• America's Largest Immigration Community!

Free US immigration self-help guides, example forms, community discussion, case tracking & estimated approval dates!

• AS SEEN:
  • Latest VisaJourney Member Visa Approvals!

• How to Use VisaJourneyJoin Today for Free!
    Who are we? For over 20 years, VisaJourney has been your one-stop immigration community for Work, Student and Family Visas (K1 & IR1 Visas), Green Cards, US Citizenship, DACA, the Diversity Lottery and all other topics. Share your experiences and relax -- you are not alone!

• Trending Immigration Discussions
      Topic   Popularity Poster
    #1 Can my 21 year old daughter apply for her parent's greencard while she lives in Canada?
    US Citizen Family Discussion
    - popularity rating: 1602 blank avatar hahahamush
    #2 DQ’d but received FE Notice Insufficient Income
    NVC Discussion
    - popularity rating: 735 blank avatar Coleo67
    #3 I-601 processing time
    Waiver Discussion
    - popularity rating: 655 blank avatar Thakkar1177
    #4 Vaccine documents added after moving to the USA - do they need a Civil Servant or not? And more...
    Green Card Discussion
    - popularity rating: 608 Dragonsarereal
    #5 City and country of residence?
    - popularity rating: 500 blank avatar iamakbar

• Community Spotlight
    DV Lottery of K1 Visa - Can I file for both?
    I applied for the DV lottery 2025 and hope to be selected this year. My fiancé and I discovered that there is a fiancé visa for the USA. Do you think if we apply for the K1 visa but are selected for the DV lottery that we can stop the fiancé visa process? What are the timelines and options here :)?
    • 25 replies
    Confused about steps after marriage
    My fiancee arrived last month on K1 fiance visa and we got married yesterday. It seems from what I have seen online that I made a mistake by not getting SSN prior to marriage? I am going to the SSN office on Monday to gather more information... also worried about employment authorization and travel authorization(s). Thanks for any insights!
    • 59 replies
    N-400 interview in TWO days. Last wise words?
    Hey everyone!! My N-400 interview is in 2 days. I am so nervous!!

Any last words of advice?? Do's and don't? Anything you wished someone had told YOU? Thanks!

• 39 replies
    Divorce from non-immigrant (out of status) and financial responbsibility
    I go to court next month for another hearing... The judge previously said the "Plaintiff was financially obligated to support [my ex] while she resided in the United States." What does that mean?
    • 88 replies
    Recently filed 129F - still so many questions - here's the first
    I am a USC, my partner is Burmese.  We met in Thailand in 2022 and are starting the K1 process but we have soo many questions... Please help! :)
    • 46 replies
    Tourist visa cancelled by CBP agent.  Can we still get a CR1 or K1 Visa?
    Upon my gf's most recent arrival, her tourist visa was cancelled at the airport due to her frequent visits last year and suspicion of working here. She was denied entry and sent back same day. Is a CR1 or K1 visa process an option still? I would appreciate any advice or tips you can provide!
    • 61 replies
  • Recent Immigration Discussions
    Hep b
    6:57 pm today

Jenny12

Read 15 Times
    1 Replies

My fiance got tested positive for hbsag yesterday it s not chronic and I m aware of it he has his medical check up on Monday he he just wanted to make sure he was okay and that he has not sick or anything until his doctor told him he had that diseases he had no idea he had it and said he was fine. He was given medicine for it but we decided to get a second opinion tomorrow on Friday before his medical on Monday. But his doctor will be give him a paper that shows he is on medication and his results for his hbsag since it s in the acute stage it should be cleared up within 3 months with him on medication .. will this deny our k1 visa or entry when he comes to America or will he fail his interview we need help since we are worried and confused

View Topic

RFE For I-864 (AOS) - Documents for Response?
    4:54 pm today

Sarah & Austin

Read 50 Times
    4 Replies

NOTE: AOS Adjusting from K-1.

I received an RFE shortly after my I-485 (AOS) submission regarding Form I-864. After reviewing the documents USCIS scanned to my online account, I quickly identified that I neglected to include the last page of Form I-864 (as I did not need space for additional information) and thus shows up as "MISSING PAGE" in their system.

I plan to address this omission and include a fully complete I-864 with my RFE response but I'm confused about the following. In my RFE it says to:

"Submit a complete copy of the petitioning sponsor's Federal income tax return, including all supporting tax documents (W-2s, 1099s, Form 2555, and tax schedules) filed with the return, for the most recent tax year."

In my original submission I provided IRS tax transcripts for the past three years, as well as three years' worth of 1040's and W2's. Should I provide the same financial documentation or *only *the tax transcripts as requested?

TIA!

rfe.jpeg

View Topic

Vaccine documents added after moving to the USA - do they need a Civil Servant or not? And more...
    4:15 pm today

Dragonsarereal

Read 76 Times
    8 Replies

Hi all!

Well, we made it, got the K1 VISA after a successful medical and moved to the USA from the UK.

As it was March 2024, when we did the medical, flu vaccine was not available, and Covid was not unless one was 75+

Also, the medical team accepted my photos with my daughter while she suffered from varicella (Chicken pox) and wrote down 'history of the disease' thus she didn't have the varicella jab.

Move on to September, she is going to high school in Wyoming and the nurse asks for more jabs.

She wants her to repeat the Tdap as her last one in 2024 was an adult dose and thus missed Pertussis (whooping cough).

But over here nobody has Pertussis alone as a jab. Plus the pharmacist told me that unless he has a letter from the doctor saying it is safe, he won't administer another Tdap before the 7-10 years have passed from the last jab. But the nurse insists. She also ignored the clear photos of chicken pox on my daughter's body and said they 'appear to be chicken pox' but she needs a doctor to confirm that. However I cannot log into NHS anymore to log up my old notes and sure enough we did not bring her to the surgery with an infectious disease, so I doubt there is anything there.

I got the chicken pox vaccine a week before she was born and I got a huge herpes rash on my face right away and I would rather she doesn't go through that.

What could we do?

We just got our Covid Jabs yesterday. Last month I asked a local Civil Servant doctor how much it would cost to add to our medical that we both had the jabs (and soon the flu one).

She asked for $350 EACH.

I almost fainted. Just to copy one line? So I looked at all the threads here and one said that it is actually *not* necessary to bring that to the civil servant, just send over or bring the new vaccine documents.

We had our biometrics weeks ago and waiting time is 5 months according to USCIS.

so...did you have a similar experience and managed to pass the full medical in the USAwithout all these troubles?

As for school requests, the nurse told me I could request a religious or medical exemption to the state. But I might need a primary doctor for that and I am still looking for a good one.

So confused!

Thanks for any tips!

View Topic

How to “sought to acquire” under CSPA
    3:53 pm today

Umm JZ

blank avatar

Read 58 Times
    4 Replies

Hello everyone,

My mom is an LPR. She petitioned my sister (I-130) on 8/9/2021 when my sister was almost 19 years and 6 months old. Her petition was approved by USCIS and forwarded to NVC on 9/16/2024. The approval notice classifies my sister s case under the F2B category. The priority date has already been current in the F2A category since June 2024. We received the welcome letter and logged onto CEAC to check her case status. NVC indicates that no further action can be taken now. I submitted an inquiry via askNVC about this matter and this is what I received:

Currently, this case cannot be reviewed for applicability of the Child Status Protection Act (CSPA), as there is no visa number available according to this case's priority date and visa category.

I consulted with an attorney who told me that there is nothing that we can do at this point. We need to wait for the NVC to send us an email to proceed with the application.
    However, I have found a similar case to my sister s here in the forum where a member said that they shouldn t have waited for NVC to take action, they should have sought to acquire an immigrant benefit within 12 months.
    How can we seek CSPA relief and retain benefit under the F2A category?
    How can we sought to acquire ?

Help please !

Applicant s DOB: 2/20/2002

Priority date: 8/9/2021

130 Approved: 9/16/2024

NVC email received: 9/30/2024

View Topic

I-797 C Form required
    2:44 pm today

DA85

blank avatar

Read 52 Times
    5 Replies

Hi,

I just received the I 797C form, has anyone received it before? Not sure why I received this. I recently crossed over to activate my CR1. I already received my SSN, I'm just waiting for the physical PR card.

View Topic

• Follow Us

• VisaJourney Immigration Partners
  • Recent Status Updates

• Popular Contributors