Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On November 19, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

ssssoooo i am guessing we got approved????? so much for the rfe for medicall.....

Congratulations!!!! :thumbs:

04/23/07: petition sent to TSC

05/01/07: petition received at CSC

05/01/07: NOA1 Date.....no hard copy

08/06/07: Fiance called USCIS for info aboout NOA1 hard copy

08/07/07: Touch

08/08/07: Touch

08/09/07: Touch

08/10/07: Touch

08/11/07: NOA1 hard copy

08/21/07: Touch due to phone call was told that our case has been assigned

08/27/07: Touch

08/28/07: APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( Received e-mail that our case has been approved on the 27th)

09/18/07: Petition left CSC

09/24/07: NVC received Petition

09/26/07: Petition left NVC

10/02/07: Kingston Embassy received Petition

10/04/07: sent off DS-230 part 1 (sent via courier service)

10/09/07: Packet 3 received

10/09/07: Drop off DS-230 part 1 (in person)

12/03/07: Medical

12/18/07: INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!!!!!

01/04/08: VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!

01/11/08: Arrived in the USA

03/23/08: WEDDING DATE

09/19/08: AOS approved

09/25/08: GC in hand

usaCa.gif

jamaicaCxa.gif

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Where is everyone? Participating in Cyber Monday?

I had a root canal on Saturday and had to leave work and come home due to severe pain..I'm now on Vidican (sp) man I feel good!!

anyone find any good deals over the weekend

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

WOW! Jonesie and Rhonda got preggers at the same time! Congrats girls! :thumbs:

Yes, Jengles, I found purely by accident and couldnt afford it, a Toshiba laptop computer at Walmart for $388. It was one of their online secret specials so they had it back behind the counter where layaway used to be. I asked, it was like five minutes to 5 am, so figured there was no chance. Well apparently a lot of folks didnt know about their secret online specials. They told me I might try to head back there, wasnt a big line at all. So I wondered back, there were maybe 20 people in line, but for various things. When they handed me one, I just stood there all surprised like, as two years ago I had tried to get one when they had over 60 of them, (but it was an advertised one) and it was a mob. where several people ended up in the hospital. I think I wrote about it here even, I was so mad I wrote corporate a letter but never heard from them. So, I had a computer, but couldnt afford it (both credit cards are maxed) but sis so kindly bought it for me. What a sweetheart. That was our biggest score! :dance: I hope its better than the Walmart stuff we got last year, bought a DVD and a printer for elcheapo and they are both junk. But already have stuff to take back that doesnt work properly. :crying:

Jill

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

Timeline

Well, trying to gather some stuff here. We are pitiful on showing we are a couple, I swear. We DO have a joint bank account. And I am on his life insurance thru work, two mutual credit cards but had that at AOS, so not sure it counts.

No car, no bills in his name tho. Its a tuff situation. He was lamenting other day, said not even sure why he got drivers license anyhow. Mom wont let him drive her car, and we cant afford a new one. Its 26 years old, for pity sake, but she is a stinker about it. We had the cell phone changed over, but the silly people left my sisters name on the bill instead of using his, to keep the account the same. sigh...

No trips, except one to Iowa this summer to meet some of his distant relatives for a reunion. Now THAT was fun, and he got to SEE a mixed household, unlike when we are in New York, and I am the only white amongst all Indians. Thats reminds me, how is ElizabethHenry, I have read like 200 pages up to May and havent seen her! Goodness! How are ya, girl? I dont know. Also that trip he took back in January to Guyana was just a killer, I think u remember I took a loan so he could go. Yikes. Now he wants to go again next summer, and I cant seem to make him understand that it really takes about 3 years to get ESTABLISHED, so you can afford trips, extras, cars, etc.

It doesnt help that I am not working but part time. I just dont think I can do full time, I sure wished I had the energy of most of you on here. So that has made us fall behind. AND I only just started working in June. And thanks to..who WAS it that mentioned the NARMS website, I cant remember, one of our guys here, and thank you so much. That is how I got my job. Thank you, thank you!

So thats a little update, I know..long posts, I am soooo bad for that even still it looks like! :whistle:

Hugs to all and welcome to all the newcomers!

Jill and Lake

Timeline

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

11-16-05 overnited RFE

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

Timeline
Well, trying to gather some stuff here. We are pitiful on showing we are a couple, I swear. We DO have a joint bank account. And I am on his life insurance thru work, two mutual credit cards but had that at AOS, so not sure it counts.

No car, no bills in his name tho. Its a tuff situation. He was lamenting other day, said not even sure why he got drivers license anyhow. Mom wont let him drive her car, and we cant afford a new one. Its 26 years old, for pity sake, but she is a stinker about it. We had the cell phone changed over, but the silly people left my sisters name on the bill instead of using his, to keep the account the same. sigh...

No trips, except one to Iowa this summer to meet some of his distant relatives for a reunion. Now THAT was fun, and he got to SEE a mixed household, unlike when we are in New York, and I am the only white amongst all Indians. Thats reminds me, how is ElizabethHenry, I have read like 200 pages up to May and havent seen her! Goodness! How are ya, girl? I dont know. Also that trip he took back in January to Guyana was just a killer, I think u remember I took a loan so he could go. Yikes. Now he wants to go again next summer, and I cant seem to make him understand that it really takes about 3 years to get ESTABLISHED, so you can afford trips, extras, cars, etc.

It doesnt help that I am not working but part time. I just dont think I can do full time, I sure wished I had the energy of most of you on here. So that has made us fall behind. AND I only just started working in June. And thanks to..who WAS it that mentioned the NARMS website, I cant remember, one of our guys here, and thank you so much. That is how I got my job. Thank you, thank you!

So thats a little update, I know..long posts, I am soooo bad for that even still it looks like! :whistle:

Hugs to all and welcome to all the newcomers!

Jill and Lake

well its a good thing he got the drivers license so his insurance will be cheaper when he gets a car tell him that

what part of new york do u live

I really didn't buy anything except for a learning toy for my son, it was $10.00 off. They only thing i need is a digital camera. I just didn't see anything I wanted.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I was reminded of this story today and since it made me laugh again, I thought I'd share.....

Before I met Andre, I dated this other Andre....who we will call Jacka$$ for fun.....and cause he is one! Well, Jacka$$ calls me one day and tells me he got me the coolest present. He went on and on about how amazing and cool it was for weeks. Now, I dated him about 5 months then and I thought he knew me pretty well. So, I go to visit and he hands me this belt. It's black with this silver lace all over it. Shiny silver lace. The buckle is this gigantic broach looking thing......like Grandma's favorite UGLY broach. It's at least 6 inches or so in diameter. A gigantic ugly silver flower. That......get this...........ARE YOU READY????????? It lights up. I kid you not. There are several buttons to push-----it lights up all white, flashing white, flashing red, blue, and yellow, and pulsating flashes of all 4 colors. It's so freaking ugly. And he's so excited about it. Made me wear it down to the disco. In fact, I think the first time I met Andre, I had this ugly a$$ thing on.

Of course, I have to call everyone and tell them about it when I get home. I rush over to my cousin's to show her how hidious it is. To recreate wearing it to the disco, I turn off her lights and dance around. My other cousin walks in the room and says "you know you have a neon sign pointing to your crouch?" I nearly peed my pants.

I still keep that ugly thing as a reminder of what a real jacka$$ he was and that he never really knew me at all. I also keep hoping the stupid battery will wear out one day!!!!!! Andre cracks up every time he sees it.

I'm not sure I've ever trusted a man to get me a gift after that incident.

Anyone get a more hideous present???????????????

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

I had to laugh, Jomo's girl. I used to go with this guy, who was VERY cheap. He made really nice money too, full time job, mechanic, still lived at home at the time so had plenty of moola, etc. It was Christmas and he raved about this present beforehand. Well, I opened it up and it was a watch from..guess where...KMart. He told me it was a VERY expensive watch! I asked HOW expensive????? It came to all of 19.95!!! To him that was expensive. This was a guy that never wanted to spend money on ME, but would drop 2 grand in a heartbeat on fancy car parts (they used to call them gearheads, now sure the jargon now)! Yea, I am old. lol I never forgot that, and believe it or not, I went with the stupid guy for almost 7 years. BLECHT! What a waste of my youth!

Timeline

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

11-16-05 overnited RFE

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

Timeline

Oh, Jengles...sorry. I am in Nebraska. The good old midwest...ugh. Lake likes it here tho, he didnt care for New York, too busy and too many people he says. Altho there is not any action here, I think he misses that a bit.

Timeline

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

11-16-05 overnited RFE

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi Family,

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and weekend. Jomo, sorry that it was a hectic day on Friday. I hope all Black Friday shoppers had a great day with fantastic deals. Did anyone else think that the deals were not as great as they were last year? :blink:

I saw this news story in today's Jamaica Gleaner: Clear up the immigration backlog for Caribbean applicants

Lots of love to all. :luv:

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We are still engaged. Donna was overwhelmed with entry into this country and having a wedding to plan for. Since we've backed off, our relationship is back where it needs to be. We are getting close to the 90 day date for the K-1 visa. If our marriage takes place after the 90 days, what will we need to do? Will there be a problem with the AOS?

AOS Journey:

30-Aug-2007 Arrived in US!!!

27-Nov-2007 Married

23-Jan-2008 Mailed AOS package

25-Jan-2008 AOS package received in Chicago

1-Feb-2008 Checks cashed

4-Feb-2008 received NOA for I-485 & I-765 in the mail

22-Feb-2008 Biometrics Appointment

31-Mar-2008 EAD Card Production

5-Apr-2008 Received EAD in mail

8-Apr-2008 Applied for SS

19-May-2008 SS card arrived in mail

19-May-2008 AOS approval arrived in mail

Timeline

**********TUESDAY CHUCKLE**********

Happy Tuesday All!!

Enjoy,

Gill

One Wish

A Jamaican woman was walking along the banks of Dunn's River Falls

when she stumbled upon a old empty bottle.

She picked it up and rubbed it, and lo-and-behold a Genie

appeared.

She talked with him awhile then the Genie told her he would grant

her ONE wish.

She said she heard from a cousin that she would get three wishes

if she ever found a Genie.

The Genie said,"Nope, sorry three-wish genies nuh real,

me is strictly a ONE-WISH Genie.So... what yuh want?"

The woman didn't hesitate.

She said, "I want peace in the Middle East. See this map,

I want these countries to stop fighting with each other

and I want all the Arabs to love Jews and Americans and

vice-versa. It will bring about world peace and harmony. "

The Genie looked at the map and exclaimed,

"Lawd Lady, A wah wrang wid yu? PLEASE BE REASONABLE!

Dem countries yah a war fi how much thousands of years.

Mi shut up inna dis bockle fi 'bout five hundred of dem dey years.

mi good but mi nuh dat good!

Mi nuh know if mi can grant dis one. Do Lady, mek another wish!!

Mi a beg yuh... Be reasonable."

The woman thought for a minute and said, "Well, I've never been

able to find the right Jamaican man... You know, one that is

considerate and fun, likes to dance and helps with the cooking

& house-cleaning, is great in bed FAITHFUL.

That's what I wish for... a good Jamaican man.

The Genie let out a long sigh, shook his head and said,

"Mek mi see di map again!!!!"

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
We are still engaged. Donna was overwhelmed with entry into this country and having a wedding to plan for. Since we've backed off, our relationship is back where it needs to be. We are getting close to the 90 day date for the K-1 visa. If our marriage takes place after the 90 days, what will we need to do? Will there be a problem with the AOS?

Hi Jay,

Unfortunately, from what I have read, I believe that no extensions are given in K-1 cases. Donna would be out of status and that will have an effect on obtaining an AOS. She will probably need to go back to JA. and re-file when she feels ready to get married.

You may want to give USCIS a call just to verify. I wouldn't give tham any specific information leading back to you or your case. Just ask them general questions.

I'm glad that you and Donna have worked through your issues. The whole process is very overwhelming. I can only imagine how she must feel! Jay is it possible that you go to the City Hall & get married, just to ensure that you meet the deadline and plan a bigger wedding later?

Hang in there and blessed love,

Gill

Edited by Deyoungting

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I was reminded of this story today and since it made me laugh again, I thought I'd share.....

Before I met Andre, I dated this other Andre....who we will call Jacka$$ for fun.....and cause he is one! Well, Jacka$$ calls me one day and tells me he got me the coolest present. He went on and on about how amazing and cool it was for weeks. Now, I dated him about 5 months then and I thought he knew me pretty well. So, I go to visit and he hands me this belt. It's black with this silver lace all over it. Shiny silver lace. The buckle is this gigantic broach looking thing......like Grandma's favorite UGLY broach. It's at least 6 inches or so in diameter. A gigantic ugly silver flower. That......get this...........ARE YOU READY????????? It lights up. I kid you not. There are several buttons to push-----it lights up all white, flashing white, flashing red, blue, and yellow, and pulsating flashes of all 4 colors. It's so freaking ugly. And he's so excited about it. Made me wear it down to the disco. In fact, I think the first time I met Andre, I had this ugly a$$ thing on.

Of course, I have to call everyone and tell them about it when I get home. I rush over to my cousin's to show her how hidious it is. To recreate wearing it to the disco, I turn off her lights and dance around. My other cousin walks in the room and says "you know you have a neon sign pointing to your crouch?" I nearly peed my pants.

I still keep that ugly thing as a reminder of what a real jacka$$ he was and that he never really knew me at all. I also keep hoping the stupid battery will wear out one day!!!!!! Andre cracks up every time he sees it.

I'm not sure I've ever trusted a man to get me a gift after that incident.

Anyone get a more hideous present???????????????

ROTFLMAO

March 17, 2007 Married Ocho Rios, Jamaica

April 12, 2007 Filed I-130 for husband

Vermont Service Center via DHL

May 9, 2007 Automated System says received I-130

May 15, 2007 Received NOA1

July 2, 2007 I-130 Approved (Automated System)

July 9, 2007 Received Approval Notice in mail

August 13, 2007 DS-3032 sent to Andrew & I received AOS bill

August 14, 2007 Paid AOS $70 via DHL

August 21, 2007 Returned DS-3032 from Jamaica via regular mail

September 4, 2007 Received I-864 in mail

September 5, 2007 Returned I-864 via DHL

September 11, 2007 Received DS-3032 Agent of Choice

September 17, 2007 IV Bill Generated

September 20, 2007 Touched (RFE) Missing Documents/Information

They are missing $380 IV Bill which I haven't received as of yet

October 1, 2007 IV Bill Received in the Mail

October 2, 2007 Paid IV Bill via USPS 2nd day delivery

October 3, 2007 IV Bill delivered at 11:07pm to St. Louis P.O. Box

October 5, 2007 IV Bill processed

October 11, 2007 DS-230 Visa Application is scheduled to be mailed this week1111

Sending it to Andrew via DHL International

THE JOURNEY IS COMING TO AN END THAT SEEMS LIKE IT HAS TAKEN FOREVER!

Timeline

Have u thought of doing a cermony at the justice of the peace and then having the real wedding. I think she will be out of status if the wedding doesn't take place before or at the 90 day mark.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.