sarah and hicham

Does your MENA SO have children?

50 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
I don't think it's a double standard at all. If your SO had children and you expected him to up and move here, leaving his children behind, without even considering leaving your own kids to move to his country, then that would be a double standard. Or else, if you wouldn't, for some reason, consider a relationship with a "local" man due to the fact that he had kids, and you had kids yourself, then that would be a double standard, too.

I am glad you see my way Jenn :lol:

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Does your MENA SO have kids? If so, how old are they and where are they?

I never hear about anyone petitioning for their SO's kids along with their SO from an MENA country.

Do you think it's acceptable for your SO to come to be with you but to leave his or her kids behind? If you moved to your SO's country, would you bring your kids with you?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

I never hear about anyone petitioning for their SO's kids along with their SO from an MENA country.

Do you think it's acceptable for your SO to come to be with you but to leave his or her kids behind? If you moved to your SO's country, would you bring your kids with you?

My husband Hassan does not have children but I have 2 sons from my first marriage, he passed away in December 2004. If I was to move to Kuwait to where my husband is at yes I would take my sons, they are my life and they are my husband Hassans life too. They call him daddy and to him they are his sons.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am expecting his first child.

I would never marry a man that had children in his home country and left them behind. When I stayed in Morocco for 3 + months, my two children from a previous marriage came with me. IF it ever had to come down to it and I had to choose either joining him in his country or abandoning my kids, I would tell him so long....even though I love him terribly my kids come first.

1/17/07: Filed I130

1/26/07: NOA 1

4/9/07: NOA 2

5/22/07: Received DS3032/AOS bill

5/22/07 Sent choice of agent email

5/23/07: Paid AOS fee

6/7/07: Received IV bill

6/8/07: Paid IV bill

6/10/07: IV bill received by NVC

06/15/07: Sent I-864 Packet to NVC

6/28/07: Mailed DS230

7/16/07: Case complete!

Interview: 9/6/07@8:00 a.m.

9/7/07 Visa in hand!!

11/15/07: Green Card Arrives

DSC01907-1.jpg

Timeline

My husband Hassan does not have children but I have 2 sons from my first marriage, he passed away in December 2004. If I was to move to Kuwait to where my husband is at yes I would take my sons, they are my life and they are my husband Hassans life too. They call him daddy and to him they are his sons.

What if your kids didn't want to go? I think there is a difference in moving the whole family for work and moving your kids because you found a new husband. That's just me.

Timeline
I would not at all feel comfortable if my husband had a child/children and he left them behind to come to the US with me. Either as a good father he would need to find a way to bring them to the US with him at the same time , or I would probably have to pass on the relationship.

Timeline
I would not at all feel comfortable if my husband had a child/children and he left them behind to come to the US with me. Either as a good father he would need to find a way to bring them to the US with him at the same time , or I would probably have to pass on the relationship.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

What if your kids didn't want to go? I think there is a difference in moving the whole family for work and moving your kids because you found a new husband. That's just me.

Well luckily my sons told me they would move to Kuwait if that is what we wanted to do, but for others in this situation if the children did not want to move then I think that the spouse should go to where the wife/husband is at that has children because the children should come first, they are our precious angels. :luv:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

He has no children. I have a 4 y.o son. If I moved 5 miles away, he'd come with me!!

Honestly, it depends on the age of the children I guess, if we were older and I was marrying an older guy with older kids.. i.e adults... then I would have an easier time with him "leaving" them.

If he had small children, or even teenagers I would have a VERY hard time accepting that!

My dad moved 2500 miles away when I was a teen and I was bitter lol .. I cant imagine a parent moving accross an ocean!

Edited by Y_habibitk

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Maybe this should have been an anonymous poll.

I don't think anybody in their right mind would post in a public forum that they would leave their kids in a heartbeat for a man in another country...but they're out there. Likewise for the men who have left the kids behind and never looked back.

1/17/07: Filed I130

1/26/07: NOA 1

4/9/07: NOA 2

5/22/07: Received DS3032/AOS bill

5/22/07 Sent choice of agent email

5/23/07: Paid AOS fee

6/7/07: Received IV bill

6/8/07: Paid IV bill

6/10/07: IV bill received by NVC

06/15/07: Sent I-864 Packet to NVC

6/28/07: Mailed DS230

7/16/07: Case complete!

Interview: 9/6/07@8:00 a.m.

9/7/07 Visa in hand!!

11/15/07: Green Card Arrives

DSC01907-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

sarah, when are you going to have kids?

this thread has been merged with another on the same topic from the OP

nice hat lal :D

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.