Lucifer

I-751 MESS UP... BE CAREFUL!

35 posts in this topic

I filled I-751 at VSC on Nov 15th 2006. Got NOA Dec 1st 2006 and fingerprinted Jan 2nd 2007. Waiting....waiting....waiting... Starting from June 2007 I repeatedly and until Nov 5th 2007 checked the website and called 800 number to find out that nothing new had come and the case was pending normally.

Guess what; on Nov 5th 2007 I got a DENIAL letter stating I didn't reply to RFE they had sent me in June 2007.

Guess what more; the receipt number on the denial did not match the receipt number on my first NOA, the number I checked online all the Time. And guess a little bit more. The state abbreviation in my address for Delaware was printed NJ .

I went to INS office and a very nice lady told me that all those “small” mistakes happen. The letter is received by zip code. The receipt number doesn’t have to be the same.

I should file a new I-751.

After filling a New I-751 on Nov 13th 2007 I got a new NOA Nov 20th 2007. As me and my wife have purchased tickets for the Christmas holidays to Europe our dreams for traveling were shattered. I went to INS office again with the new NOA and the same very nice lady stamped my passport, extending I-551 for additional 1 year and stated that I can work.

But she did point to me: NO TRAVELLING!!!

Now I am waiting for FP notice.

On Nov 29th 2007 I also filled I-290B...Motion to reopen. Because I never received any RFE. I'm now waiting.....waiting....

Regards,

KAKA

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear this. And thanks for sharing the experience. It will help us who will soon be applying for the removal of conditions. Good luck and God bless...

I filled I-751 at VSC on Nov 15th 2006. Got NOA Dec 1st 2006 and fingerprinted Jan 2nd 2007. Waiting....waiting....waiting... Starting from June 2007 I repeatedly and until Nov 5th 2007 checked the website and called 800 number to find out that nothing new had come and the case was pending normally.

Guess what; on Nov 5th 2007 I got a DENIAL letter stating I didn't reply to RFE they had sent me in June 2007.

Guess what more; the receipt number on the denial did not match the receipt number on my first NOA, the number I checked online all the Time. And guess a little bit more. The state abbreviation in my address for Delaware was printed NJ .

I went to INS office and a very nice lady told me that all those “small” mistakes happen. The letter is received by zip code. The receipt number doesn’t have to be the same.

I should file a new I-751.

After filling a New I-751 on Nov 13th 2007 I got a new NOA Nov 20th 2007. As me and my wife have purchased tickets for the Christmas holidays to Europe our dreams for traveling were shattered. I went to INS office again with the new NOA and the same very nice lady stamped my passport, extending I-551 for additional 1 year and stated that I can work.

But she did point to me: NO TRAVELLING!!!

Now I am waiting for FP notice.

On Nov 29th 2007 I also filled I-290B...Motion to reopen. Because I never received any RFE. I'm now waiting.....waiting....

Regards,

KAKA

Removing Conditions-Timeline

04-15-2009 Mailed Form I-751

04-20-2009 Received by USCIS

05-04-2009 NOA 1 and Extension Letter

05-11-2009 Received Biometrics Appointment

05-27-2009 Biometrics Appointment

AOS-Timeline

03-23-2007 AOS Application mailed

04-20-2007 RFE (1099, Recent ITR)

04-26-2007 Biometrics

05-04-2004 Received RFE from the snail mail

05-07-2007 Mailed RFE documents

05-14-2007 DHS received RFE documents (processing of case resumed)

05-31-2007 Case transferred to CSC

06-20-2007 AOS Approved

06-28-2007 Received Green Card

K1 Visa - Timeline

05-11-2006 Mailed Form I-129 to Texas Service Center

07-28-2006 NOA 2 - Petition Approved

08-11-2006 NVC letter with MNL Case Number

09-04-2006 Received Pre-interview Notice dated August 31

09-21-2006 Received Appointment Letter dated September 18

11-13-2006 Medical Exam (Done November 2 and 3)

11-20-2006 Interview------APPROVED....THANKS GOD.. HE IS REALLY GREAT

11-30-2006 VISA ON HAND

02-01-2007 Left Philippines (9:30 am)

02-01-2007 Arrived in US (US time)

02-24-2007 Wedding Day

Wow, that is kind of scary :unsure: AT least you caught it and was able to rectify it, it is just too bad you and to refile.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

That's terrible- best of luck to you!

I'm a bit confused though- why are you unable to travel?

12/06/07 I-751 application sent

12/08/07 I-751 application received at VSC

12/10/07 Check cashed

12/17/07 NOA1 received

01/22/08 Biometrics Appointment

01/23/08 Touched

12/29/08 Contacted USCIS Customer Service for inquiry

02/19/09 Requested formal inquiry by Senator Arlen Specter

04/03/09 Card Production Ordered

04/10/09 10 Year Greencard Received!

No I can not travel. As of the denial all my privileges were terminated. In INS computer next to my

A# it states a big T = terminated. When everything is normal an I is stated next to the A#. The very nice lady at INS office told me that. I could choose to go, but when entering back to the US, at the airport the gentleman/lady sitting and letting you in will see that T and CAN choose not to let you in.

I will check with them periodically and see when the T will change to an I.

Regards,

Kaka

No I can not travel. As of the denial all my privileges were terminated. In INS computer next to my

A# it states a big T = terminated. When everything is normal an I is stated next to the A#. The very nice lady at INS office told me that. I could choose to go, but when entering back to the US, at the airport the gentleman/lady sitting and letting you in will see that T and CAN choose not to let you in.

I will check with them periodically and see when the T will change to an I.

Regards,

Kaka

Sorry for your experience and thanks a lot for sharing with us.

The "T" and "I" info is very interesting. Anyway, I am not a big fan of travelling with an NOA letter and/or the stamp in the passport. On the other immigration board there is a person who wasn't allowed to board an Air Friance flight with an expired GC, a stamped passport and an NOA letter.

I know it should work and it is completely legal, but I would not be afraid of entering the States. What bothers me is there are a ton of customs/airline employees abroad that don't have a clue and a simple "No" from them jeopardizes so much... I just couldn't do it.

I had my NOA and could've scheduled an Infopass appt, but I would not leave the States without the plastic in my pocket.

Blessed are those who have not seen and yet believe.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

So does that means plp that has pending application should check in with USCIS and see if there's anything wrong such as a possible RFE that might be associated with your name? I mean I do appologize that we are learning from your example, but how would people like us who currently have pending cases find out if something like this are happening (rather, not happening) to us?

Along the same token, upon speaking to a cust. service on the 800 line, one of the representative informed me that RFE for items that you might have send in your original packet happens somewhat frequently. Since it's handle by lots of people, misplacing certain document and/or not understanding the package's story happens... Just FYI

rtheman...

I don't think you can do anything.... as in my case, I gave them my first receipt number…the same number that I periodically checked online and everything was pending and the officer at local uscis office told me it was pending without any new comings. As I never received an RFE, I never had the new receipt number and thus I could not check on it. :angry:

If you are happily married, as in my case, then they could never deny you.

Uscis is playing with lives of immigrants.

You would assume that paying those huge fees at least they should send you letters certified…. So if something never reached you, you could at least track it and find out what happened to it. As in my case, uscis can not prove they sent my letter (RFE) to the right address and they don’t have to, but now I have to pay the cost…money, psychic and time wise.

R//

Kaka

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Lucifer,

Any luck with INS?

I have the same situation. I applied for I-751 in March, 2007. On Oct, 17 I went to Houston INS and they told me that some kind of letter was sent me in July.

I called 1-800 and asked them to resend the letter that I never received. Instead, on Nov 14th, I received a denial notice stating I didn't reply to RFE they had sent me in July 2007. I even do not know where they sent it to. I hired a lower and he sent a fax to the director of Texas Center with request to reopen my case, since I never received a RFE. He supposed to answer in 10 days but he still did not. I re-filed another I-751 on Dec, 4th and still waiting on their response. Now I do not know what I can expect.

I just hoped that they will open my case and I can work and travel. I do not care how long does it takes. I am married for 5 years and happy with my husband and my kid. I just need NOA. But from your email I see that I will not able to travel!!!! It is unbelievable.

When you re-file, do you have to pay the fee again??? Just reading this makes me so angry!!! You think they would prioritize your case if they mess up, instead it sounds like they just make you get in line again!! :protest:

good luck to everyone in this situation!!! (oksana & lucifer)

Sept 10, 2001... Arrived in US (J1)

Sept 2002... AOS (J1 to F1)

March 2003...AOS Approved

May 2003... Flew to SA. Reapplied for F1. RFE and Finally Approved. 2 year F1 visa in Passport.

Jan 21 2004... Married in Chicago

Aug 2004... Applied for AOS, Petition for spouse and EAD

Feb 2005... Joshua, our little cutie pie is born on SuperBowl Sunday

May 2005... EAD Approved

Dec 17 2005... AOS & Petition approved (2 year green-card received)

Aug 4 2007... Mailed in I-751 = $275 (remove conditions)

Aug 31 2007... Everything returned, filed too early, wrong fee

Sept 17 2007 Refiled to NSC

Sept 18 2007... Delivered by DHL to NSC

Oct 10 2007... Received at CSC

Oct 15 2007... Check cashed, transfered to CSC

Oct 15 2007... Received 1st notice with application number and 1 year extension. Notice Dated 9/19/07

Nov 1 2007... tried walk-in biometrics, refused

Nov 8 2007...Biometrics completed. Staff at Naperville ASC were great!

Nov 9 2007... Last touch

March 7 2008... Card production ordered!!!!!!!! 5 months, 2 weeks and 5 days

March 12 2008... Case Status: Approval notice sent

March 15 2008...Green card received in mail...so done with USCIS done for a few years!!!!!! :)

I would be livid if I had to pay again for their mistake!! $545 is a lot of money!! Good luck oksana :clock:

Sept 10, 2001... Arrived in US (J1)

Sept 2002... AOS (J1 to F1)

March 2003...AOS Approved

May 2003... Flew to SA. Reapplied for F1. RFE and Finally Approved. 2 year F1 visa in Passport.

Jan 21 2004... Married in Chicago

Aug 2004... Applied for AOS, Petition for spouse and EAD

Feb 2005... Joshua, our little cutie pie is born on SuperBowl Sunday

May 2005... EAD Approved

Dec 17 2005... AOS & Petition approved (2 year green-card received)

Aug 4 2007... Mailed in I-751 = $275 (remove conditions)

Aug 31 2007... Everything returned, filed too early, wrong fee

Sept 17 2007 Refiled to NSC

Sept 18 2007... Delivered by DHL to NSC

Oct 10 2007... Received at CSC

Oct 15 2007... Check cashed, transfered to CSC

Oct 15 2007... Received 1st notice with application number and 1 year extension. Notice Dated 9/19/07

Nov 1 2007... tried walk-in biometrics, refused

Nov 8 2007...Biometrics completed. Staff at Naperville ASC were great!

Nov 9 2007... Last touch

March 7 2008... Card production ordered!!!!!!!! 5 months, 2 weeks and 5 days

March 12 2008... Case Status: Approval notice sent

March 15 2008...Green card received in mail...so done with USCIS done for a few years!!!!!! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.