alto.d.

Filed I-130 form to VSC on August 9, 07 and no receipt yet :(

30 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hello Everyone,

I got married on July 26, 07 in Istanbul and I filed I-130 form for my wife to VSC on August 9, 07. As of today December 2, 07, I haven't got the receipt "I-797" yet...and my check is not cashed either, going CRAZY!!! here. I am aware of the back log but I need that receipt I-797 to be able to file I-129F for my wife, that's what I am reading in the instructions.

My question here is, do I really need the I-797 to submit the I-129F?? When I called USCIS they said yes but here on the forum I read some discussions saying that I-129F can be filed without the receipt, together with I-130, is that true?? Another question.... Is that 4 months we waited count towards the approval time? or time starts when the receipt is mailed? if that ever gets mailed any time soon :(

I filed I-130 on Oct 2, and filed I-129f with just a copy of the check and a copy of the I-130, and managed to get an NOA1. Still have not heard about the I-130.

we did the same. We filed the I-129f with a copy of the check.

I-130:

05/26/07: Mailed USPS; 05/31/07: Priority Date established
09/13/07: Received NOA1 (PD 5/31, RD 5/31, ND 9/10, PM 9/11)
11/15/07: Case Approved
11/20/07: Received NOA2 by mail (PD 5/31, RD 6/9, ND 11/15, PM 11/19)

I-129F:
06/27/07: Mailed USPS; 07/09/07: Received NOA1 (PD N/A, RD 7/2, ND 7/6, PM 7/6)
11/20/07: Received NOA2 by mail (PD N/A, RD 7/6, ND 11/15, PM 11/19)
12/10/07: NVC Received case (12/24/07: Received Packet 3 in the mail)
01/02/08: Email from consulate. Interview scheduled on 01/23. Interview letter in the mail.
01/23/08: Interview in Vancouver Approved
01/24/08: K-3 Visa granted

I-485/I-765 (AOS/EAD):
02/22/08: Mailed USPS; 03/03/08: Received both I-797C NOAs by mail (RD 2/24, ND 2/29, PM 2/29)
03/19/08: Biometrics
05/07/08: EAD card received
07/28/08: Interview Notice Received. (ND 7/23)
09/29/08: Interview - Approved Class CR6

10/18/08: Received welcome letter; 10/23/08: Received Conditional Permanent Resident Card (PM 10/21)

I-751 (Remove Condition)

07/01/10: Mailed USPS
07/16/10: Received I-797C NOA by mail (RD 7/12)
07/29/10: Biometrics Appt Scheduled for 08/19/10 (ND 7/26)

09/16/10: Condition lifted and Permanent Resident Card Printed

09/25/10: Permanent Resident Card received

N-400 (Citizenship):
03/03/14: Mailed USPS
03/15/14: Received I-797C NOA by mail (PD 3/6, RD 3/06, ND 3/10)
03/17/14: Biometrics Appt Scheduled for 03/27/14 (ND 3/13)

04/03/14: Placed inline for interview scheduling

06/04/14: Interview Notice Received with Interview scheduled for 7/8. (ND 6/4)

07/08/14: Interview + RFE. Response Mailed 7/12. Website updated on 8/21 that response received. 8/25 Placed in queue for oath.

09/05/14: Oath Ceremony Letter Received (ND 9/2)

09/17/14: Oath Ceremony / Naturalized

PD = Priority Date, RD= Receipt Date, ND = Notice Date, PM = Post Marked

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline
To C and J.. Thanks for the info first of all..

But they didn't even started processing the I-130 yet, it is just sitting on the shelf. What could be the risk sending the I-129F now???

Alto-

There are many of us that sent both applications together and some of us have lawyers and it is becoming a standard practice. AS LONG AS U HAVE RECEIPT OF DELIVERY there should be no problem.

I am still dumbfounded that they sent it back, and more even dumbounded that they had the time to find it.

Hang on hun

Cheers

Susie

I'm thinking of firing off my I129, as it has been together and waiting for 4 months for a reciept.

I have the certified mail from the post office receipt and a printout verifying it as recieve on the date form St. Albans Vermonth (VSC). What the hell, can't hurt right? I wish I'd have fired this off sooner.

everything sucks SO ficking bad. Like being on a life prison sentence with no idea of if parole comes up in 1 2, 10 or 20 years. All so unfair to my wife.

I totally agree with you HOHOHO. Atleast sitting here we know what the problem is. What are we suppose to tell our spouses? Its not fair to them at all. This process has been the worst experience so far. My wedding anniversary is on 10th of December and no news of Receipt Updates at all...

Timeline

New updates on Receipts from USCIS

As of December 7, 2007, USCIS has completed initial data entry and issued receipt notices for applications and petitions received on or before the dates indicated:

California Service Center

Form Number Date Received

I-130* 8/30/2007

I-751 11/18/2007

All Other Forms Current

*All I-130s received after the indicated date have been forwarded to USCIS Chicago Lockbox for data entry.

Nebraska Service Center

All Forms Current

Texas Service Center

I-485 Employment

Based 11/29/2007

N-400 7/30/2007

All Other Forms Current

Vermont Service Center

I-130* 7/29/2007

N-400 10/02/2007

All Other Forms 11/27/2007

*All I-130s received after the indicated date have been forwarded to USCIS Chicago Lockbox for data entry.

USCIS Lockbox

TPS Current

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

What really makes me upset is.. I have friends who are here with a work visa H1 etc.. They can just go to the US consulate in their country and get a visa for their wifes and husbands "one day process" which is totally fine and that's how it suppose to be, everybody should be with their husbands and wifes!!! good for them. But us US CITIZENS have to wait almost a year or so to be able bring our wifes and husbands.

Anyways, now I see all I-130s forwarded to Chicago Lockbox I hope it is a good sign and everything is going to move faster now... keep your fingers crossed !!!

Timeline
What really makes me upset is.. I have friends who are here with a work visa H1 etc.. They can just go to the US consulate in their country and get a visa for their wifes and husbands "one day process" which is totally fine and that's how it suppose to be, everybody should be with their husbands and wifes!!! good for them. But us US CITIZENS have to wait almost a year or so to be able bring our wifes and husbands.

Anyways, now I see all I-130s forwarded to Chicago Lockbox I hope it is a good sign and everything is going to move faster now... keep your fingers crossed !!!

Chicago Lockbox is really a good thing?I dunno man!

Timeline

Chicago Lockbox is really a good thing?I dunno man!

Has anyone received any receipt notice from Vermont Service Center for month of August? I filed on 20th Aug and so far not a damn thing! Am i the only one here for Vermont?

Timeline
I filed mine on August 9 and nothing!!!! Unfortunately you are not the only one... maybe I should write the year which is 2007, since 2008 around the corner..

Had my marriage anniversary today. Dont know what should i tell my wife. Poor soul has been waiting n waiting patiently, not fair to her.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

But they didn't even started processing the I-130 yet, it is just sitting on the shelf. What could be the risk sending the I-129F now???

Alto-

There are many of us that sent both applications together and some of us have lawyers and it is becoming a standard practice. AS LONG AS U HAVE RECEIPT OF DELIVERY there should be no problem.

I am still dumbfounded that they sent it back, and more even dumbounded that they had the time to find it.

Hang on hun

Cheers

Susie

I'm thinking of firing off my I129, as it has been together and waiting for 4 months for a reciept.

I have the certified mail from the post office receipt and a printout verifying it as recieve on the date form St. Albans Vermonth (VSC). What the hell, can't hurt right? I wish I'd have fired this off sooner.

everything sucks SO ficking bad. Like being on a life prison sentence with no idea of if parole comes up in 1 2, 10 or 20 years. All so unfair to my wife.

Hello,

HOHOHO mentioned sending in with the I129 the post office receipt and a printout verifying it as recieved on the date form St. Albans, Vermont (VSC). What exactly is this printout? How can I get one? I have the regular receipt from the post office but am unsure about the second item.

Also, is there any final word about sending in the I129 prior to getting a NOA1? Is this working?

Thanks!

Alto-

Hang on hun

Cheers

Susie

Hello,

HOHOHO mentioned sending in with the I129 the post office receipt and a printout verifying it as recieved on the date form St. Albans, Vermont (VSC). What exactly is this printout? How can I get one? I have the regular receipt from the post office but am unsure about the second item.

Also, is there any final word about sending in the I129 prior to getting a NOA1? Is this working?

Thanks!

all I meant by printout, was taking the certified mail number, typing it into the USPS website and it comes up as "recieved st. albans on...." and printing that out, and attatching copy of the certified mail slip. I've no idea if that's acceptable or not.

I haven't ended up firing it off yet though..I'm a little gunshy because I lack one thing she mentioned, a COPY of my check I sent with the I-130.

I now have read this site since and realize I should have photocopied EVERYTHING I mailed, but I didn't and certainly never thought of needed a copy of the check since the cashed check in theory would be the copy... of course it's never been cashed 4 months later.

Edited by HOHOHO

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Indonesia

Marriage : 2007-08-10

I-130 Sent : 2007-08-21

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-01-18

I-130 Approved : 2008-09-15

NVC Received : 2008-09-24

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-09-27

Pay I-864 Bill 2008-09-28

Receive I-864 Package : 2008-09-28

Return Completed I-864 : 2008-10-02

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-10-17

Receive IV Bill : 2008-10-30

Pay IV Bill : 2008-10-31

Receive Instruction Package :

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-01-28

NVC Left : 2009-01-30

Consulate Received : 2009-02-20

Packet 3 Received : 2009-02-20

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-02-24

Packet 4 Received : 2009-02-26

Interview Date : 2010-03-18

Visa Received : 2009-03-23

US Entry :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 241 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 792 days from your I-130 NOA1 date.

Filed: Timeline

I am the original inventor of sending the I-129f without the receipt notice from the I-130. It has worked for about 5-6 people now after I told them the instructions on how to do it.

First and foremost, this will ONLY work if you send your I-130 directly to Vermont or California. If your original I-130 was received by Nebraska or Texas and they had to transfer it, this WILL not work. Someone from the website tried it and they had their I-129f returned.

This is because if there was a transfer involved, they cannot guarantee that they have your I-130.

My original I-130 was mailed on August 14 to Vermont. On September 18, I mailed my I-129f to Vermont. They accepted it and I was sent my NOA1 within 2 days. My receipt basically told them that Vermont was my service center for both applications with no transfer.

Edited by dodson01

I am the original inventor of sending the I-129f without the receipt notice from the I-130. It has worked for about 5-6 people now after I told them the instructions on how to do it.

First and foremost, this will ONLY work if you send your I-130 directly to Vermont or California. If your original I-130 was received by Nebraska or Texas and they had to transfer it, this WILL not work. Someone from the website tried it and they had their I-129f returned.

This is because if there was a transfer involved, they cannot guarantee that they have your I-130.

My original I-130 was mailed on August 14 to Vermont. On September 18, I mailed my I-129f to Vermont. They accepted it and I was sent my NOA1 within 2 days. My receipt basically told them that Vermont was my service center for both applications with no transfer.

do you think the chicago lockbox nonsense changes that (since my I-130 was sent to VSC)?

you have me interested again.... again, I don't have a copy of the check I sent. But I do know the exact check number of course.

I've had the I-129 ready to send in since early september... the wife wasted $$ on rush postage thinking I'd need it soon... coulda sent in on a boat tugged around the world by an army of snails.

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Indonesia

Marriage : 2007-08-10

I-130 Sent : 2007-08-21

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-01-18

I-130 Approved : 2008-09-15

NVC Received : 2008-09-24

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-09-27

Pay I-864 Bill 2008-09-28

Receive I-864 Package : 2008-09-28

Return Completed I-864 : 2008-10-02

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-10-17

Receive IV Bill : 2008-10-30

Pay IV Bill : 2008-10-31

Receive Instruction Package :

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-01-28

NVC Left : 2009-01-30

Consulate Received : 2009-02-20

Packet 3 Received : 2009-02-20

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-02-24

Packet 4 Received : 2009-02-26

Interview Date : 2010-03-18

Visa Received : 2009-03-23

US Entry :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 241 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 792 days from your I-130 NOA1 date.

Filed: Timeline

do you think the chicago lockbox nonsense changes that (since my I-130 was sent to VSC)?

you have me interested again.... again, I don't have a copy of the check I sent. But I do know the exact check number of course.

I've had the I-129 ready to send in since early september... the wife wasted $$ on rush postage thinking I'd need it soon... coulda sent in on a boat tugged around the world by an army of snails.

Ask yourself this question -- what is the worst thing that could happen if they didn't accept it? They would just return your package saying they won't accept it. However, if they do, excellent.

I would send in your package, with a copy of some type of proof that you filed the I-130 -- send in copy of I-130 (only copy of application), copy of mail receipt or anything else you have and then put in your cover letter the following:

Please find enclosed my I-129f petition for ------- in support of my spouse ----. I am enclosing the following documents in support of this petition.

1. I-129f petition

2. Copy of I-130 filed on ---- and supporting documentation showing proof that I filed I-130. As evidence, I am supplying ----- as I have not yet received my NOA1. Per my conversation with USCIS, this supporting evidence is acceptable proof in lieu of the I-797.

3. List the rest of your supporting documentation.

Ask yourself this question -- what is the worst thing that could happen if they didn't accept it? They would just return your package saying they won't accept it. However, if they do, excellent.

I would send in your package, with a copy of some type of proof that you filed the I-130 -- send in copy of I-130 (only copy of application), copy of mail receipt or anything else you have and then put in your cover letter the following:

Please find enclosed my I-129f petition for ------- in support of my spouse ----. I am enclosing the following documents in support of this petition.

1. I-129f petition

2. Copy of I-130 filed on ---- and supporting documentation showing proof that I filed I-130. As evidence, I am supplying ----- as I have not yet received my NOA1. Per my conversation with USCIS, this supporting evidence is acceptable proof in lieu of the I-797.

3. List the rest of your supporting documentation.

Oh I forgot one thing -- I-129f's are current or close to it and are not being sent to the lockbox. So that's okay.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.