w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Huckabee on HIV in 1992: "We need to take steps that would isolate the carriers of this plague"

144 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Huck ads, drops 'Christian Leader'

From NBC/NJ’s Adam Aigner-Treworgy

Huckabee will begin airing two new ads tomorrow. "A New America" will air in Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina, while "Secure Borders" will air only in Iowa. His three-state ad seems almost like a reintroduction to voters in the early primary states, now that Huckabee has a little more money and the spotlight shining on him due to recent polls.

The ad touts Huckabee's positive vision for America's future and his desire to leave the next generation "an America that's even greater than our grandparents gave us." The ad shows the candidate sitting on a couch and talking into a camera interspersed with images of Huckabee as a child. There are also the ubiquitous images of Americana, like a smiling mother and her son sitting on a stoop, a mother pushing her daughter in a swing and a factory worker being lifted up in a cherry-picker. Words displayed over the pictures trumpet Huckabee's accomplishments as governor, such as being labeled one of the best governors in America by Time Magazine.

But both ads also does something else -- they drop “Christian Leader” from the titles on the screen. “Proven Leader” is, instead, substituted.

"Secure Borders" is Huckabee's version of the anti-illegal immigration ad that many of GOP candidates seem to be making this cycle. In it are clips of Huckabee decrying amnesty and sanctuary cities at the Values Voters Summit in Washington, DC, in October, also a subtle reminder of his Christian conservatism.

The ad also shows Huckabee sitting on the same couch using a line from his stump speech to call for increased border security: "It ought to be at least as difficult to get across an international border as it is to get on an airplane in our own hometown." The words on the screen say that Huckabee will "fight to secure our borders," because he is a "proven leader" and an "authentic conservative."

This last line closes the ad, while Huckabee is shown leaning up against a fence on what looks like a farm, talking to man who looks like he could be a farmer. With this ending Huckabee seems to be slightly modifying Fred Thompson's "consistent conservative" line -- with the same intention of pointing out all of the 'inauthentic' conservatives in the race.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Why would you need law to recognize such a union? I think it's reasonably for civil law to limit legal unions to one to one ratios.

If Mr A is officially married to Ms B and Mr C is married to Ms D, then any children

born to A&D or B&C will be regarded as having been born "out of wedlock".

Mr A will have problems adding Mr C and Ms D to his health insurance policy at work.

etc

Can you imagine the complicated legal mess that would create in terms of custody and division of property?

Not if you apply the same rules only to 4 instead of 2 people.

I.e. something that is normally divided 50-50 would be divided 25-75, etc

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
This is interesting...

047a.jpg

The Oneida Community

Founded by John Noyes in 1948, the Oneida colony in upstate New York cultivated a form of group marriage called "complex marriage" in which theoretically every woman was married to every man. The community also practiced "scientific breeding" in which potential parents were matched by committee for physical and mental health. The picture shows this special breed of children playing in front of their proud parents.

http://www2.hu-berlin.de/sexology/ATLAS_EN...in_western.html

I'm sure that sounded like a great idea until the gonnorrhea went round...

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
This is interesting...

047a.jpg

The Oneida Community

Founded by John Noyes in 1948, the Oneida colony in upstate New York cultivated a form of group marriage called "complex marriage" in which theoretically every woman was married to every man. The community also practiced "scientific breeding" in which potential parents were matched by committee for physical and mental health. The picture shows this special breed of children playing in front of their proud parents.

I'm wondering if scientific breeding was like, "Bob, you can never have sex with Edna, but Stella - she's prime."

Timeline
This is interesting...

047a.jpg

The Oneida Community

I'm wondering if scientific breeding was like, "Bob, you can never have sex with Edna, but Stella - she's prime."

Something tells me it wasn't all that "scientific"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I think you missed the part where I said animals - not specifically/necessarily humans. The point is, some can be withdrawn and replaced with the new suitor's. I drew a parrallel from another post. VJ sheesh indeed.

Caladan and Charles got what I was getting at.

and I doubt either has an uncircumcised for reference, seeing as the men are (N.) Americans.

Anyhoo, I wasn't the only one who didn't 'get it', plenty of men (foreigners) didn't either. I'm pretty sure for most - the only point of reference with circumcision is human, not animal. I still fail to see the point of that topic in this thread.

i thought caladan was a she......... :unsure:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
This is interesting...

047a.jpg

The Oneida Community

I don't know...dog breeders have been fairly successful in selective breeding for temperament.

Timeline
This is interesting...

047a.jpg

The Oneida Community

I don't know...dog breeders have been fairly successful in selective breeding for temperament.

childrenofthedamned1963fj9.jpg

Filed: Timeline

I think you missed the part where I said animals - not specifically/necessarily humans. The point is, some can be withdrawn and replaced with the new suitor's. I drew a parrallel from another post. VJ sheesh indeed.

Caladan and Charles got what I was getting at.

and I doubt either has an uncircumcised for reference, seeing as the men are (N.) Americans.

Anyhoo, I wasn't the only one who didn't 'get it', plenty of men (foreigners) didn't either. I'm pretty sure for most - the only point of reference with circumcision is human, not animal. I still fail to see the point of that topic in this thread.

i thought caladan was a she......... :unsure:

and either her man or herself are Canadian (a.k.a. N. American)