Maga

Federal income tax documents

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

hello everybody.

i'm new in this forum... and would like to hear an advice from you, guys..

i entered the US on J1 in may, not subject to 2 year rule... me and my husbund got married in august and mailed petition, AOS, EAD on 10/29/2007. on 11/29/2007 i have biometrics appoinment.

but on 10/16/2007 i got a letter from Uscis "request for initial evidence (i-485)"

the letter says that "Petitioner/sponsor submitted a Form I-864-EZ that was signed more than six month after filing of federal tax forms. in arder to process your application further, the petitioner needs to submit Federal income tax documents for the most recent tax year".

my husband gave me his form W-2 Wage and tax Statement...and this is what we have submitted with our I-864-EZ....and now we have no idea where to get his Federal income tax document and how long it may take and what is the shortest way to do it. may it anyhow affect our case?

can someone tell me what to do in this situation?

thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Get an IRS transcript for 2006 tax year.

They want a copy of 1040 for 2006 along with the W2, OR a simple IRS transcript for 2006.

http://www.irs.gov/faqs/faq1-6.html

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
hello everybody.

i entered the US on J1 in may, not subject to 2 year rule... me and my husbund got married in august and mailed petition, AOS, EAD on 10/29/2007. on 11/29/2007 i have biometrics appoinment.

but on 10/16/2007 i got a letter from Uscis "request for initial evidence (i-485)"

the letter says that "Petitioner/sponsor submitted a Form I-864-EZ that was signed more than six month after filing of federal tax forms. in arder to process your application further, the petitioner needs to submit Federal income tax documents for the most recent tax year".

my husband gave me his form W-2 Wage and tax Statement...and this is what we have submitted with our I-864-EZ....and now we have no idea where to get his Federal income tax document and how long it may take and what is the shortest way to do it. may it anyhow affect our case?

thanks.

The easy way, as Dan says, is to get the transcript for 2006. However, we get a lot of questions from people confused about tax returns. A W2 is not a tax return and a 1040 without the supporting W2 and/or 1099 forms is incomplete. When tax returns are referred to, it means the full tax return including the documents that indicate the source and amount of income. Anybody can fill out a 1040 and put any numbers on it they want. It doesn't mean the numbers are real or that the IRS has ever seen this form.

Transcripts are preferred because they are short and have the actual information on record with the IRS. Tax "returns" can be many pages long but are incomplete without W2/1099.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

thanks a lot. so i basically just call them and order tax return transcripts? this is what they are asking for or do we need to request a COPY OF TAX RETURN?

do u know how long does it take? thanks a lot again...

and one more question....may it anyhow affect our case, that we haven't sent transcripts right away?

Edited by Maga

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

I got tax transcripts recently and if I recall correctly it took a week or maybe two.

2007/07/08 - Married

2007/11/07 - Mailed I-130, I-485, I-765

2007/11/09 - Received in Chicago

2007/11/19 - Checks cashed

2007/11/19 - NOA1 Notice date, I-130, I-485, I-765

2007/11/21 - biometrics notice date

2007/11/24 - NOA1 received

2007/11/27 - biometrics notice received, appt 12/08

2007/11/28 - biometrics taken (went early)

2007/11/28 - AOS,EAD touched

2007/11/29 - AOS,EAD touched

2007/12/27 - interview notice received, appt 02/07

2008/01/03 - EAD card production ordered

2008/01/04 - EAD touched

2008/01/08 - EAD card production ordered again

2008/01/09 - EAD touched

2008/01/11 - EAD card received in mail

2008/02/07 - Interview - AOS approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
hello everybody.

thanks.

I would strongly recommend that while you are at it, get the past three years worth of IRS tax transcripts from IRS to submit, it will definitely help your chances of not getting a RFE when submitting your application.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello everybody!

My husband got his IRS tax transcript in mail today... it took them 2 week to mail it... so tired of waiting...

Now we need to submit it with the pink RFE letter

My question is: Is there any proper way to submit editional evidence...or i just simply mail to USCIS with the pink letter?

Do we have to include any cover letters or anything.?

And what should we get fron USCIS after they recieve additional documents?

Thanks a lot again.

hello everybody.

thanks.

The easy way, as Dan says, is to get the transcript for 2006. However, we get a lot of questions from people confused about tax returns. A W2 is not a tax return and a 1040 without the supporting W2 and/or 1099 forms is incomplete. When tax returns are referred to, it means the full tax return including the documents that indicate the source and amount of income. Anybody can fill out a 1040 and put any numbers on it they want. It doesn't mean the numbers are real or that the IRS has ever seen this form.

Transcripts are preferred because they are short and have the actual information on record with the IRS. Tax "returns" can be many pages long but are incomplete without W2/1099.

I have a sneaking suspicion that a lot of the RFEs for tax returns that people insist they already sent were missing one or the other. This should be highlighted.

I ordered transcripts for our case. We ordered the free ones (call the IRS's number, put in your social security number, punch in the years you want, easy peasy.) Makes it easier to keep track of, and they say they preferred it.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Look up the customer service number for IRS on website and call them, have the tax filer that is using their tax returns call and ask for their past three years most current tax transcripts, more than likely 2004, 2005 and 2006. These will help you when applying for AOS, USCIS likes them it appears and seems to improve your chances of not getting a RFE with submitting them with your documents, just observation. :dance:

hello everybody.

thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.