Steve'sGirl

K1 - December Filing

495 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

At least they honour the date of receipt regardless of when they actually get around to posting out NOA1 to people. And then you settle yourself in for 3-5 months before you can reasonably hope for NOA2... and hope fervently that it's not longer!

Hopefully CSC will get over whatever weird little glitch is going on there and we should start seeing some real movement soon.

Settling into married life

Waiting on the EAD, AP, and AOS

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Well... hopefully the pace is picking up....I rec'd NOA1 2 JAN, touched on 8 JAN, then touched again today 15 JAN. I hate to even THINK of the progress this early in the game as it only seems to make things slooooww doown...but, can't help it!

Anyway - booked a ticket to Kiev for 1 MAR for a week - very much looking forward to spending some time with Alena...

I very much appreciate this site and everyone associated - support, hope, and patience is all we got.

cheers

tim

[font="Comic Sans MS"][size=3]------ Let's GO!!! -----[/size][/font]

29 DEC 07 File I-129F
02 JAN 08 NOA1 date
08 JAN 08 Touch
15 JAN 08 Touch
17 FEB 08 Touch (YES) Let's go Let's go.
03 MAR 08 NOA2 :)
07 MAR 08 NVC -> Kiev
11 MAR 08 Arrives @ Kiev
17 APR 08 Interview
01 MAY 08 ARRIVAL TO USA
27 JUN 08 MARRIED - KEY WEST :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

First of all WELCOME to all the other December filers that just joined this thread!!

tj3467 - congrats on your upcoming trip. It's alwas great to have a set date to see your SO during this process.

Without getting my hopes up high, it is good to see the wave of October filers approved. Let's hope that everyone who filed before October will be approved soon too. And, of course, that CSC will resume approving petitions again.

To keep our minds off this process for a moment, are you guys making plans for the day yet when this is over? Are you planning to pick up your SO from her/his home country or will they be coming to the US by themselves?

We are planning that Steve will come to Bermuda (to help me pack and wind up all the stuff with my apartment, etc) and we'll spend a couple of days here before we go back together.

Some of us December filers are already a full month or more into the process, other are close to the 'one-month' mark.

Remember, one month down!!!! We'll make it through!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbs:

In every difficulty lies an island of opportunity.

First of all WELCOME to all the other December filers that just joined this thread!!

tj3467 - congrats on your upcoming trip. It's alwas great to have a set date to see your SO during this process.

Without getting my hopes up high, it is good to see the wave of October filers approved. Let's hope that everyone who filed before October will be approved soon too. And, of course, that CSC will resume approving petitions again.

To keep our minds off this process for a moment, are you guys making plans for the day yet when this is over? Are you planning to pick up your SO from her/his home country or will they be coming to the US by themselves?

We are planning that Steve will come to Bermuda (to help me pack and wind up all the stuff with my apartment, etc) and we'll spend a couple of days here before we go back together.

Some of us December filers are already a full month or more into the process, other are close to the 'one-month' mark.

YAY!

Your posts always make me smile hon :)

Hope you had a great day!

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

I am a December filer!!!!

October filers are getting approved now? Before the July/August/September filers? Why and how did this happen???

*****K-1 Timeline*****

12.14.07 I-129F sent to VSC via FedEx

12.17.07 Delivered to VSC at 11:40 AM signed by A. STANLEY

12.18.07 NOA1 date

12.20.07 Check Cashed!!

12.21.07 Touched

12.26.07 NOA1 hard copy received

02.17.08 NOA2 via email!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

02.19.08 Touched

02.20.08 Touched

02.21.08 Touched yet again

03.10.08 Case received in Kingston

03.11.08 DS-130 Part 1 turned in

03.17.08 Appointment to pick up Packet 4

03.18.08 Medical Exam

04.01.08 Interview!!!!!-APPROVED APPROVED!

04.22.08 Visa picked up from Airpack Ocho Rios

05.02.08 Go to Jamaica to pick up my love

05.05.08 Arrival to the US (via JFK)

06.07.08 Miami Wedding!

*****AOS TIMELINE*****

06.18.08 Sent packet to Chicago via FedEx

06.20.08 Delivered to Chicago at 12:28PM signed by J. CHYBA

06.24.08 NOA1 Date for EAD, AP and AOS

06.26.08 NOA1 for AOS received in mail

06.27.08 Touched

07.05.08 Received Biometrics Appointment Letter

07.24.08 Biometrics Appointment

07.28.08 Request for Initial Evidence

08.01.08 National Benefits Center received Evidence and Case resumed Processing

08.19.08 AOS case transferred to CSC

08.22.08 AP arrived in mail-APPROVED

08.25.08 EAD card arrives in mail (no updates or anything about AP or EAD)

October filers are getting approved now? Before the July/August/September filers? Why and how did this happen???

No one really knows why.

That's life I guess.

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

No one really knows why.

That's life I guess.

So, are we more like 3 months now for our NOA2?????????????????????????????????????????????????

*****K-1 Timeline*****

12.14.07 I-129F sent to VSC via FedEx

12.17.07 Delivered to VSC at 11:40 AM signed by A. STANLEY

12.18.07 NOA1 date

12.20.07 Check Cashed!!

12.21.07 Touched

12.26.07 NOA1 hard copy received

02.17.08 NOA2 via email!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

02.19.08 Touched

02.20.08 Touched

02.21.08 Touched yet again

03.10.08 Case received in Kingston

03.11.08 DS-130 Part 1 turned in

03.17.08 Appointment to pick up Packet 4

03.18.08 Medical Exam

04.01.08 Interview!!!!!-APPROVED APPROVED!

04.22.08 Visa picked up from Airpack Ocho Rios

05.02.08 Go to Jamaica to pick up my love

05.05.08 Arrival to the US (via JFK)

06.07.08 Miami Wedding!

*****AOS TIMELINE*****

06.18.08 Sent packet to Chicago via FedEx

06.20.08 Delivered to Chicago at 12:28PM signed by J. CHYBA

06.24.08 NOA1 Date for EAD, AP and AOS

06.26.08 NOA1 for AOS received in mail

06.27.08 Touched

07.05.08 Received Biometrics Appointment Letter

07.24.08 Biometrics Appointment

07.28.08 Request for Initial Evidence

08.01.08 National Benefits Center received Evidence and Case resumed Processing

08.19.08 AOS case transferred to CSC

08.22.08 AP arrived in mail-APPROVED

08.25.08 EAD card arrives in mail (no updates or anything about AP or EAD)

Filed: Timeline
So, are we more like 3 months now for our NOA2?????????????????????????????????????????????????

VSC are just barely starting in on October filers. I'd say at this rate (and it's just a guess) you're at least 2 1/2 to 3 months out. VSC could either speed up or slow down but at the current rate 3 months is a good guess.

Edited by mox

VSC are just barely starting in on October filers. I'd say at this rate (and it's just a guess) you're at least 2 1/2 to 3 months out. VSC could either speed up or slow down but at the current rate 3 months is a good guess.

Or they could just back track it and start approving the May, June, July, August and September filers that they have neglectfully left behind and then start up with October filers....who knows!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

We haven't discussed the particulars of when this gets over. After NOA2 then we'll discuss - my feeling at this point is that I may fly to NY to meet her, then fly back to Florida together. The $ involved in flying all the way to Kiev might be better spent on other things - like wedding and a car for Alena. But I HAVE thought about it - and do so often. I am SO happy I have the opportunity to visit with her and her daughter in early March. What I really wish for is expedience for all of us in this process, it is tough.

On the topic of pre-Oct filers not being approved yet, I am sure each case is different and maybe nobody really knows what all USCIS is looking at, what really goes on there with all the details of background checks etc. I will say that they do have a very serious job in screening everyone. Also, perhaps many filers are simply not updating their timelines??

Kind regards everyeone.

tim/alena

[font="Comic Sans MS"][size=3]------ Let's GO!!! -----[/size][/font]

29 DEC 07 File I-129F
02 JAN 08 NOA1 date
08 JAN 08 Touch
15 JAN 08 Touch
17 FEB 08 Touch (YES) Let's go Let's go.
03 MAR 08 NOA2 :)
07 MAR 08 NVC -> Kiev
11 MAR 08 Arrives @ Kiev
17 APR 08 Interview
01 MAY 08 ARRIVAL TO USA
27 JUN 08 MARRIED - KEY WEST :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I agree, would be nice if everyone kept updating their timelines as they move along. Guess we can't have everything (think we'd all be happy with NOA2 alone for time being ;) ).

Just wanted to wish everyone a good weekend (I know, it's a bit early)! :star:

In every difficulty lies an island of opportunity.

Have a great weekend as well all!!! I'm working for all of it so I won't be around much. :)

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.