39 posts in this topic

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Yay Jackie! it's done! Now you can settle in. Moving a tank (or two or three, etc) really sucks! it was the part of having fish that really was dreaded on my part. I don't have them anymore, and I have to say at this stage in my life-- I am happier. But I really miss them sometimes! I can live through your tank.

My dad just offered me his honda scooter for free-- just have to pick it up! Awesome! Ammar is applying for teaching jobs now. I am so proud. :wub:

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

g'afternoon all. We're still waiting for hubsters miniscule paper cut to heal so he can complete his fingerprints. arg!!! I just want this part over with.

Jess, I can't imagine how it feels to be so happy and yet so sad to be doing something. Is there any hope of all of u being together in the same country? You are such a strong person! I don't think I could do it.

Liv, are you feelin better?

Jackie, I would rather shoot myself in the foot than move fish tanks! Mine is still sitting in the box in the living room. I'll eventually set it up but I might just wait until I own my own place again. (maybe move back to Missouri!!!) Don't wanna empty that thing more than needed....

Sereia, when ur done with ur dishes, you are more than welcome to come do mine...i still got sooo much to clean before the week starts again.... :crying:

Julianna, honda scooters ROCK! Good luck to ur man on the jobs!!!

Sarah, Have a great time golfing!!! If you win, do you get cash??

Everybody have a super fantastic day!!!

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Timeline
Julianna, honda scooters ROCK! Good luck to ur man on the jobs!!!

(F) amal (F)

Oh how frustrating! Perfect time to need to get fingerprints done! Not!

I know! I love it so much! He gave me a helmet this summer with the idea that I would buy my own.. then Ammar refused to let me buy one :( He said we can take this one as long as I only drive it when he is watching me. Whatever. He's insisting I'm going to slide out and get run over. It's a Metropolitan (not Met II) and it has a few add-ons. I just have to go up there and bring it back here, so I think I'll fly up and then drive back in a small moving van.. or maybe rent a truck? I mean they aren't THAT big, and I guess it just depends on how much it weighs.

Ammar is applying to some places in CA and I was telling him this would be PERFECT for there-- because if we moved it would be for his job, and so we'd move close to campus... and then he could take the scooter! It would be precious! And at any rate, it would save a precious lot of gas money!! I think my dad said it's 90-some miles to the gallon and it has a gallon-and-a-half tank. Even my Honda Accord which gets great gas mileage (28 city and 35-37 highway-- no idea how I do it, but partially it's probably due to being a manual) can't beat that!

Here it is in it's glory:

P1010033.jpg

Oh! and since we're picture-sharing (or I am at least) my anniversary bouquet! I was so proud of him. He got me a stair-stepper (my request) and flowers-- exactly what I wanted!

anniversary2007.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi polarbear! Thx for starting the thread and sorry you're at work. I'll tell Jack Frost to send some cold your way k. :blush:

Hi Marueen! Looks like Jack Frost got the msg and split the difference between here and there. Right after I said he could dump the snow here boy did he!

Hi Aymerlu! Hope that back feels better for tomorrow! It's going to be a big day and congrats!

Hi Charles! Oh I can't wait to see Christmas Present Pix! :dance:

Hi Jess! Ok I'll ask cuz I musta missed it. What's in NY?

Hi brnidokiegurl! Welcome back! Hope you get into the Christmas decorations spirit soon! I want pix! :P

Hi Jackie! It must feel so good to be in a new place surrounded by your things. And even though you didn't want to quit smoking I am so happy that you did! Now I want happy pills because they sound great! Thx for sharing the tank story.

Hi Ayesha! Hugs back to ya! (L)

Hi Wahrania! Heart break is the pits! But I love you! And we are all queens for what we've been through. (L)

Hi Jasman! Good Morning!

Hi Ninaoquinn! Good Morning!

Hi Jeanne! Good eveing back!

Hi Sarah! Good luck on the tournament!

Hi Sereia! Sounds like the event was wonderful!

Hi Julianna! Congrats on the scooter! Sounds like lots of happy things are happening in your life! Love the bouquet!

Hi Sara! Happy Sunday! Your baby is so precious and baby bath day wow! Happy Christmas Shopping!

Hi Amal! Hope your honey's cut heals soon! Yes am better kinda. I got to eat an apple yesterday and hold it down with no pain. Have a super fantastic Sunday as well!

Hi Sandy! I love puppies! Pix pls! (F)

Thx everyone for sharing! Have a good Sunday! I will have another video to share soon!

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline
Hi polarbear! Thx for starting the thread and sorry you're at work. I'll tell Jack Frost to send some cold your way k. :blush:

Hi Marueen! Looks like Jack Frost got the msg and split the difference between here and there. Right after I said he could dump the snow here boy did he!

Hi Aymerlu! Hope that back feels better for tomorrow! It's going to be a big day and congrats!

Hi Charles! Oh I can't wait to see Christmas Present Pix! :dance:

Hi Jess! Ok I'll ask cuz I musta missed it. What's in NY?

Hi brnidokiegurl! Welcome back! Hope you get into the Christmas decorations spirit soon! I want pix! :P

Hi Jackie! It must feel so good to be in a new place surrounded by your things. And even though you didn't want to quit smoking I am so happy that you did! Now I want happy pills because they sound great! Thx for sharing the tank story.

Hi Ayesha! Hugs back to ya! (L)

Hi Wahrania! Heart break is the pits! But I love you! And we are all queens for what we've been through. (L)

Hi Jasman! Good Morning!

Hi Ninaoquinn! Good Morning!

Hi Jeanne! Good eveing back!

Hi Sarah! Good luck on the tournament!

Hi Sereia! Sounds like the event was wonderful!

Hi Julianna! Congrats on the scooter! Sounds like lots of happy things are happening in your life! Love the bouquet!

Hi Sara! Happy Sunday! Your baby is so precious and baby bath day wow! Happy Christmas Shopping!

Hi Amal! Hope your honey's cut heals soon! Yes am better kinda. I got to eat an apple yesterday and hold it down with no pain. Have a super fantastic Sunday as well!

Hi Sandy! I love puppies! Pix pls! (F)

Thx everyone for sharing! Have a good Sunday! I will have another video to share soon!

Hey...my family is in NY...Right now im in Saudi Arabia with George...long story short, George cant come back to the USA. So until other doors open we will be here.....As far as why im going back to NY..ill be traveling when im 19wks pregnant back there and staying until after the baby is born. We have weighed all different options and this one though we will be seperated for 6+mths is the best and most reasonable.

Hopefully after Nov 08 George can start his process to apply for some type of visa to Canada. We will see.

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
good morning and happy Sunday everybody :)

things are good here, its baby bath day and maybe a little Christmas shopping.....

how often do you bathe your baby? i grew up taking baths like twice a week. i think maybe every other day would be enough for a baby - but my husband is ADAMANT on bathing our sons (youngest is 7 mos) daily. he is willing to do it so i dont argue. my in laws are moroccan and tunisian and obsessed with showering/cleanliness and my water bill was double this summer when they were here. a lot of other moroccan/tunisian jews that i know are also obsessed with it and i even read a book that joked about the obsession. was just wondering if moroccans in morocco are similar.

Timeline
how often do you bathe your baby? i grew up taking baths like twice a week. i think maybe every other day would be enough for a baby - but my husband is ADAMANT on bathing our sons (youngest is 7 mos) daily. he is willing to do it so i dont argue. my in laws are moroccan and tunisian and obsessed with showering/cleanliness and my water bill was double this summer when they were here. a lot of other moroccan/tunisian jews that i know are also obsessed with it and i even read a book that joked about the obsession. was just wondering if moroccans in morocco are similar.

Same here--as a child, unless I got dirty outside, i know I wasn't bathing every day. My husband on the other hand said his family would rather die of thirst than not shower, and he's washing all the time (and of course wondering why his skin is cracked and bleeding). I agree-- baby skin is pretty delicate and so I wasn't planning on an every-day washing schedule-- I figured the important dirty parts would get cleaned often enough at diaper changing/washing/wiping/etc time, and that i would leave other parts alone longer.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello everyone...late on posting...another bitter cold day...about 11 degrees or so..give or take..w/the wind I hate to guess....anyways...we got our Christmas tree up!! The boys were hilarious decorating...My youngest was more interested in throwing the decorations...the oldest got right into decorating...of course there are 15 decorations to each 4 braches that he decorated...but hey its got style...and brightened up things for me....I have started the car and am going to brave the weather....nice to hear from everyone...have a great rest of your day....~Melinda

“Hold on to the center and make up your mind to rejoice in this paradise called life.” ~ Lao-tzu

4374690_bodyshot_175x233_1205371236499.gif4572850_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Good morning everyone! I'm dragging today! I think all the muscle relaxers I took for my back yesterday ganged up on me this morning. I feel like a pile of mush! But hey....my back isn't hurting as bad! :lol: Not much else happening around here. Tomorrow is the first offical day we will be seeing patients! I'm soooo excited!!! :dance:

If the muscle relaxers are going to gang up on you, at least they're doing it today and not ur first day open at the clinic. and hey, sometimes mush isn't so bad!!! Hope you feel better tomorrow.

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Glad you're all moved in Jackie! We were supposed to get freezing rain here yesterday, but it skipped us. :dance: I can't imagine having to fill up those tanks! I get pissed just filling up a 20 gallon!

Just thinking about it makes me need to pee :lol: I cant wash dishes or get a glass of water nowadays without the urge.

good morning and happy Sunday everybody :)

things are good here, its baby bath day and maybe a little Christmas shopping.....

I think it goes both ways. Ahmed's not into the showering obsession, nor was his family. Everyone is/was always clean and sweet-smelling. But I think I was the only person in the house who bathed daily when I was visiting them in Morocco. He's kept pretty much the same habits here. If he's had a sweaty day, he'll shower, but if it's a lazy day he wont bother.

From what Ive learned new babies dont need a bath every day, or even every other day, especially in the winter. But I think its mostly based on the weather, the baby's age, and your pediatrician's advice. Im pretty sure our little ####### wont be getting a full bath every day because he'll be born in the coldest part of the year around here. And that being said, I probably wont get time for a bath either :lol:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

While shopping at Sam's Club yesterday, I saw this and thought of Jackie & Charles. I passed it up and had to go back to snap a shot w/ my phone to post for you.

As for me today, spent about 4 hours studying/catching up on my Arabic lessons and completed the last 2 assignments to turn in :blink: . Now I'm caught up and ready to move on w/ this week's lesson. :innocent:

Have a great day/evening everyone. Jackie- congrats on the move! :thumbs:

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.