ddkm

Is there a way to speed it up....

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hi Guys

I think i have read somewhere before that packet 3 just contains some generic forms that you can print off from here, fill in and send off.

Is this the case? If so, where can i download these from?

Thanks! :thumbs:

June 20th 2007.....I-129f Sent to CSC!

July 7th 2007....NOA1

November 8th....NOA2

December 8th.....Packet 3 Received (Sent back 10th)

January 8th.....Packet 4 Received

January 16th.....Interview in London

January 20th....Flight to AZ via JFK, received temp EAD

February 29th...Civil Ceremony

March 10th...I485, I765 & I131 sent to Chicago

March 22nd....Received NOA for I485, I131 & I765 (All dated March 18th)

March 24th....Received Biometrics Appointment Letter (dated March 20th)

April 7th...Request for Initial Evidence for I485 (Received in MO on the 10th)

April 9th....Biometrics Appointment

May 30th...EAD Card Production Ordered and AP Approved

June 7th....Wedding!!

June 13th...EAD Card & AP in hand

September 22nd...AOS Interview - APPROVED!

Nov 21st...Card Production Ordered!

Nov 22nd...Welcome to America Letter Received

Nov 29th 2008...Green Card Received!!!

Aug 20th 2010...Mailed I-751 to CSC

Aug 23rd...Check Cashed

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=99257

You should find some helpful info in that thread. Link to the checklist scans. For the form downloads you need to go to the US London Embassy website, which I am sure you can quickly find witha google search.

And apparently they won't schedule the medical until you actually have packet 3 in hand (my fiance tried). Though others have said they will if you have your LND #.

You should find some helpful info in that thread. Link to the checklist scans. For the form downloads you need to go to the US London Embassy website, which I am sure you can quickly find witha google search.

And apparently they won't schedule the medical until you actually have packet 3 in hand (my fiance tried). Though others have said they will if you have your LND #.

Once I had my LND# from the Dept of State I arranged my medical.

Timeline

My fiance called today and said they wouldn't even with the LND #. They said he physically had to have the Packet 3 in hand. :unsure: Did you tell them you had Packet 3? Did they ask? I wonder why they wouldn't schedule it? :huh:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

My fiance called today and said they wouldn't even with the LND #. They said he physically had to have the Packet 3 in hand. :unsure: Did you tell them you had Packet 3? Did they ask? I wonder why they wouldn't schedule it? :huh:

I scheduled mine with the LND number before I got packet 3 too. Just tell them that you have packet 3, there's no way for them to know one way or the other. :thumbs:

Gillian

Timeline

Not sure I'd arrange the medical before you have packet 3. There is plenty of time between receiving it and the interview to arrange the medical, and too much time for the Embassy to misplace the medical results. It doesn't save anytime at all arranging it before.

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Timeline
Not sure I'd arrange the medical before you have packet 3. There is plenty of time between receiving it and the interview to arrange the medical, and too much time for the Embassy to misplace the medical results. It doesn't save anytime at all arranging it before.

No biggie. We just decided to wait. My fiance is just a bit nervous as he's a Type 1 diabetic and worries that they may want/need additional info and wants to allow time for that, if necessary. Now its his turn to worry as I did that during the waiting for NOA2 leg!

Timeline

interesting...well i think i am going to try to book it for 3 weeks time...i have a load of time off of work between christmas and new year, not least cuz i will be handing in my notice!

July 7th 2007....NOA1

November 8th....NOA2

June 7th....Wedding!!

Aug 23rd...Check Cashed

You guys in England have funny rules with the medical I wonder why...at my medical they didn´t ask anything about Packet 3 and gave me the results to take it to the Embassy when the time comes...

interesting...well i think i am going to try to book it for 3 weeks time...i have a load of time off of work between christmas and new year, not least cuz i will be handing in my notice!

Just an FYI, they are not open between Xmas and the New Year :) Tried that already (I have from the 21st Dec to 2nd Jan off work myself), hence booking my medical for first week of Jan and having to use a days holiday for it :wacko:

Cheryl

06/2005 Met Josh online ~ 02/2006 My 1st visit to the US ~ 09/2006 2nd US visit (Josh proposed) ~ 02/2007 3rd US visit (married)

04/2007 K3 visa applied ~ 05/2007 Josh's 1st UK visit ~ 09/2007 4th US visit ~ 02/2008 K3 visa completed ~ 02/2008 US entry

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

04/2008 AOS/EAD filed ~ 05/2008 Biometrics ~ 06/2008 EAD recv'd ~ 08/2008 Conditional greencard

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

02/2010 3rd wedding anniversary ~ 06/04/2010 Apply for lifting conditions ~ 06/14 package delivered ~ 07/23 Biometrics

Timeline

I'd just like to add here that although I booked my medical before I had packet 3 in hand I did know that it was on its way from the Embassy. The Embassy mailed packet 3 to me on Monday and I booked the medical the same day. Packet 3 arrived on Thursday.

Gillian

Edited by English Muffin

Timeline

Just an FYI, they are not open between Xmas and the New Year :) Tried that already (I have from the 21st Dec to 2nd Jan off work myself), hence booking my medical for first week of Jan and having to use a days holiday for it :wacko:

Hehehe, its not what you know...its who you know :whistle: I have my appointmet at Bentinck Mansions on the 21st, and already have my train and underground tickets booked too!

July 7th 2007....NOA1

November 8th....NOA2

June 7th....Wedding!!

Aug 23rd...Check Cashed

Timeline

No biggie. We just decided to wait. My fiance is just a bit nervous as he's a Type 1 diabetic and worries that they may want/need additional info and wants to allow time for that, if necessary. Now its his turn to worry as I did that during the waiting for NOA2 leg!

It might be useful if he can take with him evidence of that his diabetes is under control and he doesn't suffer any complications because of it. A letter from his GP might be a good idea.

I get the impression from my medical and others posts here that partly they are concerned that people with long term medical conditions are not likely to get significantly worse and/or not be able to obtain the proper treatment for their condition in the US.

Not sure what State you will be living in the US but we found my wife was unable to obtain medical insurance in Oregon because she is diabetic. Fortunately Oregon has a State Medical Pool for such cases and she insured through that. Also a lot of insurers do not cover existing medical conditions for the first six months unless they have been previously insured. In some, but not all States, proof of British NHS cover is excepted as proof of existing insurance cover. He also might like to ask his GP if they would give him a prescription to cover him for the first few months he is in the US, my wife's GP gave her 4 months of drugs to bring with us.

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Timeline

It might be useful if he can take with him evidence of that his diabetes is under control and he doesn't suffer any complications because of it. A letter from his GP might be a good idea.

I get the impression from my medical and others posts here that partly they are concerned that people with long term medical conditions are not likely to get significantly worse and/or not be able to obtain the proper treatment for their condition in the US.

Not sure what State you will be living in the US but we found my wife was unable to obtain medical insurance in Oregon because she is diabetic. Fortunately Oregon has a State Medical Pool for such cases and she insured through that. Also a lot of insurers do not cover existing medical conditions for the first six months unless they have been previously insured. In some, but not all States, proof of British NHS cover is excepted as proof of existing insurance cover. He also might like to ask his GP if they would give him a prescription to cover him for the first few months he is in the US, my wife's GP gave her 4 months of drugs to bring with us.

Thanks for the advice Lansbury! My fiance did ask his GP for a letter describing his excellent diabetic control. We just weren't sure how much detail was required, and the woman wha answered the phone at Bentick wasn't very helpful. What sort of evidence do you think would be helpful, aside from the GP's letter?

Regarding insurance, my employer health insurance has assured me that they don't regard diabetes as a pre-existing condition that is excludable from coverage for any period of time. For insulin, he has been stockpiling it so that he'll arrived armed with at least a 6 month supply. His GP has been great about that since he knows G is emmigrating.

Edited by julezabelle

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.