Chica Yeyé

OK, now it's for real

50 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

whoo hoo Len. and I totally agree the inlaw's are pretty nifty-the whole pottytrained thing alone makes mil crazyness worthwhile. go flash that beautiful card around the office monday morning.

met summer 1999, summer 2000 hooked up-whoo hoo summer fling

summer fling failed to fizzle, married 2003

I-130 mailed 12/15/03

4/1/04 no word from NE contacted senators office, app found

NOA1 4/13/04

Gave up on ridiculously long US process-started Canadian

12/4/04 submitted app

LSS app returned because of missed signatures, lost in transit, resubmitted in June

9/28/05 landed, yippie

10/4/05 fly back to US to "finish up Master's" lose mind and switch to PhD

Damn it back to the US process

3/something/2005 finally get NOA2, no idea why it took so long

4/15/07 get case approval from NVC

8/9/07 Montreal here we come

10/14/07 hubby activated his visa

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on your green-not-green card!

Yippee!

Hilarious writing, thanks.

:star:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: Timeline
whoo hoo Len. and I totally agree the inlaw's are pretty nifty-the whole pottytrained thing alone makes mil crazyness worthwhile. go flash that beautiful card around the office monday morning.

yup --- the potty training makes it all a-o-k. ;)

Congrats on your green-not-green card!

Yippee!

Hilarious writing, thanks.

:star:

I'm thinking of starting a new career doing stand-up comedy sister ;)

Already collecting materials from Off Topic LOL

Congratulations on the fart!!! :thumbs:

...oh and on the GC too :D

:lol:

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

Timeline

got the hubby's today. yeah. did you notice the prez's pics on the top of the magnetic strip? It's not nearly as pretty as my Canadian PC card, but I suppose it'll do. hee hee can't wait to tell the hubby that he's going to be carrying a pic of W around with him

I-130 mailed 12/15/03

NOA1 4/13/04

12/4/04 submitted app

LSS app returned because of missed signatures, lost in transit, resubmitted in June

9/28/05 landed, yippie

got the hubby's today. yeah. did you notice the prez's pics on the top of the magnetic strip? It's not nearly as pretty as my Canadian PC card, but I suppose it'll do. hee hee can't wait to tell the hubby that he's going to be carrying a pic of W around with him

:huh:

I see a picture of myself and my data embedded in the strip, but I certainly don't see dubbya. Don't tell me your husband looks like the American President, Thermophile?! :o

iagree.gif

I see a picture of myself and my data embedded in the strip, but I certainly don't see dubbya. Don't tell me your husband looks like the American President, Thermophile?! :o

Might be the case :P Because all I see there is me as well!! Unless W has long curly hair :P

Timeline

that is neither funny or nice ;)

all the presidents' pics are at the very top of the magnetic strip-really tiny, just like the tiny state flags at the bottom of the magnetic strip

I-130 mailed 12/15/03

NOA1 4/13/04

12/4/04 submitted app

9/28/05 landed, yippie

all the presidents' pics are at the very top of the magnetic strip-really tiny, just like the tiny state flags at the bottom of the magnetic strip

Wasn't trying to be funny. lol. I just can't see the little pics.... other than my own. No State flags either. :(

iagree.gif

:o

No no no!!!! WHY thermophile!!! WHy make me realize that I carry W pics in my pocket!!!

Yeah I thought these were little dots....so small

I do see the Statue of Liberty and the USA map :)

:o

No no no!!!! WHY thermophile!!! WHy make me realize that I carry W pics in my pocket!!!

Yeah I thought these were little dots....so small

I do see the Statue of Liberty and the USA map :)

:o Okay, I'm going to have to find a magnifying glass, cause I just see dots. Though thanks for telling me what that blur beside the Statue of Liberty was. I couldn't figure that one out. :blush::lol:

iagree.gif

Timeline

the blur is actually Alaska-for some reason it's shaded but the rest of the map isn't. I can't really make out W's picture, just assume its the furthest on the right. I need to find a magnifying glass too-the only ones that I can pick out are Kennedy and Pierce and thats just because they have big dark hair and I spend countless hours in elementary school staring at the pics of the presidents the circled our class rooms.

look close I bet you have the flags too-unless they are a really really recent addition

I-130 mailed 12/15/03

NOA1 4/13/04

12/4/04 submitted app

9/28/05 landed, yippie

the blur is actually Alaska-for some reason it's shaded but the rest of the map isn't. I can't really make out W's picture, just assume its the furthest on the right. I need to find a magnifying glass too-the only ones that I can pick out are Kennedy and Pierce and thats just because they have big dark hair and I spend countless hours in elementary school staring at the pics of the presidents the circled our class rooms.

look close I bet you have the flags too-unless they are a really really recent addition

ok the flags on the bottom gotcha :thumbs:

Funny thing, on the bottom it's written:

"MADE IN THE USA FOR THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT"

Oh Really ? :wacko:

a made in China or made in Taiwan would have been quite suspicious :P

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.