AnewKINDofFEELIN

Waiting on the VSC to make a decision?

2,459 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
Our Case Status Online system, processing times, and Change of Address Online system will be out-of-service for system upgrades from 9:30 PM Eastern time Friday December 7 until approximately 8:00 PM Monday December 12. In addition, our Search engine and Naturalization Self-Test will be unavailable due to scheduled maintenance on Sunday, Dec. 9 from midnight to 6 AM

Wait, does it say that? Monday is December 10, not 12.

I copied it right off of there website....but that does not surprise me since they do not seem to know the order of the months or how many days there are in 6 months

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Our Case Status Online system, processing times, and Change of Address Online system will be out-of-service for system upgrades from 9:30 PM Eastern time Friday December 7 until approximately 8:00 PM Monday December 12. In addition, our Search engine and Naturalization Self-Test will be unavailable due to scheduled maintenance on Sunday, Dec. 9 from midnight to 6 AM

I copied it right off of there website....but that does not surprise me since they do not seem to know the order of the months or how many days there are in 6 months

^ LOL

Conditions lifted 10 yr GC in hands since Feb. 2011!

...onto researching and studying to become a U.S Citizen.

Click here for our complete timeline

6Dqdm4.png

Filed: Country: Portugal
Timeline

This makes me angry. It is your Congressman's duty to stick up for your rights. Fax them the thing off the website saying 6 months and that this is total BS. Do the RFE trick to get through to a VSC officer who will realize that this WAY OUT of the processing time.

Make them answer to their own posted date. Your congressmen should be doing something for you at the least. If not, I have to admit, I would be so irate in your position, I would probably just threaten everyone with lawsuits. (ya don't wanna piss me off ... :) ).

Tell them the story of my father .... that _literally_ one can croak in the time it takes to get a visa. Now, he won't be there for my marriage because it took so long.

I feel for you because you're a May filer, and I really feel we got a raw deal. While I don't advocate becoming irate like me, because I'm not sure it would be productive, somehow channel your frustration into just demanding some results from your public servants.

Gail

For any May filers who have not heard anything yet, I truly recommend calling and complaining that they're past their 6 month deadline posted on the website. There is no excuse for >180 days. (not that there's one for over 90 days even).

well on top of 187 days of nothing....I guess I do not have to kill myself checking all weekend........I am dying

Oh I have called and written......congressman Senator's, omsbudsman, congressional liasons, newspapers, called t.v. stations and even went to the Department of homeland security and tried to make an appointment..........what everyone said is the same.....they answer to no one......When I called after I past my 180 days and 6 calender months I was told they are processing May 19......on November 14 was told they were processing May 24th...they went backwards so I am within there processing times.....which is not 6 months it is whatever they feel like......It sucks being in this situation with no recourse........I hope this does not happen to anyone else because this is killing me.........

NOA1 - May 18th

NOA2 - October 18th

NVC Received - Oct. 22

Packet 3 Received - Nov. 9

Interview - Nov. 27 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Interview Delayed until December 6th

K1 in hand - December 6th!!!!!!!!!!

Arrived in the U.S. - December 12th!

MARRIED December 17th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This makes me angry. It is your Congressman's duty to stick up for your rights. Fax them the thing off the website saying 6 months and that this is total BS. Do the RFE trick to get through to a VSC officer who will realize that this WAY OUT of the processing time.

Make them answer to their own posted date. Your congressmen should be doing something for you at the least. If not, I have to admit, I would be so irate in your position, I would probably just threaten everyone with lawsuits. (ya don't wanna piss me off ... :) ).

Tell them the story of my father .... that _literally_ one can croak in the time it takes to get a visa. Now, he won't be there for my marriage because it took so long.

I feel for you because you're a May filer, and I really feel we got a raw deal. While I don't advocate becoming irate like me, because I'm not sure it would be productive, somehow channel your frustration into just demanding some results from your public servants.

Gail

For any May filers who have not heard anything yet, I truly recommend calling and complaining that they're past their 6 month deadline posted on the website. There is no excuse for >180 days. (not that there's one for over 90 days even).

well on top of 187 days of nothing....I guess I do not have to kill myself checking all weekend........I am dying

Oh I have called and written......congressman Senator's, omsbudsman, congressional liasons, newspapers, called t.v. stations and even went to the Department of homeland security and tried to make an appointment..........what everyone said is the same.....they answer to no one......When I called after I past my 180 days and 6 calender months I was told they are processing May 19......on November 14 was told they were processing May 24th...they went backwards so I am within there processing times.....which is not 6 months it is whatever they feel like......It sucks being in this situation with no recourse........I hope this does not happen to anyone else because this is killing me.........

OsLoraTamm,

You might want to try the RFE trick but trick them a little bit. Dont enter your case number into the system, when you get to a live person, just tell them that you wanted some general info, ie, what is their current processing date. Every time I have called, even with several on the same day, I never get the same date twice. My guess is that they are looking at your case when you enter the case number and then backdating quickly to keep you under the 6 month timeline. If they dont know your case number, then they cant do that and you may be able to catch them in their lie.

Then you can get a pair of pliers, and a blow torch and get midevel on thier asses.

--- AOS Timeline ---

07/22/08 --- Mailed AOS packet to Chicago

07/25/08 --- NOA for I-131, I-485, and I-765

08/27/08 --- Biometrics

10/01/08 --- AP received

10/14/08 --- EAD received

11/13/08 --- Notice of transfer to CSC

02/09/09 --- Permanent Resident Card Ordered Notice

02/09/09 --- 2 Yr Permanent Resident Card Received

--- Lifting Conditions ---

11/10/10 --- Mailed I-751 packet to VSC

11/12/10 --- NOA1

12/22/10 --- Biometrics

03/15/11 --- RFE

05/10/11 --- Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

^ LOL

I wonder if this will be one of their updates. Please note as you read this that I was logged in under the "Customer Account." I think they are tired of me checking for a change, if they would just approve and give the NOA2, I wouldn't keep checking so much :innocent: Luckily this happened a few days ago, and I was able to access it from home that evening.

It was reported to us that your IP address or internet gateway has been locked out for a select period of time. This is due to an unusually high rate of use. In order to avoid this issue please take this opportunity to create a Customer account (single applicant) or a Representative account (representing many individuals, such as lawyers, charitable groups, or corporations). Each account allows you to generate a Portfolio of receipt numbers. Building a portfolio containing your receipt number(s) eliminates your need to manually enter the receipt number and extract each case status. You will automatically be emailed changes to each case as updates occur. This email notification will occur within 12 to 24 hours of any progress made for every receipt number contained in your portfolio. There is no lockout feature associated with your portfolio and there is no wasted time on your part checking a receipt number where no advancement has been made.

C

Our Visa Journey

July 27, 2007: Sent I129f to Texas Service Center

July 28, 2007: TSC received, and forwarded application to VSC

August 21, 2007: NOA1 Issued (an entire months delay)

November 14, 2007: Touched (after calling VSC for correction of spelling of last name on application)

November 15, 2007: Touched

December 31, 2007: APPROVED!!! 157 days!

January 1, 2008: Touched

January 2, 2008: Touched

January 3, 2008: Touched

January 3, 2008: NVC Received from USCIS

January 8, 2008: NVC sent to Embassy in Copenhagen

January 10, 2008 Embassy receives packet from NVC

January 19, 2008 Received packet in Tx for Peter

January 21, 2008 Overnighted packet to Peter

January 29, 2008 Medical

February 21, 2008 Interview

February 29, 2008 Email received that Visa is being mailed today!

March 8, 2008 Peter arrives in Houston

March 29, 2008 Our Wedding Day!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am completely excited, yet feeling a bit guilty to post this... but...

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: EACxxxxxxxxxx

Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On December 6, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

I am thrilled that we're getting closer to being together, but I truly feel for those of you who are still waiting. I'm praying it won't be much longer for you guys too!

Alf & Christy’s Journey

4/05/2005 - I met the love of my life

11/21/2006 - First meeting in person <3 (Alf in Kentucky)

5/21/2007 - Second meeting in person (Alf in Kentucky)

5/30/2007 - First trip to Vancouver! (Christy in Canada)

6/13/2007 - Beautiful, romantic proposal :)

7/26/2007 – Application mailed to VSC

04/07/08 - INTERVIEW!!!! @1pm - APPROVED!! :))

04/09/2008 - Moving day!!

04/10/2008 - Alf will finally be home!

05/31/2008 - Wedding! :)http://www.flickr.com/photos/ctrubenbach

The journey continues...

09/10/2008 - Mailed AOS package

09/16/2008 - NOA1 received (all 3)

09/25/2008 - Biometrics letter

10/02/2008 - Case transferred to CSC

10/09/2008 - Biometrics Appointment

11/26/2008 - EAD Card production ordered/AP approved!! :)

12/04/2008 - AP documents received

12/06/2008 - EAD Card in hand!

12/08/2008 - Applied for SSN

02/10/2009 - Social Security card *finally* received

02/23/2009 - Notice of Welcome Letter sent!! :D

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

On December 6, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

I am thrilled that we're getting closer to being together, but I truly feel for those of you who are still waiting. I'm praying it won't be much longer for you guys too!

Hooray!!! Congrats!!! :dancing:

And don't feel guilty!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Congratulations!!!! I am so happy for you!!!

*checks email and then case status online...again*

C.

Edited by Peter+Colleen

Our Visa Journey

July 27, 2007: Sent I129f to Texas Service Center

July 28, 2007: TSC received, and forwarded application to VSC

August 21, 2007: NOA1 Issued (an entire months delay)

November 14, 2007: Touched (after calling VSC for correction of spelling of last name on application)

November 15, 2007: Touched

December 31, 2007: APPROVED!!! 157 days!

January 1, 2008: Touched

January 2, 2008: Touched

January 3, 2008: Touched

January 3, 2008: NVC Received from USCIS

January 8, 2008: NVC sent to Embassy in Copenhagen

January 10, 2008 Embassy receives packet from NVC

January 19, 2008 Received packet in Tx for Peter

January 21, 2008 Overnighted packet to Peter

January 29, 2008 Medical

February 21, 2008 Interview

February 29, 2008 Email received that Visa is being mailed today!

March 8, 2008 Peter arrives in Houston

March 29, 2008 Our Wedding Day!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks so much!

I haven't posted much since I joined, but this site (and of course all of you) has/have been a lifesaver to me. It helped so much to read your posts and know we aren't the only people in the world in love and far apart.

Alf & Christy’s Journey

4/05/2005 - I met the love of my life

11/21/2006 - First meeting in person <3 (Alf in Kentucky)

5/21/2007 - Second meeting in person (Alf in Kentucky)

5/30/2007 - First trip to Vancouver! (Christy in Canada)

6/13/2007 - Beautiful, romantic proposal :)

7/26/2007 – Application mailed to VSC

04/07/08 - INTERVIEW!!!! @1pm - APPROVED!! :))

04/09/2008 - Moving day!!

04/10/2008 - Alf will finally be home!

05/31/2008 - Wedding! :)http://www.flickr.com/photos/ctrubenbach

The journey continues...

09/10/2008 - Mailed AOS package

09/16/2008 - NOA1 received (all 3)

09/25/2008 - Biometrics letter

10/02/2008 - Case transferred to CSC

10/09/2008 - Biometrics Appointment

11/26/2008 - EAD Card production ordered/AP approved!! :)

12/04/2008 - AP documents received

12/06/2008 - EAD Card in hand!

12/08/2008 - Applied for SSN

02/10/2009 - Social Security card *finally* received

02/23/2009 - Notice of Welcome Letter sent!! :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Congrats to all those approved!!!! Come on service centers lets clear out the rest of May...any Aprils Junes...come one guys

“Hold on to the center and make up your mind to rejoice in this paradise called life.” ~ Lao-tzu

4374690_bodyshot_175x233_1205371236499.gif4572850_bodyshot_175x233.gif

I haven't posted much since I joined, but this site (and of course all of you) has/have been a lifesaver to me. It helped so much to read your posts and know we aren't the only people in the world in love and far apart.

They knew you were lurking there. Eagle eye Julezabelle sees everything :ph34r: and reports it to the other members of the Supreme Monobrowic Council. :secret: It's lucky you spoke up when you did because I heard a rumor they were making plans to turn you into a new muppet slave to serve StillThePrettiest. She wore out the last one. :P

Congratulations on your approval. :)

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

My Favorite Links & Threads:

CSC & VSC K1 & K3 Recent approvals

Colombia Club Part 1 & Colombia Club Part 2

RFE List Learn from others' mistakes.

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Thanks so much!

Woo-hoo!

Congratulations! Glad to see someone got approved today!

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Booooooo... :angry:

Oh wait... that's true... that means i don't have to check the website all weekend... B)

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

They knew you were lurking there. Eagle eye Julezabelle sees everything :ph34r: and reports it to the other members of the Supreme Monobrowic Council. :secret: It's lucky you spoke up when you did because I heard a rumor they were making plans to turn you into a new muppet slave to serve StillThePrettiest. She wore out the last one. :P

Congratulations on your approval. :)

:o Bill, I have no idea what you're talking about! :whistle:

Excuse me now, I have some business to attend to. :ph34r:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Congratulations!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.