GinFar

Biometrics appointment letter received!

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Is this a little faster than average? The appointment is for a Saturday (Oct. 4) too, which seems odd. I haven't looked yet to see if anyone else has had Saturday appointments.

If it does take almost a year for hubby to get his 10-year card...you know ;) a lot can happen in that time to change his appearance in the picture (i.e., more gray hairs, etc....or loss of hair :wacko: )...HEHEHE..I'm going to be so in trouble for that one. :rofl:

He knows he'd be gorgeous even with a head full of gray hair...or bald. :yes:

I think we'll rent a car to go to Orlando that day (poor Mali, what we now call the old Malibu) can't be trusted these days.

I-129F Sent: Nov. 14, 2005 - Approved: March 21, 2006 - Visa Received: Jun. 18, 2006 - US Entry: July 23, 2006 at JFK

MARRIED: AUG. 12, 2006 12:00 PM - AOS Filed: Sept. 27, 2006 NOA: Oct. 02, 2006 - Approved: YES~! - Green Card Received: Nov. 11, 2006

EAD e-Filed: Oct. 07, 2006 - NOA: Oct. 10, 2006 - Approved? - Ignored by USCIS as AOS came 1st - free money for USCIS~!

LIFTING CONDITIONS - I-751 Sent: Aug. 27, 2008 - APPROVED: May 27, 2009 - RECEIVED: July 13, 2009

NATURALIZATION - N-400 Filed: Oct. 18, 2011

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I sent my wife's I-751 on August 16th to TSC (which forwarded it to the VSC). They cashed the check on August 22nd, but I did not get the NOA1 until September 11. Then on September 15, we received the biometrics for October 2nd.

Also, although the Orlando office covers my wife, our biometrics has been scheduled for Jacksonville.

Removal of Conditions (I-751)

August 16/08: VSC received I-751

August 22/08: check cashed (certainly did not waste any time)

September 11/08: Received NOA 1

September 15/08: Rec'd Biometrics Appointment Letter

October 02/08: Biometrics Completed

March 04/09: File transferred to CSC

June 01/09: Letter stating Petition Approved and Card Production ordered

July 12/09: Card Production ordered e-mail

July 13/09: Received card in the mail

AOS

March 27/06: Sent I-485

March 31/06: NOA 1

April 4/06: Rec'd NOA 1

April 5&6/06: Touched

May 4/06: Rec'd Biometrics Appointment Letter

May 23/06: Biometrics Appointment

May 26/06: Touched

July 22/06: Rec'd Appointment for Interview

Sept 12/06: Interview

Sept 18/06: Rec'd Welcome to USA letter

Sept 26/06: Rec'd Green Card

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi GinFar,

Congratulations on getting your biometrics letter. Likewise, I got my Biometrics letter three weeks after I applied.

However, I'll be trying a walk-in next week (hoping that it will work), a week earlier than scheduled on the letter. See this message thread for more info regarding my situation: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry2218883

It seems a bit unusual that they would schedule appointments on Saturdays, but then again, think of it as a good thing, as you don't have to worry about taking extra time off work to go to this appointment, as it's on a weekend instead.

Don't worry, your husband will look ok in the photos either way... :D And yes, it's good to rent a car to get to your appointment, especially if it is far away, as you don't want your car breaking down on your way there.

Good luck on your biometrics appointment and the rest of your journey...

Ant (Still waiting at the VSC...)

Is this a little faster than average? The appointment is for a Saturday (Oct. 4) too, which seems odd. I haven't looked yet to see if anyone else has had Saturday appointments.

If it does take almost a year for hubby to get his 10-year card...you know ;) a lot can happen in that time to change his appearance in the picture (i.e., more gray hairs, etc....or loss of hair :wacko: )...HEHEHE..I'm going to be so in trouble for that one. :rofl:

He knows he'd be gorgeous even with a head full of gray hair...or bald. :yes:

I think we'll rent a car to go to Orlando that day (poor Mali, what we now call the old Malibu) can't be trusted these days.

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Hi Gatorfan,

Congratulations on getting your NOA, and biometrics letter. Thanks for updating your information here on this message thread.

By the way, you can update your information to the following message thread list: "VSC I-751 Status List" (look for the last updated list on the last page), which you already are on, but haven't updated yet, so you can see and track your progress too, compared to other VJers. Thanks.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=110056

Good luck on your biometrics appointment and the rest of your journey...

Ant (Still waiting at the VSC...)

I sent my wife's I-751 on August 16th to TSC (which forwarded it to the VSC). They cashed the check on August 22nd, but I did not get the NOA1 until September 11. Then on September 15, we received the biometrics for October 2nd.

Also, although the Orlando office covers my wife, our biometrics has been scheduled for Jacksonville.

Edited by AntandD

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Hi Gatorfan,

I hope you didn't mind, but I went ahead and added your NOA and biometrics information that you mentioned here on this message thread to the "VSC Status List" for you. Please change your information on the "VSC Status List", if I have posted it incorrectly there. Thanks.

Ant

Edited by AntandD

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Ant,

Thanks very much for adding my information to the list. :-) Also, not sure if it matters, but the date listed on the NOA1 is 9/5/08, and I received on 9/11/08.

If it should be changed, you would please go ahead and do it. I have been using Google's new Chrome Browser and it doesn't seem to want to save changes when do replies with quotes.

Best Wishes

Gatorfan

Removal of Conditions (I-751)

August 16/08: VSC received I-751

August 22/08: check cashed (certainly did not waste any time)

September 11/08: Received NOA 1

September 15/08: Rec'd Biometrics Appointment Letter

October 02/08: Biometrics Completed

March 04/09: File transferred to CSC

June 01/09: Letter stating Petition Approved and Card Production ordered

July 12/09: Card Production ordered e-mail

July 13/09: Received card in the mail

AOS

March 27/06: Sent I-485

March 31/06: NOA 1

April 4/06: Rec'd NOA 1

April 5&6/06: Touched

May 4/06: Rec'd Biometrics Appointment Letter

May 23/06: Biometrics Appointment

May 26/06: Touched

July 22/06: Rec'd Appointment for Interview

Sept 12/06: Interview

Sept 18/06: Rec'd Welcome to USA letter

Sept 26/06: Rec'd Green Card

Hi Gatorfan,

You're welcome. No problem at all. I thought that since I was updating everyone else's and my own info on the list, I thought I would do yours at the same time too. I just changed updated your NOA1 date to 09/05/08, based on what you said on this post. If you can't post your info on the list for your approval, just post a message on that list thread, and someone here on VJ will be glad to update your info for you.

Best wishes to you too. Good luck on your journey.

Ant (Still waiting at the VSC....)

Ant,

Thanks very much for adding my information to the list. :-) Also, not sure if it matters, but the date listed on the NOA1 is 9/5/08, and I received on 9/11/08.

If it should be changed, you would please go ahead and do it. I have been using Google's new Chrome Browser and it doesn't seem to want to save changes when do replies with quotes.

Best Wishes

Gatorfan

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.