situation and was told a request would be sent in, in order to have the EAD resent in the post. I was told my EAD was approved and that’s what the post office returned to USCIS.

We also made an infopass appointment and talked to an immigration officer, we explained to the officer what had happened and informed them of what we were told on the phone by the Customer Service Centre. The immigration officer made another request via email to have the card resent to us, we where also informed it should take approx a week to about a week and a half to arrive.

Anyway one week after the infopass appointment and I’m here.. still at home without an EAD and patiently laying in wait for the postman to arrive. :wacko:

Having too much free time on my hands I’ve been thinking…. The people at the call centre said my EAD was approved and that’s what was in the post… we never got any emails of that approval and nothing from our account on the USCIS site about any approval.. The immigration officer made no mention of an EAD being approved or anything and just took my details, made some notes on a form and sent an email, I was even asked if this was my first EAD? Is it at all possible what was originally returned by USPS could have been anything other than an EAD :o ? I’m assuming I’m too soon for an AOS interview or another RFE.. :blink:

Edited by aidan80

Filed N400 11/7/16

Check (CC) Cashed 11/10/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
I’ve a few questions, I’m asking partly out of curiosity and partly out of pure and utter boredom. Check my timeline if needed and read below… :D

I phoned the “Customer Service Center” some time around 27th July asking why the system online told us “On 26th July the card or document” was basically returned by the post office as undeliverable. I called and explained the situation and was told a request would be sent in, in order to have the EAD resent in the post. I was told my EAD was approved and that’s what the post office returned to USCIS.

We also made an infopass appointment and talked to an immigration officer, we explained to the officer what had happened and informed them of what we were told on the phone by the Customer Service Centre. The immigration officer made another request via email to have the card resent to us, we where also informed it should take approx a week to about a week and a half to arrive.

Anyway one week after the infopass appointment and I’m here.. still at home without an EAD and patiently laying in wait for the postman to arrive. :wacko:

Having too much free time on my hands I’ve been thinking…. The people at the call centre said my EAD was approved and that’s what was in the post… we never got any emails of that approval and nothing from our account on the USCIS site about any approval.. The immigration officer made no mention of an EAD being approved or anything and just took my details, made some notes on a form and sent an email, I was even asked if this was my first EAD? Is it at all possible what was originally returned by USPS could have been anything other than an EAD :o ? I’m assuming I’m too soon for an AOS interview or another RFE.. :blink:

Hi Aidan,

I would give it another week. USCIS in MO dont do things straight away. When an immigration officer at an infopass sent them an email on my behalf to request the rfe to be sent again it took 2 weeks before it arrived in the post.

I-751 - Removal of conditions

10-20-2008 - Sent package via usps - overnite mail

10-22-2008 - Package received and signed.

10-28-2008 - Cheque cashed

12-02-2008 - Biometrics in Boston

10-03-2009 - Transferred to CSV

10-04-2009 - 10 year GC on the way

Is there a name on the mailbox? If so, is your name on the mailbox too?

Are you using a P.O. box? If so, is your name on the account too?

If there is a name associated with the mailbox and your's is not, they will not deliver it.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: Other Timeline

If there is a name associated with the mailbox and your's is not, they will not deliver it.

We are aware that our "card or document" was originally returned because our name was not on our mailbox--even though we've gotten all our other USCIS mail at that address. Anyway, after we realized the problem, we put our name on the mailbox and informed the post office that we do indeed live there. This was all before our infopass appointment...so the USPS has no excuse this time. :P

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We are aware that our "card or document" was originally returned because our name was not on our mailbox--even though we've gotten all our other USCIS mail at that address. Anyway, after we realized the problem, we put our name on the mailbox and informed the post office that we do indeed live there. This was all before our infopass appointment...so the USPS has no excuse this time. :P

How did you inform the post office that you live there? Did you call your local post office or their general helpline number 1-800-ASK-USPS?

All this talk of the USPS not delivering EAD's is adding to my waiting stress!! I am staying with my in-laws so their mailbox is presumably in their family name so I want to make sure that I have all my bases covered when USCIS finally pull their fingers out and approve my EAD!

-Matt

How did you inform the post office that you live there? Did you call your local post office or their general helpline number 1-800-ASK-USPS?

All this talk of the USPS not delivering EAD's is adding to my waiting stress!! I am staying with my in-laws so their mailbox is presumably in their family name so I want to make sure that I have all my bases covered when USCIS finally pull their fingers out and approve my EAD!

-Matt

I don't think there is an issue if there is no name on the home mailbox. But, if they have their name on the mailbox, you should add your name too. In the case of a P.O. box, you should add your name to the account.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: Other Timeline

-Matt

I don't think there is an issue if there is no name on the home mailbox. But, if they have their name on the mailbox, you should add your name too. In the case of a P.O. box, you should add your name to the account.

Actually, there was no name whatsoever on our mailbox, and our EAD was still returned. To be safe, I definitely recommend that everyone, who currently waiting for an EAd and/or greencard, inform their local post office that they live at their address, and get those sticky letters to put your last name on your mailbox. :yes:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I just called the following number to find out how to notify the Post Office of my husband living at my address. The lady took the information and gave me a confirmation number that I can refer back to to make sure my post office has his name on record. I also have his name on the inside of my mailbox.

The lady also said that is a form at the Post Office that you can put all of the names on for that residence, however she didnt know the form number.

General Information

1-800-ASK-USPS® or (800) 275-8777

Traveled to Morocco on Aug 3rd, 2005

Got Engaged on Aug 16th, 2005

Left Morocco on Aug 19th, 2005

08-29-05 Filed I129F

01-09-06 Interview Date (9am) We were not approved today, I guess we got a 221g of the damn S. Korea Police Certificate that Casablanca said we didn't need.

03/03/06 Turn in Passport at 9am

03/15/06 Visa Issued

03/31/06 Enter USA via JFK

05/15/06 Wedding for Visa

06/10/06 Mailed AOS papers

07/06/06 Biometerics Apt

07/15/06 My offical wedding day....I know .....:-)

07/10/06 Touched

08/25/06 EAD Approvel

09/01/06 EAD in Hand

09/26/06 AOS Interview (Recommend for Approval)

10-05-06 Received Welcome Letter

10-10-06 Green Card Arrived.

We are now one9d63d28.jpg.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
I just called the following number to find out how to notify the Post Office of my husband living at my address. The lady took the information and gave me a confirmation number that I can refer back to to make sure my post office has his name on record. I also have his name on the inside of my mailbox.

The lady also said that is a form at the Post Office that you can put all of the names on for that residence, however she didnt know the form number.

General Information

I tried to do this just now, and the rep at the 1-800 number said that there was nothing they could do, that I would have to contact the local office.

So I contacted the local office, and they said that there was no form for that, that she would just make sure our carrier knew that he lived there. She put me on hold and said "the carrier knows. She's delivered mail to him at that address before."

Should that fix the problem? Or is there something else I need to do?

So now I'm all paranoid that his greencard is going to be sent back. However, on the AOS form, for address, we did put my husband's name care of my name. Do you think that makes a difference?

4/15/06- Visa in hand!!!

4/21/06 Arrival in U.S.

5/11/06 Legal Marriage

11/4/06 Wedding

AOS

6/12/06 AOS, EAD, and AP papers sent off

6/26/06 NOA1 Date

7/17/06 Biometrics done

8/04/06 Case transferred to CSC

8/8/06 Case received at CSC

9/21/06 Greencard received!!!!

8/31/09 Naturalization- Done with USCIS

Timeline

MHandMB,

I am sorry I can only tell you what I did and what the lady told me. I would suggest that you put your husband/wife's last name in the inside flap of the mailbox so that you don't have any problems.

Good Luck.

General Information

I tried to do this just now, and the rep at the 1-800 number said that there was nothing they could do, that I would have to contact the local office.

So I contacted the local office, and they said that there was no form for that, that she would just make sure our carrier knew that he lived there. She put me on hold and said "the carrier knows. She's delivered mail to him at that address before."

So now I'm all paranoid that his greencard is going to be sent back. However, on the AOS form, for address, we did put my husband's name care of my name. Do you think that makes a difference?

08-29-05 Filed I129F

01-09-06 Interview Date (9am) We were not approved today, I guess we got a 221g of the damn S. Korea Police Certificate that Casablanca said we didn't need.

03/15/06 Visa Issued

07/06/06 Biometerics Apt

07/10/06 Touched

08/25/06 EAD Approvel

09/01/06 EAD in Hand

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

General Information

We got much the same answer from our local post office when we tried to tell them we lived at our current address. The woman told us that she would inform our carrier it was safe to deliver mail addressed to myself and my wife at our address.. I assume the "carrier" already knew that since all our USCIS mail has gotten to us in the past! :blink:

That's all everyone needs is the post office applying their rules as to who gets mail and when as and when they feel like it!... This process is ####### enough as it is!... anyway, I'd just stick my name on the mail box to be sure! We stuck our last name on the mail box so the postman/woman would be able to see it from the street! :D I hope to be seeing that EAD in the mail very soon! :hehe:

Filed N400 11/7/16

Check (CC) Cashed 11/10/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

Timeline

Actually my Post Office called me to verify we lived here based on my phone call earlier. I was very shocked.

08-29-05 Filed I129F

03/15/06 Visa Issued

07/06/06 Biometerics Apt

07/10/06 Touched

08/25/06 EAD Approvel

09/01/06 EAD in Hand

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.