lion of judah

is this a red flag?

37 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

i once applied for a visitors visa and needless to say, i was denied, however my concern is that, at that time i was asked on the form to list previous employment,which i did, now in regard to this fiance petition, does it really matter if i leave out one of those place of employment i listed previously?my fiance and i have submitted and one of those place wasn't listed. i am extremely worried that they might look at the visitor visa application, then the petition and ask why i listed that place before and didn't now.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

that employer was the bully type, and on the day i left we had a huge quarrel, harsh words exchanged. so i didnt want to include him and then have him fabricate any stories or cause my process to slow down. not a huge gap cuz i was only there for like five months

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
that employer was the bully type, and on the day i left we had a huge quarrel, harsh words exchanged. so i didnt want to include him and then have him fabricate any stories or cause my process to slow down. not a huge gap cuz i was only there for like five months

They don't generally call your employers. They don't care what sort of relationship you had with your boss. However, they may care if previous information you gave them does not match current information. You can bet your previous visa application is in the computer, so they'll know about it.

When it comes to things like proof of ongoing relationship, you have the opportunity to cherry pick information that will help your case. When it comes to answering questions like "List ALL employment", you have to follow the instructions and give them the information they ask for, even if you think it won't reflect well on you. The consular officer only needs to find ONE discrepancy in your documents that USCIS didn't know about when they approved the petition, and that's enough to send the petition back to USCIS with a recommendation that it be denied.

You're going to have to list those jobs again on the DS-230, except this time you're going to need to go back 10 years. I recommend you include the employer you left out on the I-129F. If it comes up at the interview just say it was an oversight. The CO isn't likely to think it's significant enough to have caused the petition to be denied, and they'll let it slide.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

i was only at that job for a short period, i cant even recall my start date, so i still would have an issue adding that correctly, cuz i probably would list a date that didnt match with the one i listed previously. here comes the migraine!

i was only at that job for a short period, i cant even recall my start date, so i still would have an issue adding that correctly, cuz i probably would list a date that didnt match with the one i listed previously. here comes the migraine!

I would go with Jim's advice. The fact that it was a short period should probably make the chances of them calling the boss close to zero.

A gap, however, is better closed than left open. If there's difference with your I-129F history, not a big problem given the time period.

They're not looking for a job reference or recommendation, just employment history.

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Timeline

them calling is not even my biggest concern, cuz if they did and he even fabricated, i have no police records and have never been involved in any illegal activities. i think my biggest fear is that i mentioned this place on a b2 visa application, now i genuinely dont remember the timeframe and such, so i didnt list it when i filed g325a. i dont know if they will look back on the old b2 application, then think i am lying willfully to them

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
i dont know if they will look back on the old b2 application, then think i am lying willfully to them

You are/did. Now you have the chance to make a "timely retraction".

This is one reason you don't lie or misrepresent on the forms; the question invariably comes up a 2nd or 3rd time. If you tell the truth, it's easier to remember.

You don't have to have it accurate down to the date; put the most reasonable estimate of your work time that you can.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

These aren't reference checks. However employment history is not normally considered "material fact" unless it was some sort of employment which would cause a visa to be denied, an illegal occupation for example. I wouldn't worry about it too much but it is better just to be honest. They do not care hwether your former boss likes you or not.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

They don't generally call your employers. They don't care what sort of relationship you had with your boss. However, they may care if previous information you gave them does not match current information. You can bet your previous visa application is in the computer, so they'll know about it.

When it comes to things like proof of ongoing relationship, you have the opportunity to cherry pick information that will help your case. When it comes to answering questions like "List ALL employment", you have to follow the instructions and give them the information they ask for, even if you think it won't reflect well on you. The consular officer only needs to find ONE discrepancy in your documents that USCIS didn't know about when they approved the petition, and that's enough to send the petition back to USCIS with a recommendation that it be denied.

You're going to have to list those jobs again on the DS-230, except this time you're going to need to go back 10 years. I recommend you include the employer you left out on the I-129F. If it comes up at the interview just say it was an oversight. The CO isn't likely to think it's significant enough to have caused the petition to be denied, and they'll let it slide.

Not all consulates use the DS230, Jim. Not sure about Jamaica, Ukraine defintely does not. He can correct it at that time if they do OR he can correct the G-325a at the interview. Since it is not material as to whether the petition is approved there should be no problems with correcting the error/omission.

Gary And Alla

BTW trust me immigration will open ur old file to compare? no if and or buts, good luck.

be honest and that is all i can say, abby n sheryl

Our time line for CR1 visa took only 5 months and 1 week or 156 days; from the filing the I-130 on the 03-12-2009 to Approval of NOA2 on the 05/13/2009, then Interview on the 08/18/2009 at Manila, Philippines. We had a daughter on the 11-12-2010 named AISHA JOY means HAPPY LIFE.a1_opt-1.jpga2_opt-1.jpga3_opt-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You can correct it on any future forms you fill out - you will have the opportunity - and if you want, at the interview you can say that you need to add another employer to your list that was omitted when you filled it out. It shouldn't be a problem or a red flag but you will want to be completely accurate from here on in when dealing with immigration.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline
how would i go about correcting it?

when you go to the interview, just tell them you ommitted a job on the G-325a and would like to make a correction for the record. They should have all the documents sent and allow you to do that. I filled out all the forms for my wife and sons and made an error on the birthdate of one of our sons and an error on the job dates on hers. (she had signed blank forms and then I sent her copies of what I completed)No big deal, but it bothered her so she asked and they allowed her to line out the error and write in the correct information.

Again, it is not a "material matter" and will not cause a denial or bar or anything like that. It is NOT visa fraud. Worst case, they will catch the discrepancy and send an RFE for a corrected G-325a but I doubt it. Likely they would compare the two and see it is not an imporatant issue and let it go.

But do not omit this stuff in the future if you can, they really do not care about your former boss or job or persoanl relationships. Best to be accurate

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.