JA Tam

Physical Green card

196 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Cowgirl,

Waited the stated 30days from May 15th 2007 then rang them, told to re-file 1-90, did this without fee as I had never received GC, letter sent back saying re-file and pay $260, then by the time I had the money went up to $370, filed in Sept 2007, had biometrics done again (they have a lot of biometrics and pics of me), still waiting.

yes you did your bit

info pass ! then another and then another if need be.....

good luck times 10

moresheep400100.jpg

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cowgirl,

Waited the stated 30days from May 15th 2007 then rang them, told to re-file 1-90, did this without fee as I had never received GC, letter sent back saying re-file and pay $260, then by the time I had the money went up to $370, filed in Sept 2007, had biometrics done again (they have a lot of biometrics and pics of me), still waiting.

yes you did your bit

good luck times 10

Hey Alan,

any news re: green card?

On my front nothing new :angry:

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Timeline
Cowgirl,

yes you did your bit

good luck times 10

Hey Alan,

any news re: green card?

On my front nothing new :angry:

YES NEWS

my buddy in Georgia says it has arrived at his house..

problem - he is at a conference in florida and is not home until the weekend so cant send me a scan of it

so i can't check whether the info is correct

I simply cannot celebrate until i see it and check it as I know the let down it will cause

ss people called me and said they had put the application in again and this time it cleared and i have should have my ss card within 2 weeks.(applied dec 3)

good job i had a card from last time otherwise no driver's license /bank accounts/credit cards/mutual funds/brokers accounts - I would have been stuck for 3 months

I just CANNOT feel good about the card and I cannot believe it until I see it...

an unbeliever - thats what the uscis has made out of me..

roll on saturday - i am driving to georgia 1100 miles round trip rather than trusting the mail. They have lost 3 bank letters i sent in 3 weeks to different banks - I bet they are still wondering where the ISLE OF MAN is - they probably think its somewhere in the garden of eden - i did put UK but they probably think that is short for 'UnKnown'

now I must...you got it... WAIT !

alan

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Update on my Green card replacement, Wednesday letter of approval received, if no card after 30 days contact USCIS,

Thursday went into town for the mail, quess what??? My Green Card, at last, good now for 10 years. Friday in the mail two more approval notices dated same date as the first one, from same office. Who is the crazy one?.

Hoep everyone else who is waiting for 2yr or 10yr card is successful in the very near future. My journey has been full of problems, but we are sorted now. :thumbs:

Edited by cowgirl

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Wow...congratulations to everyone who finally got their GC's. For all those who are still waiting, I hope that the USCIS can finally sort their mess out!!!

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Timeline
Hi everyone,

Update on my Green card replacement, Wednesday letter of approval received, if no card after 30 days contact USCIS,

Thursday went into town for the mail, quess what??? My Green Card, at last, good now for 10 years. Friday in the mail two more approval notices dated same date as the first one, from same office. Who is the crazy one?.

Hoep everyone else who is waiting for 2yr or 10yr card is successful in the very near future. My journey has been full of problems, but we are sorted now. :thumbs:

Cowgirl I am so pleased for you..

One way or another, I have been dealing withthe USCIS since January 2005 and I feel exhausted and demoralised some.

Today I should find out if the GC that arrived at my pal's house in Atlanta is correct (he will email an image)

Then I can celebrate.

So by tea time today I hope to be in the same position as you with a 100% correct 10 year GC.

I will drive up to Atlanta for a boys night out and become as drunk as a lord.. Then I have to shake off all this sadness and disappointment and anxiety which has been a part of my life for so long. It has become a part of me now and it will take a while to shed the 'temporary' feeling

But cowgirl - it's all over ! Good on you. Now we need another project eh ? nature abhors a vacuum and we will soon find something else to strive for (It won't be immigrating ANYWHERE !)

best wishes

alan

moresheep400100.jpg

Hi everyone,

Congratulations Cowgirl!!! You must be glad it's all over!

Alan - looking forward to hearing confirmation from your friend that you've got it.

DCF London

24 May 2007: Married

28 June 2007: I-130 Sent

3 July 2007: Embassy takes payment

4 September 2007: Still received no NOA1, Embassy in email confirms that I-130 was filed on 3 July

14 September 2007: NOA2

24 September 2007: Received Packet 3

26 September 2007: Sent off DS-230 (part I) and checklist

9 October 2007: Medical

24 October 2007: Interview - APPROVED

9 November 2007: POE - JFK

15 January 2008: Green Card received in the post

Removing Conditions

19 August 2009: Posted 1-751

21 August 2009: 1-751 Receipt Notice

25 September 2009: Biometrics Appointment

14 October 2008: Email from USCIS saying 10 year GC ordered.

Timeline
Hi everyone,

Congratulations Cowgirl!!! You must be glad it's all over!

Alan - looking forward to hearing confirmation from your friend that you've got it.

Got the GC scan from my pal in Atlanta

IT IS ALL CORRECT ! I MEAN EVERY DETAIL IS CORRECT - it's only a little card but I have looked at it 5 times and blown it up with photoshop and I cannot find anything wrong

MY GC EXISTS !!!!!!

NO WAY will I let him mail it to me - I am going to drive my V6 1100 miles round trip to Georgia to collect it from him in person and to hell with the planet's future !

Phew well a journey that started with K1 in January 2005 is ended at last - I am FINISHED with the USCIS for 10 years (apart from online change of address sometimes)

Now I just have to get over the post traumatic stress and I am not kidding.

This would have been totally impossible without VJ and the perspective it gives and the shared info was simply unique.

Immigration lawyers are an absolute waste of time and VJ is billions of times more help.

ok I will will lay down and quiver for a week or so then I shall return to lend a hand...

alan

moresheep400100.jpg

IT IS ALL CORRECT ! I MEAN EVERY DETAIL IS CORRECT - it's only a little card but I have looked at it 5 times and blown it up with photoshop and I cannot find anything wrong

MY GC EXISTS !!!!!!

NO WAY will I let him mail it to me - I am going to drive my V6 1100 miles round trip to Georgia to collect it from him in person and to hell with the planet's future !

Phew well a journey that started with K1 in January 2005 is ended at last - I am FINISHED with the USCIS for 10 years (apart from online change of address sometimes)

This would have been totally impossible without VJ and the perspective it gives and the shared info was simply unique.

Immigration lawyers are an absolute waste of time and VJ is billions of times more help.

ok I will will lay down and quiver for a week or so then I shall return to lend a hand...

alan

Brilliant news Alan!! Yep, have a good quiver and then see you back on VJ when you're good and rested.

DCF London

24 May 2007: Married

28 June 2007: I-130 Sent

3 July 2007: Embassy takes payment

4 September 2007: Still received no NOA1, Embassy in email confirms that I-130 was filed on 3 July

14 September 2007: NOA2

24 September 2007: Received Packet 3

26 September 2007: Sent off DS-230 (part I) and checklist

9 October 2007: Medical

24 October 2007: Interview - APPROVED

9 November 2007: POE - JFK

15 January 2008: Green Card received in the post

Removing Conditions

19 August 2009: Posted 1-751

21 August 2009: 1-751 Receipt Notice

25 September 2009: Biometrics Appointment

14 October 2008: Email from USCIS saying 10 year GC ordered.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Congratulations to both Cowgirl and Alan and all the others who got the GC!!! You finally made it to the end of the Journey!

Well, I have some news as well. On friday my brother in law (who lives in Kansas) called us and told us 2 welcome letters had arrived for me, but no GC yet... So much for the change of address, it went to the old address (the same as in your case Alan), so I figure out they are not working to hard trying to update their system. If everything goes like I have been seeing here I should receive my GC shortly. The welcome letter was postdated on the 16th January. And as you, Alan, I won't have him mail me the card, no way, it is too dangerous. I will either pick it up personally or do a fedex super-safe mailing, we will see...

Will keep you posted, I am glad to hear all these good news.

Kitten

Timeline
Congratulations to both Cowgirl and Alan and all the others who got the GC!!! You finally made it to the end of the Journey!

Well, I have some news as well. On friday my brother in law (who lives in Kansas) called us and told us 2 welcome letters had arrived for me, but no GC yet... So much for the change of address, it went to the old address (the same as in your case Alan), so I figure out they are not working to hard trying to update their system. If everything goes like I have been seeing here I should receive my GC shortly. The welcome letter was postdated on the 16th January. And as you, Alan, I won't have him mail me the card, no way, it is too dangerous. I will either pick it up personally or do a fedex super-safe mailing, we will see...

Will keep you posted, I am glad to hear all these good news.

Kitten

Good stuff Kitten it's really close now...

Weird that we really fear it being lost at the very final step ..

I am so unsuperstitious normally - but no I won't trust the mail at this stage ..

So I will drive to Georgia and we will have a blitz of a booze up and ask the restaurant for a candle and then we can have the official hand over (keeping it away from the candle)

I am sat wondering about my pal's house house burning down or getting burgled before I can go and get it !

Anyway it's dated to expire 10 years after they issue it and not 10 years after the POE date so thats good news..

After all the ducking and diving over the last 3 years it's great to be at the end

all the times we had to meet in Toronto or live in lancashire (yuk) ..all behind us..

England is still there and a USC can visit for 6 months, so when Carolyn retires we can have a caravan in the Yorkshire Dales for the hot hurricane season in summer... yep it's looking good..

Would I have embarked on this had I known 3 years ago about the stress ? Good question....

Easy to yes at the end of it !

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

MY GC EXISTS !!!!!!

alan

:lol: :lol: Congratulations Alan...I am excited that your mind has been out at ease. Congrats on getting the 10yr GC!!! :thumbs:

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Update: things seem to be moving... I received a letter from a congressman that has an attachment to it - a print out of our case worker's email - in which TSC is saying that I need to refile I-90B (with NO fees) - their exact words black on white and to send the supporting documents to their address.

I hope this will work, I'm going to mail everything Monday morning!!! :dance::dance:

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Timeline
Update: things seem to be moving... I received a letter from a congressman that has an attachment to it - a print out of our case worker's email - in which TSC is saying that I need to refile I-90B (with NO fees) - their exact words black on white and to send the supporting documents to their address.

I hope this will work, I'm going to mail everything Monday morning!!! :dance::dance:

Sounds good !

Just shows what you have to go through !

anyway lets hope they get the foot on the gas...

I would send a covering letter with copies of the congessman's letter.. just to let em know you have friends in high places !

alan

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

That's a start. I am so happy for you! I hope you get your GC in hand very soon!!! :dancing:

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.