Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Trying to get my paperwork together for the interview now...WOW...what a lot of ish they ask for!!!!

I am going to be a mess trying to make sure I remember everything! I hope I get someone nice and patient! Did anyone else feel completely OVERWHELMED looking at all the documentation you have to have to them??? :unsure::unsure::blink::help:

Bless,

Gill

I think if you go into the K-1 visa section at top there is a list of questions, it asks everything u can think off. that was a great start for me and mr jengles.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Trying to get my paperwork together for the interview now...WOW...what a lot of ish they ask for!!!!

I am going to be a mess trying to make sure I remember everything! I hope I get someone nice and patient! Did anyone else feel completely OVERWHELMED looking at all the documentation you have to have to them??? :unsure::unsure::blink::help:

Bless,

Gill

Absolutely. I just organized it as best I could and we went over and over it many times before I felt it was all there and correct.

You will do fine!

Hello everybody!

Just thought I would pop in and say hello and give an update.

All is well, Marlon and I have an interview for his AOS on March 18. I recently got a great new job with benfits that I start on January 29. My Master's degree classes are going well, I have A's in both classes!

Other than that I have been working, studying, and waiting for Marlon's EAD.

Much love to you all and I will have my internet working at home soon so I can check in more often!

Hi Sarah. So good to see you.

I miss you on here!

I miss you too Kelly!

Marlon just texted me to let me know that his EAD card production was ordered!!!! YEE-HAW

So, what's new with you and Andre?

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Bless,

Gill

Absolutely. I just organized it as best I could and we went over and over it many times before I felt it was all there and correct.

You will do fine!

Hello everybody!

Just thought I would pop in and say hello and give an update.

All is well, Marlon and I have an interview for his AOS on March 18. I recently got a great new job with benfits that I start on January 29. My Master's degree classes are going well, I have A's in both classes!

Other than that I have been working, studying, and waiting for Marlon's EAD.

Much love to you all and I will have my internet working at home soon so I can check in more often!

Hi Sarah. So good to see you.

I miss you on here!

I miss you too Kelly!

Marlon just texted me to let me know that his EAD card production was ordered!!!! YEE-HAW

So, what's new with you and Andre?

Really not a whole heck of a lot. Winter is always so slow and we don't want to leave the house.

I got a new part-time job, just one day after I quit Old Navy. Just fell into my lap. LOVING it!!!!! Andre's still training his way up that corporate ladder. Kids are good, full of activities and energy. No major issues for any of us. Just chugging along.

So glad to hear about EAD. How's married life?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

Hey y'all;

How is everybody doing? Hop all is well. NowMrs, good to see you and happy to hear that all is going well.

Gill; you are on a roll. Will you be going to the interview? (L)

Kimmie Wha a gwaaan, gyal? (L)

Just popping in to say hi. I read everyday, but do not have much to comment on.

I have been feeling despondent for the last couple of days. Mike has changed and I can't for the life of me figure him out and frankly I am tired of trying to figure him out. I am here and he is there and for right now I am just gonna let him be. He does not call me anymore and when I do call him, I feel like I an talking to myself. I am gonna let sleeping dogs lie. He does nto want to get on my bad side, so for right now I am letting him be. :angry::angry::angry::angry:

Sorry for the rant, but I need to vent to my sistas. :whistle::whistle::whistle:

:whistle:

I hope you all have a great weekend. It is "supposed" to snow here on NC, and everybody is geting all hyped. I just laugh, because evertime that is said, it rains. We will see.

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Clairey girl mi deh yah...yea if something a bodda him he needs to tell u..but if him feel like seh a play play roun 'ere like u seh bettah lego tings fi now..until oonuh can talk bout wah a bodda him...

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

I'm sorry, Claire. Men are such jacka$$e$ sometimes.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Clairey girl mi deh yah...yea if something a bodda him he needs to tell u..but if him feel like seh a play play roun 'ere like u seh bettah lego tings fi now..until oonuh can talk bout wah a bodda him...

exactly, sometimes it better to leave them to themselves.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Amen!! Jus' give 'im some space and TRY TRY TRY not fi call him!! Maybe he is starting to feel the enormity of moving to a whole different place that is unfamiliar! Men can be so darn hard-headed on communication!! Dem feel like talking nah guh solve nuttin' suh dem suffer inna silence!!

What they don't realize is when they tell us what's going on inna dem head...all the presure and stress is offa dem and we can share their fears wid dem! :no::no:

Men are really from Mars and Women from Venus!! I love to talk to my mate when something is bothering me...it's like therapy! Just putting my fears out into the atmosphere helps!! I'll go on and on and poor Ken will be like 'Ehhhhe, Uhmmm hmmm, Yeah Man!" Then I say "Well, I feel Better!" He'll say "You do???" :blink:

Hang in there...just like the 'Herb'...Mike will come around!!

Bless-ed (L) ,

Gill

P.S.-Prayers for you and Mike

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
I would never give up my independence. I must get that from my mother.

My mother's the same way, She need to sit her Rass down some where and let that man tek cara her.

I'm glad to break this generational curse, not givin it up all together tho, cause I think he knows the deal, I can tek cara mi sef no dought, but It feels nice to let sumboddi else do it for a change an jus act like I don't know :whistle:

I think it can be a curse too at times. I'm a very independent person, but i really would like to have a man to depend on too, and it really does make a man feel good, so i am all about that too. I obviously have gotten this far by myself and done a pretty good job, but once I got married I threw that out the window and now want it to be a about a co-dependency rather than maintaining my own dependency. i personally think it strenghtens the relationship.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
Why not enjoy being taken care of once in a while...there is nothing wrong with that..Not saying u should quit ur job and have a income..but enjoy it a little more than we do

Gurl,

Can I tell you just for a few days last week it felt SOOOOOOOO dyam good not to have to worry about money, breakfast, lunch, dinner...he took care of ALL of that and I let him!! Woke up to Breakfast in bed...it was just nice not to have the constant stress and worry of EVERYTHING on MY shoulders.

I am very independent...but I don't mind sharing the burden of everyday living with my mate. I think thats what we are there for...tuh have each other's back. He's the ying to my yang and vice versa...yuh see mi?

(L) ,

Gill

:thumbs: So true. If I could do it all along I really wouldn't need my man in the first place. I think just as human beings we crave the depedency of another person whether we know it or not.

Bless,

Gill

R u going to the interview, and flying back with Ken?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Why not enjoy being taken care of once in a while...there is nothing wrong with that..Not saying u should quit ur job and have a income..but enjoy it a little more than we do

Gurl,

Can I tell you just for a few days last week it felt SOOOOOOOO dyam good not to have to worry about money, breakfast, lunch, dinner...he took care of ALL of that and I let him!! Woke up to Breakfast in bed...it was just nice not to have the constant stress and worry of EVERYTHING on MY shoulders.

I am very independent...but I don't mind sharing the burden of everyday living with my mate. I think thats what we are there for...tuh have each other's back. He's the ying to my yang and vice versa...yuh see mi?

(L) ,

Gill

:thumbs: So true. If I could do it all along I really wouldn't need my man in the first place. I think just as human beings we crave the depedency of another person whether we know it or not.

Bless,

Gill

As long as it's not around Valentines Day (800flowers) or Presidents Day(plane ticket $$)...I will be going to the interview! I REALLY wanted to fly up with him, but I can't do both! :(

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
Hey y'all;

How is everybody doing? Hop all is well. NowMrs, good to see you and happy to hear that all is going well.

Gill; you are on a roll. Will you be going to the interview? (L)

Kimmie Wha a gwaaan, gyal? (L)

Just popping in to say hi. I read everyday, but do not have much to comment on.

I have been feeling despondent for the last couple of days. Mike has changed and I can't for the life of me figure him out and frankly I am tired of trying to figure him out. I am here and he is there and for right now I am just gonna let him be. He does not call me anymore and when I do call him, I feel like I an talking to myself. I am gonna let sleeping dogs lie. He does nto want to get on my bad side, so for right now I am letting him be. :angry::angry::angry::angry:

Sorry for the rant, but I need to vent to my sistas. :whistle::whistle::whistle:

:whistle:

I hope you all have a great weekend. It is "supposed" to snow here on NC, and everybody is geting all hyped. I just laugh, because evertime that is said, it rains. We will see.

Hey Claire,

I know what you mean, but I truly think that its moving jitters. My husband let out some serious concerns the other day about him moving here, and they made so much sense to how he must be scared out of his mind to leave EVERYTHING and EVERYONE he has ever grown to know. All he will have out here is me, and for some reason that starts to make him pull away rather than hold on. I think its just normal. This is just my opinion, but I sometimes feel that there may be some resentment that it is me who is taking him away from all this. He has never tols me that, but I feel that is how I would be looking at it if this was all vice versa (my weird way of thinking). i say just have patience, excerise trust communication and prayer with one another. As a man it may be hard for him to truly let out all these feelings to you without him feeling too much like a "wimp". My heart sinks when I really and truly begin to see just how HUGE of a deal this whole change and journey actually means. i would seriously become depressed if i was anticipating the day i would leave everyone and everything behind.....even if it was to be with the love of my life. Sometimes homesickness sets in before you actually leave the home.

If you wnan PM me about it I'm always here. (L)

Timeline

Amen!! Jus' give 'im some space and TRY TRY TRY not fi call him!! Maybe he is starting to feel the enormity of moving to a whole different place that is unfamiliar! Men can be so darn hard-headed on communication!! Dem feel like talking nah guh solve nuttin' suh dem suffer inna silence!!

What they don't realize is when they tell us what's going on inna dem head...all the presure and stress is offa dem and we can share their fears wid dem! :no::no:

Men are really from Mars and Women from Venus!! I love to talk to my mate when something is bothering me...it's like therapy! Just putting my fears out into the atmosphere helps!! I'll go on and on and poor Ken will be like 'Ehhhhe, Uhmmm hmmm, Yeah Man!" Then I say "Well, I feel Better!" He'll say "You do???" :blink:

Hang in there...just like the 'Herb'...Mike will come around!!

Bless-ed (L) ,

Gill

P.S.-Prayers for you and Mike

See this is what I am thinking. I don't think it makes him a jack--- for feeling like this....its a natural feeling. if you look on VJ you will find so many people going thru this same delima...men and women. Just excercise compassion and communication and that will lead you to a better outcome in the long run.....its a good thing to start and practice now with the man who will soon be your husband. Things that will help the relationship have peaceful and spiritual longevity. :thumbs:

I haven't been on here in long time. I just wanted to stop by and say hi. Everything has been going pretty well on my end. I see Gil is up for interview soon. That is great news.

Everyone stay positive and have a great year in 08.

Kim

Timeline

Thank you guys for all your compassionate responses. I really appreciate your empathy. :yes::yes::thumbs::thumbs:

I have really left him alone for a while and have started doing things with my friends again and he has noticed. He called me know up to four times each day, but I do not answer the phone, but call him at my convenience. He tries to call me at all hours "just to hail me up". What happen to all the times I did that and he was not too receptive. I am trying to shoe him that two can play this game. I am now occupying myself with other things and I am seriously looking elsewhere. I'd rather be alone and miserable than be with someone who is gonna make me miserable. I am a very nice and beautiful person with a real big heart and I deserve someone who is gonna love me for who I am and not what their perceptions of a relationship is. I have established myself after being married for 13 years and divorced for almost 8 and my feet are well planted on the ground. My kids are grown and off to college and the only thing I need a man for is sex and that I can get without the stress of a relationship. :angry::angry::angry:

I can get any man I want, but chose a dam Ja man, because I an too old to learn another man's culture and ways.

Me betta stap yah, but him mek me mad nuh rass.

Gurl,

(L) ,

Gill

Bless,

Gill

As long as it's not around Valentines Day (800flowers) or Presidents Day(plane ticket $$)...I will be going to the interview! I REALLY wanted to fly up with him, but I can't do both! :(

Gill

Gill, I hope it works out so you can go to the interview. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Ken. (L)(F)(L)(F)

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.