AfricanQueen

Where hell is my NOA

27 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
You may have waited a month for your NOA1 but as you have been transfered to CSC you will likely have your 10 years greencard months before those of us who have not been transfered to CSC.....

Kez

I just don't know what the issue is........ :crying: If they send me my NOA. I will be a little bit at ease.

From I-130 to Visa: Total process took 13 mos exactly

I751 Received at TSC 10 October 2007

Check cashed 02 November 2007 Case transferred to CSC

NOA or Biometrics letter never received

Infopass appointment December 18, 2007. Received stamp in passport and completed Biometrics

I-751 APPROVED 29 February 2008. Green card received 8 March 2008

N-400

Mailed December 12, 2008

NOA received December 23, 2008

Biometrics completed January 21, 2009[

CITZENSHIP GRANTED MAY 15, 2009

Timeline
A month is a pretty normal amount of time to wait for the NOA. Good luck.

Well, haven't received anything at all and my husband card expires on the 13th. To me it does not seem normal for CA.

Infopass appointment December 18, 2007. Received stamp in passport and completed Biometrics

N-400

Mailed December 12, 2008

It's almost 2 months now. Hmmm doesn't seem quite right for CSC.

Annie UK

2004 Awaiting my divorce

Decree nisi 29th July YAYYYYYYYYYY

15th Dec DIVORCED AT LAST!!!!

Dec 23 decree arrives, I-129F sent to Nebraska!!!

Dec 27 NOA1

Feb 16 2005 NOA2 (51 days)

May 17 INTERVIEW 9am!!!! (day 141) Approved

May 30 Arrived POE Chicago (flight delayed!!)

June 13 applied for SSN

June 30 Wedding on beach at sunset awwwww

AOS 2005

July 11 Sent off AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago

Sep 1 I485 transferred to CSC

Sep 15 EAD and AP approved (59 days)

Nov 25 Green card and Welcome letter arrive in mail (no interview) 130 days

Removing Conditions 2007

Aug 15 I-751 sent to Nebraska

Sep 14 NOA1 rec'd, transferred to CSC again

Sep 21 rec'd bios appt for 9/28/07

Jan 26 2008 Approved. 10 Yr card received 1/28/08.

Naturalization 2008

Sep 8 N-400 sent to Nebraska

Sep 11 Priority date

Oct 7 Biometrics

July 10 2009 - Interview, approved!

Aug 20 Oath ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
A month is a pretty normal amount of time to wait for the NOA. Good luck.

Well, haven't received anything at all and my husband card expires on the 13th. To me it does not seem normal for CA.

Hey, AQ! You're right to be pissed. These other folks saying that a month is a normal time are, well, let's just be nice and call them incorrect. A month would be a normal time, but only from the date it was sent to TSC -- not the date that CSC cashed your check.

You should have received an NOA1 back at the end of the first week of November -- several days after CSC cashed your check -- and the NOA1 should have generally been dated about the time the petition was received at TSC.

That's the way the TSC > CSC transfers have been going. Not that you can pick it up from the big list posted here, but two other TSC > CSC transferees (wife_of_mahmoud and dmaddox74), who sent their petition to TSC 5 and 7 days after you did, BOTH received their NOA1s on November 8.

As far as your husband's job goes, his social security card (assuming it's unrestricted) is sufficient to prove eligibility to work. If you haven't gone forward with the InfoPass appointment, I would do so right away and get the I-551 stamp in his passport because without an NOA1, it's the only thing he will have that can show legal presence.

As far as the NOA1 itself goes, there have been some threads in the not-too distant past in which people in your shoes have described what they have done (at least in terms of being able to get a case number, get biometrics done, etc.). That's where I would look next.

Meh

Timeline

Thanks! I guess I will set that appointment up again.

AQ

N-400

Mailed December 12, 2008

Timeline

OK, I just called the Customer Service Center. After telling them it has been well over 15 weeks and no NOA (which it hasn't really), they transferred me to another section that helped. The guy gave me my receipt number, although it can't be verified in the Case Status online. This is the number that was on the check, I could not make out all the numbers on the check, but this matches it. I am going to assume this is the number that would be on the NOA. That does not help that much, because you can't check status until after the Bio Letter.

Nevertheless, he told me to go into my local office and they would extend it for a year. (which we already know that too). He verfied my address and said he can see that it was received in the system and that the check and everything was cashed. But he does not see that an NOA was mailed. And he informed me that they are having problems with issuing the NOA (which we already know that too). So I guess it is really taking months for some to get their NOA's. Be we shall see...if it magically appears after me calling them..............

I don't know where the first clerk transferred me too, but where ever it was they can see what is going on with the case. And they give you direct answers, they didn't just give you that general bull off their computer screen

AQ

Edited by AfricanQueen

N-400

Mailed December 12, 2008

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Did he tell you anything about when to expect a biometrics appointment?

08/28/2004 Engaged

09/22/2004 I-129F submitted

10/01/2004 I-129F Approved

12/15/2004 K1 Issued

12/30/2004 Arrival in US

02/19/2005 Married

01/30/2006 Conditional Green Card Approved

01/15/2008 Conditions Removed and 10 Year Card Issued

03/28/2009 N-400 mailed to Lockbox

07/17/2009 Interview Denver USCIS office RECOMMENDED FOR APPROVAL

08/28/2009 Naturalization Ceremony - US District Court - Denver, Colorado[/b][/u]

09/04/2009 Applied for passport

09/22/2009 Passport approved and mailed

09/24/2009 Passport received

08/26/2009 Naturalization Certificate and Name Change Petition arrive back from State Department

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
OK, I just called the Customer Service Center. After telling them it has been well over 15 weeks and no NOA (which it hasn't really), they transferred me to another section that helped. The guy gave me my receipt number, although it can't be verified in the Case Status online. This is the number that was on the check, I could not make out all the numbers on the check, but this matches it. I am going to assume this is the number that would be on the NOA. That does not help that much, because you can't check status until after the Bio Letter.

Nevertheless, he told me to go into my local office and they would extend it for a year. (which we already know that too). He verfied my address and said he can see that it was received in the system and that the check and everything was cashed. But he does not see that an NOA was mailed. And he informed me that they are having problems with issuing the NOA (which we already know that too). So I guess it is really taking months for some to get their NOA's. Be we shall see...if it magically appears after me calling them..............

I don't know where the first clerk transferred me too, but where ever it was they can see what is going on with the case. And they give you direct answers, they didn't just give you that general bull off their computer screen

AQ

Good. Seems like things are starting to head in the right direction.

By the way - the title to your post if funny!!!!!!!!!

Wish you the best!

Boaz

ALL things work TOGETHER for GOOD!

Timeline
Did he tell you anything about when to expect a biometrics appointment?

He did not tell me when to expect a Bio Appointment. I am hoping when we go in to get the stamp they can set it up. (long shot), but they might.

AQ

Thanks for your support...It is a little funny!

N-400

Mailed December 12, 2008

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Slap em! :dance:

Its has now been nearly a month a no NOA! What do you guys suggust my husband expires December 13. Which I don't expect to be approved by that time of course, but my husbands job keeps asking him about his Green Card expiring...I don't want him to get fired behind not having a NOA. Anyone know the job laws on this?

AQ

Timeline
Slap em! :dance:

Its has now been nearly a month a no NOA! What do you guys suggust my husband expires December 13. Which I don't expect to be approved by that time of course, but my husbands job keeps asking him about his Green Card expiring...I don't want him to get fired behind not having a NOA. Anyone know the job laws on this?

AQ

I really wish I could. I would just like to visit this service center...and actually take a look around at them doing nothing. Increase of fees=worst service...I don't get it.

AQ

N-400

Mailed December 12, 2008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.