AnewKINDofFEELIN

Waiting on the VSC to make a decision?

2,459 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Hey guys, I was thinking of trying to call NVC either tonight or tomorrow.

I was just trying to get a feel for how easy it really is.

From what I've read it seems to be...call the number, hit the right prompts, give EAC number...and then that's it, right?

I'm not sure.

I'm working up the courage to do the very same thing. I'm gonna try in the morning and see what happens. Hopefully, they won't bite my head off! I've been a really good girl and haven't called anyone at USCIS during this whole process. :innocent:

I only complained to the ombudsman via email! :whistle:

both of you should call!!!!!!! they're not scary at all

im sure that they have your petitions by now...mine was recieved by them in 2 business days, and sent in another 2 business days

CALL NOW!!!!! lol

Does everybody who got their approvals are on NVC or on the way to the embassies????

Do you all have your NOA2 hard copy? Just wondering...

I got mine in the mail yesterday. i called NVC today. they received our case on the December 1st. It was sent to Moscow on December 4th!! :D Yay!!!!!

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
Anybody else have experiences with getting staffers of your u.s. reps or senators to help? Mine fed me what uscis is feeding them that they are 'frontlogged' due to the price increase. So why are they skipping ahead then? Duh?

I told her july is getting approved mostly now and she listened and said she would mail me the result of her inquiry. But I have a bad feeling she'll write something brilliant like vsc is up to may 20 or that they are doing in order they receive!!

It's funny I emailed a few months ago about another issue with the case and they were eager to help even though I didn't need it, now it felt like I was somehow wrong to feel I'm overdue.

Oh well, guess I'll try the ombudsman's complaint form.

Can't fight city hall I guess, what a country :angry:

Hey Dude is it just you and me left here unapproved and untouched.......like a virgin....hahahahahahahahahaha....that has been a long time.....hahaha...o.k. now I have sick humour......OMG....OMG....OMG.....what the he11 is this #######.......augh

Hey Lora and Virgil,

My congresswoman's staffer has been nice but not willing to go beyond "protocals" and so she says that we must wait until the end of this month do "take the next step" - whatever that is. My two senators have not gotten back to me for over a week now since I first wrote them. I am begining to believe that we are hostages to the system. Learned helplessness? Perhaps so.

On the bright side, I finally received a touch this evening at about 5 p.m. EST. When I checked the screen for the 10,000th time today my eyes almost fell out of my head when I finally saw a change. I am very p!ss@d off that I am still waiting but it is nice to know that there is some movement over there. I still cannot believe that the USCIS is working on July when there are filers like us still out here. I truly hope that we are in the same crate so that you can get at least a bit of relief as well.

I cringe when I think that we will have to deal with these bozos again down the road. I am not going to let up on my congressional officials until they lift the cover on this debacle.

:devil:

On the bright side, I finally received a touch this evening at about 5 p.m. EST.

That sounds like a positive sign! Let's hope for more good news for you soon. :)

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

My Favorite Links & Threads:

CSC & VSC K1 & K3 Recent approvals

Colombia Club Part 1 & Colombia Club Part 2

RFE List Learn from others' mistakes.

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

Timeline
On the bright side, I finally received a touch this evening at about 5 p.m. EST.

That sounds like a positive sign! Let's hope for more good news for you soon. :)

Thanks - I truly hope so. Something has gotta give, right?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
Anybody else have experiences with getting staffers of your u.s. reps or senators to help? Mine fed me what uscis is feeding them that they are 'frontlogged' due to the price increase. So why are they skipping ahead then? Duh?

I told her july is getting approved mostly now and she listened and said she would mail me the result of her inquiry. But I have a bad feeling she'll write something brilliant like vsc is up to may 20 or that they are doing in order they receive!!

It's funny I emailed a few months ago about another issue with the case and they were eager to help even though I didn't need it, now it felt like I was somehow wrong to feel I'm overdue.

Oh well, guess I'll try the ombudsman's complaint form.

Can't fight city hall I guess, what a country :angry:

Hey Dude is it just you and me left here unapproved and untouched.......like a virgin....hahahahahahahahahaha....that has been a long time.....hahaha...o.k. now I have sick humour......OMG....OMG....OMG.....what the he11 is this #######.......augh

Hey Lora and Virgil,

My congresswoman's staffer has been nice but not willing to go beyond "protocals" and so she says that we must wait until the end of this month do "take the next step" - whatever that is. My two senators have not gotten back to me for over a week now since I first wrote them. I am begining to believe that we are hostages to the system. Learned helplessness? Perhaps so.

On the bright side, I finally received a touch this evening at about 5 p.m. EST. When I checked the screen for the 10,000th time today my eyes almost fell out of my head when I finally saw a change. I am very p!ss@d off that I am still waiting but it is nice to know that there is some movement over there. I still cannot believe that the USCIS is working on July when there are filers like us still out here. I truly hope that we are in the same crate so that you can get at least a bit of relief as well.

I cringe when I think that we will have to deal with these bozos again down the road. I am not going to let up on my congressional officials until they lift the cover on this debacle.

:devil:

Great I hope you get your approval from the touch....I have looked at 6/10/07 date as the last update for so long that it is seared into my retina.....I probable will see it for the rest of my life.....I am pushing big time for a Congressional hearing using the theme of....this is where most of your constituents are asking for your help and ithere are a lot more of me coming along so for your own workload and sanity it will behove you to force them to explain an change because this will not change unless you force them to do it.....I want to see them sit in front of me and tell me how this is a fair system and how customer friendly they are........there is absolutely no excuse from this wait and there ineptness......I hope Mr Gonzalez looses his job........that at this point is the only thing that I think will make this thing change.......you know sh** rolls downhill........

So I have to wonder. I believe some of you all said I was supposed to get a new case number when calling NVC, right?

I didn't actually get a new case number...

Is that a problem? Should I call again for a new case number? Or just not even worry about that, and just focus on getting my fiance' the required info for Packet 3?

Our Immigration Journey!

I-129F

July 27, 2007 - NOA1 Received!!!!!!!!!

July 28, 2007 - Touch

November 28, 2007 - Touch!?

November 28, 2007 - NOA2 Received!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 5, 2007 - Told by NVC that our case has already been forwarded to London!

December 11, 2007 - Packet 3 mailed out by London!

January 08 - Packet 3 lost in the mail, waiting on a new one...

January 14, 2008 - Packet 3 finally received!

March 3, 2008 - Medical Appointment

April 10, 2008 - VISA INTERVIEW!!!!!! - APPROVED!!!!!

April 15, 2008 - Visa in hand!

May 12, 2008 - POE in the US!!!!

June 21, 2008 - Wedding!!!!!!!

I-485

July 30, 2008 - Filed for AOS

August 8, 2008 - NOA's received! (for 485, 765, 131)

August 27th, 2008 - Biometrics Appointment

September 22nd, 2008 - Case transferred to CSC

October 3rd, 2008 - Case at CSC, Touched, Touched again on 7th

October 20, 2008 - AP and EAD Approved!!!

October 27, 2008 - AP and EAD Received!!!

December 19th, and 21st 2008 - Touched

January 26th, 2009 - RFE...

February 27th, 2009 - NOTICE MAILED WELCOMING NEW PERMANENT RESIDENT!!

March 6, 2009 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!! LPR STATUS NOW OFFICIAL!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wow! We ran the thread up so large they had to transition to a new one, impressive :lol:

Congratulations amrssnowangel on your NOA 2.

How about some of the other old timers in here? Mel & Syl, Mirla, Virgillionairre, etc...come on USCIS take care of these folks. :protest:

Good luck to you all. I haven't forgotten you and wish you the very best. My fiancee passed her medical exam so we are celebrating right now.

So I have to wonder. I believe some of you all said I was supposed to get a new case number when calling NVC, right?

Is that a problem? Should I call again for a new case number? Or just not even worry about that, and just focus on getting my fiance' the required info for Packet 3?

You should be doing both.

You can call DOS at (202) 663-1225 x1, x0 from now on. They can provide your new number and tell you when the package arrives at the embassy.

You should also be researching to see if there are any London shortcuts you can take that will get you your interview date as soon as possible. I assume there is a London forum on here but have not looked.

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

My Favorite Links & Threads:

CSC & VSC K1 & K3 Recent approvals

Colombia Club Part 1 & Colombia Club Part 2

RFE List Learn from others' mistakes.

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

You should be doing both.

You can call DOS at (202) 663-1225 x1, x0 from now on. They can provide your new number and tell you when the package arrives at the embassy.

You should also be researching to see if there are any London shortcuts you can take that will get you your interview date as soon as possible. I assume there is a London forum on here but have not looked.

So calling DOS will give me a new case number to? I don't have to call NVC as well too? That would make things easier.

Our Immigration Journey!

I-129F

July 27, 2007 - NOA1 Received!!!!!!!!!

July 28, 2007 - Touch

November 28, 2007 - Touch!?

November 28, 2007 - NOA2 Received!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 5, 2007 - Told by NVC that our case has already been forwarded to London!

December 11, 2007 - Packet 3 mailed out by London!

January 08 - Packet 3 lost in the mail, waiting on a new one...

January 14, 2008 - Packet 3 finally received!

March 3, 2008 - Medical Appointment

April 10, 2008 - VISA INTERVIEW!!!!!! - APPROVED!!!!!

April 15, 2008 - Visa in hand!

May 12, 2008 - POE in the US!!!!

June 21, 2008 - Wedding!!!!!!!

I-485

July 30, 2008 - Filed for AOS

August 8, 2008 - NOA's received! (for 485, 765, 131)

August 27th, 2008 - Biometrics Appointment

September 22nd, 2008 - Case transferred to CSC

October 3rd, 2008 - Case at CSC, Touched, Touched again on 7th

October 20, 2008 - AP and EAD Approved!!!

October 27, 2008 - AP and EAD Received!!!

December 19th, and 21st 2008 - Touched

January 26th, 2009 - RFE...

February 27th, 2009 - NOTICE MAILED WELCOMING NEW PERMANENT RESIDENT!!

March 6, 2009 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!! LPR STATUS NOW OFFICIAL!!!

Timeline
Okay guys help me out here!

I just got off the phone with NVC, and the woman told me our case had been forwarded to London already!

...What now?!

How can I track it? Can I even track it?

It is difficult to track without DHL's tracking number. However, it normally takes around 3 business days to get to the embassy. Forget NVC now and start calling DOS at 202-663-1225 x1, x0. They will be able to tell you if your package has been received at the embassy. Call them once a day until they receive it.

Actually, for those who wish to try tracking, I'll point you to this thread that was posted several days ago.....

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=98172

You know folks, you ought to get out and mingle a little. There is lots of interesting stuff out there. :D

K1 Visa Process
USPS Express Mail I-129F Package sent to USCIS VT Service Center 07/05/07
NOA-1 Received: Notice Date 07/11/07
NOA-2 Received: Notice Date 11/20/07
Medical conducted 12/21, 26, 28/07, 01/02/08
USEM Interview conducted 01/04/08
Visas picked up at USEM (request non-delivery) 01/08/08
Family (Mom & kids) arrive Washington, DC 01/13/08

AOS Process
USPS Priority Mail package to USCIS Chicago Lockbox 03/14/08
Arrived Chicago Lockbox 03/16/08
Checks Cashed for AOS fees 04/24/08
NOA1s received 04/25/08
Biometrics (spouse & 3 kids) 05/14/08
AOS transferred to CSC 05/23/08

Timeline
I know....not that I remember....hahaha!

Julez, thanks for the "RFE" advice!!! And thank God Pat didn't send it this morning!!!!! :D

I know Rae...there was nothing to worry about....but that's me....I worry about everything!!! I couldn't even focus on what I was doing before...I just kept think about the RFE in BIG LETTERS

:wacko::wacko::wacko:

Oh NO, Mirla!!!!!

Did you remember to tell him to write it in RED ink? What if he uses BLUE ink? I think I read somewhere around here that VSC takes the ones written in BLUE ink and just flushes them down the toilet. :devil::devil::devil::whistle:

K1 Visa Process
USPS Express Mail I-129F Package sent to USCIS VT Service Center 07/05/07
NOA-1 Received: Notice Date 07/11/07
NOA-2 Received: Notice Date 11/20/07
Medical conducted 12/21, 26, 28/07, 01/02/08
USEM Interview conducted 01/04/08
Visas picked up at USEM (request non-delivery) 01/08/08
Family (Mom & kids) arrive Washington, DC 01/13/08

AOS Process
USPS Priority Mail package to USCIS Chicago Lockbox 03/14/08
Arrived Chicago Lockbox 03/16/08
Checks Cashed for AOS fees 04/24/08
NOA1s received 04/25/08
Biometrics (spouse & 3 kids) 05/14/08
AOS transferred to CSC 05/23/08

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Okay guys help me out here!

I just got off the phone with NVC, and the woman told me our case had been forwarded to London already!

...What now?!

How can I track it? Can I even track it?

It is difficult to track without DHL's tracking number. However, it normally takes around 3 business days to get to the embassy. Forget NVC now and start calling DOS at 202-663-1225 x1, x0. They will be able to tell you if your package has been received at the embassy. Call them once a day until they receive it.

Actually, for those who wish to try tracking, I'll point you to this thread that was posted several days ago.....

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=98172

You know folks, you ought to get out and mingle a little. There is lots of interesting stuff out there. :D

And leave our "HOME"???? :blush: :blush: :wacko: :wacko: :blink: :blink:

Timeline

Howdy Everyone. Once again today, I thought I was going blind. Like last night's touch that led me to question my eyesight, the email this morning again made me do the same. My approval came in. Finally. Finally. Finally.

I am hoping, wishing and praying that this is a trend for us long waiters and that this step will be complete for all of us very, very soon.

I am off to work now where I cannot write to the forums but I am hoping for all of you.

Ciao!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mozambique
Timeline
Howdy Everyone. Once again today, I thought I was going blind. Like last night's touch that led me to question my eyesight, the email this morning again made me do the same. My approval came in. Finally. Finally. Finally.

I am hoping, wishing and praying that this is a trend for us long waiters and that this step will be complete for all of us very, very soon.

I am off to work now where I cannot write to the forums but I am hoping for all of you.

Ciao!!!

Congratulations!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance:

Omizo & Tusha

04/09/2008 - Send the AOS, EAD, AP

04/11/2008 - USCIS received my package

04/28/2008 - Money Order cashed

04/29/2008 - NOA for AOS+EAD+AP

05/02/2008 - Received Hardcopies of NOAs

05/20/2008 - Biometric (Fingerprint)

05/21/2008 - AOS & EAD touched

05/29/2008 - AOS tranfered to CSC

06/04/2008 - AOS touched

06/06/2008 - AOS touched

06/10/2008 - EAD approved

06/10/2008 - AP approved

06/19/2008 - AOS touched

07/22/2008 - Received CRIS e-mail (Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident)

07/23/2008 - AOS touched

07/25/2008 - Received

Filed: Country: Portugal
Timeline

Ciao!!!

Mycket bra!!!!! (forgive the spelling... been some years since I spent an internship in Sweden)

D's interview is today -- he said he's VERY NERVOUS!!!! I am too!!!!

Congratulations to all you Juners!!! Has VSC sped up or is time just flying by me, and I haven't realized it's already Dec.?

-G

NOA1 - May 18th

NOA2 - October 18th

NVC Received - Oct. 22

Packet 3 Received - Nov. 9

Interview - Nov. 27 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Interview Delayed until December 6th

K1 in hand - December 6th!!!!!!!!!!

Arrived in the U.S. - December 12th!

MARRIED December 17th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.