Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I've been through two blackouts and they are not fun at all. Kind of creepy. But, they are relatively short for the most part.

I've never been in a blackout, sounds scary for Ja, mr jengles would call me and say all u can do is sleep.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I've been through two blackouts and they are not fun at all. Kind of creepy. But, they are relatively short for the most part.

I've never been in a blackout, sounds scary for Ja, mr jengles would call me and say all u can do is sleep.

I have been through 3 there, haha. It really is not bad. I did not think it creepy, but pretty boring. The longest was this summer for about 2.5 days or so. What I found funny is that it does not seem to be a big deal. I just kept thinking how we would all freak out in the States with that long of a blackout..or a nationwide blackout at ALL!

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have been through 3 there, haha. It really is not bad. I did not think it creepy, but pretty boring. The longest was this summer for about 2.5 days or so. What I found funny is that it does not seem to be a big deal. I just kept thinking how we would all freak out in the States with that long of a blackout..or a nationwide blackout at ALL!

It's a huge deal if you are trying to travel on major roads.

Andre lived by Sangster. Going from the sound of plane noises all day and night to absolutely nothing. Plus, I used to sit in his yard and look out at the lights on the hillsides. Pure blackness is scary to me.

Yah, I can only imagine what would happen here. Utter chaos.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
I hope Gill is okay......Island-wide blackout yesterday.

Oh Evan told me about this on Wednesday. He said it was just off for a couple of hours during the day but came back up by night. At least in Mobay to negril area. He didn't know why it went out. maybe they are conserving energy like California and having rolling blackouts...yeah right :lol: .

I'm sure it wasn't bad at all. ALL hotels have a generator so if you're in a hotel its more than fine. i was there before, during and after Dean. Now THAT was bad. Try going weeks to a month with no electricity. Thats how it was in some areas. There was no water either for DAYS!!!! When it did come back it would go out periodically throughout the day. That was a very difficult time for me to adjust to. If you didnt have a generator or water tank...you were in big trouble and we were in big trouble. We took showers and flushed the toilet with rain water. :help:

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline

It's a huge deal if you are trying to travel on major roads.

Andre lived by Sangster. Going from the sound of plane noises all day and night to absolutely nothing. Plus, I used to sit in his yard and look out at the lights on the hillsides. Pure blackness is scary to me.

Yah, I can only imagine what would happen here. Utter chaos.

Shrewdie that is so true! In the US we wouldn't know what to do with ourselves. In Jamaica the non electricity thing really didnt matter much. Electricity and water go out relatively often so people are used to it. They know how to just keep it moving and then the electricity would come back on again. I really didnt notice the difference in town through out the day. Businesses had generators so all was ok. Just at night it would be really dark on some roads, but those were the roads that really never had much light to begin with. It was boring though...that was the most annoying part. i think having no water is harder than no electricity.

Timeline
I'm bord to death. I guess I'll go get my exercise on. i'm not fillin it tiday.

MJB sho know how to get a girl thru a wuk out. Her new CD is HOT!!! "Just fine" and "Work That" my 2008 anthems! Wuk wah ya got Ladies!!!

For dem family bak in Ja who nah fi get dem bloot#% rass and wuk..."Roses"

For dem stubbern JA mon we all know and love: "Talk To Me"

For those of uss going thu dis ear RASS immigration process: "Stay down"

Dealing wit separation "What luv is"

"Grown Woman" is hot as hell!!!

Leaving U R man: "Hurt Again"

Target HR 180bpm: acutal 193bpm peace of mind and look on hubby's face whwn em see em wife runnin in booty shorts priceless!!

Check out Mary

Lawd! 193bpm! i would have a heart attack! Actually thats probably my heart rate when I kickbox, cause sometimes it gets crazy!

Timeline
Woo-hoo! It seems like forever since we used to talk everyday...miss you girlie...but I'm so happy for you and Kevin.

awwwwwwwww...how cute! I want to be proud to be somebody's wife. :crying::blush:

Oh Jawi, yuh break my heart.

Hello and Congrats to everyone on moving forward in life. I'm new to the community. I joined back in Dec but couldn't figure out how to post. Thanks Gill. In the beginning, I checked the website 2-3 times a week but I've been working a lot lately. Wouldn't you know, my job blocked the website, therefore, I only have access at home. I was determined to post because I wanted to get in on the fun. I look forward to chatting with you all. Please let me warn you in advance. My patois is in the newborn stage :)

Thanks

Bridget

Ha Ha. This is too cute. I used to say that my patois was on the level of a 5 year old. But now....mi tink mi chat cyaan ramp wit deh teen pickney dem! Mi soon reach 20!

Edited by Marlita

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I'm trying to find my cancelled check to get the reciept number for our case. I've searched both this site and gov't site, but can only find the new fees, not the fees prior to July 2007. It I have the exact amount, I can find the cancelled check. Does anyone know the amount to file I-130 prior to July 2007? Thanks.

One luv, it was approx. $195.

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Timeline

Oh, how I remember the blackouts. I knew JPS number by heart...as soon as the light lockoff, there I was on deh people dem phone ah ask dem when dem ah go put on back mi light!!! What used to hurt mi was when I would go on my balcony and see all the houses at the front of our neighbourhood who had light! :angry:

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Timeline
having no water is harder than no electricity.

No truer words have been spoken. That was the hardest part. All when it hot because there is no light and you want to take a bath fi cool down likkle bit. One time, when I was in high school, light went and of course water went right after. As you all may know, even when the light come back, it takes a few hours for water to come back. Well, my dad had a pump installed on our water tank to pump the water through the house. Well we went to bed and the light came back in the night. Bird brain me, did leave the tap open, so nothing more than all ah de water pump out of the tank and flood the top floor of the house. Mi fadda nearly kill mi!

Hey tnw, how everything?

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Filed: Timeline
I'm trying to find my cancelled check to get the reciept number for our case. I've searched both this site and gov't site, but can only find the new fees, not the fees prior to July 2007. It I have the exact amount, I can find the cancelled check. Does anyone know the amount to file I-130 prior to July 2007? Thanks.

One Luv,

The old fee for the I-130 was $190. See link

http://www.aila.org/content/fileviewer.asp...p;linkid=155893

Mrs. Scott

Timeline
having no water is harder than no electricity.

No truer words have been spoken. That was the hardest part. All when it hot because there is no light and you want to take a bath fi cool down likkle bit. One time, when I was in high school, light went and of course water went right after. As you all may know, even when the light come back, it takes a few hours for water to come back. Well, my dad had a pump installed on our water tank to pump the water through the house. Well we went to bed and the light came back in the night. Bird brain me, did leave the tap open, so nothing more than all ah de water pump out of the tank and flood the top floor of the house. Mi fadda nearly kill mi!

Hey tnw, how everything?

Ha Ha , girl you crazy!! Yeah the whole water no water thing out there is ridiculous. And everytime the power shuts down, the water of course will follow, cause there's no electricity to pump the water to the houses. Then power come back and still no water. We were lucky that it was at least rainy season and the part of the island we were in got lots of rain everyday, so I was able to always get a bin filled with rain water to wash clothes and dishes and my own butt!!! But ah!!! It was not a fun time, especially cause the mosquitos were feeding on me like crazy and i had not shower to go take to soothe the bites.

Filed: Other Timeline
Target HR 180bpm: acutal 193bpm peace of mind and look on hubby's face whwn em see em wife runnin in booty shorts priceless!!

Check out Mary

Lawd! 193bpm! I would have a heart attack! Actually thats probably my heart rate when I kickbox, cause sometimes it gets crazy!

I was quite surprised myself....Givin my selfs ome luv:.....It really helped: down three pounds from last week! :thumbs:

I would love to kickbox. I hear it can tighten up your buns real qucik. Can't find a class.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Timeline

Check out Mary

Lawd! 193bpm! I would have a heart attack! Actually thats probably my heart rate when I kickbox, cause sometimes it gets crazy!

I was quite surprised myself....Givin my selfs ome luv:.....It really helped: down three pounds from last week! :thumbs:

I would love to kickbox. I hear it can tighten up your buns real qucik. Can't find a class.

No joke about the tightening up the buns!! I swear it is the best work out for that, plus it gives you so much energy and you just feel alive. I do yoga, pilates, kickboxing, and the elliptical machine. I haven't worked out in months, actually almost a year, but the kickboxing still shows its affects. I plan on going back to 24hour cause my job offers a free membership and i miss the steam room and sauna.

Filed: Other Timeline

Check out Mary

No joke about the tightening up the buns!! I swear it is the best work out for that, plus it gives you so much energy and you just feel alive. I do yoga, pilates, kickboxing, and the elliptical machine. I haven't worked out in months, actually almost a year, but the kickboxing still shows its affects. I plan on going back to 24hour cause my job offers a free membership and i miss the steam room and sauna.

Wow your busy! I started yoga last week...my body soo sore but I'm lovin it. Found a free step arobic class too, so I'm going to check that out next week also looking into pilates after I saw an infermercial on it last week. The elliptical machine is great except Hubby won't let me buy one and made me cancel my membership to the gym to save money. em seh all you need is right here de house. Use it! :angry: So I steped up the walking to running on my treadmil and boy I feel wonderful afterward. Getting started is the problem.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.