Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi guys...

Many of you up here may not know me, but I've been around since '06 off and on. Well, I'm up here today because I'm a likkle troubled and I need the Yardie family's advice about what to do. So the deal is that I have this friend who at one time (briefly) dated a Jamaican man back in the summer of '05. Anyway, they talked off and on but by Dec. of '06 it was definitely over. She would call him all of the time, but he would never answer, claiming that the phone systems were down. (Granted I know Ja does have its phone issues on occasion, but this is not ALL of the time!) There was always an excuse as to why he couldn't call, but on the rare occasions he did speak to her, he would fill her head with talks of marriage, and them raising his daughter together in the States (blah, blah,blah)...Oh, I might have forgotten to mention that he's married (separated, and tells her that the church won't let him get a divorce, though they've been separated for 5 years supposedly!) Fastfoward to October 2006....This dude randomly calls my friend and asks her to pick him up @ the airport (she was in FL at the time). This after having not spoken to him in at least 5 months...she does...she finds out he has been in the states visiting friends for 4 months, and he hadn't even bothered to call her! He had been in Detroit, Arizona, and Maryland prior to coming to see her. She lets it ride, and lets him stay for 2 months until he has to leave because the resort re-opens after renovations. Before he leaves, she finds out she's pregnant (GASP! SURPRISE! :help::huh: ) He leaves and barely has contact with her anymore...even after the baby is born (July '07). She has tried contacting him, but he doesn't answer, and when he has answered, he always has an excuse as to why he can't come to visit. My favorite excuse is: The resort only has 3 bellhops and he's not allowed to leave and won't be able to in the foreseeable future. Now I might also believe it if my husband who works at the same resort hadn't said that they have at least 9 bellhops, and the resort hasn't been unusually busy. This dude came up to my husband last month and asked him about what papers he needed to file for a fiance visa. I was like #######?? Is my friend getting ready to file for this dude? So I call her to see if they had talked and she just hadnt mentioned it. She said she hadn't talked to him in forever, and she had no immediate plans to go down there, and since she hadn't heard from him in months she didn't think he had plans oon coming here...especially after their last convo. So, I sit on it, because I don't know what to do and my husband said to stay out of it. BUT THEN, he comes back a couple of weeks later to my husband and says not to worry because his lady is going to file the papers for him...now my mind is really jacked up because I'm like--YO!! This dude is really trying to be slick...and my biggest fear is that if someone does file for him, and he gets here, then he could turn off hs JA number and she would NEVER have a way to get in contact with him EVER again!!! And that pisses me off to no end! :angry: What I want to do is put his name on blast to warn anyone who may know him about what he is doing...I know it is controversial, but I want to do what I can to protect innocent women who really believe that this man loves them from making a huge mistake!! He is such an A!#@ and my husband despises him. Always has. What should I do? And how should I approach my friend to let her know what I know. Unfortunately, I wasn't blessed with tact, so I need to figure out my approach. Can you guys help? This dude really has my blood boiling because he is hurting SO many people!! Thanks for letting me vent!!

Tamisha

What is really the point in warning her? If he's getting a visa through another woman and the possibility that your friend will never be able to contact him again is there, let it ride. She needs that loser out of her life. He's nothing but trouble.

This is what I was thinking, why is she trying to KEEP him in her life. She's actually lucky that he doesnt want to stick around.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

I'm wondering if it's her (the friend) who is considering the finance visaand not another woman. I think she is refusing to see the signs...plus she has a child for him..we will talk til wi blue she ago do wah she want..affi just leave her mek she deal wid the beast..Lita mi agree wid u

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
well got some good news from the doc. everything seems to be fine....the protein was low in the collection...bp was a little high but not that bad..blood work came back fine...and ultra sound was good....the growth/heart/and everything looked be going well....sooo not sure if i will jump back into working or maybe just take it easy for a little while...i have started with being very tired...i have been taking 2 hour naps during the day...i feel so bad for saying that...but i am tired....

well i hope you don't have to much pain with the carpel tunnel.....when do you have your next dr's appointment?

Woo Hoo, Awesome news nannygirl!!!

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Timeline
Oh yeah! just want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY everybody!!!

Today a u birthday ?

Girl No! Tiddey ah deh Mr. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr burfdey! :dance:

hahahaaaaaa..woieeee....mi did a wonda wah Lita a talk bout

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
Oh yeah! just want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY everybody!!!

Today a u birthday ?

Girl No! Tiddey ah deh Mr. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr burfdey! :dance:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Filed: Other Timeline
Kimmy, you are a trip :lol:, you have some pearls of wisdom too and the passion with which you deliver it :lol:

Hey All, I wanted to share this with you on this MLK day: Reclaiming King: Beyond "I have a Dream"

I was listening to one of his speeches eariler to day..it brought me to tears, jus thinking about what coulda been, had not been for him.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Timeline
Kimmy, you are a trip :lol:, you have some pearls of wisdom too and the passion with which you deliver it :lol:

Hey All, I wanted to share this with you on this MLK day: Reclaiming King: Beyond "I have a Dream"

I was listening to one of his speeches eariler to day..it brought me to tears, jus thinking about what coulda been, had not been for him.

He was a man of such integrity...I remember, even before reading this article, that they said he seemed to have known that the end was near. I remember seeing a documentary of one of his last speeches and the windows were banging and he seemed a little jumpy. It was something to see...I have nothing but love for that man and his wife was filled with such grace :thumbs:

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Timeline

He was a man of such integrity...I remember, even before reading this article, that they said he seemed to have known that the end was near. I remember seeing a documentary of one of his last speeches and the windows were banging and he seemed a little jumpy. It was something to see...I have nothing but love for that man and his wife was filled with such grace :thumbs:

Absolutely :thumbs: mi husband seh.."dem no gi di man no respect, wah mek everweh no shut dung"...i had nothing to say

Filed: Other Timeline
Hope this doesnt sound to harsh...just wanted to get my opinion across quick quick yuh knoa! :thumbs:

Tact sure flew out de window :lol: Not too harsh, but ah no lie you ah tell.

But If I was her "friend I would tell her same wey. That's what friends are for, to tell it like it is.

Edited by brownnskinn

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Timeline
Hope this doesnt sound to harsh...just wanted to get my opinion across quick quick yuh knoa! :thumbs:

Tact sure flew out de window :lol: Not too harsh, but ah no lie you ah tell.

But If I was her "friend I would tell her same wey. That's what friends are for, to tell it like it is.

Lita deh pon point. Honestly, the friend is going to have to get to a place where she is so fed up with him, that none of the BS him would come wid going to move har. Mi feel seh even after Tamisha tell har how it go, she ah go let him back in. Sit har down in front of some "Diary of a Mad Black Woman" inna di part when my girl start lay on some lick pon di husband. Ah di friend need fi get mad and tell him some claat; him woulda never tink she ah push ova again...

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Belly - I would at least find out what state he is going to and in about a year. Get your friend to file for child support. He'll have to adjust status and all that when he gets up here, so he'll be in the system. After all he can't get away scott free.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline
Belly - I would at least find out what state he is going to and in about a year. Get your friend to file for child support. He'll have to adjust status and all that when he gets up here, so he'll be in the system. After all he can't get away scott free.

That will affect if he wants to file for citizenship or for any children that he has in JA that he wants to get here. She surely should file for child support once he is here. Good point, Jengles :thumbs:

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Timeline

Shyyytt..dats right

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.