5 posts in this topic

Hi guys, i have my AOS interview May 23rd but im moving April 22nd. The filing addressed i used was my parents in-law so having my mail go there is fine but i dont want to get in any trouble because of it but at the same time i dont want to delay things even further because of the address change.

Is it best to go to the hassle of chaning the address with USCIS and what else do i need to do besides filing AR-11 and then calling the info line?

POE

27 Sep 2005 - Arrived in MN

07 Oct 2005 - Applied for SS#

13 Oct 2005 - Received SS Card

21 Oct 2005 - Passed Driving Test

22 Oct 2005 - Got Married

AOS Process

21 Nov 2005 - Mailed AOS & EAD

05 Dec 2005 - Received AOS & EAD NOA1

05 Dec 2005 - Received Drivers License

05 Dec 2005 - Received letter to revoke my license for not proving resident status.

06 Dec 2005 - Applied for new Drivers License with NOA1

13 Dec 2005 - RFE concerning AOS

21 Dec 2005 - AOS touched (120-180 days)

07 Mar 2006 - Biometrics Apt for EAD & AOS

08 Mar 2006 - EAD touched

14 Mar 2006 - EAD approved online

16 Mar 2006 - EAD received in mail

25 Mar 2006 - AOS interview letter

01 Apr 2006 - Go my first job!!!!

23 May 2006 - AOS Interview - Approved

You'll have to notify them of the address change at some point, as will your spouse - he/she is the sponsor and is also required to notify the USCIS of any change of address. As to whether or not it will delay the application - I guess it is possible, I'm not really sure. Your local office will have your file if your interview is coming up, and the NBC might send for it to change the address. Whether you want to do it now or wait until after the interview is up to you. Personally, if you can still get your mail at your in-laws, then it probably wouldn't matter a whole lot to wait, but I'm unsure of the legal consquences of this.

Edited by chiggins

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
I'd be tempted to handle it at the interview....if it wouldn't cause you any trouble that is.

Has anybody else done this?

We moved twice in the 2 and a half years the process took and we were told both times that we had to do an address change within 10 days of moving. I don't know if that's changed, but that's what they told us when we called. Good Luck!

David & Erin [br]5962a06.jpg.png

6/19/2002- Met Online

11/10/2002- Met in person for the first time at Buffalo International Airport we spend a blissful but all too short week together.

2/23/03- David proposes on the beach in Melbourne Florida at sunrise during his second visit.

9/26/03- After much talk with USCIS we decide to go ahead and get married during David's third visit, with David planning on returning to Ireland the following week.

9/30/03- Phone USCIS to ask questions on filling out paper work and USCIS officer informs us that if David is already here he doesn't need to leave. After numerous calls to the Irish Embassy and two more calls to USCIS to confirm, we decide he will stay.

12/02/03- Petition for AOS recieved

10/8/04- EAD FINALLY arrives

11/10/2004- Our Son Colin Michael Kieran born two years to the minute after our first face to face meeting!

1/26/06- Recieved interview appointment letter.

3/09/06- AOS approved! David is a permanent resident with stamp in passport.

4/4/06- Green card arrives. We are now free to travel back to Ireland so David can see his family for the first time in more than two years.

We moved and it did delay our process a little (about a month), but that was because we had to change district offices. If that isn't going to be affected, you should be fine.

11/11/2005 -- Chris Arrived in US on K-1 Visa

11/21/2005 -- Married in Vegas!

12/05/2005 -- Mailed AOS/EAD

04/05/2006 -- AOS Interview and Bio (issued at the interview)

06/10/2006 -- Welcome letter arrives

06/23/2006 -- Green Card Arrives

Lifting Conditions

03/10/2008 -- Mailed I-751 Packet to USCIS

03/14/2008 -- NOA Arrives!! (also check is cashed)

04/07/2008 -- Bio Appt Letter Arrives!

04/17/2008 -- Bio Appt

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.