Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

**********FRIDAY CHUCKLE**********

:dance: Happy Friday Everyone! :dance: We made it through another week. Hopefully we all have Dr. King's

Birthday off on Monday!!!

Enjoy your weekend everybody!!!

Blessed,

Gill

********************************************************************************

College Dorm

On the first day of college, the Dean addressed the students, pointing out some of the rules:

"The female dormitory will be out-of-bounds for all male students, and the male dormitory to the female students.

Anybody caught breaking this rule will be fined $20 the first time.

" He continued, "Anybody caught breaking this rule the second time will be fined $60.

Being caught a third time will cost you a fine of $180.

Are there any questions?"

At this point, a male Jamaican student in the crowd inquired:

"How much fi a season pass?"

Edited by Deyoungting

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Not sure if this is too personal or not but what kinds of jobs did your men get when they came to the US? I know Louis would do anything! Maybe not fastfood though cause he wont be around meat! LOL. He is a prgrammer at the TV station in St Lucia so he does have some talents. I really want to find out what he is passionate about. I think working just to live has never given him the time to see if there is something he really loves and is good at. He said he wants to take computer classes when he gets here because he feels in the US everyone needs to know these things.

He will be in total shock with his 1st real paycheck! He gets paid once a month now and its equal to less than $400. He gives alot to his mom as it is now. I am sure we will be sending her money ... but no kitchen sinks! ;-)

How long until they can get a job?

cat

My hubby was able to find a job right away. He works for a huge hotel here in the city. I bout died once when his paycheck was bigger than mine....I thought YESSS, YESSSS. He also works as an auto service tech a Walmart. It's a blessing Cause I'm tired of screamin independent I want ti start dependin you yoooou lol :whistle: It's well overdue fi me.

Ain't this the truth!! I know woman want to be independent in all, but truly i want to be dependant on my man for some things....I guess my dad taught me that one.

Tru dat. I used to struggle with giving up my independence :unsure: I'm getting better at it everyday.

I would never give up my independence. I must get that from my mother.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
He likes a woman to cook and clean and be all attentive to her man, which I can do but....i work full time in a CAREER, not a job, went to college, make a decent living and still keep my home. i just hope that he doesnt get to upset when i am not always that "woman" he expects me to be.

I have issues with this bc my hubby's the same way. I do the best I can being the "woman", cooking and cleaning working a fulltime and a parttime job and going to school :help: I He wants me to be that attentive wife but's It hard not be distracted. He may never say anything but I can tell by his body language. I don't mind being that person, It's just hard to find balance sometimes. He'll be telling me about something at work and my mind is else wear on school projects or on the patient that eloped from the hospital :blink: We work various hours and sometimes I'm out like a light when he's up and ready to go. :blush:

I hear you. Constant struggle for us to balance too. This is where I truly did learn it's quality of time more then quantity for us.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Other Timeline
I would never give up my independence. I must get that from my mother.

My mother's the same way, She need to sit her Rass down some where and let that man tek cara her.

I'm glad to break this generational curse, not givin it up all together tho, cause I think he knows the deal, I can tek cara mi sef no dought, but It feels nice to let sumboddi else do it for a change an jus act like I don't know :whistle:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Why not enjoy being taken care of once in a while...there is nothing wrong with that..Not saying u should quit ur job and have a income..but enjoy it a little more than we do

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

I'm not giving up my independence for no one. However, giving up some responsibilites and chores.....I all for that.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Why not enjoy being taken care of once in a while...there is nothing wrong with that..Not saying u should quit ur job and have a income..but enjoy it a little more than we do

Gurl,

Can I tell you just for a few days last week it felt SOOOOOOOO dyam good not to have to worry about money, breakfast, lunch, dinner...he took care of ALL of that and I let him!! Woke up to Breakfast in bed...it was just nice not to have the constant stress and worry of EVERYTHING on MY shoulders.

I am very independent...but I don't mind sharing the burden of everyday living with my mate. I think thats what we are there for...tuh have each other's back. He's the ying to my yang and vice versa...yuh see mi?

(L),

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Timeline

Hello everybody!

Just thought I would pop in and say hello and give an update.

All is well, Marlon and I have an interview for his AOS on March 18. I recently got a great new job with benfits that I start on January 29. My Master's degree classes are going well, I have A's in both classes!

Other than that I have been working, studying, and waiting for Marlon's EAD.

Much love to you all and I will have my internet working at home soon so I can check in more often!

Timeline
Hello everybody!

All is well, Marlon and I have an interview for his AOS on March 18. I recently got a great new job with benfits that I start on January 29. My Master's degree classes are going well, I have A's in both classes!

Much love to you all and I will have my internet working at home soon so I can check in more often!

Hola Now Mrs.!!!

That's great news!! Many blessings for you and Marlon!! Keep up the good work in school and pop by MORE often!!

Blessed,

Gill

P.S.- Hi Mrs. Scott...I see you down there!! How are you? :luv:

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline

Trying to get my paperwork together for the interview now...WOW...what a lot of ish they ask for!!!!

I am going to be a mess trying to make sure I remember everything! I hope I get someone nice and patient! Did anyone else feel completely OVERWHELMED looking at all the documentation you have to have to them??? :unsure::unsure::blink::help:

Bless,

Gill

Edited by Deyoungting

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Filed: Timeline
Trying to get my paperwork together for the interview now...WOW...what a lot of ish they ask for!!!!

I am going to be a mess trying to make sure I remember everything! I hope I get someone nice and patient! Did anyone else feel completely OVERWHELMED looking at all the documentation you have to have to them??? :unsure::unsure::blink::help:

Bless,

Gill

I was so stressed my period was out of whack for a couple of months! :wacko:

Just remember to relax, breathe, and think positively and you will be great! :thumbs:

Timeline

Bless,

Gill

Absolutely. I just organized it as best I could and we went over and over it many times before I felt it was all there and correct.

You will do fine!

Hello everybody!

Hi Sarah. So good to see you.

I miss you on here!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Bless,

Gill

Absolutely. I just organized it as best I could and we went over and over it many times before I felt it was all there and correct.

You will do fine!

Hello everybody!

Hi Sarah. So good to see you.

I miss you on here!

Thanks JG and Sarah...MUCH APPRECIATED!!!!

Blessed,

Gill

P.S.- How's Rhonda doing?

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.