Marry American

Can Muslim men attend church services with their spouses?

52 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Asking a Muslim man (or woman) to attend Church services is asking him/her to participate / associate in the worship of someone other than what Islam teaches is the one and only true god. This is equivalent to asking him/her to commit what they believe in their heart is a mortal sin, whether you realize it or not.

I can tell that you know the sweetness of the faith, brother. However, it is certainly possible for a Muslim to attend church services and not come away corrupted or sinful. For a Muslim who is solid in Islam, the worship of Christians isn't a problem. We don't participate, but we can appreciate the meaning such worship has for our loved one. The US is full of Christians, or at least people who claim to be so. If Muslims worried about merely associating with Christian doctrine and practice, we would be committing shirk everywhere, especially this time of year.

We are called upon to speak to them with beautiful words, to know each other and not despise each other. Allah says that it is His Plan that we do not all believe the same, and that we are to strive toward Him with those things which we have in common. We can't ask non-Muslims to come among us, to our masjids and events, and experience our acts of faith if we feel that by doing the same with them, we will be committing a mortal sin. We don't have to believe what they believe, but Allah is the best of planners. He alone decides whom He guides and whom He leads astray. Going to church cannot change you unless He wants your heart to be changed.

Edited by Green-eyed girl

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
My point of responding though is to say to you ladies, most of you have liars for husbands, sorry to be the one to tell you.

:pop:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
LOL! I think the person who wrote this really wanted answers and honest answers. Excuse my language, but what I read from the "so called Muslims" are bulls***t on this board. I loved the honesty from the non-Muslims on here. The Muslim men, well this is funny.

For the life of me I can't understand why these men can't be honest. First of all, Yes the most accepted story is Jesus(peace be upon him) was replaced on the cross, and taken up to Heaven by Allah(swt), like Jacob ladder people. I believe it was Jacob who went up to heaven on a ladder according to the bible. Correct me if I'm wrong. Their was 2 criminals up with Jesus(peace be upon him), and Allah(swt) took Jesus up, saved him from dying on the cross and changed the face of the other criminal and that's when the criminal yelled "Allah, why have thou forsaken me." Just think about it. If Jesus(peace be upon him" knew his job was to die for all human sins, he would've never yelled "why did thou forsaken me" and accepted his fate or job or assigned task. That's all folks, no big differences in Islam and Christianity then this. Jesus didn't know this word Christianity, because even in the bible he said he didn't come to bring anything new. Just fullfill the law sent to Moses(peace be upon him). That's why Jewish people can't accept Christianity as well as Muslims. We don't lie and make up things about Jesus that he didn't say himself.

My point of responding though is to say to you ladies, most of you have liars for husbands, sorry to be the one to tell you. If he really didn't think it was a problem to attend services with you. Tell him to convert and see his reaction. I promise you if you told him you read it here, they would accuse me of being crazy. It's so typical of them. Then wait 5,10 years and see how he changed on you.

Jews and Muslims don't worship Jesus as the Christians, so please don't accept or believe we are worshiping the same God. Jesus was created and God was not. It's correct to a Muslim and Jew to say Jesus prayed and worship God, and that God we worship also. I think that Muslim men should have explain this one MOST IMPORTANT thing. Muslims just won't ever believe God created Mary and inpregnated himself in her and made her give birth to him, so, I believe the men should be clear and honest about this. I think they should explain why church is not a place they would want to go, and also Jewish men. The ones that go now, will one day lose his patience with you and then you will not understand what has happen to "open- minded" Ahmed, to him it's just being polite and not wanting to hurt your feelings.

I really wish a lot of women before getting involved with Muslim and Jewish Men would learn more about their religion and not brush it off as well "he is different" and we won't have to deal with these questions and problems after marrying.

I still advise women till this day to get over your lust of Mohammeds and Ahmeds and ask him plain and simply, how important Allah is to him? Second question is Who would you worship Allah or Jesus? Third question...Who would you like your children to worship? If it's different from what you believe get over him and move on. If you think he will change..check the stats and see how many of them convert out of Islam. So for me it's better to suffer with his lost before marriage then after especially with children involved.

7wq1j5u.jpg

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
LOL! I think the person who wrote this really wanted answers and honest answers. Excuse my language, but what I read from the "so called Muslims" are bulls***t on this board. I loved the honesty from the non-Muslims on here. The Muslim men, well this is funny.

For the life of me I can't understand why these men can't be honest. First of all, Yes the most accepted story is Jesus(peace be upon him) was replaced on the cross, and taken up to Heaven by Allah(swt), like Jacob ladder people. I believe it was Jacob who went up to heaven on a ladder according to the bible. Correct me if I'm wrong. Their was 2 criminals up with Jesus(peace be upon him), and Allah(swt) took Jesus up, saved him from dying on the cross and changed the face of the other criminal and that's when the criminal yelled "Allah, why have thou forsaken me." Just think about it. If Jesus(peace be upon him" knew his job was to die for all human sins, he would've never yelled "why did thou forsaken me" and accepted his fate or job or assigned task. That's all folks, no big differences in Islam and Christianity then this. Jesus didn't know this word Christianity, because even in the bible he said he didn't come to bring anything new. Just fullfill the law sent to Moses(peace be upon him). That's why Jewish people can't accept Christianity as well as Muslims. We don't lie and make up things about Jesus that he didn't say himself.

My point of responding though is to say to you ladies, most of you have liars for husbands, sorry to be the one to tell you. If he really didn't think it was a problem to attend services with you. Tell him to convert and see his reaction. I promise you if you told him you read it here, they would accuse me of being crazy. It's so typical of them. Then wait 5,10 years and see how he changed on you.

Jews and Muslims don't worship Jesus as the Christians, so please don't accept or believe we are worshiping the same God. Jesus was created and God was not. It's correct to a Muslim and Jew to say Jesus prayed and worship God, and that God we worship also. I think that Muslim men should have explain this one MOST IMPORTANT thing. Muslims just won't ever believe God created Mary and inpregnated himself in her and made her give birth to him, so, I believe the men should be clear and honest about this. I think they should explain why church is not a place they would want to go, and also Jewish men. The ones that go now, will one day lose his patience with you and then you will not understand what has happen to "open- minded" Ahmed, to him it's just being polite and not wanting to hurt your feelings.

I really wish a lot of women before getting involved with Muslim and Jewish Men would learn more about their religion and not brush it off as well "he is different" and we won't have to deal with these questions and problems after marrying.

I still advise women till this day to get over your lust of Mohammeds and Ahmeds and ask him plain and simply, how important Allah is to him? Second question is Who would you worship Allah or Jesus? Third question...Who would you like your children to worship? If it's different from what you believe get over him and move on. If you think he will change..check the stats and see how many of them convert out of Islam. So for me it's better to suffer with his lost before marriage then after especially with children involved.

I neither want nor expect my husband to convert. His faith is a huge part of who he is, even most of who he is. If I desire a fundamental change in that, then yes, we have a problem. If he chooses to go with me to church, that does not set a precedent. There's no expectation that he will go the next week or ever again in his life, and he knows this. And he has always made it clear that he believes Jesus was a prophet, not God and not God's son.

I do agree that religion is a very serious issue that should be discussed long before there is a commitment to marriage. But if an interfaith couple has discussed it at length, and continues to discuss it throughout their marriage instead of writing it off as a completed and closed issue after the vows are taken, I believe it's possible to have a healthy marriage without either partner being a liar.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Filed: Timeline

Thank you, and please realize my point. I know both lives, which is why i did with (some teasing i know) pick playtime...but seriously? You are speaking to a revert, if you can know that, and one who realizes that to truly follow this faith even participating in church is dangerously close to a mortal act. I know the motive behind the original question, please believe me.

I got my azz beat enough in Jesus name when I was a kid to know Christianity. I participated enough to know exactly what it teaches, and exactly how they act, know it up and down. What is is the bible a minister can be paid to interpret however they want, it will be the downfall of the final church (God has spoken that he will spit the final church out of his mouth because it is lukewarm, Revelations)

I would never step foot in a church again, but i very much enjoy my community Masjid where if i see a sister i drop my eyes and know that there is mutual respect between all of us. I go there to pray, learn, take lesson, and for no other purpose

Asaalaam

Asking a Muslim man (or woman) to attend Church services is asking him/her to participate / associate in the worship of someone other than what Islam teaches is the one and only true god. This is equivalent to asking him/her to commit what they believe in their heart is a mortal sin, whether you realize it or not.

I can tell that you know the sweetness of the faith, brother. However, it is certainly possible for a Muslim to attend church services and not come away corrupted or sinful. For a Muslim who is solid in Islam, the worship of Christians isn't a problem. We don't participate, but we can appreciate the meaning such worship has for our loved one. The US is full of Christians, or at least people who claim to be so. If Muslims worried about merely associating with Christian doctrine and practice, we would be committing shirk everywhere, especially this time of year.

We are called upon to speak to them with beautiful words, to know each other and not despise each other. Allah says that it is His Plan that we do not all believe the same, and that we are to strive toward Him with those things which we have in common. We can't ask non-Muslims to come among us, to our masjids and events, and experience our acts of faith if we feel that by doing the same with them, we will be committing a mortal sin. We don't have to believe what they believe, but Allah is the best of planners. He alone decides whom He guides and whom He leads astray. Going to church cannot change you unless He wants your heart to be changed.

Usually my friend I agree with you. Advise to put the popcorn away and hunt somewhere else

My point of responding though is to say to you ladies, most of you have liars for husbands, sorry to be the one to tell you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Edited by i adore you

Timeline

The reason I posted this question has previously been stated. I will not again explain the reasons why I asked the question. Secondly, I do not care what my husband believes in nor do I care. I married him because I love him not because his name is Mohammed or Ahmed. (LOL-who as a Christian would be interested in a man because he is Muslim) I am a Christian. He is a muslim. We have had no difficulty in my belief that Jesus was the son of God versus him believing that Jesus was a prophet. We were both fully aware of our beliefs before we married. I will not ask him to convert because I do not want or need him to. Since he is the man of our house-if at some point he wants me to convert, it will be discussed at that time. Maybe it might be a possibility. As is stands now, we are both perfectly happy as we are. As far as our future baby, he can raise her as he believes if he likes. The choice is his.

He was not wise on if being a Muslim it was against the Kuran or not attending church services with me. Maybe if people stuck to actual passages, it would not be such a debate. He wants our family to have a spiritual upbringing no matter what the belief system is.

I wish people would show their real identities instead of hiding :wacko:

I was not hiding. I was actually trying to bridge the distance between church and Islam, as i know both. I know that a marriage can be fulfilling, and true, but you really need to not pressure your husband to do this thing, and if you are a church-goer then he should allow you to do that. I, the cajun alaskan texan who knows, cannot see the bridge between the two.

The reason I posted this question has previously been stated. I will not again explain the reasons why I asked the question. Secondly, I do not care what my husband believes in nor do I care. I married him because I love him not because his name is Mohammed or Ahmed. (LOL-who as a Christian would be interested in a man because he is Muslim) I am a Christian. He is a muslim. We have had no difficulty in my belief that Jesus was the son of God versus him believing that Jesus was a prophet. We were both fully aware of our beliefs before we married. I will not ask him to convert because I do not want or need him to. Since he is the man of our house-if at some point he wants me to convert, it will be discussed at that time. Maybe it might be a possibility. As is stands now, we are both perfectly happy as we are. As far as our future baby, he can raise her as he believes if he likes. The choice is his.

He was not wise on if being a Muslim it was against the Kuran or not attending church services with me. Maybe if people stuck to actual passages, it would not be such a debate. He wants our family to have a spiritual upbringing no matter what the belief system is.

Timeline
For a marriage between a muslim and non-muslim to work, there has to be a spiritual separation, a complete separation, between the two sets of beliefs. They cannot be merged.

Christians get to pick and choose what parts of the Bible they want to follow and, say, what parts they might sort of well ignore? Islam does not permit one to pick and choose which passages of the Quran to ignore and which passages are convenient to follow. Which, I believe, might also be a fundamental difference between Christianity and Islam.

We have discussed our beliefs and they have not been completely seperate. (so far so good)

I have found that Muslim men get to pick and choose what parts of the Quran they want to follow as well as Christians.

Timeline
I was not hiding. I was actually trying to bridge the distance between church and Islam, as i know both. I know that a marriage can be fulfilling, and true, but you really need to not pressure your husband to do this thing, and if you are a church-goer then he should allow you to do that. I, the cajun alaskan texan who knows, cannot see the bridge between the two.

My husband first of all can not allow me to do anything. I can do whatever I please just like before I married him. The intended purpose of the question was so that we can attend my church services as a family. He did not know if this would be a good idea or not.

I was not referring to you as far as hiding.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Usually my friend I agree with you. Advise to put the popcorn away and hunt somewhere else

remains to be seen.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

I, the cajun alaskan texan who knows, cannot see the bridge between the two.

Insha'allah, some day you will be able to see the bridge between Islam and our sister Abrahamic faiths, and Insha'allah, it will be Allah who shows you the way. I find that drawing of boundaries is strong among many reverts, as if they were harmed by their former faith and/or need to show their loyalty to their adopted one. I am not a revert, and have had no such barriers to interfaith sharing, as best I can. But I do try to listen to what reverts like yourself go through to take on a new faith, and how you feel the need to separate, although I doubt I will ever fully understand.

My Christian husband was a blessing to me and helped to make me a kinder person toward those who believe not as I do. Because of him, I got the motivation to learn more about God and faith, and the common experience of those who take differing paths to Him. If we had been the same, I may have settled for being lead, but that is not what was in the cards.

Best to you on your spiritual and visa journey!

Edited by Green-eyed girl

I have no doubt about that. Having been exposed to how things are here

For a marriage between a muslim and non-muslim to work, there has to be a spiritual separation, a complete separation, between the two sets of beliefs. They cannot be merged.

Christians get to pick and choose what parts of the Bible they want to follow and, say, what parts they might sort of well ignore? Islam does not permit one to pick and choose which passages of the Quran to ignore and which passages are convenient to follow. Which, I believe, might also be a fundamental difference between Christianity and Islam.

We have discussed our beliefs and they have not been completely seperate. (so far so good)

I have found that Muslim men get to pick and choose what parts of the Quran they want to follow as well as Christians.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.