Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

WHOA!!!! Busy Busy Day!!!

:dance: CONGRATS SHREWDIE & LITA!!!!!!! :dance: ...We are on our way Ladies!! Did you guys register on the USCIS website yet? If you can see the back of your check your Service Center # should be printed on it!! You can take that # and register online fi any up dates wid your case!! That's how I found out about my NOA2 so quickly...they sent me an email.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MORANT BAY GIRL...wishing you MANY MANY MORE!!!!!

Hang tight Clariey... :thumbs: "What is for you, shall NOT pass you!!" :thumbs:

:luv: KimKim...mi proudda yuh...keep hup deh good work wid school!!! :innocent:

TamTam- Try fi stay away from deh tart dem!! Dem will pull yuh down tuh dem level han giva yuh nuttin' but regret later!!! :lol::lol::lol: (I'm losing it!!!) :blink:

Bless- Bless, (L)

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:dance: CONGRATS SHREWDIE & LITA!!!!!!! :dance: ...We are on our way Ladies!! Did you guys register on the USCIS website yet? If you can see the back of your check your Service Center # should be printed on it!! You can take that # and register online fi any up dates wid your case!! That's how I found out about my NOA2 so quickly...they sent me an email.

TamTam- Try fi stay away from deh tart dem!! Dem will pull yuh down tuh dem level han giva yuh nuttin' but regret later!!! :lol::lol::lol: (I'm losing it!!!) :blink:

Bless- Bless, (L)

Gill

ahahhaaaa...is di waiting gettin tu yuh head now.... :lol::lol: poor ting...interview soon come :thumbs:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Bless- Bless, (L)

Gill

My numbers are too scratchy. I looked! haha Hopefully I will get a hard copy soon. I am ready and thankful but God knows that man better get his act together!

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Bless- Bless, (L)

Gill

ahahhaaaa...is di waiting gettin tu yuh head now.... :lol::lol: poor ting...interview soon come :thumbs:

HAHA, poor Gilly don't worry babes, ya man soon here

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

thanks everyone....my mom was thrilled to here it was girl...all she can think about is lace..... :lol: mike was happy i know he really wanted a boy....i will take whatever as long as it is healthy!!!!

round 2 with the docs are on monday...keeping my fingers crossed i hear some good news!!!

and btw they feel the due date if 5 days sooner....so we shall see....

Edited by nannygirl82

Timeline

Bless- Bless, (L)

Gill

My numbers are too scratchy. I looked! haha Hopefully I will get a hard copy soon. I am ready and thankful but God knows that man better get his act together!

Hey All.....

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the birthday wishes! I was out with the girls last night and didn't get in until late :devil:

Gill - Thanks for the GIANT birthday cake the other day.... and good luck with the interview and paperwork, I know u and Ken will be fine ;)

KKHoliday - Good to see you back on here and I'm glad things are going well with u and the hubby

Clairern - Hope things work out for you and Mike, maybe he's just nervous. Either way listen to Gill....she always gives good advice :yes:

Nannygirl - Congrats on finding out ur having a girl...hope u feel better, PM me sometime and let me know how you're coming along

Jomo'sGirl - Congrats on the part-time job and thanks for all the info about gettin' police reports etc. :thumbs:

And congrats to anyone else I forgot who received approvals, interviews and other good news this week. Everyone pray I get approved sometime this month so dave and I can really celebrate when I'm in JA in February! :lol:

K-1 Timeline

Oct.5th, 2007 - Filed I-129F VSC Express Mail

Oct.12th, 2007 - NOA1 Hardcopy

Dec.14th, 2007 - Rec'd No Impediment and extras of Birth Certif. by mail

Jan. 31st, 2008 - NOA2 Hardcopy sent out from VSC

Feb. 5th, 2008 - NVC Receives Our Case

Feb.7th, 2008 - Got KNG# and Hardcopy of NOA2 in the Mail

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

Feb. 28th, 2008 - Rec'd Email from Embassy that Interview scheduled

April 1st, 2008 - Interview @ 1:30pm- APPROVED!!!

May 20th, 2008 - U.S. Entry at JFK w/ work stamp

June 13th, 2008 - SS# Received

June 19th, 2008 - Started work w/ JFK EAD

August 11th, 2008 - Wedding

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3rd, 2008 - Submitted AOS/ EAD/ AP Packet

Oct. 6th, 2008 - AOS Packet Rec'd at USCIS Xpress Mail

Oct. 13th, 2008 - NOA1 Rec'd

Oct. 27th, 2008 - Case Trsf to CSC

Nov. 1st, 2008 - Biometrics Appt.

Dec. 10, 2008 - EAD/AP Approved

Dec. 17, 2008 - Received EAD/AP : )

Timeline
Not sure if this is too personal or not but what kinds of jobs did your men get when they came to the US? I know Louis would do anything! Maybe not fastfood though cause he wont be around meat! LOL. He is a prgrammer at the TV station in St Lucia so he does have some talents. I really want to find out what he is passionate about. I think working just to live has never given him the time to see if there is something he really loves and is good at. He said he wants to take computer classes when he gets here because he feels in the US everyone needs to know these things.

He will be in total shock with his 1st real paycheck! He gets paid once a month now and its equal to less than $400. He gives alot to his mom as it is now. I am sure we will be sending her money ... but no kitchen sinks! ;-)

How long until they can get a job?

cat

My hubby was able to find a job right away. He works for a huge hotel here in the city. I bout died once when his paycheck was bigger than mine....I thought YESSS, YESSSS. He also works as an auto service tech a Walmart. It's a blessing Cause I'm tired of screamin independent I want ti start dependin you yoooou lol :whistle: It's well overdue fi me.

My hubby came up on a CR1 visa so he could find work fast. He is a bouncer at a couple bars and goes to college full time.

Oh! I cannot wait for the 2nd income. I am going to feel like I have died and gone to heaven .. even if its minimum wage! Louis told me his dream is to come here and help me raise my daughter, that he loves like she is his own.... awww so sweet!! That's one reason why I love him!

My hubby came up on a CR1 visa so he could find work fast. He is a bouncer at a couple bars and goes to college full time.

It only took 3 months to find a job and go to school.

Congrats Shauna on the baby girl!!

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Shauna I hope u feel better soon and the results come up with a positive out look :thumbs: I was going to ask u when u planned on taking maternity leave. Take care of yourself.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Other Timeline
Morning All (F)

Happy Birthday Tonisha!!! Hope your day was great :thumbs:

(((Shauna))) Try not to worry too much...keep in prayer and know that God knows what he is doing. I hope you here some good results from the doctor.

Gilly~ While di cyake look nice...mi nah like deh chocolate or di strawberry filling...mi is on one diet...yuh nah have sumting else fi me? ;):lol:

Sure Yardie...totally understand the diet sittin'

I'll give you a choice:

427e5677b942f-74-1.jpg Rice cake...YUM! :whistle:

or

Individual%20Mixed%20Fruit%20Tart.JPG Fruit tart

:lol::lol:

Enjoy,

Gill

You girls are great :lol:

congrats on the girl!!!!!

:dance:CONGRATS ON THE BABY GIRL NANNY!!!!!!! THAT IS WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!! :dance:

Ditto!!

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Timeline

Bless- Bless, (L)

Gill

Yuh dyam right KimKim!!! :lol::lol: Just thinking about him actually being here is surreal!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

You girls are great :lol:

Just Crazy Brownie!! :blink: :lol:

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline

Bless- Bless, (L)

Gill

Hey All.....

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the birthday wishes! I was out with the girls last night and didn't get in until late :devil:

Gill - Thanks for the GIANT birthday cake the other day.... and good luck with the interview and paperwork, I know u and Ken will be fine ;)

KKHoliday - Good to see you back on here and I'm glad things are going well with u and the hubby

Clairern - Hope things work out for you and Mike, maybe he's just nervous. Either way listen to Gill....she always gives good advice :yes:

Nannygirl - Congrats on finding out ur having a girl...hope u feel better, PM me sometime and let me know how you're coming along

Jomo'sGirl - Congrats on the part-time job and thanks for all the info about gettin' police reports etc. :thumbs:

And congrats to anyone else I forgot who received approvals, interviews and other good news this week. Everyone pray I get approved sometime this month so dave and I can really celebrate when I'm in JA in February! :lol:

DId you have a good time with the Girls!! I hope you had a GREAT birthday TonTon!! I have been looking at the stats (some habits die hard :lol: )You are RIGHT THERE CHICA!!!! K-1's all around you are getting their NOA2!! With the VSC I really think they work in batches!! Hang tight your NOA2 should be coming up by the end of this month...the latest!! VSC is well into October now!! Just be ready!! Have that DS-230 filled out!

Love ya,

Gill

HAHA, poor Gilly don't worry babes, ya man soon here

How's the tooth Jengy??? Feeling better I hope!

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Shauna I hope u feel better soon and the results come up with a positive out look :thumbs: I was going to ask u when u planned on taking maternity leave. Take care of yourself.

i actually feel fine...not sick...but i guess i have to take it really easy not to get my bp going...i have started to fell really tired again...i left my job as a nanny some time ago...and i was going to do some substituting at a local school....so when i went in for the physical...that is when they found the protien..i was going to do that until i go into labor....but i am not sure anymore...all depends on what the docs say on friday....when do you stop working??? how are you feeling these days?

Timeline

This community is truly blessed. So many great things have happened. Congrats to everyone including the new babies (beautiful), expecting babies, NOA's, and interviews. My case was finally transfered to Kingston this week (unsure of date). I've been working hard. I'm going to JA 1/25 for 34 glorious days. If I find out any 411 while in JA, I will post. Does anyone know any internet cafes in the Ocho Rios area? I dare not bring my laptop because my last one was stolen. For those who are going through tough times, you are definetely in my prayers. Always remember, tough times don't last but tough people do. Be encourged.

Bridget

Timeline

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the weight loss. Good luck and hope to join in soon. I've got to get my mind right. I too could stand to lose 40lbs. I'm short. My friends ask me do I wanna look like a crackhead? I'm considered country thick :lol: but my doctor said according to the chart I'm obese wow!!! When I left her office, I went and got a snickers and a bag of chips. Pray for me :lol:

Bridget

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.