Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
well......................................just as i was saying everything is going great.....i really spoke to soon....

they found protien in my urine...my blood pressure is slightly high and i do have some headaches.....ssssoooo i am banned to bed rest pending the results of blood work and a 24 hour collection of stuff....not to get to graphic......so this is a real shock so not expecting any of this to start or happen....but taking it one day at a time.....

Hush (((((((Nanny))))))),

Please try not to stress. They found protein in my urine too when I was preggo han it was just a UTI. How has your food been? Have you been eating well and every 3-4 hours (small meals). You will be fine!

Look in the mirror and SAY IT Nanny..."We will be just fine!!" Never forget the power of prayer!

You and the bambino are in mine!

Blessed,

Gill

i have been eating what i should and when i should...and you make a good point abotu the UTI...becasue they also found what blood cells as well which is a indicator of a UTI....sooo hmm i pray that is what it is.....

thanks everyone for the well wishes....this is out of my hands i have come to realize that and just let His plan follow its path

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

**********THURSDAY CHUCKLE**********

Mawning Everyone!!

I hope Tonisha had a wonderful birthday! Please keep Nannygirl and her bambino(a) in your prayers.

Have a blessed day!

Love,

Gill

P.S.- I apologize for the patois...let me know if yuh need translation

********************************************************************************

Getting Directions

I was trying to find my dressmaker, and asked someone on the street for directions. This is what she told me:

"Tek a red and white mini-bus to Parade, den walk til yu reach de patty stand on Bruk-Down carner. Hask de gentleman deh how yu fi reach de lady wha mek de high culcha frock dem. Him will send yu to Miss Edna (she haf a likkle fry fish shop further down), and is her cousin who live near de street where Maas One-Yeye stop.

Is fi him girlfren niece who know de address of the guy wha live near to de chile wha wok at de butike, and is her bwoyfren wha haf de motor bike. After yu reach Lik-Me-Down carner, tun right till yu come to de yard wid de four bad mongrel dawg dem.

(Fling stone after dem and dem will run whey). Knock pon de winda five time and Miss Eliza will come. (Memba fi keep two stone inna fi yu han case de dawg dem cum back). Miss Liza will tell yu how fi reach de guy wid de motor bike.

Him is a nice bwoy; jus give him a smalls and him will carry yu safe. But hol’ on tight cause him young and him drive fas'. Him don't haf him licence yet, so if yu see de police dem, jump offa de bike. Him will tek yu to Drop-Dead gully - it not too wide - jus jump ovah and mine yu no bruk yu foot, den tun lef', and yu see de shop.

It easy; yu caan miss it!

Edited by Deyoungting

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Timeline

Damien still won't let me do things for him...it drive me nuts sometimes. When he got his first job...he called one of his friends in JA to send him money for bus fare

'*********************

BUS fare...this is too damn FUNNY...when my cousin husband come up and started working...he was sending home every thing, but the DAMN kitchen sick...she had to put a stop to that, because his family was eating it up.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Damien still won't let me do things for him...it drive me nuts sometimes. When he got his first job...he called one of his friends in JA to send him money for bus fare

'*********************

BUS fare...this is too damn FUNNY...when my cousin husband come up and started working...he was sending home every thing, but the DAMN kitchen sick...she had to put a stop to that, because his family was eating it up.

It takes a very long time to figure out the whole income and expenses thing in the U.S.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

'*********************

It takes a very long time to figure out the whole income and expenses thing in the U.S.

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of! I mean we have had the 'talk' about sending money, barrels and kitchen sinks( :lol: ) home...but talking about it and the actuality of being here is two different things. We'll see.

Lawny, I hear you on the not asking for help thing...it drives me crazy too! Ken is very independent and old-fashion hates the thought of asking me for help. I tried to tell him when he gets here it's just gonna be the two of us, so we are going to have to depend upon each other...forget that "Me Tarzan, You Jane" mentality! :blink::wacko:

Again...we'll see. One way or the other we will make it work!

Bless,

Gill

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
Nanny sprry to hear u know..but I know everything will be ALRIGHT ! just give thanks and pray u will be just fine....it's tough u can do it :dance::thumbs:

Tonisha happy birthday to you...mi love di cake well do looks..but mi no know why Gill always a buy chocolate cake..she mussi a tell mi suomething :lol::yes:

Mistress KimKim,

How yuh knoa deh cyake is Chocolate...eh? It actually is yellow wid Strawberry filling....Yuh happy now....or wait...yuh nuh like Strawberry filling... :lol::lol::lol:

Love ya,

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline

'*********************

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of! I mean we have had the 'talk' about sending money, barrels and kitchen sinks( :lol: ) home...but talking about it and the actuality of being here is two different things. We'll see.

Lawny, I hear you on the not asking for help thing...it drives me crazy too! Ken is very independent and old-fashion hates the thought of asking me for help. I tried to tell him when he gets here it's just gonna be the two of us, so we are going to have to depend upon each other...forget that "Me Tarzan, You Jane" mentality! :blink::wacko:

Again...we'll see. One way or the other we will make it work!

Bless,

Gill

Gill

I always look at it as he never had monthly bills. He had to have phone cards and sometimes they paid the light bill. His money came from a weekly paycheck and tips, so basically, he always had cash in his pocket. It's very confusing to have all these monthly bills that you have to pay and to never really see any cash cause of direct deposits. We are heading into 2 years living together and to this day, I notice if he actually has cash, it's gone. I took out $$$$ for him on Monday and by yesterday, he was down to $3......that needs to last till next Friday. I keep saying, now you know that needs to last you 2 weeks and you may have to catch the bus to/from work if our schedules clash. He's like yah, I don't think I'll have any expenses. How can you guess what you are going to need in the the next 9 days (when your work schedule won't even come out again till Sat!)??????? It can be very trying sometimes.

I always try and remind myself that he hasn't grown up learning about budgeting, income, expenses, saving, etc.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

Not sure if this is too personal or not but what kinds of jobs did your men get when they came to the US? I know Louis would do anything! Maybe not fastfood though cause he wont be around meat! LOL. He is a prgrammer at the TV station in St Lucia so he does have some talents. I really want to find out what he is passionate about. I think working just to live has never given him the time to see if there is something he really loves and is good at. He said he wants to take computer classes when he gets here because he feels in the US everyone needs to know these things.

He will be in total shock with his 1st real paycheck! He gets paid once a month now and its equal to less than $400. He gives alot to his mom as it is now. I am sure we will be sending her money ... but no kitchen sinks! ;-)

How long until they can get a job?

cat

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline
Not sure if this is too personal or not but what kinds of jobs did your men get when they came to the US? I know Louis would do anything! Maybe not fastfood though cause he wont be around meat! LOL. He is a prgrammer at the TV station in St Lucia so he does have some talents. I really want to find out what he is passionate about. I think working just to live has never given him the time to see if there is something he really loves and is good at. He said he wants to take computer classes when he gets here because he feels in the US everyone needs to know these things.

He will be in total shock with his 1st real paycheck! He gets paid once a month now and its equal to less than $400. He gives alot to his mom as it is now. I am sure we will be sending her money ... but no kitchen sinks! ;-)

How long until they can get a job?

cat

It took Andre 5 months to get through AOS and get his green card. It took another 2 months of resumes and interviews, sometimes 2nd interviews, to finally find a job. He is starting in fast food. He started as a line worker and tomorrow will be a full year of working for them. He's currently a shift leader and just a few months away from training for assistant manager. I firmly believe in never looking a gift horse in the mouth!

I know of a few others who are nursing home caregivers, landscapers, and a roofer. It all depends on their skills, level of education, and the job they are applying for, plus the job market in your area.

I am sure we will be sending her money ... but no kitchen sinks! ;-) Good luck on that one!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Morning All (F)

Happy Birthday Tonisha!!! Hope your day was great :thumbs:

(((Shauna))) Try not to worry too much...keep in prayer and know that God knows what he is doing. I hope you here some good results from the doctor.

Gilly~ While di cyake look nice...mi nah like deh chocolate or di strawberry filling...mi is on one diet...yuh nah have sumting else fi me? ;):lol:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Re: The Job thing...

He got here in September 2005 and got a job in May 2006. He is still at the same job now, a company that manufactures doors. He is just a general laborer on the production line. He really likes his job. The pay is decent and he likes his coworkers for the most part so that is nice. He did similar processing work in JA but more in the agriculture and poultry type of stuff.

Timeline

Yah, that's another thing.....decent pay and our biggest plus......his own health insurance.

So many factors to look at when talking about work.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

I am lucky enough to have a cousin that owns his own tree/lanscaping business and will let him do clean up work. My Aunt also has a boarding farm for horses and said he can shovel all the horse poop he wants! LOL She came to SLU and met Louis and likes him so much she will do just about anything for us.

Who knows maybe he will end up loving something he has never thought of doing before.

He does have dreadlocks, very nice and neat ones I might add, and is worried about them hindering him. Fortunelty there is a big arts community here and crazy hair, tattoos and peircings are the norm. I won't let him cut the dreds!!

I will continue to think positive.

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline
Morning All (F)

Happy Birthday Tonisha!!! Hope your day was great :thumbs:

(((Shauna))) Try not to worry too much...keep in prayer and know that God knows what he is doing. I hope you here some good results from the doctor.

Gilly~ While di cyake look nice...mi nah like deh chocolate or di strawberry filling...mi is on one diet...yuh nah have sumting else fi me? ;):lol:

Sure Yardie...totally understand the diet sittin'

I'll give you a choice:

427e5677b942f-74-1.jpg Rice cake...YUM! :whistle:

or

Individual%20Mixed%20Fruit%20Tart.JPG Fruit tart

:lol::lol:

Enjoy,

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.