sarah and hicham

Sharing updates on VJ

93 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
We have been on 8 months+ on A/P so i don't have any interesting news. But its nice to see where everyone is in the process so that we all have an idea of where everyone is. Although when we got on A/P i went by the estimated wait time which seems to be 1-7 months going through Cairo ( K-1 i mean) and i am past that now so all i can do is just pray this nightmare will be over soon.

AJ1

I'm right with you on the AP waiting list AJ1. It's been almost 6 months and nothing new to post about. Can't wait until all of us going the thus nightmare of AP can post good news!

I don't post mine because it would be helpful to no one. No mystery about that.

How do you know it wouldnt be helpful to someone? :unsure:

To be honest, you have been on the boards for a long time and I know nothing at all about your immigration process. I have only heard about your hubby but not what you filed for, or any other details of where you are in the process.

Edited by ♥JP♥

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

What I filed for is in every post. It's no secret, I've discussed it in the past.

Ok but that doesnt mean your situation won't be helpful to someone out there. Maybe even parts of your situation could be helpful.

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

My timeline is meaningless to anyone. I help in other ways. If something significant happens tho, I will consider sharing. :)

Ok well I just don't agree so I guess we just have to agree to disagree. I think everyone's timeline is helpful in one way or another.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Anyone could say that their timeline won't be helpful to others. I could say that mine isn't helpful to others, but how can I really know that? I'm sure people have looked at my timeline, especially when we were filing and I'm sure it helped them in some way or another without me knowing. Who knows when someone might come along and search for others in their same situation, and find their timeline to be helpful. A lot of members use eachothers timelines and updates to help them through their own process.

Filed: Other Timeline

I haven't been real active on the boards because I assume that if someone has a question or if they want to know more about our visa journey then they would feel more comfortable PMing me after they performed a timeline search. I know, not always a good thing to assume, but that is why I don't post about our visa journey. :)

Timeline

I think I would have to agree with Sarah. If someone looks at a timeline for their county and picks your profile among say 5 other random ones and sees you have a large gap or a small gap or whatever might be similar to their sitiuation they are more forth coming with questions and concerns the cumulative group can help with. I kind of agree, why be on an immigration site if you're not interested in sharing those kinds of basic details?

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Timeline

I would like to share my personnel experience with timeline updates ... that really help me to estimate the time when we'll get the approval notice and i told her and it happened ... so reading the timeline and other people experience help a lot who are going to pass by same gate ... no matter what was the experience bad or good ... it will be helpful!!!

About the evil eyes I guess that is jus there in Arabic countries ... cause if you pass by other profile you will find a lot of information’s and a lot of help from other member from other countries ... but here between us we just be envious which we don’t need … cause we are all in swimming in the same ocean and we should all get in safety cost … without help most of us will be sinking … so let’s unit and pray all to god to help us.

Thank you!

"An unexamined life is not worth living." -- Socrates

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I put all my updates in my timeline when the event takes place. But I see no need to make special announcments like some do. "Approved!", "Got My 2nd NOA!" or whatever. I don't see the need to make a post like that.

Right, but I mean some people don't update their timeline or make anything known about their process, that's all.

When some, including myself, have tried to post their "updates" they were accused of pushing good news in the faces of others or negatively responded to. This kind of negativity on the board is what keeps many members here silent or private, or causes them to leave entirely. It's unfortunate but I know of many who do not post much of anything or include their information.

I wish everyone good luck on their continued journeys.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

I think it's really helpful when members update their timelines and share other information about their journey, and a basic timeline is especially helpful. But the statistics here are never going to be entirely accurate anyway, and as for other personal information, this is a public board. Members should not feel pressured to share more than they are comfortable sharing. And just because some details have already been shared, a member is not then obligated to continue updating. A member may share a painful story, receive criticism or second-guessing, protest, and then be criticized for "putting themselves out there" on a public board in the first place. To avoid this emotional stress, it may be healthier for that member to stay silent for a while. We each have to act in our own best interest and that of our relationship first. That's why most of us are here to begin with. Statistics and helping other members are also important, but secondary.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Filed: Timeline
I think it's really helpful when members update their timelines and share other information about their journey, and a basic timeline is especially helpful. But the statistics here are never going to be entirely accurate anyway, and as for other personal information, this is a public board. Members should not feel pressured to share more than they are comfortable sharing. And just because some details have already been shared, a member is not then obligated to continue updating. A member may share a painful story, receive criticism or second-guessing, protest, and then be criticized for "putting themselves out there" on a public board in the first place. To avoid this emotional stress, it may be healthier for that member to stay silent for a while. We each have to act in our own best interest and that of our relationship first. That's why most of us are here to begin with. Statistics and helping other members are also important, but secondary.

The timelines are critical because they help other members calculate how long they might be at NVC or in USCIS and how long they could maybe expect to wait for their interview after getting their NOA2. I personally always get mad when I see people NOT filling in their dates because we all need them to be able to make the visa journey timeline work.... It wont if people dont post the event dates in their case... Even if things go wrong, ill still post them because its really important to someone coming behind me when they are filing...

When someone doesnt post any dates, I find it very weird... like they are hiding something or something... Like maybe they are not still married and want to post or something. Why wouldnt soomeone post timeline dates and help the group ascertain timelines projected approvals.. Filling in my timeline was the FIRST thing I did when I got my approval from USCIS

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

The timelines are critical because they help other members calculate how long they might be at NVC or in USCIS and how long they could maybe expect to wait for their interview after getting their NOA2. I personally always get mad when I see people NOT filling in their dates because we all need them to be able to make the visa journey timeline work.... It wont if people dont post the event dates in their case... Even if things go wrong, ill still post them because its really important to someone coming behind me when they are filing...

When someone doesnt post any dates, I find it very weird... like they are hiding something or something... Like maybe they are not still married and want to post or something. Why wouldnt soomeone post timeline dates and help the group ascertain timelines projected approvals.. Filling in my timeline was the FIRST thing I did when I got my approval from USCIS

I agree to a point. I would imagine that some who are not still married started their timeline (and their marriage) in good faith and intended to update regularly. The marriage ends or hits a bad patch, it hurts, they don't want to talk about it on VJ, and their timeline is left hanging there, unfinished. And I agree that it is misleading. It might be better to just delete their timeline altogether so as not to skew the stats. But I still don't think that starting a timeline and sharing other info in the beginning when circumstances are happy and hopeful obligates that person to continue dishing out their personal info when things go south or even just get rocky for a time.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.