amrssnowangel

JUNE FILERS STILL WAITING

292 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
Its not bad to feel this way Lora, its human. Thats why we have this thread. I knew how I was feeling and KNEW others had to be gritting teeth with every new approval like I was. I just hated to keep up the negativity I have brewing in me in the presence of all those new approvals...its not their fault..and they are entitled to their happiness. Plus I hate to be the rain on a parade.

Just feel better..take care...

I will and thanks you guys are the best.......Misery loves company......sad but true statement.........

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Its not bad to feel this way Lora, its human. Thats why we have this thread. I knew how I was feeling and KNEW others had to be gritting teeth with every new approval like I was. I just hated to keep up the negativity I have brewing in me in the presence of all those new approvals...its not their fault..and they are entitled to their happiness. Plus I hate to be the rain on a parade.

Wow-you are not an awful person for feeling this way. I am right there with ya.

I love your modestly matters idea. So cute. I have to keep for eyes out for that in the future. It is my understanding that once you have the fiance visa you are permitted to work in the U.S. Is there another reason why you think getting employment for him will be difficult?

Our goals: First and foremost-Buying a home. I have wanted to buy a house for so long but there was always some annoying reason why I couldn't. My ex-husband was getting his PHd and writing his dissertation so I was always waiting for that to finish (8 years later...), then because he was going to be a professor we never knew what part of the country he would find a job so I wanted to wait for that, the list goes on.... Now I am ready and so is Darren.

Have a baby. We really want kids and I ain't getting any younger....

These are big things for me and I hate that everything is on hold!!!!

Being born Christian, then embracing Islam...I now consider myself simply "A Believer". So Modesty has become a huge part of my life. So we thought we'd sell what matters to us most and use it to teach modesty to others...how its more important to be modest than to have others look at what is not their right. Anyways...I thought it was cute to.... :hehe:

They dont get an EAD with fiance visa....they CAN get a TEMPORARY one at the JFK point of entry. Other wise the work permit is applied for with the change of status..and GUESS WHERE THAT GOES!!!!!!!!!!! VERMONT OF COURSE...just when we thought it was going to be safe to go back into the water...MORE SHARKS... anyways..the work permit takes another 90 days to approve after filing. IF they are processing on time. Being Arabic Im worried he may face some discrimination. We'lll see.

I will and thanks you guys are the best.......Misery loves company......sad but true statement.........

Lora do you need anything?? I dont live that far away..do you need help at home till u feel better?? Just let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do for you.

Timeline

Faith I am good....this is something I should of done months ago but I was waiting for Oscar and then I could wait no more........the future .....Oscar breeds dogs and we want to start a kennel here......I can go anywhere and work being a nurse but I own a house and the market is bad so we will stay here for a while.......I am concerned about the culture shock Oscar will experience....He has never been married ....lives alone......and I still have 3 of my 5 children at home....but I love him and he loves me and it is a wonderful feeling.......I spent years unloved in a bad marriage.......for my children.....so I am thinking it may be why this is stressing me so much.....everyday is precious.....and like all of you guys I want to open my eyes and see his face next to mine every morning........It is such a wonderful moment.........

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I hope you folks get updates and approvals first. I'm not sure why some cases lag, while others are approved. Even within the same month cases filed later get approved weeks earlier.

Perhaps each officer gets assigned stacks of cases? I really don't know how it works, but I hope things work out for those of you still waiting for NOA2.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
BUT........WE CAN DO THIS. In the GRAND scheme of things...5 years from now..will this wait matter? Will it make an impact on our lives? Its hard for now..but stay focused on the future...the GOAL....keep THAT in our sights....

What are some future goals you have with your SO's??? Lets share some FUTURE things...

We can make it, guys. :) And, it won't matter in five years. We'll just be extremely grateful for what we have. I feel like a lot of people take their relationships for granted, but we had to work and strive for ours, and maybe we'll be less hesitant to forget what is good and wonderful when things get hard.

FUTURE!

I'd like to have enough money to go back to school part time, when I can. I love to cook, and when I'm at my most crazy and stressed I love to bake. There's something calming about the process. There's been a surplus of cookies and bread in my house the last two weeks! I hope to have my own bakery someday and sell bread and fairy cakes. (Pete thinks this is great because I make him junk food and milk-free ice cream.)

Pete and I just want to have time together, without having to worry about the end of the week when we have to say goodbye. Have kids in a few years. Haul them back to ballet and karate and soccer practice.

He's totally worth this stress, and the wait, without a doubt.

My Timeline

Summer 2005 - Introduced online by a mutual friend

December 2005- Meet face to face. Mark 12/20 official start date.

June 9, 2007 - NOA1 from VSC

February 20, 2008 - APPROVED!!!

February 21, 2008 - paperwork forwarded to NVC.

February 27, 2008 - paperwork sent to Consulate.

March 6, 2008 - Packet 3 recieved.

March 19, 2008 - Packet 3 returned. (minus checklist!)

April 21, 2008 - Returned checklist. All Packet 3 in London.

May 7, 2008 - Medical.

May 30, 2008 - Interview. APPROVED.

July 27, 2008 - Arrives in US.

August 8, 2008 - Legal Wedding

AOS:

Sent: 10/17/08

Notice of Receipt: 10/23/08

I-765 - Rejected: 10/22/08

I-765 Resubmitted: 11/5/08

I485 RFE (for already submitted documents): 11/10/08

Biometrics appointment: 11/14/08

RFE returned: 11/15/08

Transferred to CSC: 5/15/09

Card Production ordered: 7/28/09

Timeline
Thanks for this thread. I keep hoping today will be the day, but it never happens.

Nearing the 6 month mark...

You are at the 6 month mark.........I called USCIS on Monday and said that at 180 days you can request service .......call them you are there......in fact at 187 days.......tell them you demand an answer this is inept and unbelieviable

I hope so much for you and all of us.......Come on VSC this is not right...unfair.....I am going to scream here in about 3 seconds.....

We have been waiting for looooong time too...

April 7th - Got Engaged to my Love.

June 12th - Applied for K1 visa for her.

June 15th - CSC received our file.

June 26th - Touch

Nov 13th - Received RFE hard copy (notice date of Nov. 5th)

Nov 15th - CSC received RFE.

Nov 19th - Touch (message updated saying they mailed me a copy of RFE)

Nov 20th - Touch

Nov 23rd - Touch (maybe due to phone call)

Nov 26th - Touch

Nov 27th - Touch

Nov 28th - Touch

Dec 6th - Approval Notice sent NOA2 !!!!!!!!!! YAY !!!!!!

Dec 7th - Touch

Dec 10th - Received hard copy of NOA2(snail mail)

Dec 28th - Embassy received package from NVC.

Jan 9th - Packet 3 received

Jan 10th - Packet 3 submitted with embassy in New Delhi.

Timeline
Did you get any response when you called? You even applied before me.

Your recieve date is what they go by.....Your recieve date is before mine......I can file a request for service on Monday.....you can call them now.........they are outside of there service time.....Call your congressman's office and have them call VSC to check for you..........You have a good chance in getting answers......they are late........go for it

Timeline

Oh sorry I did not check that ....no it makes no difference you must call customer service and go through the menu and select the prompt that says they are outside of there service times....when you get to a person tell them your number and ask for a service request.......You have the right for this.........Please call them.....Lora

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I didn't hear the option about being outside their service times. It just took me to a recording that said my case was pending and that customer service did not have any more up-to-date information. Won't they just say they are still working cases from April 29th, which is what the CSC processing chart is listing?

That must be it - VSC says if its outside of 6 months, CSC if it is earlier than Apr 29th.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I called the WHITE HOUSE. Was advised to call the HOMELAND SECURITY DEPARTMENT and ask for the NATURALIZATION AND IMMIGRATION DEPARTMENT. They did not answer after 4pm today...but I WILL be calling back on Monday with my complaint. May I suggest we ALL call...with numbers, statistics and how the processing is so out of order. I will be demanding that they pull my file, April and May files that still need worked to have them expedited. I think at this point its only fair. The issues to point out are:

1. The mismanagement of the site to adequately be prepared for the fee increase and the issues surrounding the H1 visas. That they were not properly staffed and we as "customers" should not have to be penalized for that.

2. Due to misinformation, lost/misplaced crates we are making this request

3. That if this process was managed properly, we, as April, May, June Filers should have been on an adjudicators desk LONG before AUGUST filers are approved or even TOUCHED.

4. That most of us are nearing, at or OVER the processing times while others filing months after us are now being worked.

The number to call is 202-282-8000. Please...if you really mean what you say about tired of waiting, or if you have offered support...call....

I'll call first thing Monday and see who we need to address these issues to.

Any more suggestions?

I didn't hear the option about being outside their service times. It just took me to a recording that said my case was pending and that customer service did not have any more up-to-date information. Won't they just say they are still working cases from April 29th, which is what the CSC processing chart is listing?

That must be it - VSC says if its outside of 6 months, CSC if it is earlier than Apr 29th.

It does appear that the two service centers list this differently. CSC's says they have just completed I 129fs that were received before April 29th which we all know is a bit of BS. Unfortunately, it gives them the ability to give you the brick wall answer of 'you're within processing times'. :wacko:

Once you're outside of the CSC's published wait times (meaning the date changes to a date after your received date), I would definitely contact either your congressman or senator's office and ask them to put in an inquiry on your behalf.

Anyone who isn't outside the published wait time - but seeing those who filed after you getting approved... I completely feel your pain. Same thing happened to us at the petition phase, and it flat out sucks. But I never could find anything that could be done other than contacting your representative after you'd passed their published processing time.

I think what was the worse for me was that meaningless answer ('your case is pending'), when I would have just been happy to know that my case wasn't being used as someone's coaster.

But given the factors of late (missing cases!!? how'd I miss that), I'd be inclined to try what amrssnowangel is suggesting. What could it hurt?

SA4userbar.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.