AnewKINDofFEELIN

Waiting on the VSC to make a decision?

2,459 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I need to vent....

I haven't been on here in a bit... everything just going along smoothly and I had no updates to share. But now I'm just plain frustrated and I'm looking for some ideas.

Last Wednesday I shipped all my documents to my fiance for his interview. I made copies everything before shipping it off. I sent him originals of my boarding passes, birth certificate, receipts of when I was in India visiting last, bank letter, employer letter, pay stubs, w-2's etc.

Well... the box is now officially lost! I mailed it through the United States Postal Service Global Express Guaranteed (via Fed Ex). The post office knows they accpted the package from me, but has no idea what happened to it. Fed Ex has no account of receiving the package.

My fiance's interview is not until April, but I don't know how to get some of the originals (i.e. pay stubs, w-2's, boarding passes and receipts).

I feel like just sitting down and crying. I feel like this process has taken a long time already and has so many hiccups.

Anyone with advice?

We have a lawyer that hasn't been worth his salt. He went crazy when I told him that I sent him originals. I had to point out to him that the packet 4 asked us for them.

Our Timeline

August 2000 - We meet both working for Habitat for Humanity International, we shared a cubical, passion for the mission and love for each other

2000 - 2006 - We dated and lived in various places near and far from each other

2006 - We decided we should get married

August 2006 - He went home to work on his lifelong passion of HIV/AIDS research

February 2007 - I visited India to meet all the family

June 29, 2007 - Mailed our I-129F

July 6, 2007 - Received our NOA1

November 17, 2007 - Received our NOA2

April 4, 2008 - Interview

May 24, 2008 - Wedding Day

Check for the latest updates in K1 visa timelines

Waiting for a NOA2 from VSC? Check out this discussion group

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

I need to vent....

I haven't been on here in a bit... everything just going along smoothly and I had no updates to share. But now I'm just plain frustrated and I'm looking for some ideas.

Last Wednesday I shipped all my documents to my fiance for his interview. I made copies everything before shipping it off. I sent him originals of my boarding passes, birth certificate, receipts of when I was in India visiting last, bank letter, employer letter, pay stubs, w-2's etc.

Well... the box is now officially lost! I mailed it through the United States Postal Service Global Express Guaranteed (via Fed Ex). The post office knows they accpted the package from me, but has no idea what happened to it. Fed Ex has no account of receiving the package.

My fiance's interview is not until April, but I don't know how to get some of the originals (i.e. pay stubs, w-2's, boarding passes and receipts).

I feel like just sitting down and crying. I feel like this process has taken a long time already and has so many hiccups.

Anyone with advice?

We have a lawyer that hasn't been worth his salt. He went crazy when I told him that I sent him originals. I had to point out to him that the packet 4 asked us for them.

Our Timeline

August 2000 - We meet both working for Habitat for Humanity International, we shared a cubical, passion for the mission and love for each other

Timeline

I need to vent....

Anyone with advice?

sorry guys.... something wacky was going on with my computer. And now I don't know how to delete my multiple posts.

Our Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
I need to vent....

Anyone with advice?

sorry guys.... something wacky was going on with my computer. And now I don't know how to delete my multiple posts.

Did you ship it using the flat rate box from USPS? I too shipped my fiance all the important docs using them and even though they say 6-10 days...that is a joke. Once it left here there was no way I could track it. The last statement on the tracking was that it left some sorting facility in NJ for international something or other. The thing with using USPS is that it stays in customs forever. My fiance got my information a month after I sent it.

That is just my experience. I don't know about the specifics when sending to India. It may be the same.

Hang in there :)

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Congratulations Steph!!!

Thanks! I extended my trip so I will be there for the interview. He will follow a few days after I leave!!!! WOOHOOOO

6.4.07-Sent application

6.18.07-NOA1 Hard Copy

6.24.07-Touched

9.7.07-Left for England

9.16.07-Returned from England. :(

10.18.07-Leave for England

10.21.07-Back from England. :(

11.15.07-Leave for England

11.19.07-Back from England :(

12.4.07-Touched again!

12.5.07-RFE issued

12.12.07-Received RFE letter

12.14.07-Received final divorce decree for RFE

12.14.07-Overnighted RFE & evidence for Monday delivery.

12.18.07-Touched. RFE was recieved and processing resumed

12.19.07-Touched

12.20.07-Touched

12.22.07-Leave for England

1.2.08-Return from England

1.2.08-Touched

1.2.08-APPROVED, NOA2

1.7.08-Received NOA2 hardcopy in the mail

1.7.08-NVC received paperwork

1.9.08-NVC forwarded paperwork to Consulate

1.14.08-Consulate received petition

1.15.08-Received packet 3 info

1.18.08-Mailed back packet 3 forms to Consulate

1.30.08-Packet 3 approved and processed

2.1.08-Medical exam

2.15.08-Leave for England

2.21.08-Interview

2.23.08-Return from England

2.26.08-Darren recieved Visa in the mail

2.28.08-Darren arrives to the U.S.!!!!!!!!!!!!

3.15.08-Got Married!!!!

I-485

4.14.08-Filed form

5.13.08-Received receipt

6.4.08-Biometrics appointment

I-765

4.14.08-Filed Form

5.13.08-Received receipt

Timeline

I actually shipped it in a larger box with Christmas packages (yes I know it's February...).

It's not so much the not getting to my fiance yet part that I'm worried about. It's the fact that the tracking number that I was given only shows "accepted" and Fed Ex claims the postal service never has given them the package.

I've visited the local post office yesterday and they claimed they sent it to a central processing center. The local post office agrees that the box is lost. :crying:

I have to say that I am happy that this was to be transferred to Fed Ex. They have called me each morning with an update. Of course the update is to tell me it's still lost, but still I think that's nice.

Ironicly I put all the things in a Staples box that read "That was Easy!"

Our Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Congratulations Steph!!!

Thanks! I extended my trip so I will be there for the interview. He will follow a few days after I leave!!!! WOOHOOOO

Woooo-hooo!!! :dance::dance:

Here's wishing you lots of luck!

hz

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Timeline

Well, I never trusted USPS I sent two boxes by EZmailing services to Delhi they reached within three days, also I kept all the copies just in case some thing happens? about your boarding passes, if you have eticket you can always print the irenary, if not you can call the air lines or an agent to give you some sort of itenary which you can submit and explain to CO as to what happend? W-2's and employer's letter you can get it again.

Edited by cuteprince

Timeline
Congratulations Steph!!!

Woooo-hooo!!! :dance::dance:

Here's wishing you lots of luck!

hz

Thanks!!! :thumbs: I can't believe I am almost done with this stuff!

6.4.07-Sent application

6.18.07-NOA1 Hard Copy

6.24.07-Touched

9.7.07-Left for England

9.16.07-Returned from England. :(

10.18.07-Leave for England

10.21.07-Back from England. :(

11.15.07-Leave for England

11.19.07-Back from England :(

12.4.07-Touched again!

12.5.07-RFE issued

12.12.07-Received RFE letter

12.14.07-Received final divorce decree for RFE

12.14.07-Overnighted RFE & evidence for Monday delivery.

12.18.07-Touched. RFE was recieved and processing resumed

12.19.07-Touched

12.20.07-Touched

12.22.07-Leave for England

1.2.08-Return from England

1.2.08-Touched

1.2.08-APPROVED, NOA2

1.7.08-Received NOA2 hardcopy in the mail

1.7.08-NVC received paperwork

1.9.08-NVC forwarded paperwork to Consulate

1.14.08-Consulate received petition

1.15.08-Received packet 3 info

1.18.08-Mailed back packet 3 forms to Consulate

1.30.08-Packet 3 approved and processed

2.1.08-Medical exam

2.15.08-Leave for England

2.21.08-Interview

2.23.08-Return from England

2.26.08-Darren recieved Visa in the mail

2.28.08-Darren arrives to the U.S.!!!!!!!!!!!!

3.15.08-Got Married!!!!

I-485

4.14.08-Filed form

5.13.08-Received receipt

I-765

4.14.08-Filed Form

5.13.08-Received receipt

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

I know this is not the right forum to post this in, but the AOS one has soooooooooooooooooooooo many posts, it's impossible to get any information, so maybe someone here might know.

My package was received last Tuesday, but the check still hasn't been cashed. Any idea how long NOA1's are taking with AOS currently??

Again, sorry for posting in the wrong forum, the others are just too cluttered. :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
I know this is not the right forum to post this in, but the AOS one has soooooooooooooooooooooo many posts, it's impossible to get any information, so maybe someone here might know.

My package was received last Tuesday, but the check still hasn't been cashed. Any idea how long NOA1's are taking with AOS currently??

Again, sorry for posting in the wrong forum, the others are just too cluttered. :thumbs:

People seem to be getting them pretty quickly but I have no idea about the wait :)

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I think that the box is not truly lost but USPS & Fedex are unable to determine where exactly it is even thought it might be safely on its way.

In my case I was unwilling use USPS and luckily some relatives were flying to Mumbai in December'07 and I sent the package with them.

I would give it another week before starting to assemble another packet. You will have to include a written & signed statement stating that certain irreplaceable originals were lost during shipment and include your USPS receipt to back up that claim. I beleive apart from your boading passes & receipts, all others docs like employment letter, bank letter can be replaced.

This has been a hard process for all of us and these setbacks only add to the misery. But take heart, you are almost there.

K-1 Visa
06/12/07 - Filed
06/15/07 - NOA1 (Receipt Date)
12/03/07 - NOA2 (Approval Date)
12/07/07 - NVC Received
12/10/07 - NVC Left
12/17/07 - Consulate Received
12/31/07 - Packet 3 Received
01/07/08 - Packet 3 Sent
01/10/08 - Packet 4 Received
03/05/08 - Interview (visa approved)
03/06/08 - Visa Arrived (by courier)
03/27/08 - US Entry
04/10/08 - Marriage

AOS
05/09/08 - Filed
05/16/08 - NOA1 (Receipt Date)
06/04/08 - Biometrics
06/24/08 - Transfer to CSC
10/21/08 - RFE for Medical Exam I-693
11/13/08 - Mailed fresh medical report
11/18/08 - Case processing resumed
12/04/08 - Card Production Ordered
12/04/08 - Welcome Notice
12/08/08 - Approval Notice

Remove Conditions
09/01/10 - Filed
09/07/10 - NOA1 (Receipt Date)
10/19/10 - Biometrics
12/10/10 - Card Production Ordered

Naturalization

04/29/15 - Filed

05/09/15 - NOA

05/27/15 - Biometrics

08/27/15 - Interview

09/22/15 - Oath Taking

Timeline

We are approved!!!!!!! We got an email from CRIS today, our approval notice has been sent!!! :dance: Go VSC!

I actually thought I'd never see the day...

Now the next chapter of the journey...

Yay!!!

I need to vent....

Anyone with advice?

You shouldnt need originals of any of that stuff, other than the notarized and signed I-134. The boarding passes and W-2's, paystubs, all that can be copies. It will cost an arm and a leg, but go to UPS or Fedex directly and have it sent with a tracking number. It is what I did, and the extra money is worth it for my peace of mind.

--- AOS Timeline ---

07/22/08 --- Mailed AOS packet to Chicago

07/25/08 --- NOA for I-131, I-485, and I-765

08/27/08 --- Biometrics

10/01/08 --- AP received

10/14/08 --- EAD received

11/13/08 --- Notice of transfer to CSC

02/09/09 --- Permanent Resident Card Ordered Notice

02/09/09 --- 2 Yr Permanent Resident Card Received

--- Lifting Conditions ---

11/10/10 --- Mailed I-751 packet to VSC

11/12/10 --- NOA1

12/22/10 --- Biometrics

03/15/11 --- RFE

05/10/11 --- Approved

We are approved!!!!!!! We got an email from CRIS today, our approval notice has been sent!!! :dance: Go VSC!

I actually thought I'd never see the day...

Now the next chapter of the journey...

Yay!!!

CONGRATS!!!! Seeing approvals always give me hope coz it means they are indeed working :dance: :dance: :dance:

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.