Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I am right there with you Kimmy! Mi haffi comfortable. Mi nah grow nuh corn pon fi mi toesies fi nuh pretty pair ah shoes

Kimmy, how Kimora feeling?

we deh a mi modda so mommy wipe out her mouth with some glysterine and it seem fi help..don't know why but she a move round..still nah eat nothing dou

Thanks TAm

Poor baby and I know you're worried. I hope she feels better soon and at least get some fluids in

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I am right there with you Kimmy! Mi haffi comfortable. Mi nah grow nuh corn pon fi mi toesies fi nuh pretty pair ah shoes

Kimmy, how Kimora feeling?

we deh a mi modda so mommy wipe out her mouth with some glysterine and it seem fi help..don't know why but she a move round..still nah eat nothing dou

Thanks TAm

Poor baby and I know you're worried. I hope she feels better soon and at least get some fluids in

Tam, she neva sick before, so mi no know wah fi do more dan bring her to the doc, especially with the symptoms she have, and of course him clsoe today fi MLK day

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Tam, she neva sick before, so mi no know wah fi do more dan bring her to the doc, especially with the symptoms she have, and of course him clsoe today fi MLK day

That is worrisome. What mommy tell yuh seh? Is dem have some pearls of wisdom...She assuring you seh Kimora going to be alright. Keep me posted. Yeah, you hate to see them sick. It better when dem ah mad yuh wid how dem a run roun' di house.

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Timeline

That is worrisome. What mommy tell yuh seh? Is dem have some pearls of wisdom...She assuring you seh Kimora going to be alright. Keep me posted. Yeah, you hate to see them sick. It better when dem ah mad yuh wid how dem a run roun' di house.

:thumbs: will do

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi guys...

Many of you up here may not know me, but I've been around since '06 off and on. Well, I'm up here today because I'm a likkle troubled and I need the Yardie family's advice about what to do. So the deal is that I have this friend who at one time (briefly) dated a Jamaican man back in the summer of '05. Anyway, they talked off and on but by Dec. of '06 it was definitely over. She would call him all of the time, but he would never answer, claiming that the phone systems were down. (Granted I know Ja does have its phone issues on occasion, but this is not ALL of the time!) There was always an excuse as to why he couldn't call, but on the rare occasions he did speak to her, he would fill her head with talks of marriage, and them raising his daughter together in the States (blah, blah,blah)...Oh, I might have forgotten to mention that he's married (separated, and tells her that the church won't let him get a divorce, though they've been separated for 5 years supposedly!) Fastfoward to October 2006....This dude randomly calls my friend and asks her to pick him up @ the airport (she was in FL at the time). This after having not spoken to him in at least 5 months...she does...she finds out he has been in the states visiting friends for 4 months, and he hadn't even bothered to call her! He had been in Detroit, Arizona, and Maryland prior to coming to see her. She lets it ride, and lets him stay for 2 months until he has to leave because the resort re-opens after renovations. Before he leaves, she finds out she's pregnant (GASP! SURPRISE! :help::huh: ) He leaves and barely has contact with her anymore...even after the baby is born (July '07). She has tried contacting him, but he doesn't answer, and when he has answered, he always has an excuse as to why he can't come to visit. My favorite excuse is: The resort only has 3 bellhops and he's not allowed to leave and won't be able to in the foreseeable future. Now I might also believe it if my husband who works at the same resort hadn't said that they have at least 9 bellhops, and the resort hasn't been unusually busy. This dude came up to my husband last month and asked him about what papers he needed to file for a fiance visa. I was like #######?? Is my friend getting ready to file for this dude? So I call her to see if they had talked and she just hadnt mentioned it. She said she hadn't talked to him in forever, and she had no immediate plans to go down there, and since she hadn't heard from him in months she didn't think he had plans oon coming here...especially after their last convo. So, I sit on it, because I don't know what to do and my husband said to stay out of it. BUT THEN, he comes back a couple of weeks later to my husband and says not to worry because his lady is going to file the papers for him...now my mind is really jacked up because I'm like--YO!! This dude is really trying to be slick...and my biggest fear is that if someone does file for him, and he gets here, then he could turn off hs JA number and she would NEVER have a way to get in contact with him EVER again!!! And that pisses me off to no end! :angry: What I want to do is put his name on blast to warn anyone who may know him about what he is doing...I know it is controversial, but I want to do what I can to protect innocent women who really believe that this man loves them from making a huge mistake!! He is such an A!#@ and my husband despises him. Always has. What should I do? And how should I approach my friend to let her know what I know. Unfortunately, I wasn't blessed with tact, so I need to figure out my approach. Can you guys help? This dude really has my blood boiling because he is hurting SO many people!! Thanks for letting me vent!!

Tamisha

What is really the point in warning her? If he's getting a visa through another woman and the possibility that your friend will never be able to contact him again is there, let it ride. She needs that loser out of her life. He's nothing but trouble.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Shauna I hope u feel better soon and the results come up with a positive out look :thumbs: I was going to ask u when u planned on taking maternity leave. Take care of yourself.

i actually feel fine...not sick...but i guess i have to take it really easy not to get my bp going...i have started to fell really tired again...i left my job as a nanny some time ago...and i was going to do some substituting at a local school....so when i went in for the physical...that is when they found the protien..i was going to do that until i go into labor....but i am not sure anymore...all depends on what the docs say on friday....when do you stop working??? how are you feeling these days?

I am feeling fine. Just for the numbness in my hands. I have carpel tunnel syndrome but it will leave once the baby is born. I think April 15th might be my last day but I will be working up to my due date. I wan't to save as many sick days as possible. Someday I hope to retire from at least 2 years earlier :whistle: Let me know how the doctor visit goes. All the best. Time to leave work whoo another dollar earned.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Timeline

Hi how u doing, I"m new to the board

I had horrible CARPAL tunnel when I was pregnant in both of my hands...they went away the day after I had to baby and it only bothers me every now and then. That was 4 years ago. I had it so bad that I was unable to put on my bra...sometimes I was unable to drive (they said it was pregnancy induced and it would go away after the baby is born). So, many things a woman have to go through, but it was all worth the PAIN. He's the love of my life. Hope u feel better.

Latah

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
I think I get a better tax cut for filing single instead of married filing separately.. I am so confused. I thought you could file married filing jointly and still not have to do his income. hmm. thanks! I will read this again and see if I can get my confusion gone! He still lives in JA..does that change any of the answers?

Married filing separately works out to be the same in a refund as filing as single, from what I see. If I had amended my tax return to filing separately, I wouldn't have gotten anything back or owed the IRS anything.

When I spoke to the IRS agent, I specified the same thing that he was living in Jamaica for the entire time and it didn't change the answer they gave me.

You are perfectly right. I just looked around on the IRS website and I found it.

I am going to have to pay so many taxes that it is GROSS. I am only a teacher! Dont they know that!!

Can't you list your hubby as a dependent on your taxes? I thought that was a way to get some tax relief. I'm not really sure how all this works. I guess I better get to reading up on it all cause I need to file taxes ASAP!!

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
U see it..she know everything :yes:

Claire check u PM

Awwwwwwwww, not really Guys...it's just life-learned lessons.

I feel bad for Mrs. P. But like I said the fiancee will probably pay her no mind. Trust mi as smooth as homeboy thinks he is...there are always signs of phockery! It's whether we choose to look ova deh rim of deh rose-colored glasses fi SEE han ACCEPT deh signs...is the question! She probably won't. I learned this lesson a few months ago wid a nex friend.

The guy quacked like a 'd(f)uck'...walked like a d(f)uck and looked like a d(f)uck...but she refused to accept that fact that she had a d(f)uck huntil hit was too late and caused my friend a great deal of heartache! Sometimes it's just easier to 'be in love' than accept the fact that it's a one-sided love!

It's hard fi see people we care about go through so much unecessary pain...but a true friend stands by her no matter what decisions she makes. Just like Mrs. P. is trying fi do wid har friend!

But, I wouldn't want to be a hypocrite and smile hup inna deh man face inna fi mi house han 'im jus' repluse mi! Nooo suh, I hope she CUSS 'im claat but GOOD!!!

Thanks for the vote of confidence...but I think we all help each other learn and grow on this thread!!

It's what I love about being a participant!!

Love you guys so dyam much (L):luv:(L):luv: ,

Gill

Shauna I hope u feel better soon and the results come up with a positive out look :thumbs: I was going to ask u when u planned on taking maternity leave. Take care of yourself.

i actually feel fine...not sick...but i guess i have to take it really easy not to get my bp going...i have started to fell really tired again...i left my job as a nanny some time ago...and i was going to do some substituting at a local school....so when i went in for the physical...that is when they found the protien..i was going to do that until i go into labor....but i am not sure anymore...all depends on what the docs say on friday....when do you stop working??? how are you feeling these days?

I am feeling fine. Just for the numbness in my hands. I have carpel tunnel syndrome but it will leave once the baby is born. I think April 15th might be my last day but I will be working up to my due date. I wan't to save as many sick days as possible. Someday I hope to retire from at least 2 years earlier :whistle: Let me know how the doctor visit goes. All the best. Time to leave work whoo another dollar earned.

Feel better Millie!!! Just memba deh 'End Result'...like Lawny said...It's WELL WORTH IT!!!!!

Bless,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

well got some good news from the doc. everything seems to be fine....the protein was low in the collection...bp was a little high but not that bad..blood work came back fine...and ultra sound was good....the growth/heart/and everything looked be going well....sooo not sure if i will jump back into working or maybe just take it easy for a little while...i have started with being very tired...i have been taking 2 hour naps during the day...i feel so bad for saying that...but i am tired....

well i hope you don't have to much pain with the carpel tunnel.....when do you have your next dr's appointment?

Timeline
Hi guys...

Many of you up here may not know me, but I've been around since '06 off and on. Well, I'm up here today because I'm a likkle troubled and I need the Yardie family's advice about what to do. So the deal is that I have this friend who at one time (briefly) dated a Jamaican man back in the summer of '05. Anyway, they talked off and on but by Dec. of '06 it was definitely over. She would call him all of the time, but he would never answer, claiming that the phone systems were down. (Granted I know Ja does have its phone issues on occasion, but this is not ALL of the time!) There was always an excuse as to why he couldn't call, but on the rare occasions he did speak to her, he would fill her head with talks of marriage, and them raising his daughter together in the States (blah, blah,blah)...Oh, I might have forgotten to mention that he's married (separated, and tells her that the church won't let him get a divorce, though they've been separated for 5 years supposedly!) Fastfoward to October 2006....This dude randomly calls my friend and asks her to pick him up @ the airport (she was in FL at the time). This after having not spoken to him in at least 5 months...she does...she finds out he has been in the states visiting friends for 4 months, and he hadn't even bothered to call her! He had been in Detroit, Arizona, and Maryland prior to coming to see her. She lets it ride, and lets him stay for 2 months until he has to leave because the resort re-opens after renovations. Before he leaves, she finds out she's pregnant (GASP! SURPRISE! :help::huh: ) He leaves and barely has contact with her anymore...even after the baby is born (July '07). She has tried contacting him, but he doesn't answer, and when he has answered, he always has an excuse as to why he can't come to visit. My favorite excuse is: The resort only has 3 bellhops and he's not allowed to leave and won't be able to in the foreseeable future. Now I might also believe it if my husband who works at the same resort hadn't said that they have at least 9 bellhops, and the resort hasn't been unusually busy. This dude came up to my husband last month and asked him about what papers he needed to file for a fiance visa. I was like #######?? Is my friend getting ready to file for this dude? So I call her to see if they had talked and she just hadnt mentioned it. She said she hadn't talked to him in forever, and she had no immediate plans to go down there, and since she hadn't heard from him in months she didn't think he had plans oon coming here...especially after their last convo. So, I sit on it, because I don't know what to do and my husband said to stay out of it. BUT THEN, he comes back a couple of weeks later to my husband and says not to worry because his lady is going to file the papers for him...now my mind is really jacked up because I'm like--YO!! This dude is really trying to be slick...and my biggest fear is that if someone does file for him, and he gets here, then he could turn off hs JA number and she would NEVER have a way to get in contact with him EVER again!!! And that pisses me off to no end! :angry: What I want to do is put his name on blast to warn anyone who may know him about what he is doing...I know it is controversial, but I want to do what I can to protect innocent women who really believe that this man loves them from making a huge mistake!! He is such an A!#@ and my husband despises him. Always has. What should I do? And how should I approach my friend to let her know what I know. Unfortunately, I wasn't blessed with tact, so I need to figure out my approach. Can you guys help? This dude really has my blood boiling because he is hurting SO many people!! Thanks for letting me vent!!

Tamisha

Hey Tamisha. Took me a minute to figure out who you were, cause you change ur screen name since you got married. :luv:

Well this is one crazy situation, and I ususally think that I have tact, but this time mi tink tact flew pon deh window dem! All i can give you is my personal opinion about the situation cause thats all i have on it an opinion:

Sounds to me yuh friend messed up! She messed around with a no good dirty something, and unfortunately got pregnant by him, even while knowing he was a no good dirty something.....that is HER mistake. i know as a friend you want to protect her and help her but truly she is a grown woman who makes her own decisions and can only help herself. I do think you should tell her that the man is getting a fiance visa by some other woman, while he still remains married to another. If your friend chooses to think she still fits into this mans wacked life.....then that is her business. But seriously.....if she has to chase the man down, even after having one of his kids then what the heck does she want him for. Its honestly ridiculous and I hate when i hear about women putting themselves in this position and then just blameing the man for the crazy situation. If she knows as much as we know from what you just told on here, and she still choses to chase him then leave it at that.....you warned her she made up her own mind. it sounds like she may just want to get revenge for him going to another woman....i always say don't go down that road. I dont even know if she should want him in her life because of the child either. I don't think its beneficial for a child to have a parent in and out of their life vs just out all together.

if you want to blast his name on VJ then go ahead....it really doesnt matter cause a woman will still date him even after hearing the craziness. I always think its good to know if my man is dippin out, no matter how hard it hurts in the beginning, cause at least I feel like I was given the CHOICE to make a decision to stay in the craziness or not.

Hope this doesnt sound to harsh...just wanted to get my opinion across quick quick yuh knoa! :thumbs:

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.