sarah and hicham

Sharing updates on VJ

93 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and it is my opinion that my timeline would not be helpful to anyone. Those who believe that your timeline is helpful to others, I'm happy for you. Personally, I rarely look at anyone else's because I haven't found individual timelines to be relevent to my case. It seems, also, that people get real negative about them if theirs doesn't compare favorably to another. Posting a timeline is not the price of admission, and if some folks are suspicious of or prejudiced against members who don't post theirs, well, there are plenty of other helpful folks who don't care if you have one or not. I'm one of them.

You are right. Posting a timeline is not the price of admission. By doing so, however, you help to keep the stats on the board for a given consulate more accurate.

Maybe your case is not like others. That is fine. However, if some part takes forever or is arduous, it may help others to see when they visit here that not everything is walk in the park.

I look at providing our timeline as the LEAST I can do to help the board that has provided me with so much information.

Finally, who cares if people get negative when they compare their timeline to yours. Some on this board right now get negative saying we got the visa quickly. I look at that as their fault. If I saw someone's timeline was so quick, I would want to get in contact with them and find out what was it they did or what made their situation so unique to get through more quickly than others.

I'm surprised that it is such a big deal to some, and I wish I cared about timelines or found them to be as useful as some of you do. It simply never occured to me to use someone else's timeline to presume how my journey will go. I don't see the problem from not having one, and nothing said here has convinced me that it is essential, especially since you all have seemed to manage anyway without everyone having one.

I seriously find the passion around this to be most curious. Personally, I've found posts about how to to file, prepare your documents, what happened at an interview, how to help your SO adjust, etc. - things like that to be more important than the off-chance that I may have a similar timeline to someone else. Those are things that I try to contribute because that's what I get the most out of. I'm not stressed about the process and tend to just take this all in stride. C'est la vie, to each, her own.

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline
I wish I had a timeline to update!!! :D

I was originally referred to this board to get information about the K1 and K3 visa and processes.

The information that I read was really useful even though I wasn't filing at that particular point in time.

Now that we're married I hope to be filing soon. I Wish that I could have filed sooner and already be living with my hubby now, but things just didn't happen as fast as we wanted.

:o :o :o Mellyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy you got married ?????!!!!! OMG I had no idea -- did I miss the announcement somewhere ?? Or were you holding out on us :P Congratulations -- I am so very happy for you !!!

(F)

-MK

Come to think of it, no, I didn't announce it anywhere. I guess I just didn't think about it. Silly me. :lol: We got married on October 13th.

:luv:

Thanks for the congrats!

Allah tries his chosen people through many hardships, but those who persevere through adversity, surrendering themselves before the will of Allah, shall be blessed with a superb reward.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Anas bin Malik

A time will come when the sky is torn apart; when the stars scatter, and the ocean drains away; and when the graves are tossed about, and laid open. At that time every man will be told what he has done, and what he has failed to do; and every woman will be told what she has done, and what she has failed to do.

-Qur'an, Al-Infitar, Surah 82:1-5

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

:thumbs: Congrats!

I wish I had a timeline to update!!! :D

I was originally referred to this board to get information about the K1 and K3 visa and processes.

The information that I read was really useful even though I wasn't filing at that particular point in time.

Now that we're married I hope to be filing soon. I Wish that I could have filed sooner and already be living with my hubby now, but things just didn't happen as fast as we wanted.

:o :o :o Mellyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy you got married ?????!!!!! OMG I had no idea -- did I miss the announcement somewhere ?? Or were you holding out on us :P Congratulations -- I am so very happy for you !!!

(F)

-MK

Come to think of it, no, I didn't announce it anywhere. I guess I just didn't think about it. Silly me. :lol: We got married on October 13th.

Thanks for the congrats!

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thanks for the congrats!

:o that means you're gonna have an anniversary eventually on a friday the 13th :P

congrats on your marriage melly :dance:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thanks everyone for the congrats. :)

Alright Charles, put your superpowers to work and figure out when there will be a Friday the 13th in the month of October. :P

I don't know why people are so superstitious about that day/number anyways.

Allah tries his chosen people through many hardships, but those who persevere through adversity, surrendering themselves before the will of Allah, shall be blessed with a superb reward.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Anas bin Malik

A time will come when the sky is torn apart; when the stars scatter, and the ocean drains away; and when the graves are tossed about, and laid open. At that time every man will be told what he has done, and what he has failed to do; and every woman will be told what she has done, and what she has failed to do.

-Qur'an, Al-Infitar, Surah 82:1-5

Alright Charles, put your superpowers to work and figure out when there will be a Friday the 13th in the month of October. :P

Im not. I wear Lucky #6 Perfume ;)

Timeline

2017, 2023, 2028. 2034, 2045, 2051

:D

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

There are people on here , even in MENA who have divorced whose timelines are still up...

Divorce wouldn't necessarily invalidate a timeline, but maybe a timeline option could be added for "process terminated (or a less ominous-sounding word) by petitioner/beneficiary" for cases where that applies. That way, that particular timeline could be left out when the stats are compiled, so the dates would be accurate, but the member wouldn't have to discuss anything too personal unless they chose to ("terminated" could cover anything from a broken engagement to the couple deciding to relocate to another country). That could always be written in the comments, but having a checkbox or field for it might make it easier to exclude that timeline from the statistics. Unless I'm missing something, there's currently no way to close out a timeline "gracefully" without a definitive outcome at USCIS or DOS.

This might be a good idea generally. A lot of people disappear after NOA2!!!! Sometimes, I'm sure, it's just not participating any more, which is fine. But there is no way to say 'process terminated', and that could be a useful picture to have when evaluating the timelines.

I've found the timelines useful mostly for very basic planning. Every case is different, but it's nice to know, e.g., that Vancouver schedules interviews about a month-six weeks after receiving the packet and that Montreal takes half a year, or e.g., when a receipt should arrive.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
There are people on here , even in MENA who have divorced whose timelines are still up...

Divorce wouldn't necessarily invalidate a timeline, but maybe a timeline option could be added for "process terminated (or a less ominous-sounding word) by petitioner/beneficiary" for cases where that applies. That way, that particular timeline could be left out when the stats are compiled, so the dates would be accurate, but the member wouldn't have to discuss anything too personal unless they chose to ("terminated" could cover anything from a broken engagement to the couple deciding to relocate to another country). That could always be written in the comments, but having a checkbox or field for it might make it easier to exclude that timeline from the statistics. Unless I'm missing something, there's currently no way to close out a timeline "gracefully" without a definitive outcome at USCIS or DOS.

This might be a good idea generally. A lot of people disappear after NOA2!!!! Sometimes, I'm sure, it's just not participating any more, which is fine. But there is no way to say 'process terminated', and that could be a useful picture to have when evaluating the timelines.

I've found the timelines useful mostly for very basic planning. Every case is different, but it's nice to know, e.g., that Vancouver schedules interviews about a month-six weeks after receiving the packet and that Montreal takes half a year, or e.g., when a receipt should arrive.

ONCE AGAIN I WILL COME UP AND SAID THAT THE ADMIN SHOULD CONTROL THAT ... WHO DOES NOT UPDATE HIS TIMELINE SHOULD BE BLOCKED ... THAT JUST MY MODEST OPINION ... BUT I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO SAY WE ARE HERE TO HELP EACH OTHER AND SHARING OUR EXPERIANCE DOES NOT WE WILL GET HURT ... THAT MAY HELP OTHER AND OTHERS TO GO IN RIGHT PATH !!!

"An unexamined life is not worth living." -- Socrates

Timeline

having a timeline isn't a requirement. nor are there any timeline police.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I put all my updates in my timeline when the event takes place. But I see no need to make special announcments like some do. "Approved!", "Got My 2nd NOA!" or whatever. I don't see the need to make a post like that.

Right, but I mean some people don't update their timeline or make anything known about their process, that's all.

When some, including myself, have tried to post their "updates" they were accused of pushing good news in the faces of others or negatively responded to. This kind of negativity on the board is what keeps many members here silent or private, or causes them to leave entirely. It's unfortunate but I know of many who do not post much of anything or include their information.

I wish everyone good luck on their continued journeys.

Jean, weren't you just pleading with Ewok the other day to disable your account?

you should just shut up and learn to be happy for wife beaters who get their green cards.

the fact that this person can't distinguish the difference between people saying ####### when they read about a man who assaults his wife breezing through aos without even an interview vs. men and women who are decent and law-abiding and don't assault their spouses and who sometimes wait years for theirs, is almost comical. mostly depressing though. people were negative because there's already too many wife beaters here. we don't need or want anymore. it has nothing to do with being jealous of this half-wit's absurd definition of "good news".

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Timeline
I put all my updates in my timeline when the event takes place. But I see no need to make special announcments like some do. "Approved!", "Got My 2nd NOA!" or whatever. I don't see the need to make a post like that.

Right, but I mean some people don't update their timeline or make anything known about their process, that's all.

When some, including myself, have tried to post their "updates" they were accused of pushing good news in the faces of others or negatively responded to. This kind of negativity on the board is what keeps many members here silent or private, or causes them to leave entirely. It's unfortunate but I know of many who do not post much of anything or include their information.

I wish everyone good luck on their continued journeys.

Jean, weren't you just pleading with Ewok the other day to disable your account?

you should just shut up and learn to be happy for wife beaters who get their green cards.

the fact that this person can't distinguish the difference between people saying ####### when they read about a man who assaults his wife breezing through aos without even an interview vs. men and women who are decent and law-abiding and don't assault their spouses and who sometimes wait years for theirs, is almost comical. mostly depressing though. people were negative because there's already too many wife beaters here. we don't need or want anymore. it has nothing to do with being jealous of this half-wit's absurd definition of "good news".

reported.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

there's nothing to report. and coming from a pig who jokes about napalm in off-topic, pretty hard to take seriously.

pulitzer_nick_ut_vietnam_napalm_kim_phuc_6872_L.jpg

omigod, so funny! this is comedic gold right here!

save the righteous indignation for someone else. you are far too vile, and well known as such, to get away with it here.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Timeline
there's nothing to report. and coming from a pig who jokes about napalm in off-topic, pretty hard to take seriously.

pulitzer_nick_ut_vietnam_napalm_kim_phuc_6872_L.jpg

omigod, so funny! this is comedic gold right here!

save the righteous indignation for someone else. you are far too vile, and well known as such, to get away with it here.

calling people pigs also got you reported. care to go for three?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.