russ

Favorite Pictures in Russia

279 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I had the extraordinary luck to fall in love with a person whose best friend is a professional photographer. The friend, Aza, followed us around for a few days and took hundreds of photos and worked some of them in Photoshop. I have them all over my house. It looks like a shrine to my Tanya.

Here are some of her photos and some that were taken by her husband, Sergey. I also have several that were taken of the 2 of us in our photos in our profile. Goes without saying that the photos of us together are my favorites.

Me and Aza in Baskin Robbins in Taganrog.

TANYA109.jpg

Me on Sergey's Jawa! Sergey fancies himself a Russian biker. If I win the lotto I promised to send him a Harley!

canon756.jpg

Then there was this silly punching game down on Pushkinskaya Quay. Just seemed like a photo op!

canon841.jpg

Asa & Sergey's beautiful daughter, Masha. The subject of many of Aza's photos.

canon876.jpg

Port of Taganrog with the Yacht Club in the foreground.

TANYA272.jpg

The big monster is going to bite off the head of the young princess!

canon724.jpg

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensedregistered pharmacist". (because somebody gives a damn)

Russia-USA.png

Together at last!!!

Entry 4/8/08

Marriage 6/7/08

LAISSEZ LES BONS TEMPS ROULER!!

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Kids Birthday party

post-3365-1200581891_thumb.jpg

post-3365-1200581911_thumb.jpg

post-3365-1200581919_thumb.jpg

Edited by kud

Please fill in your TIMELINE!!!

I-751

10/19/2006 I-751 send to Vermont

11/07/2006 NOA (Kids)

12/01/2006 BIO Appointment (Kids)

04/02/2007 NOA (Wife dated 11/7)

04/11/2007 BIO (Wife 2nd )

06/07/2007 received all 3 approval emails

06/11/2007 Green cards in Mailbox

N-400

09/17/2007 N-400 sent to Vermont

09/20/2007 signed for

11/21/2007 Check Cashed

12/11/2007 Noaa mailed

12/14/2007 Noaa arrives in mailbox

12/15/2007 Biometrics letter in mailbox

12/29/2007 Biometrics Appointment

04/03/2008 Interview letter arrives

05/22/2008 Interview passed, But waiting on two A-Files to be integrated into one.

07/28/2008 Infopass Appointment

09/19/2008 Citizenship Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I concur! Time to share another...

Theatre «Уникс» in Kazan' by the State university near Ul. Baumana, where my Alla performed at. (Note: The "Work In The U.S." poster on the building)

Nice pics everyone, I'm really glad this thread was resurrected.

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: Timeline

Those Megafon ads were plastered everywhere in Y-O. On the weekends a bunch of women dressed in green jumpers stood at intersections and in the middle of the street when traffic was stopped handing out Megafon fliers to all the pedestrians. The fliers had little pedestrian symbols and stoplights on them, so at first I thought they were crossing guards and that it was some kind of public safety campaign. Then when I actually read (and by that I mean I looked at the pictures in) the flier I figured out they were just adverts. Damn, wish I'd taken pics of that, it was kind of surreal to see all those women in bright green weaving in and out of the pedestrian traffic. I do still have my flier though, maybe I'll scan and post it.

Timeline

Oh, I know! I love the way they market and advertise. There is a whole agency in Kazan' that hires pretty girls for this. Some were recruited from Alla's theatre. They walk around the street in matching attire yelling through bull horns handing out literature. I liked the "Beeline" girls too.

Those Megafon ads were plastered everywhere in Y-O. On the weekends a bunch of women dressed in green jumpers stood at intersections and in the middle of the street when traffic was stopped handing out Megafon fliers to all the pedestrians. The fliers had little pedestrian symbols and stoplights on them, so at first I thought they were crossing guards and that it was some kind of public safety campaign. Then when I actually read (and by that I mean I looked at the pictures in) the flier I figured out they were just adverts. Damn, wish I'd taken pics of that, it was kind of surreal to see all those women in bright green weaving in and out of the pedestrian traffic. I do still have my flier though, maybe I'll scan and post it.

Jeffery AND Alla.

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Actually, I prefer the Russian cheap stuff. It, well, cleans better! :lol:

Uh-huh, if you don't mind losing a layer of skin at the same time. And while I don't generally like losing a layer of skin anywhere, that's one of the areas I *least* like losing it.

Back in my military days that "official issue TP" was refered to as the "John Wayne" TP. Rough, tough, and didn't take any $#!t off of anyone.

I agree though, it is an "acquired taste" as I've grown quite used to the cheap stuff as well. Throw a little angel soft squeezable quilted stuff back there and I get a memo later asking "what was that, a pampering?"

Although I've got to say the absolute worst TP in the world is the little squares that come in the MREs. (Meals ready to eat. GI Joe food.) They come with these little 4" X 4" pieces of napkins that are passed off as toilet tissue. From what I've been told (I was in the Air Force, remember. We never actually had to use the restroom out there in the woods.) it takes at least a squad-sized collection of them to "get the job done."

Edited: Oh, and by the way, the pictures are great too. Keep 'em coming!

Edited by slim

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Uh-huh, if you don't mind losing a layer of skin at the same time. And while I don't generally like losing a layer of skin anywhere, that's one of the areas I *least* like losing it.

Back in my military days that "official issue TP" was refered to as the "John Wayne" TP. Rough, tough, and didn't take any $#!t off of anyone.

I agree though, it is an "acquired taste" as I've grown quite used to the cheap stuff as well. Throw a little angel soft squeezable quilted stuff back there and I get a memo later asking "what was that, a pampering?"

Although I've got to say the absolute worst TP in the world is the little squares that come in the MREs. (Meals ready to eat. GI Joe food.) They come with these little 4" X 4" pieces of napkins that are passed off as toilet tissue. From what I've been told (I was in the Air Force, remember. We never actually had to use the restroom out there in the woods.) it takes at least a squad-sized collection of them to "get the job done."

the $hit paper in MREs is horrible. But trust me, you quickly become an artist. Most troops will tell you that its easier to use a few squares at a time, strategically patterned in your hand, so that you finish the job in one crescent-turned swipe. Perhaps that's too much info :blink: Haha. Damn MREs. Hope I never see one of those again!

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Timeline

ROTFLMAO! :lol::lol::lol:

the $hit paper in MREs is horrible. But trust me, you quickly become an artist. Most troops will tell you that its easier to use a few squares at a time, strategically patterned in your hand, so that you finish the job in one crescent-turned swipe. Perhaps that's too much info :blink: Haha. Damn MREs. Hope I never see one of those again!

Jeffery AND Alla.

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Timeline

I don't know why but... I am having trouble posting a pic now, every time it shows

<<Select a file

Attachment space used 942.48k of 1000k>>>

says I only have room for 57.54k

it has been like this for a day or two, how do I clear away the 942.48k?

I don't even see any attachment... attached to the browse-upload thing.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Timeline
I don't know why but... I am having trouble posting a pic now, every time it shows

<<Select a file

Damn, I cant remember. Is this maybe your avatar? Or the profile pic? Something like that. from what I remember its easier to just open an account at photobucket.com and post your photos there. Then simply link them to this thread in your post. Been awhile since I did it, but I think that's how I did it. Guess I'll take some time this afternoon and finally post some pics from Russia that I have.

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

31 May 08 - Married

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Timeline
So...wow! The amazing morphing thread. Wonder what page 5 is going to bring us! :lol:

Our Russian crowd is a crazy bunch! We seem compelled to morph any thread within this forum. Ah, well it keeps it interesting and definitely entertaining. 2 months ago this forum seemed pretty quiet. then a bunch of us started getting our NOA2s and this forum is coming back to life.

31 May 08 - Married

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Filed: Timeline

<<Select a file

At the top of the page click on "My controls" then on the left hand Menu you'll see an "Options" heading. Under that is a link for managing your attachments. You'll have to remove some pics there.

The amount of space they give you on these boards is ridiculously small, which is why I usually use Flickr and then just link to here.

No, this is too much info. (I actually typed it up yesterday and then re-read it saying to myself, "that's too much info.")

One of my supervisors, who was a crusty old guy that was in the military "back when Christ was a corporal" told me the best way to use that MRE $hit paper was to fold it in half diagonally and then tear off a little hole in the middle. "But don't throw that middle piece away, you're going to need it later."

"Ok, Sarge."

"So you've got this little square piece of TP with the hole in the middle. What you do is stick your thumb through the hole and then stick it all way up in your (***CENSORED***) and wiggle it around and then pull it out, kind of like how you you'd clean your rifle with a cleaning patch. Pull the rod and the patch from the bore to the muzzle and it's all clean. Same thing with your thumb and that little square of TP. Works every time."

"Yeah, but why did I save that little middle piece that I ripped off?"

"Oh, that little middle piece. You use that to clean under your thumbnail when you're done. Now you see why it's so important to keep that little piece?"

(The horrible part of all of this is this is actually a true story that was told to me at Thumrait Air Base in the Sultanate of Oman, circa 1998.)

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.